What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mary Trump, the Daughter of Fred Trump Jr.: “Too Much and Never Enough: How My Family Created the World’s Most Dangerous Man” (1 Viewer)

SaintsInDome2006

Footballguy
Trump Family Asks Court to Stop Publication of Tell-All by President’s Niece

President Trump has said Mary L. Trump signed a nondisclosure agreement in connection with a court case two decades ago related to the estate of Fred Trump Sr., the president’s father and her grandfather.

President Trump’s family is seeking a temporary restraining order to try to block publication of a tell-all book by the president’s niece, Mary L. Trump.

Ms. Trump is the daughter of the president’s late brother, Fred Trump Jr., and her book, “Too Much and Never Enough: How My Family Created the World’s Most Dangerous Man,” is scheduled to be published by Simon & Schuster on July 28.

Mr. Trump’s younger brother, Robert S. Trump, requested the restraining order on Tuesday in a filing in Queens County Surrogate’s Court, where the estate of the president’s father, Fred Trump Sr., was settled.

The filing names Ms. Trump and Simon & Schuster, and it seeks to stop publication on the grounds that Ms. Trump is violating a nondisclosure agreement related to the settlement of the estate of Fred Trump Sr., the father of Donald and Robert Trump and Mary Trump’s grandfather.
Officials at the Trump Organization declined to comment on the legal efforts to stop the book, which is described by the publisher on its website as a “revelatory, authoritative portrait of Donald J. Trump and the toxic family that made him.”

Ms. Trump, the website says, will show the “dark history of their family in order to explain how her uncle became the man who now threatens the world’s health, economic security and social fabric.”[

In the book, Ms. Trump, 55, is expected to say she was a chief source for The New York Times’s coverage of the president’s finances, and that she provided the newspaper with confidential tax documents. A spokeswoman for The Times declined to comment.

Robert Trump said in a statement that he was “deeply disappointed” in his niece’s decision.

“Her attempt to sensationalize and mischaracterize our family relationship after all of these years for her own financial gain is both a travesty and injustice to the memory of my late brother, Fred, and our beloved parents,” he said. “I and the rest of my entire family are so proud of my wonderful brother, the president, and feel that Mary’s actions are truly a disgrace.”

Theodore J. Boutrous Jr., a lawyer for Ms. Trump, said in a statement that the president and his family were trying “to suppress a book that will discuss matters of utmost public importance.”

“They are pursuing this unlawful prior restraint because they do not want the public to know the truth,” he said. “The courts will not tolerate this brazen violation of the First Amendment.”

Adam Rothberg, a spokesman for Simon & Schuster, said the attempt to prevent the book’s publication would fail.

“As the plaintiff and his attorney well know, the courts take a dim view of prior restraint, and this attempt to block publication will meet the same fate as those that have gone before,” he said.

But the book itself and the attempt to prevent it from appearing are only the latest chapter in family tensions that have divided the Trumps for years.

Mary Trump’s father, Fred Trump Jr., turned his back on his own father’s real-estate business, becoming permanently estranged from him, to work for Trans World Airlines. He suffered from alcoholism and died in 1981 at age 42.

When Fred Trump Sr. died in 1999, he all but cut out Fred Trump Jr.’s two children, Mary and her brother, Fred Trump III, from his will, leaving them only a small cash bequest. Ms. Trump and her brother contested the will and sued Donald Trump and his siblings, arguing that they poisoned Fred Trump Sr. against them and coerced him to change how he left his fortune.

It was a nasty court battle, and at one point Donald Trump and his brother and sister cut off the medical benefits to Fred Trump III’s infant child, who was born with severe medical issues requiring expensive and intense care.

In 2001, Mary Trump and her brother settled the lawsuit. The exact terms are not known, but the settlement did include a financial payment to them both. In his court filing on Tuesday, Robert Trump wrote that the settlement also included a confidentiality agreement barring Ms. Trump from writing the type of book she seems to have written.

President Trump was apparently referring to that agreement in an interview last week with Axios after the imminent publication of Mary Trump’s book was first reported.

“She’s not allowed to write a book,” he said, referring to his niece.

“You know, when we settled with her and her brother, who I do have a good relationship with — she’s got a brother, Fred, who I do have a good relationship with — but when we settled,” Mr. Trump said, she “signed a nondisclosure.”

The Trump family appears to be trying to block publication of the book before it is printed and shipped to stores and warehouses. When the Justice Department tried and failed in court to stop publication of a tell-all account of his time in the White House by the former national security adviser John R. Bolton, the book had already shipped and was set to go on sale a few days later.

Last edited by a moderator:
1990 Vanity Fair article on the Trump family: AFTER THE GOLD RUSH

- For context.

Fred Trump, like his son, has never resisted exaggeration. When Donald was a child, his father bought a house that "had nine bathrooms and columns like Tara," Fred Trump said. The house, however, was in Queens. Donald would someday envision a larger world. It was Donald's mother, Mary, who revered luxury. "My mother had a sense of the grand," Trump told me. "I can remember her watching the coronation of Queen Elizabeth and being so fascinated by it. My father had no interest in that kind of thing at all."

Donald Trump often went with his father to construction sites, for they were extraordinarily close, almost kindred spirits. In family photographs, Fred and Donald stand together, often arm in arm, while Donald's sisters and younger brother, Robert, seem off in the ether. Ivana has told friends that Donald even persuaded his father to put him in charge of his three siblings' trust funds.

Donald was one of five children, the second son. As a child, he was so boisterous that his parents sent him away to military school. "That was the way it worked in the Trump family," a longtime friend told me. "It was not a loving atmosphere." Donald was chubby then, but military school slimmed him down. He became forceful, and grew even closer to his father. "I had to fight back all the time," Trump once told me. "These guys like my father are tough. You have to be hitting back! Otherwise they don't respect you!"

Family members say that the firstborn son, Fred junior, often felt shut out by the relationship between Donald and his father. As a young man, he announced his intention to be an airplane pilot. Later, according to a friend of Ivana's, Donald and his father often belittled Fred junior for this career choice. "Donald would say, 'What is the difference between what you do and driving a bus? Why aren't you in the family real-estate business?' " Fred junior became an alcoholic and died at age forty-three. Ivana has always told her close friends that she believed the pressure put on him by his father and his brother hastened his early death. "Perhaps unknowingly [we did put pressure on him]," Trump told me. "We assumed that [real estate] came rather easy to us and it should have come easily to him. I had success, and that put pressure on Fred too. What is this, a psychoanalysis of Donald?"

Donald's relationship with Robert has also had troubled moments. Robert, who did go into the family business, has always been "the nice guy," in his brother's shadow. There has been additional friction between Robert's wife, Blaine, and Ivana. Blaine is considered a workhorse for New York charities, and Robert and Blaine are extremely popular—"the good Trumps," they are called. "Robert and I feel that if we say anything about the family, then we become public people," Blaine told me. The brothers' suppressed hostility erupted after the opening of the Taj Mahal. "Robert told Donald that if he didn't give him autonomy he would leave," Ivana told a friend. "So Donald did leave him alone, and there was a mess with the slot machines which cost Donald $3 million to $10 million in the first three days. When Donald exploded, Robert packed his boxes and left. He and Blaine went to her family for Easter."

As his father had had Bunny Lindenbaum for his fixer, Donald Trump had Roy Cohn, the Picasso of the inside fix. "Cohn taught Donald which fork to use," a friend told me. "I'll bring my lawyer Roy Cohn with me," Trump often told city officials a decade ago, before he learned better. "Donald calls me fifteen to twenty times a day," Cohn once told me. "He has a maddening attention to detail. He is always asking, 'What is the status of this? What is the status of that?' "

Tell-All Book on Trump Can Move Forward Pending Hearing, Judge Rules

The decision reversed a lower court’s ruling that had temporarily halted publication of the book by the president’s niece, but it didn’t address whether she violated a confidentiality agreement.

A New York appellate judge ruled on Wednesday that the publisher Simon & Schuster could go ahead with its plans to release a tell-all book by Mary L. Trump, the niece of President Trump, reversing a lower court’s decision from this week that had temporarily halted publication.

The decision by the judge, Alan D. Scheinkman, means that Simon & Schuster can move forward in publishing the book, “Too Much and Never Enough: How My Family Created the World’s Most Dangerous Man,” which is scheduled to be released at the end of July. In court papers filed on Tuesday, Simon & Schuster claimed that tens of thousands of copies of the book had already been printed, adding that it is a best seller on Amazon.

Justice Scheinkman’s ruling, however, put off addressing a central aspect of the bitter spat about the manuscript that has been roiling all month in the Trump family: whether, by writing the book, Ms. Trump violated a confidentiality agreement put in place nearly 20 years ago after a struggle over the will of her grandfather, Fred Trump Sr., Donald Trump’s father.

In his decision, Justice Scheinkman ruled that Simon & Schuster was not a party to — and thus could not be bound by — the confidentiality agreement, which was signed by Ms. Trump, Donald Trump and the president’s two siblings, Robert S. Trump and Maryanne Trump Barry.

“Unlike Ms. Trump,” Justice Scheinkman wrote, “S&S has not agreed to surrender or relinquish any of its First Amendment rights.”

Simon & Schuster quickly hailed the ruling as a victory.

“We support Mary L. Trump’s right to tell her story in ‘Too Much and Never Enough,’ a work of great interest and importance to the national discourse that fully deserves to be published for the benefit of the American public,” the publisher said in a statement issued Wednesday night. “As all know, there are well-established precedents against prior restraint and pre-publication injunctions.”

On Tuesday, ruling on a petition filed by Robert Trump, Judge Hal Greenwald of the New York State Supreme Court in Dutchess County issued a temporary restraining order barring publication of Ms. Trump’s book, saying that he would hear more arguments in the case at a hearing on July 10. That same day, Simon & Schuster told Judge Greenwald that it was unaware of Ms. Trump’s confidentiality agreement.

While Justice Scheinkman declined on Wednesday to rule on the question of whether Ms. Trump had violated the agreement, he did note that it was “reasonable for a well-known and prominent family to collectively agree” to shield “intimate family matters” from the public.

But he also pointed out that an agreement reached two decades ago to protect the Trump family’s privacy may have been altered by the fact that Donald Trump had in the interim become the president.

“The legitimate interest in preserving family secrets may be one thing for the family of a real estate developer, no matter how successful,” Justice Scheinkman wrote. “It is another matter for the family of the president of the United States.”

Justice Scheinkman said he might have to review the book himself to decide if its contents violated the confidentiality agreement.

Theodore J. Boutrous Jr., a lawyer for Ms. Trump, said on Wednesday that he planned to file a formal appeal of the lower court’s ruling on Thursday.

“It is very good news that the prior restraint against Simon & Schuster has been vacated,” Mr. Boutrous said, “and we look forward to filing our brief tomorrow in the trial court explaining why the same result is required as to Ms. Trump, based on the First Amendment and basic contract law.”

Mary Trump: You Can’t Gag Me Because Settlement Was a ‘Fraud’

The legal fight over a tell-all by President Donald Trump’s niece took another turn on Thursday when her lawyers filed papers to remove a temporary restraining order, arguing that the confidentiality agreement she signed 19 years ago was an unenforceable fraud.

In an affidavit, Mary Trump said that when she inked the agreement, ending a dispute over her grandfather’s will, she believed the asset amounts in it were accurate, but learned they were bogus from a New York Times expose.
The daughter of Trump's deceased brother, Fred Jr, is claiming that Trump defrauded her family out of the Trump family fortune, something she learned from the NY Times' investigations into his financial schemes.

eta - The affidavit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mary Trump’s Book Accuses the President of Embracing ‘Cheating as a Way of Life’

The president’s niece, Mary L. Trump, is the first to break ranks with the family and release a tell-all memoir.

Mary L. Trump, President Trump’s niece, plans to publish a tell-all family memoir next week, describing how a decades long history of darkness, dysfunction and brutality turned her uncle into a reckless leader who, according to her publisher, Simon & Schuster, “now threatens the world’s health, economic security and social fabric.”

The book, “Too Much and Never Enough: How My Family Created the World’s Most Dangerous Man,” depicts a multigenerational saga of greed, betrayal and internecine tension and seeks to explain how President Trump’s position in one of New York’s wealthiest and most infamous real-estate empires helped him acquire what Ms. Trump has referred to as “twisted behaviors” — attributes like seeing other people in “monetary terms” and practicing “cheating as a way of life.”

Ms. Trump, who at 55 has long been estranged from President Trump, is the first member of the Trump clan to break ranks with her relatives by writing a book about their secrets. Since late June, her family — led by the president’s younger brother, Robert S. Trump — has been trying to stop the publication of the book, citing a confidentiality agreement that she signed nearly 20 years ago during a dispute over the will of the family patriarch, Fred Trump Sr., the president’s father. But a judge in New York has refused to enjoin Simon & Schuster from releasing the memoir and is expected to soon rule on whether Ms. Trump herself violated the confidentiality agreement.

Here are some of the highlights from her manuscript:

Cheating on a College Entrance Test

As a high school student in Queens, Ms. Trump writes, Donald Trump paid someone to take a precollegiate test, the SAT, on his behalf. The high score the proxy earned for him, Ms. Trump adds, helped the young Mr. Trump to later gain admittance as an undergraduate to the University of Pennsylvania’s prestigious Wharton business school.

Mr. Trump has often boasted about attending Wharton, which he has referred to as “the best school in the world” and “super genius stuff.”

Sending a Brother to the Hospital Alone

It has long been part of the Trump family’s lore that the eldest child of Fred Trump Sr., Fred Trump Jr., who was better known as Freddy, was the black sheep of the dynasty. Freddy Trump was a handsome, garrulous man and a heavy drinker who, after a miserable experience working for his father, left his job in real estate to pursue a passion for flying, becoming a pilot for Trans World Airlines.

Donald Trump has often remarked that his brother’s departure from the family business opened space for him to move into and succeed. “For me, it worked very well,” Mr. Trump told The New York Times during his presidential campaign about serving under his father. “For Fred, it wasn’t something that was going to work.”

Fred Trump Sr. could be brutal to his namesake, shouting at him once as a group of employees looked on, “Donald is worth ten of you,” Ms. Trump writes.

Freddy Trump died in 1981 from an alcohol-induced heart attack when he was 42, and Ms. Trump tells the story in her book about how his family sent him to the hospital alone on the night of his death. No one went with him, Ms. Trump writes.

Donald Trump, she added, went to see a movie.

“No Principles,” a Sister Says

Even at the start of Mr. Trump’s campaign, his sister, Maryanne Trump Barry, a retired federal appeals court judge, had deep reservations about his fitness for office, Ms. Trump writes.

“He’s a clown — this will never happen,” she quotes her aunt as saying during one of their regular lunches in 2015, just after Mr. Trump announced that he was running for president.

Maryanne Trump was particularly baffled by support for her brother among evangelical Christians, according to the book.

“The only time Donald went to church was when the cameras were there,” Ms. Trump quotes her aunt as saying. “It’s mind boggling. But that’s all about his base. He has no principles. None!”

Donald Trump, Narcissist

Ms. Trump, a clinical psychologist, asserts that her uncle has all nine clinical criteria for being a narcissist. And yet, she notes, even that label does not capture the full array of the president’s psychological troubles.

“The fact is,” she writes, “Donald’s pathologies are so complex and his behaviors so often inexplicable that coming up with an accurate and comprehensive diagnosis would require a full battery of psychological and neurophysical tests that he’ll never sit for.”

At another point she says: “Donald has been institutionalized for most of his adult life, so there is no way to know how he would thrive, or even survive, on his own in the real world.”

Like other critics of the president, Ms. Trump takes issue in the book with the notion that Mr. Trump is a strategic thinker who operates according to specific agendas or organizing principles.

“He doesn’t,” she writes. “Donald’s ego has been and is a fragile and inadequate barrier between him and the real world, which, thanks to his father’s money and power, he never had to negotiate by himself.”

"He's a clown. This will never happen." - Trump's older sister, a federal judge, on the idea of her younger brother becoming president.  

I said something very similar to my father-in-law when he happened to be the first person who I genuinely respect suggested him as a real possibility for the Republican candidate for the presidency. 

Turns out maybe his sister and I are the clowns...

Trump’s niece writes that his failings ‘threaten us all’

Donald Trump’s upbringing in a deeply dysfunctional family makes him a uniquely destructive and unstable leader for the country, his niece writes in a scathing new book obtained by The Times, perhaps the most personal in a series of deeply unflattering tell-all accounts about the president.

Mary Trump paints a disturbing portrait of her uncle, saying he paid a friend to take his SATs so he could get into college and grew up bending the truth to promote himself. The future president’s father was a “high-functioning sociopath” and his mother “emotionally and physically absent.”

“Honest work was never demanded of him, and no matter how badly he failed, he was rewarded in ways that are almost unfathomable. He continues to be protected from his own disasters in the White House,” writes Mary Trump, the daughter of the president’s eldest brother, Fred.

“But now the stakes are far higher than they’ve ever been before; they are literally life and death. Unlike any previous time in his life, Donald’s failings cannot be hidden or ignored because they threaten us all,” she adds.

More than any modern president, Trump has gone to extraordinary lengths to conceal or distort major details of his life, barring his schools from releasing transcripts, refusing to release his tax returns or detailed health information, and requiring employees and others to sign nondisclosure agreements to prevent release of unflattering material about his business and personal affairs.

The Times obtained a copy Tuesday of “Too Much and Never Enough,” which is scheduled to be published on July 14.

Although the president sought to stop release of his niece’s brutal personal account, a New York appeals court allowed Simon & Schuster to distribute the book. But it remains the focus of a legal battle.

The president argues that the book violates a nondisclosure agreement that Mary Trump signed decades ago as part of the settlement of a bitter family dispute. She has told the court that Trump lied about his net worth and other business affairs during the negotiations and that the agreement therefore should be declared invalid.

In addition to her private dealings and family history with Trump, Mary relies on her training as a clinical psychologist to analyze the president. She still blames him for the unraveling of her father, who died in 1981 at age 42 after struggling with alcoholism.

Fred Jr., often called Freddy, had been expected to take over the family real estate business, but he was uninterested and Fred Sr. ended up favoring Donald instead.

“Donald, following the lead of my grandfather and with the complicity, silence, and inaction of his siblings, destroyed my father,” Mary writes. “I can’t let him destroy my country.”

She writes that no family members went with Freddy when he was taken to the hospital at the end of his life. On the night he died, Donald went to the movies, she writes.

Donald is the fourth of five siblings, and their parents were “problematic,” Mary writes.

Their mother, also named Mary, was “emotionally and physically absent,” and Fred was worse, she argues.

“Fred seemed to have no emotional needs at all,” the book says. “In fact, he was a high-functioning sociopath.”

Because of this, “Donald suffered deprivations that would scar him for life,” the book says, and he developed personality traits that included “displays of narcissism, bullying, grandiosity.”

He also became practiced at bending the truth, a precursor to a president who has uttered falsehoods and mistruths thousands of times since taking office.

“For Donald, lying was primarily a mode of self-aggrandizement meant to convince other people he was better than he actually was,” Mary writes.

Trump got his older sister, Maryanne, to complete his school homework, and he paid a friend to take the standardized College Board admission tests known as SATs for him, according to the book.

“That was much easier to pull off in the days before photo IDs and computerized records,” Mary writes. “Donald, who never lacked for funds, paid his buddy well.”

When Fred Jr. failed to meet his father’s expectations, Fred Sr. treated him harshly, an experience that Donald internalized.

“He had plenty of time to learn from watching Fred humiliate his older brother and Freddy’s resulting shame,” Mary writes. “The lesson he learned, at its simplest, was that it was wrong to be like Freddy: Fred didn’t respect his oldest son, so neither would Donald. Fred thought Freddy was weak, and therefore so did Donald.”

The book is the first from a member of Trump’s family, but several former senior members of Trump’s inner circle have shared withering criticism of the president as he seeks reelection.

Last month, John Bolton, Trump’s third national security advisor, released a scorching behind-the-scenes account of what he viewed as the president’s incompetence and slavish behavior toward authoritarian leaders.

Yeah, you don't think they approached her or other Trump family members with "we'll give you $$$$ to write something about Donald"?
Well think about that. If Mary Trump's claim that Trump had defrauded her side of the family was false, then she wouldn't very well need the money now would she.

Yeah, you don't think they approached her or other Trump family members with "we'll give you $$$$ to write something about Donald"?
That's libel, if she's making stuff up, and all anyone would have to do is sue her for it. As flawed as the journalism industry is, I doubt they're going to intentionally go out of their way to undermine whatever credibility they have. 

I know many of you hate Trump and everything he stands for, but all the articles I’ve read on this are pure trash.  She’s claiming he was abused by his father and the media is of course going to focus on unfounded accusations of SAT scores.

Focusing on crap like this isn’t something anyone should do.  It’s disgusting 

I know many of you hate Trump and everything he stands for, but all the articles I’ve read on this are pure trash.  She’s claiming he was abused by his father and the media is of course going to focus on unfounded accusations of SAT scores.

From what I've read in here, I thought her claim is that Fred Sr. abused Fred Jr. (her father), Donald saw that and shaped his behavior to avoid being abused by Fred Sr. It's interesting, if true, as a partial explanation of how Donald got to be the way he is.

True, should be focusing on the bounties, defunding WHO, people close to this administration receiving bail out money (while trying to block identifying who has received the money), spiking COVID numbers...but guess those things don’t keep anyone’s attention so we’ll have to see if this grabs them

Mary Trump’s Book Accuses the President of Embracing ‘Cheating as a Way of Life’

The president’s niece, Mary L. Trump, is the first to break ranks with the family and release a tell-all memoir.

Mary L. Trump, President Trump’s niece, plans to publish a tell-all family memoir next week, describing how a decades long history of darkness, dysfunction and brutality turned her uncle into a reckless leader who, according to her publisher, Simon & Schuster, “now threatens the world’s health, economic security and social fabric.”

The book, “Too Much and Never Enough: How My Family Created the World’s Most Dangerous Man,” depicts a multigenerational saga of greed, betrayal and internecine tension and seeks to explain how President Trump’s position in one of New York’s wealthiest and most infamous real-estate empires helped him acquire what Ms. Trump has referred to as “twisted behaviors” — attributes like seeing other people in “monetary terms” and practicing “cheating as a way of life.”

Ms. Trump, who at 55 has long been estranged from President Trump, is the first member of the Trump clan to break ranks with her relatives by writing a book about their secrets. Since late June, her family — led by the president’s younger brother, Robert S. Trump — has been trying to stop the publication of the book, citing a confidentiality agreement that she signed nearly 20 years ago during a dispute over the will of the family patriarch, Fred Trump Sr., the president’s father. But a judge in New York has refused to enjoin Simon & Schuster from releasing the memoir and is expected to soon rule on whether Ms. Trump herself violated the confidentiality agreement.

Here are some of the highlights from her manuscript:

Cheating on a College Entrance Test

As a high school student in Queens, Ms. Trump writes, Donald Trump paid someone to take a precollegiate test, the SAT, on his behalf. The high score the proxy earned for him, Ms. Trump adds, helped the young Mr. Trump to later gain admittance as an undergraduate to the University of Pennsylvania’s prestigious Wharton business school.

Mr. Trump has often boasted about attending Wharton, which he has referred to as “the best school in the world” and “super genius stuff.”

Sending a Brother to the Hospital Alone

It has long been part of the Trump family’s lore that the eldest child of Fred Trump Sr., Fred Trump Jr., who was better known as Freddy, was the black sheep of the dynasty. Freddy Trump was a handsome, garrulous man and a heavy drinker who, after a miserable experience working for his father, left his job in real estate to pursue a passion for flying, becoming a pilot for Trans World Airlines.

Donald Trump has often remarked that his brother’s departure from the family business opened space for him to move into and succeed. “For me, it worked very well,” Mr. Trump told The New York Times during his presidential campaign about serving under his father. “For Fred, it wasn’t something that was going to work.”

Fred Trump Sr. could be brutal to his namesake, shouting at him once as a group of employees looked on, “Donald is worth ten of you,” Ms. Trump writes.

Freddy Trump died in 1981 from an alcohol-induced heart attack when he was 42, and Ms. Trump tells the story in her book about how his family sent him to the hospital alone on the night of his death. No one went with him, Ms. Trump writes.

Donald Trump, she added, went to see a movie.

“No Principles,” a Sister Says

Even at the start of Mr. Trump’s campaign, his sister, Maryanne Trump Barry, a retired federal appeals court judge, had deep reservations about his fitness for office, Ms. Trump writes.

“He’s a clown — this will never happen,” she quotes her aunt as saying during one of their regular lunches in 2015, just after Mr. Trump announced that he was running for president.

Maryanne Trump was particularly baffled by support for her brother among evangelical Christians, according to the book.

“The only time Donald went to church was when the cameras were there,” Ms. Trump quotes her aunt as saying. “It’s mind boggling. But that’s all about his base. He has no principles. None!”

Donald Trump, Narcissist

Ms. Trump, a clinical psychologist, asserts that her uncle has all nine clinical criteria for being a narcissist. And yet, she notes, even that label does not capture the full array of the president’s psychological troubles.

“The fact is,” she writes, “Donald’s pathologies are so complex and his behaviors so often inexplicable that coming up with an accurate and comprehensive diagnosis would require a full battery of psychological and neurophysical tests that he’ll never sit for.”

At another point she says: “Donald has been institutionalized for most of his adult life, so there is no way to know how he would thrive, or even survive, on his own in the real world.”

Like other critics of the president, Ms. Trump takes issue in the book with the notion that Mr. Trump is a strategic thinker who operates according to specific agendas or organizing principles.

“He doesn’t,” she writes. “Donald’s ego has been and is a fragile and inadequate barrier between him and the real world, which, thanks to his father’s money and power, he never had to negotiate by himself.”

After reading the headlines my first reaction was tell me something we didn’t already know.

Let me ask you something Blade Runner.  If it comes out that Trump actually cheated on his SAT's (the guy who took them admits to it) will this alter your opinion of him in any way?

If any other president was caught cheating in this fashion, it would be all over the news and it would tarnish them forever.  This is actually a pretty minor thing for Trump, and gets washed away as unimportant.

Im wondering if it is so easy to write a trash book for cash then I'd expect similar family dirt on on O and W. I mean, if it so easy. Maybe they are just better men?

For the record I'm guessing this book is full of sensationalism but I've seen enough these last couple of years to think that these specific antidotes are not spun out of whole cloth either.

So why does that preclude that she would lie? Wouldn’t there be just as much money, maybe more from his extremely loyal base, from a book that flatters him?  

If it’s true why is it trash?  

True, should be focusing on the bounties, defunding WHO, people close to this administration receiving bail out money (while trying to block identifying who has received the money), spiking COVID numbers...but guess those things don’t keep anyone’s attention so we’ll have to see if this grabs them
Covid is a life and death major issue.  As is defunding the WHO. This stuff is tabloid trash

From what I've read in here, I thought her claim is that Fred Sr. abused Fred Jr. (her father), Donald saw that and shaped his behavior to avoid being abused by Fred Sr. It's interesting, if true, as a partial explanation of how Donald got to be the way he is.
According to a number of articles I’ve read, she said that Donald was abused by Fred Sr.  Spreading someone else’s abuse online for the country to read is pathetic.

According to a number of articles I’ve read, she said that Donald was abused by Fred Sr.  Spreading someone else’s abuse online for the country to read is pathetic.
I’m undecided on this point.  Perhaps it’s important for us to know about the background and upbringing of someone running for President of the United States.  And Donald certain has the opportunity to address the issues raised with the public if he so chooses.

There should be no shame in being a victim of abuse. If true, it’s not something he needs to hide.

Users who are viewing this thread