What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What's Your Favorite Dessert? (1 Viewer)

Probably ice cream.  I throw the carton in the microwave for 30-45 seconds to soften it up and eat it right out of the carton while watching TV.

Also love me some Oreos and milk.

Or a candy bar.

Mmm... dessert.  

anything chocolate - dark chocolate specifically -  ice cream and pudding = no self control; Cookies and Cakes etc = some self control

Really good cheesecake is hard to beat.  Or a good fresh cookie.

But my all time favorite is my grandma’s cupcakes. Chocolate cupcakes with a swirl of cream cheese and chocolate chips.  They are so damn good.

Dan Lambskin said:
No mention of creme brûlée yet?
Creme brulee is a great choice!  But, I've only had it done correctly twice:

Once in NYC and once in Paris.

All the other times the crust was hard as a rock. 

What's amazing is that using concentrated lime juice is far better than freshly squeezed when making homemade.  My experience.
Lol.....My MIL makes a great key lime pie and anytime she's visiting, she makes it for me.  She made it once when we had my family over and my sister was raving about it.  She asked for the recipe and my MIL kind of looked sheepish.  Her husband smiled, got up from the table, pulled the lime juice concentrate from the fridge, handed it to my sister and pointed out the recipe on the bottle. :lmao:

Great damn pie regardless.  Just thought that was a funny peek into my in-laws marriage.  My FIL does about 99% of the cooking in their family.

Lol.....My MIL makes a great key lime pie and anytime she's visiting, she makes it for me.  She made it once when we had my family over and my sister was raving about it.  She asked for the recipe and my MIL kind of looked sheepish.  Her husband smiled, got up from the table, pulled the lime juice concentrate from the fridge, handed it to my sister and pointed out the recipe on the bottle. :lmao:

Great damn pie regardless.  Just thought that was a funny peek into my in-laws marriage.  My FIL does about 99% of the cooking in their family.
Hey yeah, I mean't to type KEY lime juice.  Here's a link to the juice and recipe!

https://www.amazon.com/Nellie-Joes-West-Lime-Juice/dp/B000SRK7Q2

Another interesting culinary experience was when a friends mother made Saurbraten with Dumplings and German Chocolate Cake.  I just HAD to have the recipe.  Turns out it's printed on Kraft's German Chocolate box.  Not a special family secret or anything.

LOL!

Linked here...

https://www.kraftwhatscooking.ca/recipe/bakers-german-chocolate-cake-recipe-106060

Last edited by a moderator:
Depends on the time of year. Most of the time it'll be ice cream, maybe cookies if I'm at a party. However, from Labor Day through New Years, I'm all about apple pie. 

wikkidpissah said:
-verrry close to my tastes except, when biting into good dense chocolate cake (the greatest dessert pleasure), i'd want some kinda coffee/caramel flavoring with it
dark chocolate flourless torte with a dark chocolate ganache and caramel swirl topping 

Users who are viewing this thread