What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

KGB Defector on Russia`s Ideological Subversion tactics on the USA and other nations (1 Viewer)

It's traditional Soviet active measures and it's been around a long time. The US used to have IC and other arms like State and DOD which had counteraction strategies during the Cold War, it did not totally get shut down but it largely was dismantled during the Clinton and Bush years. Putin was trained in this, he was a part of KGB and he's brought back a good deal of their former strategies and behaviors, and he's been doing that since roughly 2006 or even before. Here is Trump and his view of the KGB.

Btw this man's name was Yuri Bezmenov, there are several videos of the interview with him, interesting stuff. He was speaking at time when the USSR was falling and he felt free to speak. This kind of interview would be impossible now.

Btw this man's name was Yuri Bezmenov, there are several videos of the interview with him, interesting stuff. He was speaking at time when the USSR was falling and he felt free to speak. This kind of interview would be impossible now.
Yuri passed away soon after these videos in his mid 50s.  Natural causes?

It's traditional Soviet active measures and it's been around a long time. The US used to have IC and other arms like State and DOD which had counteraction strategies during the Cold War, it did not totally get shut down but it largely was dismantled during the Clinton and Bush years. Putin was trained in this, he was a part of KGB and he's brought back a good deal of their former strategies and behaviors, and he's been doing that since roughly 2006 or even before. Here is Trump and his view of the KGB.
In reality when you watch the whole interview it is so simplistic, only patience is needed. It is possible we are are in or are nearing stage 4. 

Rush Limbaugh and their ilk should be asking for money from various adversary countries that want to see the US fail if they were not getting any already. 30 years was all it took to permanently poison the brains of a generation. The USA economy is dropping relative to other countries on a day by day basis from COVID response solely due to fake news spread from these and related sources. Russia could not do as much damage if they dropped a nuke on the US. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Rush Limbaugh and their ilk should be asking for money from various adversary countries that want to see the US fail if they were not getting any already. 30 years was all it took to permanently poison the brains of a generation. The USA economy is dropping relative to other countries on a day by day basis from COVID response solely due to fake news spread from these and related sources. Russia could not do as much damage if they dropped a nuke on the US. 
Do you think the American news, as currently constituted, is credible?

Smack Tripper said:
Do you think the American news, as currently constituted, is credible?

BigSteelThrill said:
There are plenty of credible news outlets (I didn't say perfect) in America.
Problem with our cable news stations is they give you their version of the news and how they want to shape your mind and views. All the stories are so twisted and politically driven now and that feeds right into the ideological subversion Yuri talks about.

Problem with our cable news stations is they give you their version of the news and how they want to shape your mind and views. All the stories are so twisted and politically driven now and that feeds right into the ideological subversion Yuri talks about.
Yep.  :thumbup:

It is no coincidence that the divide in our country is so big.  We are fed constant propaganda.  The fear is mostly manufactured.  What's going on right now with trying to tear down our history is a perfect example

There's a particular cable news station that has been telling its viewers this for years which why they should only get news from them.  Everyone is else lying and twisting stories to deceive them. That's a bigger part of the problem right now. 

This reminds me of 96 Limbaugh... he was still relatively ascendant at that point, so the content is driven by being Anti-Clinton, but the best thing for Limbaugh's business was for Bill to win.

News channels have seen unprecedented numbers under Trump... is he the golden goose?    Its hard to see the fatigue not setting in if he loses, so do they somehow prop him up later in the year?  Or are there true belivers in their walls who are willing to forego the bottom line

There's a particular cable news station that has been telling its viewers this for years which why they should only get news from them.  Everyone is else lying and twisting stories to deceive them. That's a bigger part of the problem right now. 
Well, that and in 2020 people are getting news from their cable news station.  ;)

Ideological Subversion has been in place for many decades now.   So much misinformation and deception that most Americans really have no idea what exactly is real or correct.  It is a slow brain washing system that is proven to be very effective. As Yuri said it is irreversible

Right now many think riots, no police, looting are actually OK. Many people in political power and media outlets silently condone this behavior. We are already closing in on at stage 4 where it is normalized.   What happens in the next stage in 20 years or so dissenters will not be allowed..they will be squashed.

Ideological Subversion has been in place for many decades now.   So much misinformation and deception that most Americans really have no idea what exactly is real or correct.  It is a slow brain washing system that is proven to be very effective. As Yuri said it is irreversible

Right now many think riots, no police, looting are actually OK. Many people in political power and media outlets silently condone this behavior. We are already closing in on at stage 4 where it is normalized.   What happens in the next stage in 20 years or so dissenters will not be allowed..they will be squashed.
I was talking to a co-worker about her friend from Romania who immigrated to the US.  She thinks Americans are crazy how they complain about everything, when we have so much.  She talks of a stipend from the government and basically eating a lot of potatoes and bread.....no opportunity to move from your station in society, at least not like we have.....I've heard testament from other immigrants who love the freedoms we enjoy, and can't understand why we can't realize what we have.......it's pretty sad.  And now the millennials want EVERYTHING handed to them.  It's not about working hard to achieve.....it's about taking the rich guys resources cuz it's not fair.  Boo F'n Hoo

Oh, and another thing to add......my understanding is the US is actually has much less racism than most countries in the world.  This is all second hand from people who've lived on other places.

I was talking to a co-worker about her friend from Romania who immigrated to the US.  She thinks Americans are crazy how they complain about everything, when we have so much.  She talks of a stipend from the government and basically eating a lot of potatoes and bread.....no opportunity to move from your station in society, at least not like we have.....I've heard testament from other immigrants who love the freedoms we enjoy, and can't understand why we can't realize what we have.......it's pretty sad.  And now the millennials want EVERYTHING handed to them.  It's not about working hard to achieve.....it's about taking the rich guys resources cuz it's not fair.  Boo F'n Hoo

Oh, and another thing to add......my understanding is the US is actually has much less racism than most countries in the world.  This is all second hand from people who've lived on other places.
What a great post!  

everyone that complains here should move to another country where they think it's so great for a decade and see how good they really have it.  And when they come crawling back, If they're still alive, then maybe we'll take them seriously.

Heck, I bet we could even get the government to pay for their one way plane tickets.

What a great post!  

everyone that complains here should move to another country where they think it's so great for a decade and see how good they really have it.  And when they come crawling back, If they're still alive, then maybe we'll take them seriously.

Heck, I bet we could even get the government to pay for their one way plane tickets.
Or part of what makes this country great is the ability to speak out, vote, support things and try to make things better...rather than the" if you don't like it move" mentality.

There are other places that have pieces right that we get wrong.  That doesn't mean I want to pick up, move my family, be away from other family and friends to move there.  Its just such a ridiculous statement to keep making.

Or part of what makes this country great is the ability to speak out, vote, support things and try to make things better...rather than the" if you don't like it move" mentality.

There are other places that have pieces right that we get wrong.  That doesn't mean I want to pick up, move my family, be away from other family and friends to move there.  Its just such a ridiculous statement to keep making.
The point is, we are spoiled, and take what we have for granted.

We blame rich people for our problems and want the government to fix it.....if anything, we should be making sure we follow the constitution and  decrease gub bueracracy.

Users who are viewing this thread