What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Would you Dine out or Drink at a local Bar/Grille? (1 Viewer)

I have been ordering take out regularly now or I have it delivered Door Dash by a driver named Dan D

• Yes!

Votes: 157 62.5%
  • No I prefer to cook at home

Votes: 94 37.5%

• Total voters

Ministry of Pain

Footballguy
Pretty straight forward. If you would like to post the State or area you are located after you vote that would be great. 

Obviously this is because of the current pandemic and the explosion of cases in places in like FL, TX, AZ right now. Do you feel comfortable eating out?

Last edited by a moderator:
Here in MA, eating out at a restaurant these days is literally eating out as in outside, on the patio.  No indoor seating allowed yet.  With this restriction, I have been out to eat in the last week or so...  eating outside at a restaurant, that is.  

No. (Kansas City area)

JPMorgan on Thursday: “Looking across categories of card spending, we find that the level of spending in restaurants three weeks ago was the strongest predictor of the rise in new virus cases over the subsequent three weeks.”

MOP....you miss him when he's gone....and then he comes back
We all want to get to the bottom of things and I feel like this topic needs to be fleshed out a bit. The Cv-19 thread is humming along so nicely, thought maybe some folks would like a spot where they could express their opinions in more detail. I know folks in there want to go off on others for dining out and forcing these numbers to surge by being careless at bars, etc...there is enough to fill up a good 2-3 page food fight over the weekend. 😆

Please don't anybody get themselves in trouble but by gawd if folks want to let it rip on how they feel watching all these folks climb all over each other in the videos that get around on social media...just don't make it personal. I know folks are chomping at the bit, release the hounds! 

No. (Kansas City area)

JPMorgan on Thursday: “Looking across categories of card spending, we find that the level of spending in restaurants three weeks ago was the strongest predictor of the rise in new virus cases over the subsequent three weeks.”
See that's just good information

Went to places and ate outside multiple times when that was the only option. Now they have added eating indoors and do that regularly. But things have really slowed down here (NH) and not many new cases.

Here in MA, eating out at a restaurant these days is literally eating out as in outside, on the patio.  No indoor seating allowed yet.  With this restriction, I have been out to eat in the last week or so...  eating outside at a restaurant, that is.  
Same. 

Near OC, MD for another couple days. Very little to no virus here...for the time being.

Ate out twice the last week. Son's bday, at a spot with outdoor dining and nobody else nearby. No problem with that.

Went to Ruth's Chris the other night with BIL (his choice) and ate inside (they didn't have outdoor). A little more concerning, and not something I'd be doing again, even though the area is phased for dine-in. Not enough people being careful down here.

Going back to NYC in a couple days and likely won't be eating at any restaurants for a while. But were surrounded by good spots, so will just get takeout or delivered food when we go that route 

Went to places and ate outside multiple times when that was the only option. Now they have added eating indoors and do that regularly. But things have really slowed down here (NH) and not many new cases.
How difficult would it be if you had to reverse course 99? That's what has happened here in Florida but I am agreeing with what they are doing, too many young folks testing positive, the lead ages are 25-34 followed by 35-44, 15-24 and finally 45-54...some of it could be from restaurants mandating all their workers get tested which is wise. 

Good for you, I'm leery of eating inside here in Florida, got a taste of it in St Pete last week...sketchy IMO. Easily spreads in the larger cities like Miami, Tampa, Ft Laud, O-Town, etc...although I don't think Jax has had quite as many problems for some reason. 

i’ve been learning to make my favorite meals at home and have no desire to return to a restaurant anytime soon.  pre virus i was already leery of dirty places with unhygienic staff, this doesn’t help the cause.  also, people here don’t seem to care about masks or distancing and people in this country have proven their stupidity.  my wife has an endocrine issue, so why gamble $100 on our health when the return is palpable?

How difficult would it be if you had to reverse course 99? That's what has happened here in Florida but I am agreeing with what they are doing, too many young folks testing positive, the lead ages are 25-34 followed by 35-44, 15-24 and finally 45-54...some of it could be from restaurants mandating all their workers get tested which is wise. 

Good for you, I'm leery of eating inside here in Florida, got a taste of it in St Pete last week...sketchy IMO. Easily spreads in the larger cities like Miami, Tampa, Ft Laud, O-Town, etc...although I don't think Jax has had quite as many problems for some reason. 
If they shut everything down again, so be it. My wife is the one that wants to eat out constantly. I probably liked it more being home a lot then going out to eat. After three months of cooking it was nice to get out, but we are back to eating out a lot (which to me is too costly and not healthy). We never really judges going out to eat by what the restaurant, staff, or dinners did or didn’t do for social distancing. We just waited until the number of hospitalizations dropped to almost nothing. If it spikes up again we collectively would have to revisit what to do should that happen. 

No to all.  We dont eat out much as it is, and i dislike eating outside, so.... 

Most we have done is order delivery 2x since this stuff started.  

Doordash or curbside 2x per week.  All other meals cooked at home.  0 interest in eating at a restaurant inside or out.

I hardly ever eat out.  I'd have no problem doing it in NJ but just not my thing.   I've been doing roughly same amount of take out as before the pandemic hit.   

I went out to eat once 3 weeks ago, my daughter was getting stir crazy and asked. I looked over at my wife, she shrugged her shoulders. The % positives were running just over 1%. My daughter asked last night, I gave a hard no. Positives are coming back at 18%. If the numbers drop I will return. I sadly think it's going to be a while. 

Yes I went out to a pizza place with a bar yesterday, sat inside, had a couple beers with friends and ordered pizza to go. 

Tables were spread out. There were people sitting at the bar but standing at the bar is not allowed. Place was maybe half full.I probably would have turned around and left if it was crowded. 

Idaho had one day at 222 over three months ago. And then mostly 15-20 per day for three months.  Last four days have been 220-280.  Major cause is young people bar hopping, then going back next day to work their server job, and not knowing they are infected until a week later.

A lot of hard work by all for a long time down the ####### drain.

I rarely dined out before shutdown so it's not a huge difference.  We've ordered takeout a few times from neighborhood places we wanted to support but have no plans to go to a restaurant.  I'd probably be overly conscious about my surroundings which would make things less enjoyable.

I love to cook so that's become even more of a highlight of my day.

Ate lunch at a Mexican restaurant today. We were the only customers in the place and it was clear they were sanitizing well. 

My wife has been getting food from our local favorites for months, weekly with her friends. We go out as couples once a month. The few places they go are strictly following the guidance. (I'll admit to not liking their weekly routine, but that's an argument I lost long ago)

based on the answers, how long can restaurants survive locally?  3-6 mos?
0 clue.  I think there have been a couple dine-in only joints around here that have had to shut down.   Others seem to be able to keep afloat by doing carry-out/delivery/drive thru, but who knows how long that will be sustainable.  

Around here, we are still at 50% capacity max with pretty stringent cleaning rules, so even if restaurants are taking the chance and opening, it's still a struggle as they have to have the staff to keep up with the rules of opening.  That is a reason our dining room is still not open even though we technically could be.  

No effing way. We just crushed the daily record in Texas. There's no way in hell in dropping my mask in an enclosed space in a room full of people.

Ate dinner inside at a fast casual restaurant last night.  Outside of Philadelphia.  Don’t plan on doing it much, but all the outside tables were in use and no one was sitting inside.

Went to our condo in Boise last month and went out to eat probably 10 times, both inside and outdoor seating.

NY is opening up for outside seating and we've gone out twice so far, last night to one of our favorite restaurants.

Idaho had one day at 222 over three months ago. And then mostly 15-20 per day for three months.  Last four days have been 220-280.  Major cause is young people bar hopping, then going back next day to work their server job, and not knowing they are infected until a week later.

A lot of hard work by all for a long time down the ####### drain.
We went to Asiago and they took extreme precautions.  The waiter even commented how the bar across the street was packed every night. This was before the alert about the bar hopping group. Not sure how they couldn't crack down on that.Idaho has also increased testing after being last in the nation in total tests. Hopefully the increase is related but it really has been quite a jump.

We went to Asiago and they took extreme precautions.  The waiter even commented how the bar across the street was packed every night. This was before the alert about the bar hopping group. Not sure how they couldn't crack down on that.Idaho has also increased testing after being last in the nation in total tests. Hopefully the increase is related but it really has been quite a jump.
This is why I think hospitalizations is such an important stat to monitor. It isn't affected by number of tests. It's affected by number of people that are seriously ill with COVID.

Well my daughter told me some stories today.  The bar and restaurant employees all go bar hopping after their shifts.  10 employees at her place called in sick today. And that's been going on since you left and growing everyday.

Well my daughter told me some stories today.  The bar and restaurant employees all go bar hopping after their shifts.  10 employees at her place called in sick today. And that's been going on since you left and growing everyday.
What's crazy is that we had to quarantine when we got to Boise last time and this time we might have to quarantine when we go back to NY.

If they shut everything down again, so be it. My wife is the one that wants to eat out constantly. I probably liked it more being home a lot then going out to eat. After three months of cooking it was nice to get out, but we are back to eating out a lot (which to me is too costly and not healthy). We never really judges going out to eat by what the restaurant, staff, or dinners did or didn’t do for social distancing. We just waited until the number of hospitalizations dropped to almost nothing. If it spikes up again we collectively would have to revisit what to do should that happen. 
Awesome!

Last takeout for us was March 6th. Last time eating in a restaurant was a week or two before that.

No takeout until the entire household is comfortable with it. Haven’t got a read when we’ll be ready to do any kind of restaurant dining. Even where it’s reasonably safe, early returns locally seem to indicate that the experience is pretty heavily compromised and thus inferior.

Had lunch outside on the water when the place first opened in Daytona one time in 4+ months bc I had business over there and was starving. Other than that, I think we’ve maybe done takeout less than 10 times total and the occasional bubble tea takeout. Restaurants just went back to 50% and I’m cool not going for the foreseeable future. Been really happy cooking at home. 

Caseload in HI has been low, with a peak less than 50 diagnoses in a day, but most days single digits. We've done take out multiple times, eaten outside a couple times and inside once. This is driven by my wife, as I couldn’t care less if we eat out for the foreseeable future.

That being said, I don’t think the risk is especially high. But I would definitely avoid indoor dining most places in the mainland US. I don’t really drink, but bars seem like an even worse idea.

Users who are viewing this thread