Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Question

My qbs in a SF PPR league are

Wilson, Goff, Lock, Herbert 

This is also 3 WRs and 2 flex are 

Wr Godwin, K Allen, Deebo, Hardman, R. Anderson, H. Butler, J. Reagor

Do I trade Hebert straight up for Jarvis Landry. 

• Thinking 1

23 answers to this question

Posted (edited)

Is this a dynasty league or redraft?  How hard is it to acquire QB's in your league?  Do you think you are a contender this year?

On the surface it seems like an ok deal but with the potential to hurt you long term.  Without knowing the answers to the above it is hard to give a complete answer.

Edited by Gally
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Gally said:

Is this a dynasty league or redraft?  How hard is it to acquire QB's in your league?  Do you think you are a contender this year?

On the surface it seems like an ok deal but with the potential to hurt you long term.  Without knowing the answers to the above it is hard to give a complete answer.

This is a dynasty league first season so I no qbs trades happened yet. I think I am a contender this year. But losing Deebo hurt. My backs are Hunt, Ekeler, Breida, Hines, J. Hill, and Kerryon Johnson. 

What do you think. 

SF PPR 1 qb, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex. 

thanks. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, landau45 said:

This is a dynasty league first season so I no qbs trades happened yet. I think I am a contender this year. But losing Deebo hurt. My backs are Hunt, Ekeler, Breida, Hines, J. Hill, and Kerryon Johnson. 

What do you think. 

thanks. 

You could use RB help but in a PPR you should be serviceable with Hunt and Ekeler.

You will need a WR but I might look for someone with more upside than Landry.  I have never been a big fan even though he has been solid in PPR formats.

Its not a bad trade, I just know typically QB's are very hard to acquire in SF leagues.

• Like 1

Landry is highly underrated. He’s 37 yards short of having five consecutive 1000 yard seasons. That said, you have a likely a top 20 QB before he ever takes the field in a 2 QB league. I think I’d pass. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gally said:

You could use RB help but in a PPR you should be serviceable with Hunt and Ekeler.

You will need a WR but I might look for someone with more upside than Landry.  I have never been a big fan even though he has been solid in PPR formats.

Its not a bad trade, I just know typically QB's are very hard to acquire in SF leagues.

I can see that, but I look at it like he will have a solid ppr flex for the cost of a rookie that may not start at all this year. I like Lock as his super flex. Maybe depending on matchup he can swap out for Goff. Lock has a release and arm most QBs would kill for. 

In an ideal world he can rely on Landry and wait on Hardman to emerge. He would have a deadly line up. I wonder what the rest of his team is like. He might have enough RB talent to not need to acquire Landry. But he hasn’t given us the details. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, landau45 said:

What do you think. 

thanks. 

Sorry, I see now. Yeah you don’t have enough RB. So I like the trade. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blackbear said:

TE?

Te’s are Mark Andrews, Ian Thomas,

Nick Boyle and Adam Trautman. So I should be fine there. 

• Like 2

Thanks for your help. I am going to try and trade Herbert and a 3rd round pick for Landry and either Deejay Dallas or Antonio Gibson. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, landau45 said:

Te’s are Mark Andrews, Ian Thomas,

Nick Boyle and Adam Trautman. So I should be fine there. 

Very good. Probably Boyle is fourth guy IMO. I hope Trautman does well in NO. But problem down there is they have two Hills after Cook at TE. 

• Like 1

Just now, Blackbear said:

Very good. Probably Boyle is fourth guy IMO. I hope Trautman does well in NO. But problem down there is they have two Hills after Cook at TE. 

Just a deep roster and insurance if Andrews goes down. Trautman is on taxi squad so no big deal if he doesn’t do anything for 2 years. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, landau45 said:

Thanks for your help. I am going to try and trade Herbert and a 3rd round pick for Landry and either Deejay Dallas or Antonio Gibson. 

I’d be going AGibson. He might get built into their offense like how McCafferey was in Carolina. I assume Gibson isn’t as talented. But that would be a huge upside! Whereas Dallas probably is 4th on depth chart once Penney is healthy. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Blackbear said:

I’d be going AGibson. He might get built into their offense like how McCafferey was in Carolina. I assume Gibson isn’t as talented. But that would be a huge upside! Whereas Dallas probably is 4th on depth chart once Penney is healthy. 

Thanks  got Gibson. 

• Like 2

I don't think I saw it mentioned in any of the posts, but how many teams in the league? Especially in a superflex, that will have a fairly decent impact on player value. (I know the trade has already been done, and i like getting Gibson in return, was surprised to see no mention of league size in any of the previous responses)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, acarey50 said:

I don't think I saw it mentioned in any of the posts, but how many teams in the league? Especially in a superflex, that will have a fairly decent impact on player value. (I know the trade has already been done, and i like getting Gibson in return, was surprised to see no mention of league size in any of the previous responses)

Looking at his team I think it is a deep league. Probably at least twelve or fourteen.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Blackbear said:

ABrown or DFreeman?

No IR spot and already have Freeman in my bench just in case. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Blackbear said:

Looking at his team I think it is a deep league. Probably at least twelve or fourteen.

12 team 26 man roster and 5 taxi spots. Nobody really available right now. 

• Thinking 1