What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Your favorite 5 songs (1 Viewer)

Funeral For A Friend/Love Lies Bleeding - Elton John

Happy Together - The Turtles

Champagne Supernova - Oasis

Day After Day - Badfinger

Suite Madame Blue - Styx

Waylon Jennings - Are You Sure Hank Done it This Way 

MGMT - Electric Feel

Def Leppard - Rock of Ages 

Prince - Lets Go Crazy 

Bob Seger - Shame on the Moon 

Last edited by a moderator:
Tom Traubert's Blues - Tom Waits

Beyond Belief - Elvis Costello

Superstition - Stevie Wonder

Maybe I'm Amazed - Paul McCartney

A Day in the Life - Beatles

Hidden connection: McCartney links them all as he has recorded with EC, SW, and the Beatles and I'm gonna give him credit (via Monkberry Moon Delight) for inspiring Tom Waits' career - yeah, I know is was Captain Beefheart and Howlin' Wolf but am taking poetic license dammit!)

The Boxer - Simon & Garfunkel

Fooling Yourself - Styx

She Drives Me Crazy - Fine Young Cannibals

Kiss Me  - Sixpence None the Richer

Good Life - OneRepublic

Sister Luck - Black Crowes

No Way Back - Foo Fighters

Wicked Garden - Stone Temple Pilots

War Pigs - Black Sabbath

Seasons - Chris Cornell

Swords and Tequila  - Riot

The Mob Rules - Black Sabbath

Loving You Sunday Morning - Scorpions

Killed By Death - Motorhead

Machine Gun - Jimi Hendrix

“Life By the Drop” - SRV

”Hallowed Be Thy Name” - Iron Maiden

”Shake Your Blood” - Probot

”Decoration Day” - Driveby Truckers

”Black Friday Rule” - Flogging Molly

My five likes a lot of music, strong vocals and lyrics that make sense

Tears of a Clown - Smokey

Brandy - Looking Glass

Doctor My Eyes - Jackson Browne

Son of a Preacher Man

5 - TBD

It’s 5 O’clock Somewhere - Alan Jackson

Five Dollar Fine - Chris Ledoux

5 Months, 2 Weeks, 2 Days - Louis Prima

634-5789 - Wilson Pickett

Jenny (867-5309) - Tommy Tutone
Just missed the cut:

Take 5 - Dave Brubeck

Superman (it's not easy) - five for fighting (presumably because it's a 5 band and not a 5 song)

DaVinci said:
It’s 5 O’clock Somewhere - Alan Jackson

Five Dollar Fine - Chris Ledoux

5 Months, 2 Weeks, 2 Days - Louis Prima

634-5789 - Wilson Pickett

Jenny (867-5309) - Tommy Tutone

Buffaloes said:
Just missed the cut:

Take 5 - Dave Brubeck

Superman (it's not easy) - five for fighting (presumably because it's a 5 band and not a 5 song)
No Dolly Parton? 

Depeche Mode - World In my Eyes

Pink Floyd - Wish you were here

Nine Inch Nails - Head Like a Hole

Dexy's Midnight Runners - Come on Eileen

Alice in Chains - Rooster

I am going to guess none of these are on anybody's list thus far.  They all have a reason I like them but they aren't necessarily great songs:

Black Parade by My Chemical Romance:  This was the song the LA Kings used during their warm up video on the jumbotron for their Cup run in 2012.  I had never heard the song before but it was perfect for how they used it.  Whenever I hear it (which is only when I purposely go find it to play) it brings me back to that stretch run to the Cup.  Just a great memory.

I am Gonna Be (500 miles) by The Proclaimers:  I don't know why but I just enjoy the song.  Puts me in a good mood whenever I hear it.

Cheeseburgers in Paradise by Jimmy Buffet:  Reminds of my college days when we would be sitting out back BBQ-ing cheeseburgers.  We even decided to have a party surrounding it where we made them just like the song.  Great times.

Delaney Talks to Statues by Jimmy Buffet:  My daughter is named Delaney and I had no idea about this song until after she was born.  A friend asked if I had ever heard the song and I had not.  Once I listened it was great.  Just reminds me of my daughter. 

You Can Call Me Al by Paul Simon:  A favorite of my best friend and mine.  Don't know why but it always reminds me of him (no his name is not Al).  Again, just good memories associated with the song.

I have 500 favorite songs, but off the top of my head from recent listening.

Robert Pollard/Doug Guillard - Pop Zeus - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV_utMyR9ec

Dylan - Just Like Tom Thumbs Blues - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doIMYvZyo_k

Guided by Voices - Over the Neptune/Mesh Gear Fox - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiKwdTdoLww

Drive-by Truckers - Shut Up and Get on the Plane - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yytWrGkp7TA

Spiritualized - Stay With Me - https://youtu.be/wk14D6Wkrvs?t=2116

Changes all the time, and depends on my mood, but right now I would say:

Alive - Pearl Jam

Sweet Child o' Mine - Guns N Roses

Hunger Strike - Temple of the Dog

Changes - Tupac

Living Loving Maid - Led Zeppelin

In no particular order:

Cult of Personality (particularly appropriate nowadays)

Enter Sandman (theme if my HS football team and memories of some of my best friends)

Carry On My Wayward Son

Sweet Home Alabama 

Pretty much anything from Queen. Today I'll say Killer Queen.

I am going to guess none of these are on anybody's list thus far.  They all have a reason I like them but they aren't necessarily great songs:

Black Parade by My Chemical Romance:  This was the song the LA Kings used during their warm up video on the jumbotron for their Cup run in 2012.  I had never heard the song before but it was perfect for how they used it.  Whenever I hear it (which is only when I purposely go find it to play) it brings me back to that stretch run to the Cup.  Just a great memory.

I am Gonna Be (500 miles) by The Proclaimers:  I don't know why but I just enjoy the song.  Puts me in a good mood whenever I hear it.

Cheeseburgers in Paradise by Jimmy Buffet:  Reminds of my college days when we would be sitting out back BBQ-ing cheeseburgers.  We even decided to have a party surrounding it where we made them just like the song.  Great times.

Delaney Talks to Statues by Jimmy Buffet:  My daughter is named Delaney and I had no idea about this song until after she was born.  A friend asked if I had ever heard the song and I had not.  Once I listened it was great.  Just reminds me of my daughter. 

You Can Call Me Al by Paul Simon:  A favorite of my best friend and mine.  Don't know why but it always reminds me of him (no his name is not Al).  Again, just good memories associated with the song.
Great stuff. I don't know the Delaney song, but love most of Buffet's stuff

5 songs is very limiting.  I listen to almost all genre... used to see metallica at small venues when they were an opening act. like ska and punk.  listen to a lot of reggae.

fan of jimmy buffett and could have chosen 10 songs from him.  Went to college in San Diego, so Margaritaville is very nostalgic for me with frequent trips to rosa rita and ensenada.

5 songs is very limiting.  I listen to almost all genre... used to see metallica at small venues when they were an opening act. like ska and punk.  listen to a lot of reggae.

fan of jimmy buffett and could have chosen 10 songs from him.  Went to college in San Diego, so Margaritaville is very nostalgic for me with frequent trips to rosa rita and ensenada.
your list was just very pyramid-y for me. i havent been so quickly delighted, then disappointed since i had a sex life...

“Life By the Drop” - SRV

”Hallowed Be Thy Name” - Iron Maiden

”Shake Your Blood” - Probot

”Decoration Day” - Driveby Truckers

”Black Friday Rule” - Flogging Molly
Nice to see a Probot reference.  I love the DRI song on that album.

Users who are viewing this thread