Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Breezy H2O

Tucker Carlson Has Highest-Rated Program In Cable News History

Well, I don't think we should just assume that he was posting without his boss's knowledge or approval.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

7 minutes ago, Joe Summer said:

Well, I don't think we should just assume that he was posting without his boss's knowledge or approval.

Actually I do assume that until I learn otherwise. 

1 hour ago, BladeRunner said:

Or maybe we should go back and look at the rich, racist history of the Democratic Party?  

Personally I would love this. I may start a thread about it. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 7/11/2020 at 10:41 AM, jon_mx said:

She apologized, but still maintained she did not believe she wrote them.   I am not missing the point, I am pointing out the selective outrage and guilt by association which some seem to be applying here.  

It's not selective outrage.  If Joy Reid was posting that stuff right now, she would be out of her job in a heartbeat.

You guys also ignore the elephant in the room - the context of all of this stuff.  If someone wrote some anti-gay posts in 2005 on an internet message board, but since then has become a champion for gay rights, then sure, those posts are ugly and a stain, but it's easy to forgive that person as they have obviously seen the error of their ways and are allies of the community.

By contrast, the GOP has a big racism problem right now, and Tucker Carlson's show has become a platform for white nationalistic views the past couple of years. Then we find out that his lead writer is a racist, like right now - yesterday, today.  And he's contributing to Carlson's racist show.  

The idea that we should apply the same outrage to both of those people is absurd. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 1

20 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Personally I would love this. I may start a thread about it. 

Chapter 9: The 1960s Everything Changes

Chapter 10: Conservatives Pretend Chapter 9 Never Happened

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, tommyGunZ said:

It's not selective outrage.  If Joy Reid was posting that stuff right now, she would be out of her job in a heartbeat.

You guys also ignore the elephant in the room - the context of all of this stuff.  If someone wrote some anti-gay posts in 2005 on an internet message board, but since then has become a champion for gay rights, then sure, those posts are ugly and a stain, but it's easy to forgive that person as they have obviously seen the error of their ways and are allies of the community.

By contrast, the GOP has a big racism problem right now, and Tucker Carlson's show has become a platform for white nationalistic views the past couple of years. Then we find out that his lead writer is a racist, like right now - yesterday, today.  And he's contributing to Carlson's racist show.  

The idea that we should apply the same outrage to both of those people is absurd. 

But that highlights the problem.  Your "forgiveness" is based on her politics.  That is not forgiveness, it's political activism. 

Someone with conservative views would never recieve that "forgiveness", no matter how sincere and heartfelt their change was.  

IMHO, we will never achieve peace between the races until we treat all people equally.  Trying to socially engineer equal outcomes will never satisfy anyone and will create a great divide.  

• Love 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Green Balloons said:

Maybe we can stop feeding the troll that tries to derail every thread with false equivalencies and outright lies.

"Troll": people who disagree with me.

None of what you say is even remotely close to true.  You talk about false equivalencies and lies as if you're not part of the team that's been perpetuating them since November of 2016.  You realize what forum you're in?

Yet when someone resists The FBG Borg they're labeled as trolls, racists, whatever.  Get outta' here with that nonsense.  I suggest people like you who live in glass houses shouldn't be throwing stones and you should be cleaning your own house before you start pointing fingers.

Edited by BladeRunner
  • Laughing 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, tommyGunZ said:

B and S.  These are lies you tell yourself so you don't have to face the truth.

Maybe you should go back and read some history on who the actual racists were and still are (hint:  It wasn't and isn't republicans) instead of trying to rewrite it to not look foolish.

Edited by BladeRunner

58 minutes ago, OrtonToOlsen said:

Chapter 11:  Liberals Rewrite History to Distance Themselves from Their Actual History

41 minutes ago, Joe Summer said:

When will Joy Reid apologize for Tucker Carlson hiring a racist?

We're still waiting for her to apologize for being a racist and homophobic.

56 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

But that highlights the problem.  Your "forgiveness" is based on her politics.  That is not forgiveness, it's political activism. 

Someone with conservative views would never recieve that "forgiveness", no matter how sincere and heartfelt their change was. 

Quite the strawman you got there.

Any comment on Tucker Carlson? That's who the thread is about.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, BladeRunner said:

B and S.  These are lies you tell yourself so you don't have to face the truth.

Maybe you should go back and read some history on who the actual racists were and still are (hint:  It wasn't and isn't republicans) instead of trying to rewrite it to not look foolish.

Ummm...I don't think it's really up for debate at this point that the GOP is struggling with its own racism in the wake of George Floyd and others.

Maybe you don't think the GOP has a problem with racism, but the voters do. And that's a problem for them come November.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

IMHO, we will never achieve peace between the races until we treat all people equally.  Trying to socially engineer equal outcomes will never satisfy anyone and will create a great divide.  

No, my forgiveness is based on her not being bigoted toward gay people anymore, and actually supporting equal rights for that community.  Has nothing to do with politics. 

If Tucker Carlson’s writer sees the error of his ways and spends the next decade leading the fight for social justice, he’ll be forgiven.  Conversely, if he apologies for his actions but then spends the next decade fighting equality, indeed his apology will ring hallow.  Again, nothing to do with politics.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, OrtonToOlsen said:

Not quite accurate. 

54 minutes ago, BladeRunner said:

Chapter 11:  Liberals Rewrite History to Distance Themselves from Their Actual History

Not accurate at all. I should probably do this. 

2 hours ago, Encyclopedia Brown said:

The dude from the Master Race got caught so easily because he posted about his superior intelligence..... from a work computer. 

That doesn't sound smart.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Skoo said:

Ummm...I don't think it's really up for debate at this point that the GOP is struggling with its own racism in the wake of George Floyd and others.

Maybe you don't think the GOP has a problem with racism, but the voters do. And that's a problem for them come November.

Not only is it up for debate, it's a flat out lie.  

Also, I'm 100% positive you don't speak for voters.  Although, you might speak for the residents of the FBG bubble who think what goes on in here is what goes on in the actual world.  I'm here to tell you that you might want to stay in your bubble - the shock would be too much for you to handle.

All I can say is if Trump wins in November, it's going to be epic in here.

Edited by BladeRunner

OMG did you guys know Democrats use to support slavery???!?!?!?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1

5 minutes ago, BladeRunner said:

Not only is it up for debate, it's a flat out lie.  

Also, I'm 100% positive you don't speak for voters.  Although, you might speak for the residents of the FBG bubble who think what goes on in here is what goes on in the actual world.  I'm here to tell you that you might want to stay in your bubble - the shock would be too much for you to handle.

All I can say is if Trump wins in November, it's going to be epic in here.

No, I don't speak for the voters. The voters speak for the voters.

The politics of racial resentment come back to haunt the GOP

Other polls confirm Trump’s crashing support. The latest CNN poll shows Biden up by 14 points with Trump’s approval sinking to 38 percent. Only 31 percent approve of his handling of race relations; 63 percent do not. Two-thirds of those polled say the criminal-justice system treats blacks worse than whites, and a stunning 84 percent find the peaceful protests justified. By a 60 to 36 percent margin Americans oppose use of the military to subdue protests. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Not accurate at all. I should probably do this. 

I think we’re good.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Skoo said:

No, I don't speak for the voters. The voters speak for the voters.

The politics of racial resentment come back to haunt the GOP

Other polls confirm Trump’s crashing support. The latest CNN poll shows Biden up by 14 points with Trump’s approval sinking to 38 percent. Only 31 percent approve of his handling of race relations; 63 percent do not. Two-thirds of those polled say the criminal-justice system treats blacks worse than whites, and a stunning 84 percent find the peaceful protests justified. By a 60 to 36 percent margin Americans oppose use of the military to subdue protests. 

Yeah, polls are great.  Remember when they said Hillary would crush it?  Yeah, me too.  Good times.

You'll have to forgive me if I don't take polling very seriously.  Also, WAPO?  Really?  That's just the printing arm of the DNC.

Edited by BladeRunner

4 minutes ago, BladeRunner said:

Yeah, polls are great.  Remember when they said Hillary would crush it?  Yeah, me too.  Good times.

You'll have to forgive me if I don't take polling very seriously.  Also, WAPO?  Really?  That's just the printing arm of the DNC.

You are of course free to ingore the facts if you like.

Hasn't worked too well with COVID, however.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Skoo said:

You are of course free to ingore the facts if you like.

Hasn't worked too well with COVID, however.

Well, that's the problem.  We can't even agree what "facts" are.  You seem to think they come from WAPO, NYTimes and other heavily biased sites.

I don't.  I would just say this: start looking at other sources other than your biased ones.  Go look for some that challenge your world view.  I think once you start to get into it you'll realize how the media is feeding you a narrative based on what THEY want, not the facts.  It's eye opening once you see it.  Kind of like a hitter in baseball when the light finally goes on and the ball slows down and he just gets it.

• Laughing 2

1 hour ago, BladeRunner said:

Well, that's the problem.  We can't even agree what "facts" are.  You seem to think they come from WAPO, NYTimes and other heavily biased sites.

I don't.  I would just say this: start looking at other sources other than your biased ones.  Go look for some that challenge your world view.  I think once you start to get into it you'll realize how the media is feeding you a narrative based on what THEY want, not the facts.  It's eye opening once you see it.  Kind of like a hitter in baseball when the light finally goes on and the ball slows down and he just gets it.

Funny, the rest of the world didn't seem to have a problem agreeing what the facts are related to COVID.

But I agree, it's definitely a problem here.

And that's why 130,000 Americans are dead. Because we ignored the facts.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Skoo said:

Funny, the rest of the world didn't seem to have a problem agreeing what the facts are related to COVID.

But I agree, it's definitely a problem here.

And that's why 130,000 Americans are dead. Because we ignored the facts.

I disagree.

• Laughing 1

4 hours ago, tommyGunZ said:

No, my forgiveness is based on her not being bigoted toward gay people anymore, and actually supporting equal rights for that community.  Has nothing to do with politics. 

If Tucker Carlson’s writer sees the error of his ways and spends the next decade leading the fight for social justice, he’ll be forgiven.  Conversely, if he apologies for his actions but then spends the next decade fighting equality, indeed his apology will ring hallow.  Again, nothing to do with politics.

What you call social justice, i call bigotry.  

47 minutes ago, BladeRunner said:

I disagree.

When it comes to COVID, the GOP is acting like flat-Earthers.  

I get having difference of opinions of how to handle it, state/federal, etc..  I could forsee that getting political.  However, when after 4 months we still have people talking like it's just another virus, claiming masks infringe on rights, POTUS retweeting crap about it being a Dem hoax - I lack the words to describe how they are behaving on a global scale.  No, I don't lack the words, I just know they would get me banned.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

GB Tucker is going on a "long planned trout fishing vacation." Fox speak for "we sent the family dog to a beautiful farm upstate."

• Sad 1

Don't worry, I'm sure Tucker will return to the air just as soon as he can find a new head writer who can replace the unique skillset that Neff brought to the team.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

Posted (edited)
On 7/8/2020 at 6:45 PM, Ilov80s said:

These decisions are being made by the State Govt and local school districts (as they should) and not unions. It has nothing to do with that.

@Ilov80s would you like to retract your statement?  https://www.kusi.com/a-los-angeles-teachers-union-says-public-schools-should-not-reopen-unless-their-demands-are-met/  

some of their demands:  

Their demands include implementing a moratorium on private schools, defunding the police, increasing taxes on the wealthy, implementing Medicare for all, and passing the HEROES Act, which allocated and additional $116 billion in federal education funding to the states.

pathetic, disgusting, filthy union.  What do any of these demands have to do with COVID?  But you keep on voting democrat and union  

Edited by boots11234
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, boots11234 said:

@Ilov80s would you like to retract your statement?  https://www.kusi.com/a-los-angeles-teachers-union-says-public-schools-should-not-reopen-unless-their-demands-are-met/  

some of their demands:  

Their demands include implementing a moratorium on private schools, defunding the police, increasing taxes on the wealthy, implementing Medicare for all, and passing the HEROES Act, which allocated and additional $116 billion in federal education funding to the states.

pathetic, disgusting, filthy union.  What do any of these demands have to do with COVID?  But you keep on voting democrat and union  

They can make demands but that doesn’t mean the district has to listen to them. Now if they strike, that’s another thing all together. I don’t support what I’ve seen from some of the unions in large cities. It’s not at all how things operate in most districts. 

• Like 1

On 7/14/2020 at 10:44 AM, roadkill1292 said:

GB Tucker is going on a "long planned trout fishing vacation." Fox speak for "we sent the family dog to a beautiful farm upstate."

So sad. Reminds me too much of Old Yeller.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, boots11234 said:

some of their demands:  

Those are called negotiation tactics. 

That's capitalism. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Ilov80s said:

They can make demands but that doesn’t mean the district has to listen to them. Now if they strike, that’s another thing all together. I don’t support what I’ve seen from some of the unions in large cities. It’s not at all how things operate in most districts. 

Also...it wasn't a moratorium on private schools...but Charter schools...and from what Im reading (when you step away from the right wing sights reporting on this) is only the "defund the police" parts are newer demands.  These are things they have pushed for to fund education for quite a while it seems.

Just now, sho nuff said:

Also...it wasn't a moratorium on private schools...but Charter schools...and from what Im reading (when you step away from the right wing sights reporting on this) is only the "defund the police" parts are newer demands.  These are things they have pushed for to fund education for quite a while it seems.

Right. It’s certainly extreme (IMO) but it’s not tied in to their unwillingness to teach live classes in the fall. That’s a deliberate misconception. 

3 hours ago, Endowed said:

Those are called negotiation tactics. 

That's capitalism. 

So they are not going to school because of COVID but in order for them to go back the unions want those demands met. Please telll me what those demands have to do with Covid?  I don’t see any requests for masks or Kleenex. But go ahead and keep defending them.  

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, boots11234 said:

So they are not going to school because of COVID but in order for them to go back the unions want those demands met. Please telll me what those demands have to do with Covid?  I don’t see any requests for masks or Kleenex. But go ahead and keep defending them.  

Them "getting back" doesnt have to have anything to do with covid. This is a negotiation tactic.

*Just think about the list given in Die Hard by Hanz. Then you'll get it.

Edited by Endowed

1 hour ago, Maurile Tremblay said:

As a general rule, if a person wants to claim that some contemplated act is probably illegal, he should identify the law it's supposed to violate.

Pot v. Kettle settled this. 

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

14 hours ago, Green Balloons said:

Pot v. Kettle settled this. 

Well if the Pot is looking to call someone black,  he better hope he's not surrounded by Republicans.

• Like 1

Watching a little of his show tonight.  Wow, Tucker really hates college and the FAANG companies.    

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, beef said:

Watching a little of his show tonight.  Wow, Tucker really hates college and the FAANG companies.    

His fake anti-elitism even though he is the textbook definition of an elite. 

Anything to make a buck.

Edited by whoknew

Posted (edited)

Take him off the air. Far worse than his usual sly race theory crap.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006
  • Like 1