What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Here’s the thing about political correctness issues: (1 Viewer)

timschochet

Footballguy
This is true for the statues, for the Washington Redskins, for Woodrow Wilson, for everything that is being discussed today: 

Political correctness always eventually wins. Always. No matter what. Once the groundswell to change something starts, it always happens. Sometimes it takes a long long time. People drag their heels. Sometimes the naysayers get a temporary victory and it looks like they’ve stopped it for now. But those victories are always temporary. They don’t last. 

If you are opposed to an question of political correctness that has a groundswell of support, you’re going to lose. 

This is true for the statues, for the Washington Redskins, for Woodrow Wilson, for everything that is being discussed today: 

Political correctness always eventually wins. Always. No matter what. Once the groundswell to change something starts, it always happens. Sometimes it takes a long long time. People drag their heels. Sometimes the naysayers get a temporary victory and it looks like they’ve stopped it for now. But those victories are always temporary. They don’t last. 

If you are opposed to an question of political correctness that has a groundswell of support, you’re going to lose. 
Funny, aren’t you the guy that told me the American flag would never be retired due to PC?

So, you lose.

There’s no large groundswell for that and never will be. 
lol...did you actually read what you wrote.

timschochet, 15 minutes ago:  Political correctness always eventually wins. Always. No matter what.

Colin Kaepernick, heard of him?

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color," Kaepernick told NFL Media in an exclusive interview after the game. "To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder."

timschochet, 15 minutes ago:  Political correctness always eventually wins. Always. No matter what.

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color," Kaepernick told NFL Media in an exclusive interview after the game. "To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder."
Right after I wrote that I added a caveat: groundswell movement. Obviously there are tons of extreme ideas out there, and the majority of them lead nowhere. But if there is a groundswell movement it’s going to win. 

If you need me to edit the OP further to explain it more clearly I will. But I think most people understood what I meant. Actually I think you did too. 

Kaepernick is one of the worst people on this earth. He is actually a bigger racist than people he calls racist, along with that girlfriend of his.

Right after I wrote that I added a caveat: groundswell movement. Obviously there are tons of extreme ideas out there, and the majority of them lead nowhere. But if there is a groundswell movement it’s going to win. 

If you need me to edit the OP further to explain it more clearly I will. But I think most people understood what I meant. Actually I think you did too. 
You don't need to edit it I would take your intent as stated.

I think what you are missing is that you are dismissing the retirement of the US flag as "extreme"...simply because you don't agree with it...it has more support than you believe.  Even if it has "little" support, you stressed several times in your original post "Always" and "No matter what", which I think is correct and reinforces that all ideas start with a smaller base of support but that PC is corrosive and grows....and wins.

You started a thread making a bold statement that seemed worth discussing.  One of your own sacred symbols under PC attack was brought up.  And now you're walking back your bold statement.

How many followers does Colin Kaepernick have?  How many millions of people have to agree with something to meet the timschochet PC support test?

Last edited by a moderator:
You don't need to edit it I would take your intent as stated.

I think what you are missing is that you are dismissing the retirement of the US flag as "extreme"...simply because you don't agree with it...it has more support than you believe.  Even if it has "little" support, you stressed several times in your original post "Always" and "No matter what", which I think is correct and reinforces that all ideas start with a smaller base of support but that PC is corrosive and grows....and wins.

How many followers does Colin Kaepernick have?  How many millions of people have to agree with something to meet the timschochet PC support test?
First off, I’m not sure that, based on your quote, that Kaepernick is in favor of retiring the flag. That’s not clear to me. I’ve heard him say he loves the United States and does not intend any disrespect, etc. And other contradictory remarks. I don’t think he’s a very smart guy and wouldn’t rely on him to lead a movement or anything else. He’s been made a hero by some because of something he chose to do, and that’s fine, but he’s not a purveyor of ideas. 

To your point: I can’t define what comprises a groundswell of support, but you’re talking about numerous articles plus influential leaders calling for it plus large protests. None of that applies to retiring the flag. None of it ever will. But yeah if it did, eventually the flag would be retired. It happened in South Africa, because the flag and national anthem meant Apartheid. So now they’re gone. It won’t happen here. 

First off, I’m not sure that, based on your quote, that Kaepernick is in favor of retiring the flag. That’s not clear to me. I’ve heard him say he loves the United States and does not intend any disrespect, etc. And other contradictory remarks. I don’t think he’s a very smart guy and wouldn’t rely on him to lead a movement or anything else. He’s been made a hero by some because of something he chose to do, and that’s fine, but he’s not a purveyor of ideas. 

To your point: I can’t define what comprises a groundswell of support, but you’re talking about numerous articles plus influential leaders calling for it plus large protests. None of that applies to retiring the flag. None of it ever will. But yeah if it did, eventually the flag would be retired. It happened in South Africa, because the flag and national anthem meant Apartheid. So now they’re gone. It won’t happen here. 
Loves the US?  No disrespect?  Here's his latest tweet.  July 4th

You say he's not a smart guy...how smart are the people tearing down and defacing the monuments?  Again, just because you think he's stupid or a hero by "some" doesn't mean he is not.  2.3M followers on twitter.  Thats a big some.

On your last paragraph, you're talking in absolutes about something that is incredibly fluid.  You are much more certain that you should be.  Again, that seems to be the point of your topic here, that PC finds a crack and wins...I'm supporting it.

We had a Democrat Senator go on CNN this morning and actually say she would listen to arguments about removing statues of George Washington. If you don’t think the American flag is on the Democrat chopping block down the road here you're not paying attention.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2020/07/05/sen_tammy_duckworth_listen_to_the_argument_for_removing_statues_of_george_washington.html
The evidence is all there for them to see, but they refuse to look. 

We had a Democrat Senator go on CNN this morning and actually say she would listen to arguments about removing statues of George Washington. If you don’t think the American flag is on the Democrat chopping block down the road here you're not paying attention.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2020/07/05/sen_tammy_duckworth_listen_to_the_argument_for_removing_statues_of_george_washington.html
So you think because Democrat says that, it somehow equates to 1/2 the country wanting it? 

LOL.  But somehow you and wildbill seem to know exactly what 1/2 the nation wants and thinks.  
Uhm...yeah.  That goes without saying.  :)

I mean, from the short time I've been here you guys have been wrong on just about everything regarding Trump.  

So this thread is about things that lose and lose and lose for years and then finally declare themselves winners when something changes?   Should be an interested read.

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color," Kaepernick told NFL Media
So I guess your interpretation of that statement is that it is easier to change flags instead of trying to stop oppression of black people and people of color? Seeing as how the main argument in this thread is about the flag and not actually dealing with the other stuff.

So I guess your interpretation of that statement is that it is easier to change flags instead of trying to stop oppression of black people and people of color?
I don’t even know what you’re attempting to say other than avoid a direct discussion

changing a flag is easy

trying to stop oppression is easy, particularly since you included no parameters

stopping “oppression” across a 300M population is impossible

Changing the flag isn’t going to do anything. There’s nothing about the flag that needs to change.
So you support our national symbols that to part of our population symbolize their oppression and their ancestors enslavement?

I agree with the basic premise of this post.  As does the Roman Empire.  Thank goodness we are ridding the country of statues of Ulysses S. Grant, Catholic saints, SRV, and founding fathers.  You will be on the right side of history.  Not American history of course; whatever we devolve into. 👍

Hey, I've always been open to conversation with anyone.  You're the one who comes flying in, does drive-by personal post when I bust your arguments and then acts all incredulous.

You're reaching Sho levels here.  It appears your more interested in getting likes than actually trying to have a healthy, civil debate.

I'm willing, open and ready when you are.  We can do this. Don't be a Sho.

Hey, I've always been open to conversation with anyone.  You're the one who comes flying in, does drive-by personal post when I bust your arguments and then acts all incredulous.

You're reaching Sho levels here.  It appears your more interested in getting likes than actually trying to have a healthy, civil debate.

Nothing about this post is anything other than bogus claims and trolling.  nothing about it is civil.  Keep my name out of your posts

Lol you make it personal everytime and everytime someone says something you don't like your go to is "get outta here with that" or "you aren't open to other peoples opinions" 

But hey keep thinking you are the good guy with all the answers. That is why you are back here under a new name after being banned. 

Good luck to you. 

Lol you make it personal everytime and everytime someone says something you don't like your go to is "get outta here with that" or "you aren't open to other peoples opinions" 

But hey keep thinking you are the good guy with all the answers. That is why you are back here under a new name after being banned. 

Good luck to you. 
Okay, Sho.  Good luck to you too.

Users who are viewing this thread