What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Return of the Desert Island Jukebox Draft - Drop in a quarter (2 Viewers)

My theme will be

"If the Acid Tests Never Stopped"

Or

"If England had Won the Revolutionary War"

Maybe...

Last edited by a moderator:
A friend of mine frequented a bar in Baltimore that had a CD jukebox. One of the CDs in it was Phish’s A Live One. When the bar was getting too crowded for his liking, my friend would select Tweezer, which is 35 minutes long, to clear some people out.
We do something similar that we call "The Frankie Teardrop Treatment."  Frankie Teardrop isn't as long as that one (about 11 minutes), but it's mostly silence and screaming, so usually does the trick, particularly when combined with another 10+-minute song like Marquee Moon.

Last edited by a moderator:
A friend of mine frequented a bar in Baltimore that had a CD jukebox. One of the CDs in it was Phish’s A Live One. When the bar was getting too crowded for his liking, my friend would select Tweezer, which is 35 minutes long, to clear some people out.
We do something similar that we call "The Frankie Teardrop Treatment."  Frankie Teardrop isn't as long as that one (about 11 minutes), but it's mostly silence and screaming, so usually does the trick, particularly when combined with another 10+-minute song like Marquee Moon.
Your Seeburg 100R doesn't play CDs

let's do a "the most pretentiousness" contest.

we've got a couple of John Wooden trophy winners around here ...it's no contest.

I'll probably do local theme too (not Chicago...) but not limiting to a specific narrow area yet in case I want to go wide.

Any idea when this will start?  I don't mean that as a nudge, but as a sincere question because I will need to map out my plan and want to know when I should start doing that.  :bag:  

I've been working on my own jukebox... or playlist at least for a weekend at the cottage with a bunch of beer drinking buddies. 

Basically we have a 90s grunge guy, a 00s indie/folk guy, a heavy metal/hard rock guy, a 90s pop/rock, alt country guy, a modern hip hop r&b guy and a guy who likes a bit of everything but is older and so skews 80s/90s. 

So far I'm at a 10 hour playlist that is a combination of cottage favourites (Tom Petty, Tragically Hip) grunge hits, poprock (collective soul, counting Crows), big rock songs from the last 20 years (MGMT, Portugal the Man), folk/soul inspired newer acts (Nathaniel Rateliff, Jason Isbell etc..), all mixed in with bands I like that blend well (Spoon, Hold Steady, Kings of Leon.

I've probably put way too much thought into this, constantly adding, moving and dropping songs and we're still two weekends away. Does anyone else do this?

And the modern r&b guy is getting left out in the cold aside from a couple of the big new songs by The Weeknd and Billie Eilish. 

Users who are viewing this thread