What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Return of the Desert Island Jukebox Draft - Drop in a quarter (8 Viewers)

I'm just waiting for someone to tell you the free rolls had to be taken before the next free roll came up.
Well John Mayer is waiting on the world to change, but I'm not holding my breath.

CARDI B TO THE WHITE COURTESY PHONE PLEASE

* nobody is supposed to get any of this, this is all free flow.

well halleujah ...I no longer have to take responsibility for this POS

well, here's another POS from that general time frame

did everyone get sick of hearing this fantasy football commercial jingle that was once a ####ty single that your ####in' gramma liked???

the commercial was fun ...FOR THE FIRST SEVERAL HUNDRED TIMES!!!!!

43.03: Bad Day - Daniel Powter

word is that his sister was the burr-headed workout infomercial queen in the 80s (you have to pretty old to remember this)

AND DON'T EVEN TELL ME THIS FOOKIN' GUY HAD ANOTHER HIT ...I didn't look, but I can't imagine he did
Sometimes the best hooks are in the worst crap

Btw, I'm feeling the "pickings are slim" vibe.  I have tons of options for Beatles collaborations, but other than that Eric Clapton pick (which I liked because of BB King), I'm dedicated only to taking something I love, and I only have a couple remaining plus the free roll.  Feel like I need to keep digging or just give in to the theme and whatever the ####.
The goal is in sight.

I mean, there could be others.  I noticed these but didn't mention because I'm not a draftcop.  But since you questioned my post, there ya go.

On the positive side, I'm ordering and re-ordering my George songs tonight.  It's early, but i think you'll be happy with how many songs of his we'll discuss and how high they are ranked.
I will not object if you include every single non-jam-disc song from All Things Must Pass. 

Last edited by a moderator:
In retrospect, the use it or lose it aspect of the free plays wasn't really necessary.  It doesn't add anything to the format. 

I'm happy overall with how the free plays kept the draft a little more interesting in the dog days.  It created runs on the bonus years and offered a potential out for people stuck in their gimmicks. 

Besides, dice are fun.  I promise more of them if we ever do this again.

In retrospect, the use it or lose it aspect of the free plays wasn't really necessary.  It doesn't add anything to the format. 

I'm happy overall with how the free plays kept the draft a little more interesting in the dog days.  It created runs on the bonus years and offered a potential out for people stuck in their gimmicks. 

Besides, dice are fun.  I promise more of them if we ever do this again.
Love the dice, love the freeplays, agree the use-it-or-lose-it made things unnecessarily confusing.

Apparently.

Once again, I have stumbled into a twofer pick that I didn't even know existed. My pick is my favorite song from a legendary album whose driving folk-rock beat at the beginning and electric freakout at the end makes it perfect for my theme. I had no idea until yesterday that it was the B-side to the band's most famous song, so of course I'll take that too. Gotta love it.

Round 44: Love -- A House Is Not a Motel

Year: 1967

Album: Forever Changes

Flip side: Alone Again Or

I just realized going through the spreadsheet and adding songs to spotify I skipped my 33 round pick.

33.Clap your hands now

Gregory Porter - Liquid Spirit (Claptone Remix)

Clubbing days were a thing of the past when this thing came out, but this is like an old 4/4 house tune with a deep soul voice. fits well with the rest of the jukebox.
Whoa...now, that...THAT was cool. House isn't usually my thing, but - that was.

Users who are viewing this thread