What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Proper time to mow lawn on Sunday morning? (1 Viewer)

Gawain

Footballguy
Suburban community, lots between .25 and .5 an acre. What time is socially acceptable to fire up the lawn mower?

I've never done before 8. Here in AZ I wouldn't say much if 7ish during summer.

Many brushless mowers you can barely hear them.

I would say 9am.

A good benchmark is to check local noise ordinance (construction noise, for example). Certainly not before then and I'd say add an hour.

Last edited by a moderator:
The heat index is why I'd start around 9am in the summer, when owned a house a few years ago. The lot was 60 by 120, so the mowing didn't take long. Mostly on Saturday, but sometimes on Sunday. Some neighbors went to temple on Saturday, which was their day of rest.

The neighbors never complained. The backyard 12 foot focus hedge was a chore.

10 AM seems about right for my neighborhood. As Leroy mentioned I've mowed as early as 7 AM after a neighbor's loud party.  :D  

I have a battery powered mower now so could probably go earlier, but usually mow between 7-8 PM.

Sunrise, so 5:44

In all honesty, 8 is about right. Kids are usually awake by then. And it hasn't gotten too hot.

Usual routine - After 8 means I've gotten a decent ride or run in and I'm already sweaty. I'll eat something and start edging / weed eating. This isn't too loud. My kids will usually mow in the afternoon or evening.

A good benchmark is to check local noise ordinance (construction noise, for example). Certainly not before then and I'd say add an hour.
This is a good point.

For us, construction is allowed between the hours of 7am-7pm M-sat. 10-7 Sunday. 

Well, if no one lives nearby or it gets 90 degrees by 9am feel free to do it earlier. Our lot is like 50 x 110 so it only takes 10 minutes to do anyway.

Well, if no one lives nearby or it gets 90 degrees by 9am feel free to do it earlier. Our lot is like 50 x 110 so it only takes 10 minutes to do anyway.
The factors of how close you are to neighbors and weather definitely matter. I wouldn't do it before 10 AM but I wouldn't fault anyone who was mowing at 8 or 9 either. Luckily, I don't have any early mowers and most seem to be evening mowers like myself. 

.   Unpack 1b please.
Even if the tide play earlier, lots of people watch the prime time / evening games. Those often don't get over until after 10pm. Not to mention leaving the bar or your buddy's house, can make for a late Saturday night.

But, mostly it's the Bible belt.

The factors of how close you are to neighbors and weather definitely matter. I wouldn't do it before 10 AM but I wouldn't fault anyone who was mowing at 8 or 9 either. Luckily, I don't have any early mowers and most seem to be evening mowers like myself. 
Right when the sun starts falling behind the house is the perfect time to mow. 

In the summer as early as you want is fine by me. My neighbor is old and has very fair skin, he was done mowing before I got up yesterday around 8:30. It doesn’t wake me up, maybe I’d feel different if it did but I doubt it. I don’t think it’s inconsiderate of him to do it that early. 

8am is fine. It's too hot in Texas to wait until later and I'm already up so I don't care if a neighbor is mowing their lawn. 

I would say like 9 (8 if it's gonna be 90+ degrees later), but in my case 7am would be fine.  Both my closest neighbors are early riders.   Neighbors 2 houses over or across the street don't factor in for me.  

Wheres the snowblower thread where people say it's unacceptable to do at 6am to be able to get out of the driveway to get to work?  That was a fun thread.

Users who are viewing this thread