What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Beta Test Help Please - New Rate My Team (1 Viewer)

Joe Bryant

Guide
Staff member
Hi Folks,

Could I please ask for your help here?

We are beta testing a new version of our Rate My Team.

You can see it here. https://ratemyteam.footballguys.com

We know for sure there are things that are glitchy or might not work or most importantly, might not be clear on how to use.

We haven't yet styled the email and words that will be generated after you submit the teams so it won't look right this minute. Hope to have that dialed in today. 

At this point, please don't worry about if you disagree with the results. That's fine tuning. For now, I just want to be able to see if people can use it.

Please post here how it goes and be as detailed as possible on what you're seeing or having trouble with. 

Thanks a ton. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Just looked at it for a couple minutes. I was using my data, not wifi, so that could be the issue but after I put my team in, it said generating results for about 3 minutes and I got nothing but it still loading. Happened twice. Could have been the data though just not working fast enough.

Is there a way to distinguish between if it's dynasty or Redraft? Or is it Redraft only? If I'm in win now mode or rebuilding?

Love the idea of this though!

Using desktop with Windows 10. Was able to set up my league settings and enter my team fine - no delays or glitches in that part. It loaded quickly once I finished entering my team. The output is weird, here is what I got, exactly how it appears. Very hard to read and interpret. 

Michael Thomas should serve as a very solid 1st Running Back, Wide Receiver, and Tight End; he's a likely flex starter. Likewise, Travis Kelce should be excellent at RB/WR/TE2 --- also probably a frequent flex contributor. Tough to do better than Aaron Jones at RB/WR/TE3 (another likely flex starter). D.J. Moore will also be among the best RB/WR/TE4s in the league; he'll contribute as a flex as well. Tough to do better than Keenan Allen at RB/WR/TE5; he'll contribute as a flex as well. JuJu Smith-Schuster is also a very nice RB/WR/TE6. We love Preston Williams as a 7th Running Back, Wide Receiver, and Tight End. Austin Hooper is also a very nice RB/WR/TE8. Corey Davis looks great as a 9th Running Back, Wide Receiver, and Tight End. Gerald Everett will also be among the best RB/WR/TE10s in the league. Justin Jackson looks great as a 11th Running Back, Wide Receiver, and Tight End. Jace Sternberger is also a very nice RB/WR/TE12. We love Jerick McKinnon as a 13th Running Back, Wide Receiver, and Tight End. Likewise, Damien Harris should be excellent at RB/WR/TE14. Malcolm Brown looks great as a 15th Running Back, Wide Receiver, and Tight End. Trent Taylor is also a very nice RB/WR/TE16.

I used the prior version of RMT and never had any issues that I can recall.

Using desktop with Windows 10. Was able to set up my league settings and enter my team fine - no delays or glitches in that part. It loaded quickly once I finished entering my team. The output is weird, here is what I got, exactly how it appears. Very hard to read and interpret. 

Michael Thomas should serve as a very solid 1st Running Back, Wide Receiver, and Tight End; he's a likely flex starter. Likewise, Travis Kelce should be excellent at RB/WR/TE2 --- also probably a frequent flex contributor. Tough to do better than Aaron Jones at RB/WR/TE3 (another likely flex starter). D.J. Moore will also be among the best RB/WR/TE4s in the league; he'll contribute as a flex as well. Tough to do better than Keenan Allen at RB/WR/TE5; he'll contribute as a flex as well. JuJu Smith-Schuster is also a very nice RB/WR/TE6. We love Preston Williams as a 7th Running Back, Wide Receiver, and Tight End. Austin Hooper is also a very nice RB/WR/TE8. Corey Davis looks great as a 9th Running Back, Wide Receiver, and Tight End. Gerald Everett will also be among the best RB/WR/TE10s in the league. Justin Jackson looks great as a 11th Running Back, Wide Receiver, and Tight End. Jace Sternberger is also a very nice RB/WR/TE12. We love Jerick McKinnon as a 13th Running Back, Wide Receiver, and Tight End. Likewise, Damien Harris should be excellent at RB/WR/TE14. Malcolm Brown looks great as a 15th Running Back, Wide Receiver, and Tight End. Trent Taylor is also a very nice RB/WR/TE16.

I used the prior version of RMT and never had any issues that I can recall.
Thanks. I should have said that upfront. 

We haven't yet styled the email that will be generated so it won't look right this minute. Hope to have that dialed in today. 

Mainly at this point, we need to make sure you can enter teams and more importantly, it seemed clear on what you are supposed to do to get started. Thanks. 

Thanks. I should have said that upfront. 

We haven't yet styled the email that will be generated so it won't look right this minute. Hope to have that dialed in today. 

Mainly at this point, we need to make sure you can enter teams and more importantly, it seemed clear on what you are supposed to do to get started. Thanks. 
I tried it a second time. Again, was able to set up my league settings and enter my team fine - no delays or glitches in that part. This time though, once I was done entering my team, it just went to a screen that said "Generating Your Report" and it just spun - I let it go for 10 mins and then closed it.

I tried it a second time. Again, was able to set up my league settings and enter my team fine - no delays or glitches in that part. This time though, once I was done entering my team, it just went to a screen that said "Generating Your Report" and it just spun - I let it go for 10 mins and then closed it.
can you let me know what inputs you're putting in for this? If you can get a report to generate and share the link with me, that would do it for sure - thanks. I'm assuming you're using wifi here? Thanks!

Just made up a team to try it out, worked with no issues, took maybe 5 seconds to load the results page. Is it going to be broken up by different writers projections once it is finalized, or just with the average? Not that it matters at all, just fishing for the highest rating. Also, is there a way to have the projected points per week be based on a projected starting lineup (or is it already?), or is it too much computing or programming effort to require it to also figure out a starting lineup? I figure the points/week for each player must be in some database somewhere to generate a graph, I assumed it was using the whole roster because it has me averaging 150-160 points/week. 

Hi Folks,

We know for sure there are things that are glitchy or might not work or most importantly, might not be clear on how to use.

We haven't yet styled the email and words that will be generated after you submit the teams so it won't look right this minute. Hope to have that dialed in today. 

At this point, please don't worry about if you disagree with the results. That's fine tuning. For now, I just want to be able to see if people can use it.

Please post here how it goes and be as detailed as possible on what you're seeing or having trouble with. 

Thanks a ton. 
It worked fine for me. Great tool.

it just needs be a bit more honest and say how my team is gonna beat the brakes off my league. 🤣

can you let me know what inputs you're putting in for this? If you can get a report to generate and share the link with me, that would do it for sure - thanks. I'm assuming you're using wifi here? Thanks!
Tried it a 3rd time. Just using the default inputs (same as I used the 2nd time when it didn't load). This time it loaded quickly again.

Not using wi-fi, network desktop. 

The old one allowed for TE premium and this one does not

with wifi did not generate

our league starts 2 PK to give a little value and not intuitive to that. Minor complaint

Windows 10 on Firefox, the arrow buttons (up/down) to the right of the positional count renders twice for each position. one set is the nice GUI arrows, the other set looks like a standard embedded one that you intended to hide. on Chrome only the GUI ones show up, so it's only on Firefox.

Otherwise i was able to set it up and type in my roster and get a result back with no issues.

Tried the same on Android phone using Chrome and all screens look good and functionality worked the same as the computer. Email format could use some prettying up, but i know that's not part of this test. I see that the Free Agent list is a "guess" based on I assume number of teams, starting roster, and FBG rankings. I like it, good feature from what I can see so far.

I just opened and loaded my roster composition and players. It apparently added an extra player (Darius Jackson, who it later advised wouldn't be a good 8th WR because he is out of the league) and otherwise perfectly listed and rated the 25 players on my team plus Jackson. When I deleted Jackson, it said I had too few players for my league (which is wrong and I never was asked or entered a number for players for my league roster size, which is 25) and asked if I wanted it to generate results anyway. When I click 'Yes' it just spun, unable to calculate a result. I added back in another random player not on my team (Parris Campbell) and it recalculated accurately. I am a little bit sad that it does not recognize that I am a member and there is no way now to save the results, meaning I am going to have to re-enter everything if I want more timely results in September. Other than the glitch on roster size, it seems to work well, and is a major upgrade in ease of use and appearance from the older version. Since I got an A+, I applaud it's analytic capabilities.

I tried it on my android in a chrome browser and it worked fine. The pluses and minuses were kind of hyper. As I scrolled up and down I accidentally hit the + and - signs. 

"We don't consider Fant a viable starter" seems harsh. Lol just kidding. Seriously, though, even though you said the analysis part was fine tuning and we shouldn't worry about that now, aside from the Fant comment I thought the responses at least made sense and correlated to the actual guys I input. So it sounds like maybe you are doing some of that fine tuning already?

I didn’t get an email, but the web version is pretty cool. I like the spider web display of strength  by position. Great to see my main team is near the edge at each category

No problems entering data or receiving an output on a mobile version using wifi

On a side note... things that made me laugh...

Is Deejay Dallas really a liability as a rb8? Kind of funny. 

Suggesting to add a bit more depth at a WR to a group that would rival most WR groups is funny to read, but I guess when I have a “somewhat weak” WR13 like ESB I see maybe can see the point. But my WR6 is a WR2 on most teams. 

Not bashing the process, just gave me a laugh. 

Overall this is a pretty cool feature. You should integrate it into the Lineup Dominator so you can actually offer real FAs in that league as people to sign. 

This is obviously a redraft tool (which is why I got those odd comments I pointed out abov), but, like much many of your tools, it would be great if this was able to be used in dynasty too.

Catbird said:
I just opened and loaded my roster composition and players. It apparently added an extra player (Darius Jackson, who it later advised wouldn't be a good 8th WR because he is out of the league) and otherwise perfectly listed and rated the 25 players on my team plus Jackson. 
Can you let me know what inputs and settings you were using? Thanks!

Blackbear said:
It worked fine for me. Great tool.

it just needs be a bit more honest and say how my team is gonna beat the brakes off my league. 🤣
We don't want to discourage the other people in your league too much... ;)  

Can you let me know what inputs and settings you were using? Thanks!
Sorry Salmon, I don't know what you are asking for. I just clicked on the link Joe provided, filled in the team ID blanks (but nothing about the league I am on - MFL). Then I just looked up the players one by one and added them and clicked 'generate results' (or something phrased much like that).

Joe Bryant said:
Hi Folks,

Thanks a ton. 
It works well from my end and I def appreciate insights.  I could use many inputs I could get to make my decision.   Thanks and great work!

On my laptop using both Edge and Chrome, on my wifi, and neither are generating a report. 

And it can't count. It tells me I have 2 roster spots missing, when I don't.

Hey guys, I've just done a release to address the issue some of you were having with the reports not loading. Please try again now. In the top bar of the site, it needs to report at least v2.0.24 next to the Rate My Team logo. If you see anything less than that, please try clearing your browser cache (https://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/home/) or try in an incognito window. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread