What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Great 2020 All Time Movie Draft- The judging is heavily biased against me. It’s a hoax! Fake news. (1 Viewer)

timschochet

Footballguy
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bxwt9ZVS5-AFc8F5sqSG_TFHniIurmjIfk33PhVYlyY/htmlview

1st round draft order 

1. Karma Police 

2. AAABatteries/ hagmania 

3. joffer

4. higgins 

5. Jwb

6. Doug B 

7. timschochet 

8. Dr. Octopus 

9. Charlie Steiner/Gally 

10. Andy Dufresne 

11. Ilov80s

12. mphtrilogy 

13. tuffnutt 

14. EYLive 

15. TheWinz 

16. Mrs. Rannous 

A bunch of people requested I start another of these. So here goes. It’s an all time movie draft with judges, just like the sports draft we just did. I will start it but I don’t want to run it. 

Categories 

Best film decade: 

1. 1930s or before 

2. 1940s 

3. 1950s 

4. 1960s 

5. 1970s 

6. 1980s 

7. 1990s 

8. 2000s 

9. 2010-2020 

Genres 

10. Western 

11.  comedy 

12. romantic Comedy 

13. Documentary 

14. Historical Drama 

15. World War II 

16. War 

17. Suspense 

18. Horror 

19. Children’s 

20. Animated 

21. Musical 

22. Rock 

23. Based on real events 

24. Political 

25. Gangster 

26. Space 

27. Science Fiction on Earth 

28. Foreign language

29. High school/teenager 

30. Fantasy 

31. Sports 

32. Sequel

33. Action 

34. Courtroom Drama 

Other categories 

35. Movie score 

36. Legendary movie star- guy (Legendary=before 1980) 

37. Legendary movie star- girl 

38. Modern movie star- guy 

39. Modern movie star- girl 

40. Legendary Director 

41 Supporting Actor 

42. Supporting Actress 

43. Hero 

44. Villain 

45. modern director 

46 Movie based on book or novel 

47. Original song 

48. Best Actor 

49. Best Actress 

And...

50. Greatest movie of all time

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been wanting to do some sort of movie draft thing, but I am not sure I can do one of these judge drafts.  

Just to be clear of that first part - you only draft 1 movie from each of those decades?

I have been wanting to do some sort of movie draft thing, but I am not sure I can do one of these judge drafts.  

Just to be clear of that first part - you only draft 1 movie from each of those decades?
 Come on, who cares how the judges rank them. It’s all for fun! 

I also wanted to define “artistic”: this is a film that you watch more because of its look or style than the storyline. Many of these films may be foreign (see @krista4?) 

I'll help with the sheet.

There are only like ten categories I care about, but want to run the sheet for more than just ####s and giggles. I am in, but this is an open call to pardner up with someone.

I also wanted to define “artistic”: this is a film that you watch more because of its look or style than the storyline. Many of these films may be foreign (see @krista4?) 
Art house or indie film would be probably be a good way to describe what you are looking for. As for rock, I would make it count concert films, bio-pics or narrative movies that revolve around rock music. It would be tough to judge but gives lots of options.

Also you might want to clarify, can children’s also be animated?
I know most people don't like arbitrary divisions in drafts like these ... but Children's Live Action would be an interesting category apart from Animated.

EDIT: Now that I think about it ... this screams out for a three-way division:

Children's Live Action
Children's Animated
Non-children's Animated

Makes sense. The only change I would consider (though it has a lot of crossover with live action kids) is replace TV movie with fantasy.
Let’s see what people think. I’m open to anything, but I think TV movies deserve consideration and there haven’t been enough great fantasy movies IMO. 

Is Legendary Director meant to paired with Modern Director, like the other Legendary categories?

If other substitutions are recommended, consider trimming Best Duo, Best Romantic Couple, or Best Screenwriter.

Let’s see what people think. I’m open to anything, but I think TV movies deserve consideration and there haven’t been enough great fantasy movies IMO. 
ok fair enough but fantasy is a huge category, it’s not just wizards and dragons. It’s any movie where “magical” events take place- even if they take place in our regular world.

Just to clarify, sequel can also be a Pt. 3 or 4, etc. Just in case you particularly love that third Twilight movie. 

I’m also replacing “mystery” (which can be incorporated into suspense, police, etc.) with sports. We should have a sports category. 

I’ve never done one of these, but (as I have an in progress Google doc that sometimes toy with which lists my favorite movie by year) I’m intrigued.  If I’m following right, would this be a 50 round draft?  As I apparently billed ~13 hours of work yesterday, just wondering what the time commitment would be.

I haven't drafted anything in a while, I'm in with the caveat that if the total number of drafters goes past 20, I'll back out to keep it from getting too chaotic.

What about a "Greatest Scene" type category? That might allow some less than "great" movies that might not get drafted to have some shine with a particularly great 4-5 minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread