What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Great 2020 All Time Movie Draft- The judging is heavily biased against me. It’s a hoax! Fake news. (2 Viewers)

8.13 — The French Connection, 70’s movie.

At the 44th Academy Awards, it won the Oscars for Best Picture, Best Actor (Hackman), Best Director (Friedkin), Best Film Editing, and Best Adapted Screenplay (Tidyman). It was nominated for Best Supporting Actor (Scheider), Best Cinematography, and Best Sound Mixing. Tidyman also received a Golden Globe Award nomination, a Writers Guild of America Award, and an Edgar Award for his screenplay. A sequel, French Connection II, followed in 1975 with Gene Hackman and Fernando Rey reprising their roles.

The American Film Institute included the film in its list of the best American films in 1998 and again in 2007. In 2005, the film was selected for preservation in the United States National Film Registry by the Library of Congress as being "culturally, historically, or aesthetically significant".

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok.  I am officially moving Apocalypse Now out of the war category to make room for one of my most rewatched movies and probably my favorite Kubrick movie.  

8.16:  FULL METAL JACKET - war movie.  

My top movies list got decimated and I lost out on some biggies like Fight Club, BttF, and Aliens.   I decided I couldn't miss out on this one.  

Ok.  I am officially moving Apocalypse Now out of the war category to make room for one of my most rewatched movies and probably my favorite Kubrick movie.  

My top movies list got decimated and I lost out on some biggies like Fight Club, BttF, and Aliens.   I decided I couldn't miss out on this one.  
####🤬

This is a plus in the Movie Star category I’d think.
no doubt - and he's been doing the exact same thing, the same way, to the world's most desirable women for almost 50 years. i've heard JLaw tell the story and Jack had an entirely hilarious & pathetic follow-up that she found charming, even in a #metoo era context

starwise, no one in my lifetime was bigger at his peak

This pick or No Country would have been my next pick.

I'm moving Apocalypse Now to 1970s for the time being. Let me know if you want a different category.

Ugh, this sucks.  I am staring at 5 movies and I am pretty sure I will be without the others by my next turn.  I guess I will take the one with the most flex ability since my list of 60s movies looks surprisingly meh.  

9.01:  THE MANCHURIAN CANDIDATE - political movie  

back to @AAABatteries and @hagmania
Damn! This is getting tougher than expected 

You don't think she's a great actress?
She is, just didn’t cross my mind as a top 15 actress all time

9.03 Halloween - Horror Movie

Another genre that i'm not big of, but this is far and away my favorite.
Well, actually that's more of a .... nah, I can't do it.  That's a great pick and one of my favorites of the genre.  Because of people generally not being a fan of the genre, this is one of the movies I was surprised hadn't been picked yet.   If I were judging it would probably be a top 3 pick.  

9.04 -- Platoon, War Movie.

5 Reasons Why Platoon Is The Greatest War Movie Ever Made

Upon its release, Platoon received critical acclaim for Stone's directing and screenplay, the cinematography, battle sequences' realism, and the performances of Dafoe and Berenger. The film was a box office success upon its release, grossing $138.5 million domestically against its $6 million budget. The film was nominated for eight Academy Awards at the 59th Academy Awards, and won four including Best Picture, Best Director for Stone, Best Sound, and Best Film Editing. In 1998, the American Film Institute placed Platoon at #83 in their "AFI's 100 Years ... 100 Movies" poll. In 2019, the film was selected for preservation in the United States

key scene

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, actually that's more of a .... nah, I can't do it.  That's a great pick and one of my favorites of the genre.  Because of people generally not being a fan of the genre, this is one of the movies I was surprised hadn't been picked yet.   If I were judging it would probably be a top 3 pick.  
I'm a horror fan and enjoy the suggestions in the Horror Movie thread, and even within sub-genres tastes vary widely. Lots to choose from still.

I'm a horror fan and enjoy the suggestions in the Horror Movie thread, and even within sub-genres tastes vary widely. Lots to choose from still.
Oh for sure.  More just talking all-time horror and especially ones that I feel hold up over time.   Seems like with these drafts the classics get weighted a little heavier, and then there are a bunch of movies battling it out for the points from the #4-#10 movies for the categories.  

Users who are viewing this thread