What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Face masks - whatcha got? (1 Viewer)

Don Quixote

Footballguy
Flipping the script, as I’ve seen people wearing some cool designs on their face masks. I need to up my quantity of washable ones, so I can rotate a bit more between laundry runs.  But it does not have to just be for appearance — comfort and protection count too.

I just bought some Washington Wizards ones, mostly because I see a lot of people wearing Nats and Caps face masks by me in the DC area, and I was feeling bad for the Wizards.

(And in before this gets suggested for me.)

I use a buff. Makes me feel more like a guy robbing the store instead of the surgeon look. 
I have them too but don't trust them for actual protection.

Most are by design incredibly thin/lightweight and offer minimal protection. 

Bare min for me Is a standard ear loop surgical mask. I have black ones I leave on my dash for uv sterilization.

For more long term / close contact situations (airport/flying was one) I use an N95 respirator. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I also wear a neck gaiter. I have sensitive ears and can't tolerate the straps of most masks.

It has a pocket for a filter, but it obviously was not designed to hold the "standard size" filter (which kept falling out until my girlfriend made a few sewing alterations).

I went to a Victoria’s Secret and bought a sexy lace g-string — I just put it on my head and put the cro### off to the side of my neck. 

Voila! 

[rant] not to be confused with “wala” or however else you heathens try to spell it. [/rant] 

Have 3 plain black washable...they seem small and shrink the more they get washed.  These are also pretty thick (sucks bad in this heat) and we now just keep one in each car as a (oh crap forgot to grab the mask before leaving the house).

Sister in law makes them for people...and is one of those people who cut vinyl and design crap.  So she has made us things in different fabrics.  Thus far mine are a Red one with the Wisconsin W on it...and now a green one with Packers logo.  And then I have a neck gaiter as well that I have had for fishing that I have if needed.

Started with the wood-working/construction style mask, hated it.  Went to the blue medical type and been wearing it ever since.  Much better and easier to wear.  

Users who are viewing this thread