What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

work from home dress code (1 Viewer)

mr. furley

Footballguy
(let's not get this one locked :hot: )

been working from home the last several months. only showing up on camera for meetings maybe 2 times per week (others don't require camera).

in the last about 18 months job dress code went from business casual, to casual and now wfh. 

feeling like i should maintain some sort of dress standards, but at the same time... shorts and a t-shirt is a daily temptation.

any of you who are wfh keeping up appearances? or is it the wild west out there?

I have worked from home on Wednesdays for years and always wore a collared shirt to make it feel like I am working... during coronathon, however, I no longer give a unless I am sure I have online client meetings scheduled for the day. 

My home office is in an unfinished part of my basement I use as storage for my hiking and brewing gear - I generally prefer not to turn the camera on down here anyway.  I am actually wearing my Melanzana hiking hoodie right now because it is on the cold side down here :oldunsure:  

No one can see my pants so I’ll wear shorts and a nice t shirt or if it’s with higher ups will put on short sleeved collared shirt

I'll wear a shirt and tie to a few zoom meetings each week.  At first I was called out, but now in those same meetings people ask why 'no tie' it I don't have one on.  

I'm wearing shorts, tank top and hat right now.

If I have to be on camera, turn hat backwards and put on a t shirt.

Went from waking up and dressing up every day as I would if I was going into the office to get my head in the right space.

To only wearing collared shirts when I knew I was going to be on call.

To wearing sweats most of the time as no one saw what I was wearing down there anyway.

To sitting in a comfortable tshirt and sweatpants on a call today with external clients.

T-shirt and shorts even during zoom meetings
:thumbup:  I'll probably have a hoody on in the mornings as the house is like a freezer.

I have noticed on all of our Teams calls, everyone is wearing collared shirts so feeling guilted into putting one on the next time I have one. Thankfully they are few & far between for me.

Outside of zoom meetings I haven't worn a shirt since May.
My wife was on a zoom in our kitchen and I did not know.  I walked by her in my underwear.   Thankfully they were a pretty new pair of Under Armor boxers.

Until recently it was jeans and a flannel shirt. Now it’s sweatpants and a long-sleeve t-shirt. The basement is a bit too cold for shorts.

We don't do video chat so my wardrobe around the house is about 90% Bella Canvas TriBlend Tees and boxer briefs.  Super soft, lightweight (summer) and great fit.

About $10/ea on Amazon.
I think I own 15 now.  

shorts and work logo polo's every day.  For a few years the top region got to order polo's with our company logo on front and their region/qtr and any slogan they wanted on sleeve.  I got every one.  Very helpful during pandemic.  Different colors etc and appropriate for internal/external meetings

Just started a new job a couple weeks ago and it's WFH with a lot of MSTeams video calls.  I've been wearing a polo for those but apparently t-shirts (and hats) are OK. 

Definitely not wearing long pants.  Basketball shorts do just fine. 

I have been utilizing my parents' place a couple days a week to get actual peace & quiet (2 kids here) and those days I'll do shorts & polo.  

Polo shirt, shorts, flip flops...sometimes I steal my wife’s fuzzy slippers if my feet are cold. Always gets a laugh on webex calls.  

WFH for close to 2 years now....always try to wear at least jeans and a tri-blend/under armor type shirt. Don't have a need for collard shirts but have a few with my logo on them for online speaking gigs. Some days i'll ,ix up the jeans and go shorts esp in the summer.

My bigger issue is that I have not worked with shoes on in 2 years. IDK if I could go a full 8 hour work day in shoes right now. 

Been seeing lots of hats in these zoom meetings. They started becoming more frequent and accepted about 2 months into the lockdown when no one had gotten  a hair cut in some time. 

Judge Smails said:
shorts and work logo polo's every day.  For a few years the top region got to order polo's with our company logo on front and their region/qtr and any slogan they wanted on sleeve.  I got every one.  Very helpful during pandemic.  Different colors etc and appropriate for internal/external meetings
"You'll get nothing and like it!"

"I've sentenced boys younger than you to the gas chamber."

"How would you like to come over and mow my lawn?"

Been working from home for nearly 5 years now.  Prior to that, jeans and t-shirt was what I wore to work ... IT in a hospital.

Now, I wear whatever is comfortable for the weather.  This time of year, shorts and a t-shirt by about noon.  Prior to that, pj shorts and t-shirt.  I only wear shoes if it is cold, or I have to leave the house.  There have been entire weeks where I don't put shoes on. 

The last few times I have had to go into the facility, I wear shorts and a t-shirt.  I've had a couple of people comment on me dressing up, and I tell them "hell, I put on shoes!"

T-shirt and gym shorts exclusively since early April.  I can count on one hand the number of times I've done anything to my hair other than just washed it and let it be.  If I have a meeting with the CFO or other high-level reviews or presentations, I'll put on a "nice" t-shirt with a couple buttons on a split collar, or solid color or something.  Otherwise it's pretty much Penn State t-shirts, and random other shirts.  

I'm a little more dressed down than some, and I would say the standard is INCREASING, meaning more folks are wearing collared shirts...but it's far from the majority.

Mostly gym shorts and t-shirts, even for video meetings...  but I've had a few video meetings w/ higher profile folks (2+ levels above me) so I throw on the company polo for those.  

Gym shorts and t shirts. I'm in zoom training these past 2 weeks. Everyone's video is on but we don't really watch each other, it's mostly slides and the instructor speaking.

Every so often I'll flip through to see the others. A few are office caliber, my senior boss is taking it and he's in a suit. Most of us just have to shirts. A few seem to have just woken up, hair uncombed, looking like night of the living dead. (To be fair, some of these are in Europe, Korea, Hawaii, etc so it may be like 2am) 

(let's not get this one locked :hot: )

been working from home the last several months. only showing up on camera for meetings maybe 2 times per week (others don't require camera).

in the last about 18 months job dress code went from business casual, to casual and now wfh. 

feeling like i should maintain some sort of dress standards, but at the same time... shorts and a t-shirt is a daily temptation.

any of you who are wfh keeping up appearances? or is it the wild west out there?
No dresses allowed is my policy.

Yep, sport the moccasin style. I do not like being barefoot, but don't care for shoes either.
Agreed.  I actually had to buy some new 'slides' because the ones I've worn around the house since high school started hurting my feet because I was wearing them so much.  

Users who are viewing this thread