What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL CYDY/Leronlimab Thread*** (2 Viewers)

This_Guy

Footballguy
  We were really gumming up the Stock thread so..........

Boom or bust with this one:  CYDY.  Biotech drug maker awaiting FDA approval for new HIV drug among other things.  Here's an article from Seeking Alpha that came out last month.

FYI:  Stocks that trade @ ~$0.34 are more likely to go to $0 than $1.  I think this will be an exception.

I am trying to understand today's PR and calculate some p-values based on the numbers.  Placebo had 28 participants and 11 SAEs for a success rate of 17/28.  Drug had 56 participants and 8 SAEs for a success rate of 48/56.

Here are the inputs and result from a two proportion hypothesis test.  It returns a p-value of ~0.0078 which is very significant.  However, this doesn't tell the entire tale because some patients had more than one SAE so the total number of placebo patients who had an SAE was 6/28 and total drug patients with an SAE was 5/56.  

I don't know how to adjust for the above--anyone have a suggestion.  Anyone have a suggestion?

Last edited by a moderator:
Where would the stock be right now if Nadar had said last week:

" we will have the safety data out next week, and hope to have the efficacy data out the following week".

So say all the results are promising and all with the efficacy and the serious trials but they still move to stage 3 and continue the serious. What are the predictions for the stock price? A stage 3 for M/M means another 3-4 months and a chance to be passed up by some other drug - I might want to cash in at that point. Thoughts?

Stepping back, not much has changed.  They've done a poor job managing expectations, but I've been in this due to the science from the beginning.  I'm sticking around until the science has a chance to shine.

Today's data, while not done as well as it should have been done, still showed good scientific merit.  The results are there.  Results from previous studies are there.  There's nothing different really between today and yesterday's BP talk that affects the potential for the drug.

Perhaps we have a case of hyper-focus on the missed expectations, and we're allowing that to overshadow the drug itself, which time and time again when it speaks, it's powerful.  The other folks doing the speaking on behalf of leronlimab either do it many favors (like BP) or can cause some short term stock harm like NP.

But the science is unchanged, the trials are ongoing, and results are coming.  None of that is any different today than it was weeks ago.  Just our expectations weren't met, and like kids at christmas who didn't get what they wanted, we have all of the feels.

Stepping back, not much has changed.  They've done a poor job managing expectations, but I've been in this due to the science from the beginning.  I'm sticking around until the science has a chance to shine.

Today's data, while not done as well as it should have been done, still showed good scientific merit.  The results are there.  Results from previous studies are there.  There's nothing different really between today and yesterday's BP talk that affects the potential for the drug.

Perhaps we have a case of hyper-focus on the missed expectations, and we're allowing that to overshadow the drug itself, which time and time again when it speaks, it's powerful.  The other folks doing the speaking on behalf of leronlimab either do it many favors (like BP) or can cause some short term stock harm like NP.

But the science is unchanged, the trials are ongoing, and results are coming.  None of that is any different today than it was weeks ago.  Just our expectations weren't met, and like kids at christmas who didn't get what they wanted, we have all of the feels.
I still believe that Red Rider BB gun is hiding behind the leg lamp.

I am trying to understand today's PR and calculate some p-values based on the numbers.  Placebo had 28 participants and 11 SAEs for a success rate of 17/28.  Drug had 56 participants and 8 SAEs for a success rate of 48/56.

Here are the inputs and result from a two proportion hypothesis test.  It returns a p-value of ~0.0078 which is very significant.  However, this doesn't tell the entire tale because some patients had more than one SAE so the total number of placebo patients who had an SAE was 6/28 and total drug patients with an SAE was 5/56.  

I don't know how to adjust for the above--anyone have a suggestion.  Anyone have a suggestion?
Come on--there are some bright people here.  Let's figure this out.  

In the placebo group, you have 28 patients who produced a total of 11 SAEs.

In the drug arm, you have 56 patients who produced a total of 8 SAEs.

To be clear, you DON'T want SAEs.  So what is the probability that the drug influenced a better outcome?

Come on--there are some bright people here.  Let's figure this out.  

In the drug arm, you have 56 patients who produced a total of 6 SAEs.

To be clear, you DON'T want SAEs.  So what is the probability that the drug influenced a better outcome?
Aren’t there 8 total SAEs in 5 patients in the control?

ETA: I agree with you, there has to be some statistical significance here. 

Come on--there are some bright people here.  Let's figure this out.  

In the drug arm, you have 56 patients who produced a total of 8 SAEs.

To be clear, you DON'T want SAEs.  So what is the probability that the drug influenced a better outcome?
@caustic is the math guru iirc 

Users who are viewing this thread