What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL CYDY/Leronlimab Thread*** (10 Viewers)

There was an interesting Twitter kerfuffle yesterday where an anti-quackery activist took Dr Yo and Dr Patterson to task for promoting an unproven drug.  Adam Feuerstein even joined in.  Here is the link to the exchange (you have to keep clicking to view more replies to see the whole back and forth)  https://twitter.com/IamBreastCancer/status/1305904244730376193

Apparently, Dr Yo doesn't disagree that CYDY might be a scam stock:

@YoDoctorYo

I've got nothing against you guys thinking CYDY is scam. I got nothing to do with them. I think leronlimab has interesting MOA and potential. But I literally have nothing to do with them! I was just looking for something for my friend who was dying back in April.

Last edited by a moderator:
There was an interesting Twitter kerfuffle yesterday where an anti-quackery activist took Dr Yo and Dr Patterson to task for promoting an unproven drug.  Adam Feuerstein even joined in.  Here is the link to the exchange (you have to keep clicking to view more replies to see the whole back and forth)  https://twitter.com/IamBreastCancer/status/1305904244730376193

Actually, makes Dr. Yo support/interest seem more genuine to me.

So we're not supposed to care that he was promoting it because he's an unprofessional quack on Twitter but when he says something potentially bad we should listen?

So we're not supposed to care that he was promoting it because he's an unprofessional quack on Twitter but when he says something potentially bad we should listen?
I don't think Dr Yo is qualified on either count.  He is an anesthesiologist.  He isn't an infectious disease expert or a business expert.

I don't know if that's what he's saying.  I've seen him say things along these lines before.

I think the main thing he's trying to hammer home is that he is not a paid shill for Cytodyn.  I dont necessarily think he's saying that it may be a scam stock.

I don't think Dr Yo is qualified on either count.  He is an anesthesiologist.  He isn't an infectious disease expert or a business expert.
Yeah, this is why you were getting the heisman in here before. It also says that Dr Yo doesn’t disagree that he is from Venus and it also says that Dr Yo doesn’t disagree that the earth may be flat.

You are way reading into that quote. To say a drug is a scam is the opposite of saying that it has an MOA and potential. Clearly he’s saying that he doesn’t have anything against the people who disagree because he doesn’t represent the company.

It’s very typical of what AF and shorts do. They interpret a statement only how they want to interpret it because the shorts 100% have a singular purpose and that is to make money however they can. Their whole we want to root out fraud is ridiculous. If that was the case they wouldn’t be making money at the same time. That’s pure conflict of interest and since there is not authority that can take them to task they can lie as much as they want and just walk away. Dr Yo is literally just trying to say he doesn’t have a conflict of interest, he’s not invalidating anything he’s said and he’s not supporting their theory of a scam.

I don't know if that's what he's saying.  I've seen him say things along these lines before.

I think the main thing he's trying to hammer home is that he is not a paid shill for Cytodyn.  I dont necessarily think he's saying that it may be a scam stock.
Don is absolutely an investor first and happy to profit on the scam angle. He’s going to interpret it exactly how he wants and that’s one of the reasons why shorts can be very successful on this stock. Nader responds to their criticism and what shorts need is material to twist and warp.

Don is absolutely an investor first and happy to profit on the scam angle. He’s going to interpret it exactly how he wants and that’s one of the reasons why shorts can be very successful on this stock. Nader responds to their criticism and what shorts need is material to twist and warp.
I don't think it's that sophisticated.

I don't think it's that sophisticated.
Doesn’t need to be sophisticated to work. I mean do you read Dr Yo’s quote and see it as any bit of support that it’s a scam? Shorts word things to illicit the response they want. If you are able to get investors to believe it’s a scam that helps your short options. Instead of outright lying and saying Dr Yo says it’s a scam you say well he doesn’t disagree that it could be a scam. Not sophisticated at all but the point is to plant a seed of doubt and create more sales.

Doesn’t need to be sophisticated to work. I mean do you read Dr Yo’s quote and see it as any bit of support that it’s a scam? Shorts word things to illicit the response they want. If you are able to get investors to believe it’s a scam that helps your short options. Instead of outright lying and saying Dr Yo says it’s a scam you say well he doesn’t disagree that it could be a scam. Not sophisticated at all but the point is to plant a seed of doubt and create more sales.
I'm not shorting the stock.  It's difficult to short an otc.  My Schwab account certainly doesn't allow it.  So I have zero skin in the game either way.  You and the other Truthers here, on the other hand, are longs.  And your opinions are blatantly unobjective.

I'm not shorting the stock.  It's difficult to short an otc.  My Schwab account certainly doesn't allow it.  So I have zero skin in the game either way.  You and the other Truthers here, on the other hand, are longs.  And your opinions are blatantly unobjective.
:lmao:  dude you sound just like the AF army. Weird that my schwab account would allow me to short this stock and yours will not, I assumed it was all the same. 

I'm longish on CYDY.

I don't think the spin on either side is helpful at all.

How do you know this?  Have you shorted it?
I assumed since I had the option to buy, sell or sell short that I could. I tested it out just now with 1 and got the following This order cannot be accepted because a short sale is not allowed in an account that does not have a margin feature. so I guess I don’t have that power after all.

I assumed since I had the option to buy, sell or sell short that I could. I tested it out just now with 1 and got the following This order cannot be accepted because a short sale is not allowed in an account that does not have a margin feature. so I guess I don’t have that power after all.
You just have to add margin to your account. I’ve never done that for my accounts or enabled AHs trading. 

It’s not difficult at all if you actually want to do it. There’s huge short positions on all OTC stocks that have notoriety. I think @Bob Sacamano has posted stats a few times. I’m not an options guy so I couldn’t tell you what restrictions there are with different brokers.

Also, lol at my opinions not being objective. I literally spelled out exactly the treatment you get when you whine about how nobody sees you as their white knight saving us from the bad men. I’ve divested 75% of my shares at a nice profit but I’m a truther? I’m just an investor but as I said before I know the risk and at this point you are regurgitating AF. You obviously follow his every word and action because every post has it. You did the exact same quote twisting they do. That’s what Whyatt devolved into when people didn’t agree with him. Sorry man, you crowed about how much you made on that Swiss penny stock and being in on HGEN, i.e. competition, and you are trying to convince us that you are objective and just can’t figure out how to short. Whyatt also said that same thing that he’s got no skin in the game yet he works for a competitor and his first post said he wanted to short CYDY.

Amazing that you wonder why people don’t believe you’re just trying to help us and that you are 100% objective.

The blind leading the blind.
Lol. I don’t want to do margin trading so that means I don’t understand it? You are a complete ##### and have been from the start. You are like the others. For some reason, you can’t process that people don’t have this utmost respect for you and that you aren’t always correct. You have no skin in this game yet you post here as much as anyone. That’s pretty sad and sorry, but you aren’t getting the validation you crave. lol 

Lol. I don’t want to do margin trading so that means I don’t understand it? You are a complete ##### and have been from the start. You are like the others. For some reason, you can’t process that people don’t have this utmost respect for you and that you aren’t always correct. You have no skin in this game yet you post here as much as anyone. That’s pretty sad and sorry, but you aren’t getting the validation you crave. lol 
You clearly don't understand anything about shorting an otc.  It is not easy.  And I have been polite in this thread and been attacked constantly for just giving my honest opinions.  But I think it is now time to fight fire with fire.

You clearly don't understand anything about shorting an otc.  It is not easy.  And I have been polite in this thread and been attacked constantly for just giving my honest opinions.  But I think it is now time to fight fire with fire.
Oh yeah, let’s go! 😂 

This has to be a FC alias right?

It would take me some time and effort to get to the point of being able to short an OTC stock. Just not something I've ever cared to look into, and I have no idea what changes I would need to make to my account to get Fidelity to allow it. Based on... everything else I've ever done with them, it likely involves signing off on something about accepting high risk activities, possibly a phone call, and reading through a few different FAQ-type sections of their website. 

They must be figuring out how hard it is to short so they are slowing down, lol.

On a real note, do you think that it’s from lack of interest? The stocks been in a pretty narrow trading range and less news everyday so is it less potential so moving on to the next stock or do you think it portends to good movement on the stock.
I would imagine fewer shares traded and lower volatility both make it a less compelling target, yeah.

Bob Sacamano said:
% shorted decreasing is interesting. https://www.otcshortreport.com/company/CYDY
A lot of those shorts aren't real shorts.  They are market makers.  Here is a link to a page that shows the interest needed to pay to short CYDY.  It is a better gauge to how much is being actually shorted.  Currently, the percentage is 71%.  That is lower than in May/June when interest was as high as 140% but not a low as a month or two ago when interest was lower than 20%.

https://iborrowdesk.com/report/CYDY

Don Hutson said:
The blind leading the blind.
I'm not accusing you of anything, but I'll ask this again, if you don't have any interest in this stock why do you care about it so much?

Users who are viewing this thread