Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
This_Guy

***OFFICIAL CYDY/Leronlimab Thread***

1 hour ago, I-ROK said:

Are we still waiting for data in here?

M2M data came.  It was not optimal.  S/C interim data should be coming sometime in the next 2 weeks.  I still have hope that is could be good.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Don Hutson said:

Regeneron is not "something" like leronlimab aside from being a mab.  There are hundreds of mabs and they are not all similar.  Regeneron's cocktail and the Lilly's mab are anti-virals.  They are good to use at the beginning of a Covid infection when you want to combat the virus.  Leronlimab is an immunomodulator that is good to use when things have progressed to the point where it is no longer a viral issue but is an immunological issue.  Covid is far more an immunological issue than a viral issue. 

Leronlimab is not in competition with either Regeneron or Eli Lilly's mab.  They can work in concert.  One first and then the other.  So use Regeneron or Lilly's mab early and use leron when things get bad.  You would think with all of the condescending disrespect you have sent that you would understand things better, Truther.

Lol. Still the same ###. “Like” was a general statement of something that’s still not approved for use. Get it? It’s a general statement that he’s taking things that the general public cannot while he’s been plugging other stuff that’s been shown not to work. Lauding that crazy lady doctor pushing hydrochloroniqye for example. Amazing how people like you can get so warped and not actually understand what they read. You were already to pounce and reply. You see LL in my post and couldn’t wait to reply like a petulant child who’s not listening to an adult so they blurt out a reply before the adult has finished proving that they couldn’t possibly have actually listened to the entire post.

Truther? I don’t even own CYDY anymore. So bizarre.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

You’re on ignore so I won’t even bother reading that one. Maybe I used LL as an example because I’m in this thread. Nah, couldn’t be. Going back to sleep. I’ll save you a piece of the brisket I just put on if you’ll stop replying to me. Adios and have a goodnight!

• Laughing 1

They gave him a cocktail of everything,  including remdesivir and other experimental drugs, except LL.  

No one with decision making authorization knows about LL,  or maybe it's being blackballed.  

Best bet may be overseas. They don't have enough money to get noticed in DC.

1 hour ago, Jayrok said:

They gave him a cocktail of everything,  including remdesivir and other experimental drugs, except LL.  

No one with decision making authorization knows about LL,  or maybe it's being blackballed.  

Best bet may be overseas. They don't have enough money to get noticed in DC.

The Regeneron cocktail was surprising to everyone but it is supposed to be more effective early on than leronlimab.  Im not surprised that he went with a BP drug if an experimental one and it may have also made the most sense for his condition.

Remdesiver has EUA so as things are progressing, also not surprising.

It would have been almost shocking that he be given leronlimab, I wouldn't read too much into this.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 10/2/2020 at 1:00 PM, stbugs said:

Gotta love that the first thing he uses is something like LL. Why isn’t he taking Hydrochoronique or Remdesivir?

Not to get political but it’s ####### ridiculous that so many people have died on his watch and he doesn’t take the stuff that his admin has been pumping for months. Despicable and the folks at FDA should be ashamed as well. Downplaying the pandemic instead of pushing forward trials of all these antibodies is legitimately criminal. So many people died who could have been part of all of these trials months ago.

I’m sure his cronies were part of the last 10 minutes of trading and before. 110k of the 900k shares traded were in the last 5 minutes of trading. Looks like the first article was posted at closer to 4:30 after the market closed. So predictable. 

Other than being a monoclonal antibody, the drug Trump received is nothing like leronlimab. And hydroxychloroquine doesn't work. He is taking remdesivir though.

ETA NM, I see Don Hutson set the record straight. 

Edited by Terminalxylem

8 minutes ago, Terminalxylem said:

Other than being a monoclonal antibody, the drug Trump received is nothing like leronlimab. And hydroxychloroquine doesn't work. He is taking remdesivir though.

ETA NM, I see Don Hutson set the record straight. 

SMH. I meant something not FDA approved, while having pushed stuff that hasn’t worked as well. This is the LL thread and I even mentioned “pushing forward trials of all these antibodies.” Also do you not recall him lauding that crazy alien doctor pastor who pumped hydroxychloroquine? That was also something pumped by his cronies a bunch. I’m not sure why my post was so hard to read as not really being about LL but about us being 6 months into people still dying in the hundreds per day and the second Trump gets sick there’s no issue taking a non-FDA approved drug. If you don’t get the hypocrisy, oh well.

7 hours ago, Chaz McNulty said:

Does anyone know who this guy is and if he has any clue?

https://twitter.com/asavagenation/status/1312439918858104833?s=21

Conservative radio host. Likely doesn't have a clue about pharmacology. Does have a decent sized conservative following (or at least he did about 20 years ago. My right wing buddy/roommate used to listen to him all the time back then).

57 minutes ago, stbugs said:

SMH. I meant something not FDA approved, while having pushed stuff that hasn’t worked as well. This is the LL thread and I even mentioned “pushing forward trials of all these antibodies.” Also do you not recall him lauding that crazy alien doctor pastor who pumped hydroxychloroquine? That was also something pumped by his cronies a bunch. I’m not sure why my post was so hard to read as not really being about LL but about us being 6 months into people still dying in the hundreds per day and the second Trump gets sick there’s no issue taking a non-FDA approved drug. If you don’t get the hypocrisy, oh well.

I think Trump knows little about science, preferring to "trust his gut" for many decisions. Although the scientific plausibility for Regeneron's antibodies is far more straightforward than leronlimab, ultimately I suspect Trump pushed for it because he has connections with somebody in the company, and was swayed by their sales pitch. 

And for the record, I think Trump's nonstandard care was unwarranted, but we'll never know how he'd do if treated like every other covid patient.

14 hours ago, Terminalxylem said:

I think Trump knows little about science, preferring to "trust his gut" for many decisions. Although the scientific plausibility for Regeneron's antibodies is far more straightforward than leronlimab, ultimately I suspect Trump pushed for it because he has connections with somebody in the company, and was swayed by their sales pitch. 

And for the record, I think Trump's nonstandard care was unwarranted, but we'll never know how he'd do if treated like every other covid patient.

Of course the cynic in me notes that USA Today broke an article that Trump's old tax returns show a financial interest in both Regeneron and Gilead for Trump.  They noted that it is unknown if that financial interest still exists today or not.

1 hour ago, FreeBaGeL said:

Of course the cynic in me notes that USA Today broke an article that Trump's old tax returns show a financial interest in both Regeneron and Gilead for Trump.  They noted that it is unknown if that financial interest still exists today or not.

There was speculation on the Trump Gilead connection as soon as Remdesivir was approved.

23 hours ago, SouthJersey said:

Conservative radio host. Likely doesn't have a clue about pharmacology. Does have a decent sized conservative following (or at least he did about 20 years ago. My right wing buddy/roommate used to listen to him all the time back then).

Michael Savage is smarter than your average conservative talk show host.  He has masters degrees in anthropology and botany and a PhD in nutritional ethnomedicine.  He has a large and dedicated audience.  Dr Been and Dr Drew also have been posting positive things about leronlimab over the last few days to their large audiences.  I was already thinking that this was going to be a good week for CYDY's stock price.  Endorsements from Dr Been, Dr Drew, and Michael Savage should help even more.

• Love 1

I think the weekend was overall good for Cytodyn.   Experimental drugs getting in the news and a little buzz about leronlimab on twitter.

The Dr Jay reaching out to Savage on Twitter was a little embarrassing though.  It really shows how badly connected they are that their CMO is desperately reaching out to a talk show host hoping to get  a link to the President.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, Dwayne Hoover said:

The Dr Jay reaching out to Savage on Twitter was a little embarrassing though.  It really shows how badly connected they are that their CMO is desperately reaching out to a talk show host hoping to get  a link to the President.

Trump does listen to conservative media personalities so it was worth a try.  Savage is buddies with Trump.  Fox News' Dr Janette Nesheiwat is still promoting leronlimab and her sister is Deputy Assistant to the President and Senior Director for Homeland Security & Resilience so she has Trump's ear.  If Trump decides that he wants to take leronlimab, he isn't above pushing the FDA to grant it an EUA.

Trump said this on Saturday:

https://www.rev.com/blog/transcripts/donald-trump-video-transcript-from-walter-reed-medical-center-with-covid-update

If you look at the therapeutics, which I’m taking right now, some of them, and others are coming out soon that are looking like, frankly, they’re miracles, if you want to know the truth. They’re miracles. People criticize me when I say that, but we have things happening that look like they’re miracles coming down from God,

Edited by Don Hutson

Posted (edited)

Michael Savage's tweets from today:

1:59pm PST

I, DR. MICHAEL SAVAGE (M.S., M.A., PH.D.) AUTHOR OF APPROX 28 BOOKS WILL CEASE POSTING ANY AND ALL MEDICAL SCIENTIFIC ARTICLES ON SOCIAL MEDIA. HAVE LEARNED THE AVERAGE TWEETER DOES NOT KNOW DOES NOT WANT TO KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT REAL SCIENCE. REJECTS LEARNING ALTOGETHER.

8:30pm PST

am now deleting all the scientific articles i so carefully gathered for you- no more.. like trying to teach science in a prison

8:44pm PST

look at all the self-deluded fools on here who call themselves 'conservatives' -they are more akin to AMERICAN ISIS- destroyers of knowledge and learning.

All of the Covid stuff, including leronlimab, is now gone from his Twitter page.

Edited by Don Hutson

Half a step forward half a step back.  Round and round we go.  

8 hours ago, Don Hutson said:

Michael Savage's tweets from today:

All of the Covid stuff, including leronlimab, is now gone from his Twitter page.

He seems stable 

• Laughing 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Otis said:

He seems stable 

The anti-CYDY crew goes after anyone who supports leronlimab on social media.  Similar to many bullies, Michael Savage can dish out the disrespect but he can't take it.

Edited by Don Hutson

1 hour ago, Don Hutson said:

The anti-CYDY crew goes after anyone who supports leronlimab on social media.  Similar to many bullies, Michael Savage can dish out the disrespect but he can't take it.

Is this a normal thing to have a group like this trying so hard to drive the company and stock into the ground?  Does HGEND have a group like this?

6 minutes ago, Chaz McNulty said:

Is this a normal thing to have a group like this trying so hard to drive the company and stock into the ground?  Does HGEND have a group like this?

HGEN doesn't.  CYDY is a comically bad company with annoying supporters who believe in the company with a religious zeal.  It invites abuse.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Don Hutson said:

CYDY is a comically bad company with annoying supporters

You bought last week, right?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 2

31 minutes ago, kevzilla said:

You bought last week, right?

Don has taken a few too many hits on that old school helmet he's wearing...

• Laughing 1

CYDY could be good for a  short term trade this week, assuming no bad news comes out around EUA in the interim

Dr Seethmraju presents at the anti viral conference in the next few days.  Seeing that there should be scientists and doctors in attendance to listen to him, maybe they can parlay that into some good PR

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dwayne Hoover said:

CYDY could be good for a  short term trade this week, assuming no bad news comes out around EUA in the interim

Dr Seethmraju presents at the anti viral conference in the next few days.  Seeing that there should be scientists and doctors in attendance to listen to him, maybe they can parlay that into some good PR

Dr Seethmumbler presents at 11:20am-11.35am EST on Wednesday, October 7th.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/150dhoKJ_ARRG2MIq3Yhjbi-Ecof5i4o0/view

• Like 1

So Trump gonna get him a hit off this lemondade bong pipe or what?

• Love 1

So people still think this is gonna happen, huh?

• Laughing 1

5 hours ago, eaganwildcats said:

What is this the real account of the CYDY Chief Medical Officer? The guy is joining Twitter to beg Michael Savage to get them in touch with the President???

If that's real that's the epitome of amateur hour.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SouthJersey said:

What is this the real account of the CYDY Chief Medical Officer? The guy is joining Twitter to beg Michael Savage to get them in touch with the President???

If that's real that's the epitome of amateur hour.

I agree, they are clueless how  to promote this drug

19 minutes ago, Don Hutson said:

The hospital where Chris Christie is staying is participating in the leronlimab S/C trial.

I'm not sure a joke here is appropriate. Pains me though. 

1 hour ago, Don Hutson said:

The hospital where Chris Christie is staying is participating in the leronlimab S/C trial.

Hi Chris, we are running a clinical trial on an exciting Covid treatment. Interim analysis has shown only 45 of 195 patients have died during the trial so far.

Chris - fantastic! By the way what is the typical mortality of S/C patients? We have that information don’t we? 
Sure do Chris, 20-25%.

Chris - can you check this on your calculator?? mine seems off.

• Laughing 2

11 minutes ago, Whyatt said:

Hi Chris, we are running a clinical trial on an exciting Covid treatment. Interim analysis has shown only 45 of 195 patients have died during the trial so far.

Chris - fantastic! By the way what is the typical mortality of S/C patients? We have that information don’t we? 
Sure do Chris, 20-25%.

Chris - can you check this on your calculator?? mine seems off.

First, picked up some HGEN at around $10 so loving that of late. 

I've seen this a bit on Twitter and I think my only theoretical counter is that those who are going to sign up for an experimental treatment trial might be closer to the "critical" end of the spectrum and thus that 25% might be low in the 'placebo' arm. Though it will have to be pretty drastically increased to reach significance. Nothing to do but wait and see! 

3 minutes ago, eaganwildcats said:

I've seen this a bit on Twitter and I think my only theoretical counter is that those who are going to sign up for an experimental treatment trial might be closer to the "critical" end of the spectrum and thus that 25% might be low in the 'placebo' arm.

100% right

Unfair assessment from Whyatt but not surprising as he hates CYDY.   People arent going to jump through hoops to get into  this trial, they are going to take a chance when they feel their options are running out.  I definitely think the severe cases are more severe than the average population.

If there was a problem with leronlimab, the trial would have been stopped already so not worried about that.

• Thinking 1

1 minute ago, eaganwildcats said:

I've seen this a bit on Twitter and I think my only theoretical counter is that those who are going to sign up for an experimental treatment trial might be closer to the "critical" end of the spectrum and thus that 25% might be low in the 'placebo' arm. Though it will have to be pretty drastically increased to reach significance. Nothing to do but wait and see! 

Also, leronlimab usually wasn't the first choice of treatments.  So they joined the trial after other treatments failed which would indicate that they were further along and worse off.  If 23 out of 65 passed away in the placebo arm, that would be 35%.  If 22 passed away out of 130 in the treatment arm, that would be 17%.  That seems possible.

30 minutes ago, eaganwildcats said:

:thumbup: easy money until $20 imo. I have way more invested than I originally could have thought.

I realize my input isn’t valued much here, but sometimes I can’t resist. 

26 minutes ago, Don Hutson said:

If 22 passed away out of 130 in the treatment arm, that would be 17%.  That seems possible.

Do you think in any circumstance the trial is cut short based on this? If no, any idea if other better treatments will be available by the time Cydy’s trial is done.

I have a couple of ideas.

Good luck on this investment, as same as from day 1 I’m simply offering my opinion.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Whyatt said:

:thumbup: easy money until $20 imo. I have way more invested than I originally could have thought.

Do you think in any circumstance the trial is cut short based on this? If no, any idea if other better treatments will be available by the time Cydy’s trial is done.

Good luck on this investment, as same as from day 1 I’m simply offering my opinion.

I'd hope it would be, right? Given the safety profile (would be different, to me, if it didn't have a track record of safety outside of these trials) and this efficacy it seems like a no brainer. Especially considering the alternatives. 

20 minutes ago, eaganwildcats said:

I'd hope it would be, right? Given the safety profile (would be different, to me, if it didn't have a track record of safety outside of these trials) and this efficacy it seems like a no brainer. Especially considering the alternatives. 

Assume your question is do I think a clinical trial would be stopped 1/2 complete because a p value is obtained due to the placebo group being far out of expected trend.

I think that is highly unlikely.

32 minutes ago, Whyatt said:

If no, any idea if other better treatments will be available by the time Cydy’s trial is done.

I dont mind your input when you aren't taking cheap shots and looking through a really myopic lens.

You seem to be pretty sure that CYDY's treatments are going to be surpassed and I've yet to see a lot of evidence of that.  They have a very safe drug that is easy to administer, not easily surpassed once they have proven efficacy.

28 minutes ago, Whyatt said:

The people who sent hate your way are mostly gone.  Those that are still here in this thread are mostly open-minded.

30 minutes ago, Whyatt said:

I wouldn't be invested in CYDY if I thought the trial had no chance of being stopped.  I will admit I know little about how these things work.  But I think even those that do know how trials work don't know how things work in a pandemic.  We are in uncharted waters.  FDA Commissioner Stephen Hahn said that a 35% reduction in mortality is a tremendous number.  If 20 out of 65 passed away in the placebo arm, that would be 19.2%.  If 25 passed away out of 130 in the treatment arm that would be 30.7%.  That would be a 37.5% reduction in mortality. 

21 minutes ago, Whyatt said:

Assume your question is do I think a clinical trial would be stopped 1/2 complete because a p value is obtained due to the placebo group being far out of expected trend.

I think they pay the penalty to get the results.  If it's below SS then some country will approve.

This came from Investor's Hangout (I have no idea how accurate it is):

Using the Unequal Variance T-Test here are the P values:

LL  Plac  P value
23    22     .034
22    23     .013
21    24     .008
20    25     .003
19    26     .001

58 minutes ago, Whyatt said:

Doesn't the statistical analysis already account for this in the low number of test subjects?

I believe that you can have the exact same percentages, but a higher number of participants will give you a much better p-value because they take into account possible outliers in the low number of participants.

Those look similar to my numbers. BTW, I've decided to let the numbers I put out stand. I don't have enough info on how they will come up with the P value and just using R without a clear info will most likely result in something I can not judge. I don't think it's off by much though. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Don Hutson said:

This came from Investor's Hangout (I have no idea how accurate it is):

Using the Unequal Variance T-Test here are the P values:

LL  Plac  P value
23    22     .034
22    23     .013
21    24     .008
20    25     .003
19    26     .001

Someone replied to the above post with the below post:

In cases where there are two groups each with a yes or not outcome (as in success or failure, or live and death) it is commonly to use the binomial distribution as opposed to a continuous distribution.

The good news is that, if we use this test between two binomials (one for LL and the other for placebo), the p-values are significantly lower than the T-Test with unequal variance .

Without starting a rabbit-hole discussion on mathematics and statistical methods, suffice to say that the p-value for 22-23 deaths LL/Placebo is very good for trial stoppage (I get 0.00482 for a 2-tailed test).

So we are all good with 22/23  Please note that this is a very high bar (16.9% deaths in LL and 35.4% deaths in SOC).

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Don Hutson said:

Someone replied to the above post with the below post:

The 2nd method looks much better, but either way I think the trial stops on a 22-23 deaths of LL vs Placebo.

If we are to believe any of the anectodal evidence that came in, this does not seem like it would be out of the realm of possibilities.

But I could see the FDA delaying their decision for 4 to 6 weeks.  I am one of those tin hat fellows that believes we have forces working against us.

• Like 2

Thanks @Don Hutson, I didn't see that. I did find out that the old Excel Analysis tool pack T.Test which I used has dependencies between the samples even if you use the two samples (vs paired samples) so my results were off. It wasn't apparent until you start changing the samples and get different results even for the same amount of deaths in each. So I changed over to the newer functions which do not have this issue. The result was a betterment of 1 for each. I'm going to post this over in IH 

• Thanks 1