What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL CYDY/Leronlimab Thread*** (6 Viewers)

Night King seems to have backed off by now.  Usually he would have at least one snide comment from their CC.   Haven't heard a peep.
I’d bet he’s moved on to be honest. At this point there isn’t going to be much news for a while so no pop to short. I’ll be honest, I’ve been following this week based on the CC.

Paging Don Hutson.

Is Harvard similar to Stanford when it comes to offering these positions to anyone who will take them?
You certainly can't call him a world renowned scientist just because he was a professor at Harvard.  The fact that he'd take a job with a company as sketchy as CytoDyn would indicate he is not world renowned.  And I'm not going to believe anything he says about leronlimab now that he is an employee of CytoDyn. 

Have you wondered why Bruce sold 400,000 shares of CYDY on or shortly after April 30th which was the exact time he was pushing leronlimab hard?  He makes us believe that leronlimab is the greatest drug ever and immediately sells his stock.  Coincidence?  And why hasn't his "game-changing" paper been published?  Did he rush out the pre-print with the sole purpose of raising the stock price because he was selling his stock at that exact time?  And how about CytoDyn's HIV BLA being rejected by the FDA due to his receptor occupancy tests?  Doesn't sound like something that would happen to a world renowned scientist.  Putting Bruce Patterson on a pedestal is naive.  Leronlimab has not come close to meeting the expectations that were set by and profited by Bruce Patterson.

Last edited by a moderator:
You certainly can't call him a world renowned scientist just because he was a professor at Harvard.  The fact that he'd take a job with a company as sketchy as CytoDyn would indicate he is not world renowned.  And I'm not going to believe anything he says about leronlimab now that he is an employee of CytoDyn. 

Have you wondered why Bruce sold 400,000 shares of CYDY on or shortly after April 30th which was the exact time he was pushing leronlimab hard?  He makes us believe that leronlimab is the greatest drug ever and immediately sells his stock.  Coincidence?  And why hasn't his "game-changing" paper been published?  Did he rush out the pre-print with the sole purpose of raising the stock price because he was selling his stock at that exact time?  And how about CytoDyn's HIV BLA being rejected by the FDA due to his receptor occupancy tests?  Doesn't sound like something that would happen to a world renowned scientist.  Putting Bruce Patterson on a pedestal is naive.  Leronlimab has not come close to meeting the expectations that were set by and profited by Bruce Patterson.
I'd say correct me if I'm wrong, but you will. 

Isn't this about the 10th time this has been incorrectly posted in here? I believe the determination was made that there's no evidence he sold anything. Just that he's authorized to do so.

I'd say correct me if I'm wrong, but you will. 

Isn't this about the 10th time this has been incorrectly posted in here? I believe the determination was made that there's no evidence he sold anything. Just that he's authorized to do so.

The SEC was notified that Bruce was selling 400,000 shares.  I'm going to trust an SEC filing over 3rd hand internet rumors.

The SEC was notified that Bruce was selling 400,000 shares.  I'm going to trust an SEC filing over 3rd hand internet rumors.
Do you have a link to that?

Not saying it's the case here, but one of the most common things I've seen in the last year is people mixing up filings that release shares from their lock-up period with filings of people actually selling shares.

Do you have a link to that?

Not saying it's the case here, but one of the most common things I've seen in the last year is people mixing up filings that release shares from their lock-up period with filings of people actually selling shares.
He had to file with the SEC when he wanted to sell.  After filing, he had a 30 day window to sell.  The SEC isn't notified whether the shares were sold or not.  Theoretically, he didn't necessarily sell his shares.  But it is highly unlikely.  Filing to sell looks bad.  No one would do it if they weren't actually selling.  Here is the SEC filing:

https://sec.report/Document/0001193125-20-128998/

I don't know if Patterson sold his shares or not but I certainly don't believe the Nader story that came out about him having to pay Samsung.  Definitely some weird stuff went down in April when they were telling us how good it was.

The Patterson not being published yet is a mystery to me. There is more to the story but have no idea what that is.

Im having a hard time believing Patterson was just pumping it.  I don't know if he would put his reputation out there like that for nothing. 

Mixed feelings all around on this one.  Maybe I just want to believe this is something that it's not at this point.

I don't know if Patterson sold his shares or not but I certainly don't believe the Nader story that came out about him having to pay Samsung.  Definitely some weird stuff went down in April when they were telling us how good it was.

The Patterson not being published yet is a mystery to me. There is more to the story but have no idea what that is.

Im having a hard time believing Patterson was just pumping it.  I don't know if he would put his reputation out there like that for nothing. 

Mixed feelings all around on this one.  Maybe I just want to believe this is something that it's not at this point.
I think the bottom line is: the drug sucks for Covid. They hitched their wagon to this manna that fell from the sky. The principal players already cashed out some dough, and now they are dragging it along to try and keep it relevant (and to have funding) for the HIV and cancer trials.

This is an old drug (much like all these other therapeutic Covid drugs that we all know about and are invested in. They all just have different levels of deception. 

The only question that remains is how long any of us are willing to stand atop the deck of cards these drugs are built on to make money,

For me, I’m ready to take so e losses and cash in on some minor profits to move on. There are way better money makers out there in the market. 

I think the bottom line is: the drug sucks for Covid. They hitched their wagon to this manna that fell from the sky. The principal players already cashed out some dough, and now they are dragging it along to try and keep it relevant (and to have funding) for the HIV and cancer trials.

This is an old drug (much like all these other therapeutic Covid drugs that we all know about and are invested in. They all just have different levels of deception. 

The only question that remains is how long any of us are willing to stand atop the deck of cards these drugs are built on to make money,

For me, I’m ready to take so e losses and cash in on some minor profits to move on. There are way better money makers out there in the market. 
So they just got lucky with the data back in April and it wasn't leronlimab driving the lives that got saved?  

I really don't know.   The drug is obviously doing something, they aren't being told to halt the trial.  The FDA seems to want to continue to work with them.

It is odd that Nader sold shares though the same week he was pumping it.  Maybe they didnt actually believe it was that good or maybe he needed the money, i have no clue.

Dr Yang doesn't seem like a fly by nighter to me, he lends credibility to it and I still trust Patterson

The HIV BLA has to get completed though, Im pissed that they haven't finished that yet.  Meanwhile Nader saying 100% sure of approval, I definitely feel like that's a big red flag.

I think the bottom line is: the drug sucks for Covid.
The evidence shows that it provides some benefit against Covid.  The eINDs patients did seem to benefit from it.  And the M2M patients likely benefitted.  But leronlimab probably isn't a miracle drug against Covid.  It probably isn't as good as the mabs that specifically target individual Covid strains.  But its non-specific qualities is why it might be a useful drug against virtually any disease that is caused or exacerbated by inflammation.  It can be used as an early treatment to diseases we haven't figured out.  When new strains of Covid pop up, leronlimab could be used before a specific mab or specific vaccine is developed. 

Leronlimab's stellar safety profile makes it an intriguing drug.  Even if it only helps marginally, there is no reason to not use it since it has virtually no side effects.  Its mildness might also be the reason it isn't a miracle drug.  It is so mild that it can't have a huge effect against any intense disease.  Drugs that affect a disease dramatically are usually going to have side effects.  But it can maybe still work against things like HIV and possibly cancer because of how slowly those diseases progress.  The immune system might only need a little help to have the edge against those diseases.  And if it helps at all against more intense and fast acting diseases like Covid, there is no reason not to use it.

Don Hutson said:
He had to file with the SEC when he wanted to sell.  After filing, he had a 30 day window to sell.  The SEC isn't notified whether the shares were sold or not.  Theoretically, he didn't necessarily sell his shares.  But it is highly unlikely.  Filing to sell looks bad.  No one would do it if they weren't actually selling.  Here is the SEC filing:

https://sec.report/Document/0001193125-20-128998/
So you're stating as fact something you don't know to be true. Which was the point.

99.99% chance he sold.  O.01% chance he didn't sell.  When the press reports that an insider sold their stock, it is because they filed to sell it.  
Except he didn't file. CYDY did. And you have a statement that other people were on that filing who didn't know they were being filed for.

Yeah, I know it came from the Bernie Madoff of this ponzi scheme we're all scamming the hell out of FBGs for. 

Again, you don't know anything.

Why does anybody care if this guy sold or not, JFC. Has no impact on the share price going forward. 

Reveal hidden c

While I understand a portion of this it’s just Internet slap fighting. I do think there’s relevance to knowing whether BP does or doesn’t still retain his stock. Unfortunately there’s no real way for us to know at this point but if a key backer of it initially no longer feels comfortable with a financial position in the company that is telling. As it is on if Chet is still in or not, which at this point is clear we’re not gonna know as well. For a lot of us a reason we were/are in it it’s because of the confidence of those two people. We’re all grown adults with the responsibility for our own decisions certainly, but with those two in particular I believe a lot of us would like to know. 

While I understand a portion of this it’s just Internet slap fighting. I do think there’s relevance to knowing whether BP does or doesn’t still retain his stock. Unfortunately there’s no real way for us to know at this point but if a key backer of it initially no longer feels comfortable with a financial position in the company that is telling. As it is on if Chet is still in or not, which at this point is clear we’re not gonna know as well. For a lot of us a reason we were/are in it it’s because of the confidence of those two people. We’re all grown adults with the responsibility for our own decisions certainly, but with those two in particular I believe a lot of us would like to know. 
You hit on exactly why I got out. I already missed out on double the profit, although that was what, a 2 hour window? Didn’t feel like getting out without a nice win. Too many unknowns and no real cheerleader making you feel like sticking around.

Its important for sure.  Patterson has also been on record as saying weird things "like i didn't know the stock existed" or something to that effect

Nader preaches this transparency but there are so many odd things going on behind the scenes that you either don't get the real story on or have no insight on, it does scream red flags.

Im pretty much out at this point but still have some shares ( the least ive ever had).  Would entertain buying more again but need some things cleared up before i feel comfortable (on top of wanting a much lower price as well)

But if he sold it (according to this pointless slap fight) it would have been months and months ago. Completely irrelevant to today’s stock price. Maybe he sold it when it hit 10. Maybe he wanted to cash out and be rich for life. Maybe he just wanted to dive into a trench of money like Scrooge McDuck. WGAF 

But if he sold it (according to this pointless slap fight) it would have been months and months ago. Completely irrelevant to today’s stock price. Maybe he sold it when it hit 10. Maybe he wanted to cash out and be rich for life. Maybe he just wanted to dive into a trench of money like Scrooge McDuck. WGAF 
I completely understand all that Cap, I’m a reasonably intelligent person. What I referenced had nothing to do with the stock price. I’m speaking only directly to his confidence in the company and drug. It would be a bit of information worth knowing. That’s all.

Sure, but we don't. And we're not likely to.

Even if you substantiate his sale it still does not get you to the purpose. He may have had to purchase some equipment for his company and need the cash to do so. You are not going to be able to fully prove his lack of confidence in CYDY just by the sale of his stock.

Don Hutson said:
Leronlimab's stellar safety profile makes it an intriguing drug.  Even if it only helps marginally, there is no reason to not use it since it has virtually no side effects.  Its mildness might also be the reason it isn't a miracle drug.  It is so mild that it can't have a huge effect against any intense disease.  Drugs that affect a disease dramatically are usually going to have side effects.  But it can maybe still work against things like HIV and possibly cancer because of how slowly those diseases progress.  The immune system might only need a little help to have the edge against those diseases.  And if it helps at all against more intense and fast acting diseases like Covid, there is no reason not to use it.
You sound a lot like Patterson here, he thinks it should be stockpiled for basically this reason.  For a guy down on Patterson, this is right out of the Patterson book.

I got completely out of the stock a while ago.  Just a question to those of whom are holding---what exactly is your motivation?  When I exited the stock competely--I did so knowing that the door was still open for me to buy some back if my confidence grew in the company (namely management) or there was more transparency in the outlook of the drug.   To the people who are still in it--are you guys of the belief that if the stock were to rise again that it will happen in such a quick and violent way --a way where cashing out and watching from the sidelines for a potentially better time to jump in----might not be possible?

I got completely out of the stock a while ago.  Just a question to those of whom are holding---what exactly is your motivation?  When I exited the stock competely--I did so knowing that the door was still open for me to buy some back if my confidence grew in the company (namely management) or there was more transparency in the outlook of the drug.   To the people who are still in it--are you guys of the belief that if the stock were to rise again that it will happen in such a quick and violent way --a way where cashing out and watching from the sidelines for a potentially better time to jump in----might not be possible?
I think in a year or so there is a possibility for approval for HIV and there is an outside shot of a covid pump. I’ve said this before but it’s just gambling money for me so I’m letting it ride. 

I bought it for a lot higher than a lot of guys here. So I can either choose to take a loss on it or wait it out. It's not a large sum of money so I'm willing to wait it out. 

Plus, I've gotten my money's worth following it. 

Only invest what you are willing to lose.  That was my theory then and it still holds true.  I think I would rather lose it all than sell it for a huge loss, watch it get approval, and rocket to 20+

I've written the money off.  Its simply a waiting game for me now.  It isn't so much that it will affect my lifestyle one way or the other.

If I had, say 100,000 shares, I would be thinking different, obviously.

Just a question to those of whom are holding---what exactly is your motivation?
I think there are two camps.  The first camp are the people who bought at $.29-$1.00 last December-February.  They want to keep it for a year so they don't pay short term capital gains tax.  Psychologically, they aren't too bothered by the drops because they have still made a lot of money.  Seems foolish to me.  People in this camp tend to have the weakest grip on the reality of CYDY.  They also get upset when legitimate arguments are made against CYDY because they view it as hurting their investment.  The second camp are those who bought between $5 and $10 aka the bagholders.  These people are pretty depressed about their situation and cynical about CytoDyn.  But many can't stomach taking a loss.  So they are going to ride it out. These are emotional investors who jumped on the bandwagon too late.  They are the type that buy at peaks.  If the stock did miraculously rise back to the point where they could break even, they wouldn't sell because they would be so excited.

Their phase 3 trial is continuing and the door is wide open for a therapeutic to be approved that can help with mortality.  It was a pretty big longshot that the trial was going to be halted at the interim even if leronlimab is showing benefit.  Yes, its going to be 2021 before it has a chance at approval but are you sold that Covid is going to be solved by then?  Seems like we are going to need therapeutics whether there are vaccines approved or not.

Lastly the HIV BLA will be completed.   If you even believe Nader a little, he says it has 100% chance of approval, so let's say that's 60%

I got in late last year and have 2 chunks of money in it.  1 @.29 and another @.65.  My net actual money in at this point is zero as I took my investment out in the mid 3’s. So for me at this point I’m free rolling. It was always gambling to me and the profit I’d take now, while nice, changes my life none.  So I’ll wait it out a while longer to see if I get lucky, this also has the added benefit capital gains tax rate but that’s not the motivation, just a nice bonus.  

I had 2,500 shares left this morning and just can't stomach it anymore.  Sold 2,000 at the open.  I can't follow this POS any longer.  The CEO is a shyster and I'm just tired of being strung along.  Chet disappearing on us (and Cav too, for that matter - odd in its tandem) should have been a sign to vacate the position long ago, but I was stubborn.  As my boss always says "when you go from knowing to hoping, it's time to exit the position completely".  

I'm holding 500 little shares in hopes that I'm wrong and can always jump back in, but there's a LOT more near term opportunity I understand and with leadership I believe in.  I sold quite a bit of shares in July at $4.79, but sold the recent lot at a loss.  Net/net I cleared over $4K in profits, but man, it could have been a LOT more.  But, as I've learned over 2 decades doing this - YOU NEVER COMPLAIN ABOUT A PROFIT. 

Thanks @chet for bringing this on to my radar screen.  Drinks on me next time you play Pumpkin Ridge. :thumbup:

Good luck to you longs; I'll be riding my 500 little shares with you for now.  

Users who are viewing this thread