Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
This_Guy

***OFFICIAL CYDY/Leronlimab Thread***

40 minutes ago, Don Hutson said:

99.99% chance he sold.  O.01% chance he didn't sell.  When the press reports that an insider sold their stock, it is because they filed to sell it.  

Except he didn't file. CYDY did. And you have a statement that other people were on that filing who didn't know they were being filed for.

Yeah, I know it came from the Bernie Madoff of this ponzi scheme we're all scamming the hell out of FBGs for. 

Again, you don't know anything.

32 minutes ago, Capella said:

Why does anybody care if this guy sold or not, JFC. Has no impact on the share price going forward. 

Because he's fun to #### with. Don't tell.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sideshow Bob said:
hours ago, Capella said:

Why does anybody care if this guy sold or not, JFC. Has no impact on the share price going forward. 

Reveal hidden c

While I understand a portion of this it’s just Internet slap fighting. I do think there’s relevance to knowing whether BP does or doesn’t still retain his stock. Unfortunately there’s no real way for us to know at this point but if a key backer of it initially no longer feels comfortable with a financial position in the company that is telling. As it is on if Chet is still in or not, which at this point is clear we’re not gonna know as well. For a lot of us a reason we were/are in it it’s because of the confidence of those two people. We’re all grown adults with the responsibility for our own decisions certainly, but with those two in particular I believe a lot of us would like to know. 

1 minute ago, dkp993 said:

While I understand a portion of this it’s just Internet slap fighting. I do think there’s relevance to knowing whether BP does or doesn’t still retain his stock. Unfortunately there’s no real way for us to know at this point but if a key backer of it initially no longer feels comfortable with a financial position in the company that is telling. As it is on if Chet is still in or not, which at this point is clear we’re not gonna know as well. For a lot of us a reason we were/are in it it’s because of the confidence of those two people. We’re all grown adults with the responsibility for our own decisions certainly, but with those two in particular I believe a lot of us would like to know. 

You hit on exactly why I got out. I already missed out on double the profit, although that was what, a 2 hour window? Didn’t feel like getting out without a nice win. Too many unknowns and no real cheerleader making you feel like sticking around.

13 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

Its important for sure.  Patterson has also been on record as saying weird things "like i didn't know the stock existed" or something to that effect

Nader preaches this transparency but there are so many odd things going on behind the scenes that you either don't get the real story on or have no insight on, it does scream red flags.

Im pretty much out at this point but still have some shares ( the least ive ever had).  Would entertain buying more again but need some things cleared up before i feel comfortable (on top of wanting a much lower price as well)

Edited by Dwayne Hoover

33 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

But if he sold it (according to this pointless slap fight) it would have been months and months ago. Completely irrelevant to today’s stock price. Maybe he sold it when it hit 10. Maybe he wanted to cash out and be rich for life. Maybe he just wanted to dive into a trench of money like Scrooge McDuck. WGAF 

8 minutes ago, Capella said:

But if he sold it (according to this pointless slap fight) it would have been months and months ago. Completely irrelevant to today’s stock price. Maybe he sold it when it hit 10. Maybe he wanted to cash out and be rich for life. Maybe he just wanted to dive into a trench of money like Scrooge McDuck. WGAF 

I completely understand all that Cap, I’m a reasonably intelligent person. What I referenced had nothing to do with the stock price. I’m speaking only directly to his confidence in the company and drug. It would be a bit of information worth knowing. That’s all.

1 hour ago, dkp993 said:

Sure, but we don't. And we're not likely to.

10 minutes ago, Sideshow Bob said:

Sure, but we don't. And we're not likely to.

Agreed 

Even if you substantiate his sale it still does not get you to the purpose. He may have had to purchase some equipment for his company and need the cash to do so. You are not going to be able to fully prove his lack of confidence in CYDY just by the sale of his stock.

• Thanks 2

Pretty much anyone left is thinking $10 or bust right?

• Like 1

On 10/21/2020 at 8:37 PM, Don Hutson said:

Leronlimab's stellar safety profile makes it an intriguing drug.  Even if it only helps marginally, there is no reason to not use it since it has virtually no side effects.  Its mildness might also be the reason it isn't a miracle drug.  It is so mild that it can't have a huge effect against any intense disease.  Drugs that affect a disease dramatically are usually going to have side effects.  But it can maybe still work against things like HIV and possibly cancer because of how slowly those diseases progress.  The immune system might only need a little help to have the edge against those diseases.  And if it helps at all against more intense and fast acting diseases like Covid, there is no reason not to use it.

You sound a lot like Patterson here, he thinks it should be stockpiled for basically this reason.  For a guy down on Patterson, this is right out of the Patterson book.

11 minutes ago, HugeUpside said:

Brutal.  Anyone left is thinking bust or almost bust.

There are going to be therapeutics approved in 2021.  This is still in the running

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ChiefD said:

I'm holding.

because i have to....

Well, we don't "have to" but i feel that way too.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, HugeUpside said:

Well, we don't "have to" but i feel that way too.

Exactly. :lol:

I got completely out of the stock a while ago.  Just a question to those of whom are holding---what exactly is your motivation?  When I exited the stock competely--I did so knowing that the door was still open for me to buy some back if my confidence grew in the company (namely management) or there was more transparency in the outlook of the drug.   To the people who are still in it--are you guys of the belief that if the stock were to rise again that it will happen in such a quick and violent way --a way where cashing out and watching from the sidelines for a potentially better time to jump in----might not be possible?

Edited by jvdesigns2002

7 minutes ago, jvdesigns2002 said:

I got completely out of the stock a while ago.  Just a question to those of whom are holding---what exactly is your motivation?  When I exited the stock competely--I did so knowing that the door was still open for me to buy some back if my confidence grew in the company (namely management) or there was more transparency in the outlook of the drug.   To the people who are still in it--are you guys of the belief that if the stock were to rise again that it will happen in such a quick and violent way --a way where cashing out and watching from the sidelines for a potentially better time to jump in----might not be possible?

I think in a year or so there is a possibility for approval for HIV and there is an outside shot of a covid pump. I’ve said this before but it’s just gambling money for me so I’m letting it ride. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, jvdesigns2002 said:

I bought it for a lot higher than a lot of guys here. So I can either choose to take a loss on it or wait it out. It's not a large sum of money so I'm willing to wait it out. 

Plus, I've gotten my money's worth following it. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, jvdesigns2002 said:

Only invest what you are willing to lose.  That was my theory then and it still holds true.  I think I would rather lose it all than sell it for a huge loss, watch it get approval, and rocket to 20+

I've written the money off.  Its simply a waiting game for me now.  It isn't so much that it will affect my lifestyle one way or the other.

If I had, say 100,000 shares, I would be thinking different, obviously.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, jvdesigns2002 said:

Just a question to those of whom are holding---what exactly is your motivation?

I think there are two camps.  The first camp are the people who bought at $.29-$1.00 last December-February.  They want to keep it for a year so they don't pay short term capital gains tax.  Psychologically, they aren't too bothered by the drops because they have still made a lot of money.  Seems foolish to me.  People in this camp tend to have the weakest grip on the reality of CYDY.  They also get upset when legitimate arguments are made against CYDY because they view it as hurting their investment.  The second camp are those who bought between $5 and $10 aka the bagholders.  These people are pretty depressed about their situation and cynical about CytoDyn.  But many can't stomach taking a loss.  So they are going to ride it out. These are emotional investors who jumped on the bandwagon too late.  They are the type that buy at peaks.  If the stock did miraculously rise back to the point where they could break even, they wouldn't sell because they would be so excited.

Edited by Don Hutson
  • Laughing 1

55 minutes ago, jvdesigns2002 said:

Their phase 3 trial is continuing and the door is wide open for a therapeutic to be approved that can help with mortality.  It was a pretty big longshot that the trial was going to be halted at the interim even if leronlimab is showing benefit.  Yes, its going to be 2021 before it has a chance at approval but are you sold that Covid is going to be solved by then?  Seems like we are going to need therapeutics whether there are vaccines approved or not.

Lastly the HIV BLA will be completed.   If you even believe Nader a little, he says it has 100% chance of approval, so let's say that's 60%

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, jvdesigns2002 said:

I got in late last year and have 2 chunks of money in it.  1 @.29 and another @.65.  My net actual money in at this point is zero as I took my investment out in the mid 3’s. So for me at this point I’m free rolling. It was always gambling to me and the profit I’d take now, while nice, changes my life none.  So I’ll wait it out a while longer to see if I get lucky, this also has the added benefit capital gains tax rate but that’s not the motivation, just a nice bonus.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Dwayne Hoover said:

Lastly the HIV BLA will be completed.   If you even believe Nader a little, he says it has 100% chance of approval, so let's say that's 60%

Well likely 50/50 (😉) but that’s still decent odds on a long shot gamble.  

I had 2,500 shares left this morning and just can't stomach it anymore.  Sold 2,000 at the open.  I can't follow this POS any longer.  The CEO is a shyster and I'm just tired of being strung along.  Chet disappearing on us (and Cav too, for that matter - odd in its tandem) should have been a sign to vacate the position long ago, but I was stubborn.  As my boss always says "when you go from knowing to hoping, it's time to exit the position completely".  

I'm holding 500 little shares in hopes that I'm wrong and can always jump back in, but there's a LOT more near term opportunity I understand and with leadership I believe in.  I sold quite a bit of shares in July at $4.79, but sold the recent lot at a loss.  Net/net I cleared over $4K in profits, but man, it could have been a LOT more.  But, as I've learned over 2 decades doing this - YOU NEVER COMPLAIN ABOUT A PROFIT. 

Thanks @chet for bringing this on to my radar screen.  Drinks on me next time you play Pumpkin Ridge. :thumbup:

Good luck to you longs; I'll be riding my 500 little shares with you for now.  

• Like 3
  • Thinking 1

Stopped out at $2.49

What a ride!

Thanks chet!

If this goes back to a buck might jump back on for another ride. gllll pease

1 hour ago, Don Hutson said:

I think there are two camps.  The first camp are the people who bought at $.29-$1.00 last December-February.  They want to keep it for a year so they don't pay short term capital gains tax.  Psychologically, they aren't too bothered by the drops because they have still made a lot of money.  Seems foolish to me.  People in this camp tend to have the weakest grip on the reality of CYDY.  They also get upset when legitimate arguments are made against CYDY because they view it as hurting their investment.  The second camp are those who bought between $5 and $10 aka the bagholders.  These people are pretty depressed about their situation and cynical about CytoDyn.  But many can't stomach taking a loss.  So they are going to ride it out. These are emotional investors who jumped on the bandwagon too late.  They are the type that buy at peaks.  If the stock did miraculously rise back to the point where they could break even, they wouldn't sell because they would be so excited.

You sure like to speak for other people, man. It’s really weird. Seems like a lot of projection honestly. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Capella said:

Seems like a lot of projection honestly. 

That makes zero sense.  I've bought on the dips and sold on the peaks.  I have bought and sold over 30 times and sold 100% of my holdings every time I sold.  I made money on every sale except one.  How in the world could I be projecting?

3 minutes ago, Don Hutson said:

That makes zero sense.  I've bought on the dips and sold on the peaks.  I have bought and sold over 30 times and sold 100% of my holdings every time I sold.  I made money on every sale except one.  How in the world could I be projecting?

Well, you basically called the first group fools and the second group emotional and depressed. 

I mean, come on man. Were you trying to offend everyone in here?  :lol:

I agree that people’s buy in levels absolutely plays a role in whatever decision they make in regards to selling or holding. I also think that people enter a stock with a plan (quick flip, long term hold,..etc). The reason I posed the question is that the decision to sell for me was tough. I ended up turning a slight profit- but upon objectively looking back at why I had a hard time finally deciding to sell- I realized that I kinda bought into the stock with no exit strategy (which is not really smart investing). Part of why I bought in and frankly stayed in too long enough to where I ended up sacrificing additional profits is because of FOMO.  I just wasn’t sure if FOMO is still a dynamic in those who are still in this stock and is what is keeping them in. Seems to me that most of the answers that people responded with seem to contain reasonable reasons/strategies to why they are holding.  

Edited by jvdesigns2002

5 minutes ago, ChiefD said:

Well, you basically called the first group fools and the second group emotional and depressed. 

Somehow he didn’t offend me LOL. There’s a first for everything. I’m in the third camp (with Chet) called the truthers that bought in when the first camp did and said F this, I don’t care about taxes, I’m selling and I’m going to laugh at @General Malaise and his tiny um, profit. ;)

Edited by stbugs
  • Like 1

Just curious. Who does this actually describe in a reality that exists outside your made up world where this is the FBG ponzi scheme?

8 minutes ago, ChiefD said:

While meanwhile posting why leronlimab may have benefit

So there is more than two camps it seems

Just now, Dwayne Hoover said:

Those aren't mutually exclusive. He's not far off the mark, really. Leronlimab may have benefits, that doesn't mean it's a great investment right now, and there's definitely a different perspective/apporach with the people who bought in early (whether they're still holding or already sold) and the people who bought in at higher levels.  It's just the deluded way he chooses to present things that's... I don't know. Half entertaining, half wtf

• Like 1

At the end of the day, I think he's just turned, "Whyatt's reception wasn't warm because some people distrust(ed) him" into "You're all delusional".

45 minutes ago, ChiefD said:

Were you trying to offend everyone in here?

Occam's razor imo

37 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Somehow he didn’t offend me LOL. There’s a first for everything. I’m in the third camp (with Chet) called the truthers that bought in when the first camp did and said F this, I don’t care about taxes, I’m selling and I’m going to laugh at @General Malaise and his tiny um, profit. ;)

One man's tiny profit is another man's used Hyundai Sonata.  

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

50 minutes ago, Dwayne Hoover said:

The rise of Don Hutson with the vanishing of Fantasycurse is curious to say the least.

• Like 1
  • Thinking 2

1 minute ago, General Malaise said:

The rise of Don Hutson with the vanishing of Fantasycurse is curious to say the least.

Whoa 

Just now, Capella said:

Whoa 

C’mon, that never crossed your mind? First thing  I thought. You’re slipping. ;)

26 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

I don't believe this to be true.

FantasyCurse bought in at the beginning and ultimately sold.  Don seems to be a trader, he's been around for a while and I don't think FantasyCurse ever paid that much attention, he bought because Chet liked it.  Don does do his research, I will give him that.  Don't always agree with him but find myself agreeing with him a lot even when I am in the stock.

On 10/19/2020 at 7:59 AM, ChiefD said:

:punchestimeclock:

:punchestimeclock: