What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Protest-RIOT Thread*** Police Officers fleeing Seattle and urban areas. (1 Viewer)

Summer Wheat

Footballguy
This is blowing me away watching what is going on right now and actually thinking about not voting blue for the first time.  Portland is a disaster because of weak leadership, parts of Chicago are like the Wild West, Seattle is out of control.  Why is this not condemned and controlled by local leaders and officials?

Crime is soaring everywhere and our Dem leaders like Pelosi and Biden are not saying anything.  I don`t understand.  Nobody I know whatever your affiliation is wants this type of mass uncontrolled crime and chaos like what is going on in our cities. AOC is supposed to be a leader and yet she says nothing about what is going on.  Who on the Dem side is going to step up?

The Chicago PD leader is begging for federal assistance and help to control the violence as young are getting shot everyday.  If this keeps up this election year may not turn out as we thought.   

Last edited by a moderator:
This is blowing me away watching what is going on right now and actually thinking about not voting blue for the first time.  Portland is a disaster because of weak leadership, parts of Chicago are like the Wild West, Seattle is out of control.  Why is this not condemned and controlled by local leaders and officials?

Crime is soaring everywhere and our Dem leaders like Pelosi and Biden are not saying anything.  I don`t understand.  Nobody I know whatever your affiliation is wants this type of mass uncontrolled crime and chaos like what is going on in our cities. AOC is supposed to be a leader and yet she says nothing about what is going on.  Who on the Dem side is going to step up?

The Chicago PD leader is begging for federal assistance and help to control the violence as young are getting shot everyday.  If this keeps up this election year may not turn out as we thought.   
This is hyperbole and completely false. 

Case and point. What you see in that small section of the city where the protests are going on, yes, it looks like a war zone at times. It's basically at one or two buildings and then three different parks directly across the street. Here is how it looks compared to the rest of the city. The blue area covers more blocks than what I described, but it was hard to color just that small area.  https://i.ibb.co/yYRbCw5/portland-map.jpg

And I drove down last night at 9pm right when things usually get started. I pulled into the area and literally found a parking spot 2 blocks from the action! I observed Wheeler's speech and walked around to see what was happening. I've got some injuries at the moment so I just can't stick around that long and decided to leave around 11:30. When I walked the two blocks back to my car I actually chuckled at how small the area is where things are taking place. I myself had not gone down there because I thought it was a "war zone," but now that I know I'll probably go back more often for the early part of the protests.

Wrong forum dude.  Completely wrong forum. You will only get defending and deflecting here.  It's already started.
Defending is fine if it's backed by reason, science, or facts.  Saying things like, "you just hate Dems" and "Everything's great.  There is no problem," shouldn't be taken seriously.  Do a little better on your end and you will probably get better results.   

ETA - if it's so unfair here, why don't you go find a bubble where everyone agrees and you aren't asked to substantiate your opinion?

These are the new Trump voters.  People want to be safe.  I'm guessing the MSM doesnt even show the half of how bad it is.  I know here in MN the city is falling apart.  Murders are way up, people taking over parks camping in them, pooping in them, raping women  in them, doing drugs in them.  Chicago is the wild wild west.  The "racist" Trump is trying to help but getting nothing from the democratic leadership.  Blows my mind that if he's so racist why is he trying to help black people?  He's not even a good racist.  Democrats dont care about black people, never have read your history, they only come around every 4 years for the votes.  They've dumped them for the Hispanics and illegal aliens anyway.  Bigger voting block.  Its been shown they lower wages primarily affecting black people.  

Case in point, the economic zones Trump set up.  Its really helping minority folks. Prison reform.  I could go on and on but most refuse to look they can only think OMB.

Wrong forum dude.  Completely wrong forum. You will only get defending and deflecting here.  It's already started.
Or you’ll get first hand experience from people who live there...... 

Case and point. What you see in that small section of the city where the protests are going on, yes, it looks like a war zone at times. It's basically at one or two buildings and then three different parks directly across the street. Here is how it looks compared to the rest of the city. The blue area covers more blocks than what I described, but it was hard to color just that small area.  https://i.ibb.co/yYRbCw5/portland-map.jpg

And I drove down last night at 9pm right when things usually get started. I pulled into the area and literally found a parking spot 2 blocks from the action! I observed Wheeler's speech and walked around to see what was happening. I've got some injuries at the moment so I just can't stick around that long and decided to leave around 11:30. When I walked the two blocks back to my car I actually chuckled at how small the area is where things are taking place. I myself had not gone down there because I thought it was a "war zone," but now that I know I'll probably go back more often for the early part of the protests.

Right...Everything in Portland and Chicago is beautiful and wonderful  Nothing to see there from these first hand counts.  Righttttt.....
This take is fascinating from a smart guy who preaches around here not to listen to fake news and think for yourself.  So are you forming your thoughts on this first hand because you‘ve gone to Portland or are you forming your opinions based on the news you’re reading?

These are the new Trump voters.  People want to be safe.  I'm guessing the MSM doesnt even show the half of how bad it is.  I know here in MN the city is falling apart.  Murders are way up, people taking over parks camping in them, pooping in them, raping women  in them, doing drugs in them.  Chicago is the wild wild west.  The "racist" Trump is trying to help but getting nothing from the democratic leadership.  Blows my mind that if he's so racist why is he trying to help black people?  He's not even a good racist.  Democrats dont care about black people, never have read your history, they only come around every 4 years for the votes.  They've dumped them for the Hispanics and illegal aliens anyway.  Bigger voting block.  Its been shown they lower wages primarily affecting black people.  

Case in point, the economic zones Trump set up.  Its really helping minority folks. Prison reform.  I could go on and on but most refuse to look they can only think OMB.
He is not a new Trump voter, his shtick is constantly pretending to be a democrat while doing nothing but listing republican talking points as things he wants. He would be more believable if he did not start every post with "as a lifelong democrat" or something similar, real democrats don't do that.

This take is fascinating from a smart guy who preaches around here not to listen to fake news and think for yourself.  So are you forming your thoughts on this first hand because you‘ve gone to Portland or are you forming your opinions based on the news you’re reading?
Did you see the video of the shooting in front of the funeral parlor?  Thats as first hand account as you can get.  But its only black people so yeah.

I'm forming my thoughts on this board being significantly left leaning and no one will agree with the OP's position and the majority of the replies will be in denial of his thoughts or in defense of the activities in Portland and Chicago etc...

And I am right.  

As usual, you have misrepresented my position here.  I made no assessment of the situation in Portland.  I only made an assessment of this board's reaction.  

Did you see the video of the shooting in front of the funeral parlor?  Thats as first hand account as you can get.  But its only black people so yeah.
No I didn’t.
And don’t even attempt to paint me with that “it’s only black people so yeah” BS.  You don’t know me for #### so save that for #### someone else.  I don’t play those games around here so don’t play them with me.  

Now if you want to have a real discussion without acting like a #### I’m happy to do it.  

He is not a new Trump voter, his shtick is constantly pretending to be a democrat while doing nothing but listing republican talking points as things he wants. He would be more believable if you did not start every post with "as a lifelong democrat" or something similar, real democrats don't do that.
Are you taling about the thread starter?

Just to point out as well that as  PNW resident Portland and Seattle are some of the most desirable cities in the country to live in. People love it here and people want to move here. 

Contrary to the original post.  

I'm forming my thoughts on this board being significantly left leaning and no one will agree with the OP's position and the majority of the replies will be in denial of his thoughts or in defense of the activities in Portland and Chicago etc...

And I am right.  
Not sure I agree honestly.  I don’t agree the board is “significantly left leaning”.  It is absolutely significantly anti-Trump, no doubt.   

But that didn’t answer my question about your opinion.

And I am right.  

As usual, you have misrepresented my position here.  I made no assessment of the situation in Portland.  I only made an assessment of this board's reaction.  
As usual?  I do not believe this is our history.  Maybe you have me confused with someone else?  From my memory our interactions have usually been disagreements but cordial and lacking misrepresentation of either side.  

As usual?  I do not believe this is our history.  Maybe you have me confused with someone else?  From my memory our interactions have usually been disagreements but cordial and lacking misrepresentation of either side.  
Could be not you..I don't remember interactions  I have with people here.

I just provided a first-hand account of what is happening in Portland contrary to the OP's "opinion." Do you have anything factual or objective to add?
yes.  That this board is a terrible place to bring this topic up because it will be denied, deflected and totally shot down.   

That's it man.  I shall watch my prediction come true now.  Have a great day

why are you in here then?  If you are so oppressed try some other thread...
For the same reason I will go to CNN on occasion.  I like to see how the left is thinking.  As I also like to see how the right is thinking.  It's important to get the balance.  

For the same reason I will go to CNN on occasion.  I like to see how the left is thinking.  As I also like to see how the right is thinking.  It's important to get the balance.  
balance....lol

you just came in here shot everything down, made accusations and left.  

Before the riot was declared, Portland police said "multiple flares and other incendiaries" were thrown over the fence surrounding the courthouse, which resulted in fires. Source ABC news.  So other than grandmaw's throwing bombs portland is a great place to live.

I live up in capital hill and even when the protest zone existed it was actually kind of nice.  Streets were closed and it was much quieter than usual.  easier to walk around and get around by bike.  Crime was actually down during that period too because there were so many people out and about.

From the other thread about this same topic:

So Trump using Federal troops to raise division and cause confrontation is disgusting, but not surprising. There needs to be "chaos in Democrat cities" so he can do the "law and order, see I fixed it" tactic.

Which is why Portland is falling for the bait, unfortunately. The shark move would be walk away from the confrontation. Then he has nothing. Be smart.
They should deny Trump his stage for this. It's tempting, but he's fishing and they are biting. 

Ignoring all they hyperbole and exaggerations, you ask a lot of questions that could take days to unwrap, but for the most part, these are local issues to be handled by local officials.  That's the way this country works.  I find it odd that people who are supposedly for "smaller government" are now insisting on unConstitutional government overreach.  I don't understand that line of thinking and I don't think I'm really interested in understanding it.  It's simply wrong.  So when we're asking why Pelosi or Biden or whoever isn't doing something, the simple answer is, "it isn't their job".  Chicago's been a warzone for years through GOP controlled and DEM controlled federal governments.  If you ask this question of a GOP controlled federal government in the past, you'd get the answer I just gave you and they'd be correct.  It's not until now that the federal government has decided its ok to operate as a police state violating the independence of states from the federal government.  It isn't their place.  These are all local issues that the local citizenry will have to take responsibility for by using their power of the vote.  This has always been the case.  

Users who are viewing this thread