What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Protest-RIOT Thread*** Police Officers fleeing Seattle and urban areas. (1 Viewer)

killface said:
Just to point out as well that as  PNW resident Portland and Seattle are some of the most desirable cities in the country to live in. People love it here and people want to move here. 

Contrary to the original post.  
You're comparing recent events to a metric that takes some time to changes. Seattle and Portland used to be top 5-6. Now they are barely hanging on to top 10. If the crap continues they will fall out of the top 20.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't disagree with much here, but you ultimately hit on the major issue and that's the underlying systemic issues NOT addressed.  I can give a kid a $10K voucher to go to the best school in the entire state, but it doesn't matter if there aren't feasible resources available to take advantage of it.  And this is exactly why I push back on quite a lot of the "solutions" those resisting the notion of systemic racism offer up as evidence that we've corrected our ways.  I'll say 90% of these solutions address symptoms of the problem, not the problem itself.  That will help a few depending on circumstance, but it won't help ALL like addressing the actual problems would.  Too many have bought into the notion that using a bandaid where a tourniquet is required is acceptable.  It's not.  It won't ever be and we shouldn't settle for those "solutions".  
There a lot here to unpack, will stay focused.

What do you mean by this “I can give a kid a $10K voucher to go to the best school in the entire state, but it doesn't matter if there aren't feasible resources available to take advantage of it. ”

I would have thought giving a smart kid the 10k to go to a school that supports academic excellence would be a good thing?  Interested in what resources you mean are missing to take advantage of it...like a bus to get there as I said, or other things?

Also I see systemic racism a lot where I think systemic discrimination is much more appropriate.*

* before a bunch of people get upset and misinterpret I do believe racism and racists exist.

Between the post you replied to and this one I think I cut conservatives some understanding and slack.  I need to go the other way now.  Sorry!

Joe Bryant said:
I think there's a lot of this. I've had folks who I know are conservative talk about posting on the board and then just say "Nah". I wouldn't either if I were them. Just not worth it. 

Unless one just enjoys fighting, it'd be tons better to post on a board where you're not a tiny minority. 

It's honestly probably the biggest vulnerability of the board and why we'll continue to have mostly the one sided discussions we have. It is what it is. 
Seems pretty telling to me.  Especially for anyone that has seen the success of tiny minorities around here in winning converts and sometimes even becoming majority opinion.  And sure there are those that enjoy the fight but unless you count exhausting the opposition they don't really win arguments such that they change opinions. 

But there is nothing among these conservative folk's beliefs that are worth the trouble?  Nothing at all?  If they value these beliefs so little why should anyone else value them at all?   Like I said it is telling.

BladeRunner said:
What violence?  Apparently we have posters looking out their front window and seeing nothing.  All Clear!
:lol: .   I live here therefore I'm the utmost authority....let me tell you what I've heard is going on.  

You're comparing recent events to a metric that takes some time to changes. Seattle and Portland used to be top 5-6. Now they are barely hanging on to top 10. If the crap continues they will fall out of the top 20.  
Seattle traffic, cost of living is why Seattle would be considered less desirable not because of a mayor and protests happening in some spot downtown.

How many cities in any of these dumb “most desirable lists” are even run by Republicans?

Seattle traffic, cost of living is why Seattle would be considered less desirable not because of a mayor and protests happening in some spot downtown.

How many cities in any of these dumb “most desirable lists” are even run by Republicans?
There are four R run cities in the top 25, in order of population.  

San Diego 

Jacksonville 

Fort Worth

El Paso

djmich said:
Gianmarco, the National Museum of African American History and Culture published this.

White Culture

To me, its a terrible way to frame white culture in this context, because the implication is that its not all of our culture....and a lot of these things seem good (or at least support things that lead to employment and family structure).

What's your take on this?  Are there no differences in culture?  What do you think the museum was looking to highlight by publishing this?
@gianmarco still interested in your thoughts on this 

I was here through the WTO protests in the 90s...those were way worse.  

There are four R run cities in the top 25, in order of population.  

San Diego 

Jacksonville 

Fort Worth

El Paso
"With a crime rate of 40 per one thousand residents, Jacksonville has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes - from the smallest towns to the very largest cities. One's chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 25."

I guess it's not just Democratic mayors

My thoughts on that are mixed. 

Not sure when that was created and what it is sourced off of, but my first impression is the whole thing seems dated.

Culture exists. It's normally thought of as regional, such as European culture, South American culture, Asian culture, etc. But it can also be ascribed to most any groups that band together, whether due to geography or religion or, in this case, race. There is such a thing as black culture or Native American culture. 

So I understand where they are going with that poster. It looks more like "American" culture, especially from long ago, and due to being white-centric, it is getting called "white culture".

And that's where I think it breaks down. Because it's not the same as "white culture" in, say, Eastern Europe even though they are white. And those characteristics aren't attributable to race inherently but for the fact that America was a white majority in the past in terms of who was in charge and what was deemed good and what wasn't.

I'm not sure what context that poster was displayed as and I think it matters. If it's trying to represent things currently or as a way to think in today's world, it's wrong. If it's some kind of historical piece and it's dated, then it's just that. Do we even know when that was created?

There a lot here to unpack, will stay focused.

What do you mean by this “I can give a kid a $10K voucher to go to the best school in the entire state, but it doesn't matter if there aren't feasible resources available to take advantage of it. ”

I would have thought giving a smart kid the 10k to go to a school that supports academic excellence would be a good thing?  Interested in what resources you mean are missing to take advantage of it...like a bus to get there as I said, or other things?

Also I see systemic racism a lot where I think systemic discrimination is much more appropriate.*

* before a bunch of people get upset and misinterpret I do believe racism and racists exist.
Resources can be anything from transportation to the supplies required to go the school or the uniforms etc.  I know of specific cases where the closest "good" school that a parent would select for their kid is 45 minutes to an hour away.  The parent is working two jobs and simply can't get them there.  I also know people who acknowledge that the access to the school is great but they can't afford the "rest" of what it takes to be a student there.  Of course, the response (especially to the latter) can be "give them more money".  The prior is a significant problem as many simply won't be able to make it work and if they do, then there's the psychological impacts on the child basically going to school in a "different world" than where they spend most of their free time.  Most likely, there is virtually nothing familiar to a student going to one of those schools so far away and, sadly, the local community will often times look down on the family taking their child out of the local community to go somewhere else for school.  So now the kid isn't liked by their local community (as screwed up as that may be) and goes to school with a ton of people they have nothing in common with.  It takes a toll if I am to believe those who I've talked to about their situations.  

To your last point, discrimination based on race is the very definition of racism.  Any time you are determining a pecking order and race is a part of that determination, it's racism.  

My thoughts on that are mixed. 

Not sure when that was created and what it is sourced off of, but my first impression is the whole thing seems dated.

Culture exists. It's normally thought of as regional, such as European culture, South American culture, Asian culture, etc. But it can also be ascribed to most any groups that band together, whether due to geography or religion or, in this case, race. There is such a thing as black culture or Native American culture. 

So I understand where they are going with that poster. It looks more like "American" culture, especially from long ago, and due to being white-centric, it is getting called "white culture".

And that's where I think it breaks down. Because it's not the same as "white culture" in, say, Eastern Europe even though they are white. And those characteristics aren't attributable to race inherently but for the fact that America was a white majority in the past in terms of who was in charge and what was deemed good and what wasn't.

I'm not sure what context that poster was displayed as and I think it matters. If it's trying to represent things currently or as a way to think in today's world, it's wrong. If it's some kind of historical piece and it's dated, then it's just that. Do we even know when that was created?
Linky

Looks like it was created in 1978 and resurrected as part of today’s conversation.  Seems like you agree with Donald Trump Jr....hehe

I can't back it up because search sucks.  It is generally known though.  There was a time when political discussions were relatively even - both the left and the right were well represented in numbers and quality.

Things changed.  This forum took a distinct turn to the left.  Some people formerly on the right moved left (i.e. me), some on the right stayed where they are and the right moved further right making them left.  Some on the right stopped posting politics altogether.

It may or may not have coincided with the 2016 election.  I know i turned well before then (but after 2012 election).
Fruitless effort to have this discussion IMO.  The definition of "conservative" has changed significantly in the last 10 years nationally and here.  What passed for conservative then is labeled commie pinko today as the GOP and it's supporters sprint to the right and that's just politically.  Throw on top of that all the people who have jumped ship because while they might agree with political policy to an extent, they simply can't get on board with the moral corruption and blatant prejudices being peddled under the guise of "winning" and the comparison is just too apples and oranges for the terminology.  

Linky

Looks like it was created in 1978 and resurrected as part of today’s conversation.  Seems like you agree with Donald Trump Jr....hehe
All seems about right. It looks dated. I doubt it would be created in today's climate. And it was appropriately taken down.

Not sure what the big deal is about it in that context. :shrug:

All seems about right. It looks dated. I doubt it would be created in today's climate. And it was appropriately taken down.

Not sure what the big deal is about it in that context. :shrug:
Well someone thought it was relevant and based on the article I think people still do.  It wasn’t taken down because it was wrong.

djmich said:
Gianmarco, the National Museum of African American History and Culture published this.

White Culture

To me, its a terrible way to frame white culture in this context, because the implication is that its not all of our culture....and a lot of these things seem good (or at least support things that lead to employment and family structure).

What's your take on this?  Are there no differences in culture?  What do you think the museum was looking to highlight by publishing this?
I know you didn't ask me, but I scoff at stuff like this.  IMO, "white culture" doesn't exist, nor does "black culture".  To stop there and not understand the nationality, region of the world, culture that white skinned person comes from is a disservice to all.  A white person from Germany is going to be very different than a white person for Great Britain is going to be different than a white person from Russia is going to be different than a white person from Canada.  So when one stops at the 100,000 foot level of analysis, I don't think much of said analysis.

Well someone thought it was relevant and based on the article I think people still do.  It wasn’t taken down because it was wrong.
What's your point with all this?

It was created long ago. People now noted it and complained. The director of the museum apologized and took it down and said they erred in including it. That's how these things work.

That I agree with Donald Jr on this is supposed to be a gotcha? It's not. We probably agree that murder isn't good too.

Other than that, this wasn't some widespread issue. It's a single poster in a single museum that was dealt with. This would be a much bigger deal if a) someone just created it and put it up or b) they were asked to take it down for reasons we've discussed and they refused. Then I could see having more of a conversation on this. As such, thanks for bringing it up, not sure there's anything else to go over this.

Resources can be anything from transportation to the supplies required to go the school or the uniforms etc.  I know of specific cases where the closest "good" school that a parent would select for their kid is 45 minutes to an hour away.  The parent is working two jobs and simply can't get them there.  I also know people who acknowledge that the access to the school is great but they can't afford the "rest" of what it takes to be a student there.  Of course, the response (especially to the latter) can be "give them more money".  The prior is a significant problem as many simply won't be able to make it work and if they do, then there's the psychological impacts on the child basically going to school in a "different world" than where they spend most of their free time.  Most likely, there is virtually nothing familiar to a student going to one of those schools so far away and, sadly, the local community will often times look down on the family taking their child out of the local community to go somewhere else for school.  So now the kid isn't liked by their local community (as screwed up as that may be) and goes to school with a ton of people they have nothing in common with.  It takes a toll if I am to believe those who I've talked to about their situations.  

To your last point, discrimination based on race is the very definition of racism.  Any time you are determining a pecking order and race is a part of that determination, it's racism.  
Understand on your first point.  Difficult because again comparable school funding isn’t solving the problem either...would be interested in any data if you have that supports the positive impact.  I’d be shocked if not some.

On your last point, you introduced the word pecking order which I wasn’t really addressing.  I think pecking orders, depending on the context can imply racism yes.  I was thinking about the NIH link you sent me (great read, thank you) which specifically uses the word discrimination, not racism in the title.  The outcome is what matters to me, and as that article showed there were bad outcomes.  

I know you didn't ask me, but I scoff at stuff like this.  IMO, "white culture" doesn't exist, nor does "black culture".  To stop there and not understand the nationality, region of the world, culture that white skinned person comes from is a disservice to all.  A white person from Germany is going to be very different than a white person for Great Britain is going to be different than a white person from Russia is going to be different than a white person from Canada.  So when one stops at the 100,000 foot level of analysis, I don't think much of said analysis.
Well said.  When I was traveling all over the world for work this held true for all races.  The whites I met in different areas were all different in many ways.  The blacks I met were all different.  The chart is laughable in many ways..the same as if a white person made up a chart about black culture from their point of view.

White Culture- We like bland food.

Black Culture- We like hot sauce

White Culture- We like to save for the future and get ahead

Black Culture-  We like to spend money like drunken sailors

White women- Subordinate

Black women- We will kick our mans butt.

All of this is stereotypical and could go on forever with other races making up the lists about each other.  Sounds a little like Reggie Whites speech.

What's your point with all this?

It was created long ago. People now noted it and complained. The director of the museum apologized and took it down and said they erred in including it. That's how these things work.  To be clear, the people that complained were "Donald Trump Jr and a bunch of conservatives".  It wasn't taken down because it was wrong but because "its not working the way we intended" according to the museum.

That I agree with Donald Jr on this is supposed to be a gotcha? It's not. We probably agree that murder isn't good too.  No big gotcha, I didnt see that until I found the article for you that referenced when it was created...thought the alignment was funny....haha.

Other than that, this wasn't some widespread issue. It's a single poster in a single museum that was dealt with. This would be a much bigger deal if a) someone just created it and put it up or b) they were asked to take it down for reasons we've discussed and they refused. Then I could see having more of a conversation on this. As such, thanks for bringing it up, not sure there's anything else to go over this.  I think you're missing the point here and it seems like you are intentionally trying to miss the point.  When it was created doesnt matter the fact that someone thought it was relevant today does.  And again, they didnt take it down because they thought it was wrong.
See above.

I've talked about this several times on this forum, pretty sure with you.  My point overall is that there is this really fuzzy area called "culture" and unfortunately "sides" are trying to use it to their advantage with disregard for any thought.  Both sides.  What I struggle with is this idea that there are no cultural differences between people....and the close corollary that the only cultural difference between white and black is a result of slavery and racism.  Do you believe the last is true?  Are there any cultural differences between Asians Americans and white Americans?  Why does it seem generally "left" leaning thinking is trying to highlight the cultural differences between white and black...I would have thought this was fertile ground of the white supremacists.

This Article elaborates on some of what I referenced above.

How could anyone defend this let alone come up with this list in the first place. That could have easily been written by the Democrat founders and members of the KKK.  As a matter of fact you should have started a poll: KKKK or AA museum.  Who wrote this?  

See above.

I've talked about this several times on this forum, pretty sure with you.  My point overall is that there is this really fuzzy area called "culture" and unfortunately "sides" are trying to use it to their advantage with disregard for any thought.  Both sides.  What I struggle with is this idea that there are no cultural differences between people....and the close corollary that the only cultural difference between white and black is a result of slavery and racism.  Do you believe the last is true?  Are there any cultural differences between Asians Americans and white Americans?  Why does it seem generally "left" leaning thinking is trying to highlight the cultural differences between white and black...I would have thought this was fertile ground of the white supremacists.

This Article elaborates on some of what I referenced above.
The decline of this nation intensified when I entered the 4th grade I believe. That is when they started teaching America is a salad bowl. In third grade I was taught we were a melting pot. Many cultures mixed together to become one was changed to just many cultures. IMO this was the start of the decent. Heck it’s on our money (until the Democrats remove it) from many to one. Not any more sadly. 

Understand on your first point.  Difficult because again comparable school funding isn’t solving the problem either...would be interested in any data if you have that supports the positive impact.  I’d be shocked if not some.

On your last point, you introduced the word pecking order which I wasn’t really addressing.  I think pecking orders, depending on the context can imply racism yes.  I was thinking about the NIH link you sent me (great read, thank you) which specifically uses the word discrimination, not racism in the title.  The outcome is what matters to me, and as that article showed there were bad outcomes.  
I'm not sure what you mean by the bold and am not exactly sure what you're after so here's a few examples of which I speak:

A Little History with Anecdotal Evidence

Money Matters
It's Not Nothing
Impacts from Increased Funding

Perhaps what you mean above is you aren't seeing the fruits of the investment?  If so, that isn't all that surprising to me.  The money, obviously, has to be used correctly and that isn't always done.  Another factor is looking at long term vs short term.  Most of the research says that throwing money at things short term is almost always a bad idea.  Money can be the long game answer if you have competent, dedicated leadership focused on the kids.

urbanhack said:
This is hyperbole and completely false. 
Just going by what I see on the news.  Last night was not false or hyperbole and looked like a riot on TV, not peaceful at all.

So if they get to the courthouse what are they going to do?  I am all for people expressing themselves but what is going on now is senseless.

No need to get hostile, we can have a conversation about what is going on. The live shots seem pretty telling, or are they not showing the whole story?

See above.

First, I don't know much more about that poster/incident other than briefly reading what you linked. If someone still thinks that's relevant today, then I think they're wrong. I don't find that viewpoint conservative or liberal. If it aligns with conservatives, it doesn't bother me at all as I don't oppose conservative thinking 100% of the time. In fact probably far less than you might guess.

As to the second part you wrote, I do believe there is a link to "culture" differences between whites and blacks in this country that was a result of slavery and segregation. That is bound to happen when two groups live separately even in the same location. 

Are their cultural differences between Asian Americans and white Americans? Well, if those Asian Americans came from Asian culture or were brought up by parents or grandparents that grew up there and passed down those traditions, then of course. Those that are removed from that and grew up here will have more American culture than Asian culture. The problem is calling it "white culture". Again, it's more American culture. Same as German culture is different than Italian culture is different than Norwegian culture even though they are all mostly white. The lines blur because America was ruled by primarily by whites for so long and is erroneously used synonymously, IMO.  What may have been borne out of European white culture has evolved over time here and become what is American culture today. And, for example, that culture today is different than it was even 50 years ago. Some good, some bad, but still different. 

I'm not sure what you mean by the bold and am not exactly sure what you're after so here's a few examples of which I speak:

A Little History with Anecdotal Evidence

Money Matters
It's Not Nothing
Impacts from Increased Funding

Perhaps what you mean above is you aren't seeing the fruits of the investment?  If so, that isn't all that surprising to me.  The money, obviously, has to be used correctly and that isn't always done.  Another factor is looking at long term vs short term.  Most of the research says that throwing money at things short term is almost always a bad idea.  Money can be the long game answer if you have competent, dedicated leadership focused on the kids.
Yes, that is what I meant.  Thx for the links

Yes, that is what I meant.  Thx for the links
This is a pretty large stereotype I'm about to espouse here but i think part of the problem is america does not have much of a community oriented caring culture.  The number of stories i see where people are stealing from the school or the board or defrauding or paying their friends.  It seems we are almost incapable of spending money in a more benevolent and fair fashion.  No matter where you are there are so many people in it for themselves and that screws up the whole system

This is a pretty large stereotype I'm about to espouse here but i think part of the problem is america does not have much of a community oriented caring culture.  The number of stories i see where people are stealing from the school or the board or defrauding or paying their friends.  It seems we are almost incapable of spending money in a more benevolent and fair fashion.  No matter where you are there are so many people in it for themselves and that screws up the whole system
No doubt and unfortunately the most vulnerable communities are the easiest marks 

Well said.  When I was traveling all over the world for work this held true for all races.  The whites I met in different areas were all different in many ways.  The blacks I met were all different.  The chart is laughable in many ways..the same as if a white person made up a chart about black culture from their point of view.

White Culture- We like bland food.

Black Culture- We like hot sauce

White Culture- We like to save for the future and get ahead

Black Culture-  We like to spend money like drunken sailors

White women- Subordinate

Black women- We will kick our mans butt.

All of this is stereotypical and could go on forever with other races making up the lists about each other.  Sounds a little like Reggie Whites speech.
And yet...

There ARE assumptions made in business all the time, based on stereotypes which are generally correct. As a retail real estate agent, I know this to be true. 
Example: black folks in the inner city love fried chicken more than the rest of the population. That’s not a racist statement; it’s based on sales figures. That’s why, in my neck of the woods, there are more fried chicken franchises in Compton than in all of Orange County combined. Because they sell a lot more chicken. 

And yet...

There ARE assumptions made in business all the time, based on stereotypes which are generally correct. As a retail real estate agent, I know this to be true. 
Example: black folks in the inner city love fried chicken more than the rest of the population. That’s not a racist statement; it’s based on sales figures. That’s why, in my neck of the woods, there are more fried chicken franchises in Compton than in all of Orange County combined. Because they sell a lot more chicken. 
lol, why do they love fried chicken more?

:lol: .   I live here therefore I'm the utmost authority....let me tell you what I've heard is going on.  
So let me get this straight.  We can’t trust the media or the internet because it’s fake news and can’t trust first hand accounts now.  Ok.  So how are you coming to decisions on what’s going on anywhere other then what you’ve personally witnessed?

While I think they are one in the same, I do think using the term systemic discrimination might be better.  It's less accusatory and I could get behind that for sure.

Also, FWIW, I've appreciated this back and forth.  Even if we don't agree on everything, it's clear that there is some common ground and I have no issues discussing these things with folks that want to engage and are open minded to that difference of opinion.  It would be nice if others followed your lead on how the two "sides" can discuss issues such as this.  So thank you.

lol, why do they love fried chicken more?
Interesting read

I think this is probably one of those "cultural" things.  To begin with, fried chicken is more of a southern food.  So perhaps there's a link there.  I would guess that blacks in other parts of the world aren't into fried chicken like African-Americans.  Whether it's a false stereotype or there's truth to it from a cultural perspective, I couldn't answer that.  But I think it's akin to Asians eating rice.  Or, in general, southerners eating grits compared to northerners.  It's a cultural thing and what they grew up with. 

While I think they are one in the same, I do think using the term systemic discrimination might be better.  It's less accusatory and I could get behind that for sure.

Also, FWIW, I've appreciated this back and forth.  Even if we don't agree on everything, it's clear that there is some common ground and I have no issues discussing these things with folks that want to engage and are open minded to that difference of opinion.  It would be nice if others followed your lead on how the two "sides" can discuss issues such as this.  So thank you.
Yes, I'm sure someone will be able to pull out a websters dictionary or something along those lines and say they are the same but I do think delineating is constructive.

The common argument is that the "system" is racist and then that causes a bunch of arguing.  For me, I think of system and I think of something like a PC operating system or a bunch of laws.  By and large and I think we can all agree our society has done good to make those not racist and not discriminatory (cant say 100%).  This shouldn't be a point of contention but unfortunately I think it is and unnecessarily creates friction and dissension from the main goal.

Now, do we have racists and opportunists as operators within the system.  Absolutely and thats not going to change for a long time unfortunately.  Is it the system or laws thats the problem or the operators?  Largely its the operators.  The police force to me is a great example.  Nowhere does it say kneel on black peoples necks but not white peoples.  The system we have collectively designed doesn't support that.  But there are bad operators.

The outcome is the same, but I think the words are loaded and it would be so much better if we could rally around fixing the operators than the "system".  Or...if there are specific system elements to change (laws, rules, etc), lets call them out specifically vs saying the whole thing (and for many people that translates to America) is shot.

So let me get this straight.  We can’t trust the media or the internet because it’s fake news and can’t trust first hand accounts now.  Ok.  So how are you coming to decisions on what’s going on anywhere other then what you’ve personally witnessed?
It’s just quite the coincidence that the first hand accounts always fall in line with the posters track record in here and political agenda......who would have ever guessed!😂

Yes, I'm sure someone will be able to pull out a websters dictionary or something along those lines and say they are the same but I do think delineating is constructive.

The common argument is that the "system" is racist and then that causes a bunch of arguing.  For me, I think of system and I think of something like a PC operating system or a bunch of laws.  By and large and I think we can all agree our society has done good to make those not racist and not discriminatory (cant say 100%).  This shouldn't be a point of contention but unfortunately I think it is and unnecessarily creates friction and dissension from the main goal.

Now, do we have racists and opportunists as operators within the system.  Absolutely and thats not going to change for a long time unfortunately.  Is it the system or laws thats the problem or the operators?  Largely its the operators.  The police force to me is a great example.  Nowhere does it say kneel on black peoples necks but not white peoples.  The system we have collectively designed doesn't support that.  But there are bad operators.

The outcome is the same, but I think the words are loaded and it would be so much better if we could rally around fixing the operators than the "system".  Or...if there are specific system elements to change (laws, rules, etc), lets call them out specifically vs saying the whole thing (and for many people that translates to America) is shot.
Gonna quote myself lol...but to elaborate a little more because there's a few elements here.  system, racist and discriminatory.

When I read The Commish's link about discriminatory lending practices by and large my interpretation was that the system (lending operations) was being executed in a bad way (ex. in a 2008 financial collapse way).  The lending practices dis-proportionally harmed minorities because frankly they were easier marks and people gonna prey on easier marks.  Was Morgan Stanley racist because they wanted a bunch of subprime loans, not in my view....but did it trickle down to what ended up to be practices that harmed the black population and that I would therefore deem discriminatory, yes.  Probably poor people discriminatory and for sure black people discriminatory.

It’s just quite the coincidence that the first hand accounts always fall in line with the posters track record in here and political agenda......who would have ever guessed!😂
Same can be said for first hand accountS of those reporting the opposite.  So my question still stands.  

This just sucks for Portland that on top of everything else they have to deal with this from the federal government of all people. I feel for them.

If people are so wrapped up in news sources maybe just follow the local news. The Portland Oregonian is the oldest, largest paper / news site in Oregon, they are on the scene with real time info. 

They used to have a very active forum also but unfortunately the platform killed that a while back, would love to know what the people are saying there in real time.

Users who are viewing this thread