What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pick-a-Player -- 3.01: Clyde Edwards-Helaire, Kenny Golladay, or Todd Gurley (1 Viewer)

Given the scenario below, who would you select?

• Clyde Edwards-Helaire

Votes: 12 20.3%
  • Kenny Golladay

Votes: 38 64.4%
  • Todd Gurley

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • Other/None of these three

Votes: 2 3.4%

• Total voters

Clayton Gray

Just call me Carlton
Staff member
Let's make another decision in the Pick-a-Player series. Every couple of days, we'll give you a situation and ask you to pick one of three players.

A couple of days later, the results will be published on the Footballguys website along with select comments from this thread.

So, let's get to it

It's the 3.01 pick in a standard 12-team, PPR draft. You have already drafted Christian McCaffrey and George Kittle, and the players listed below are off the board. Would you select Clyde Edwards-Helaire, Kenny Golladay, or Todd Gurley? Or would you pass on all three?

Starting lineup: 1 QB, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 TE, 1 flex (RB/WR/TE), 1 PK, 1 Def

QB Patrick Mahomes, KC/10
QB Lamar Jackson, BAL/8

TE Travis Kelce, KC/10
TE George Kittle, SF/11

RB Christian McCaffrey, CAR/13
RB Saquon Barkley, NYG/11
RB Ezekiel Elliott, DAL/10
RB Alvin Kamara, NO/6
RB Dalvin Cook, MIN/7
RB Derrick Henry, TEN/7
RB Joe Mixon, CIN/9
RB Nick Chubb, CLE/9
RB Josh Jacobs, LV/6
RB Kenyan Drake, ARI/8
RB Miles Sanders, PHI/9
RB Austin Ekeler, LAC/10
RB Aaron Jones, GB/5

WR Michael Thomas, NO/6
WR Davante Adams, GB/5
WR Tyreek Hill, KC/10
WR DeAndre Hopkins, ARI/8
WR Julio Jones, ATL/10
WR Chris Godwin, TB/13
WR Mike Evans, TB/13

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it is pick 3.1.

Prefer Golladay over both the RBs, especially with already having McCaffrey on board.

While CEH has the upside, he and Gurley both have huge downsides. I'll take the safe young star over the risky ones. 

Highly unlikely that Golladay is still there at pick 25.

More realistically, I might be looking at Austin Ekeler or Mark Andrews there. 

If i took a WR @ 2.12 then I take CEH here.

If I took a RB @ 2.12 then I take Golladay here.

Taking into account the previously selected players, I take Galloday here because I would have taken Melvin Gordon @ 2.12.

ETA: I now see i am supposed to have taken Kittle at 2.12.  So I would take Gordon.

Both RBs have serious flaws that could land them in the perpetual "could have a good week if they get more than 10 touches", which IMO is the worst type of player, since it always feels like you are chasing last weeks points, where they get 20 on your bench and then 4 in your lineup. 

CEH will need to grab touches from Damien Williams while having less opportunities at training camp to work into the system, as well as show he can pass block in the NFL to keep the 0.5 billion dollar man up. 

You never know when Gurley's knees will flare up or how limited in touches he will be. 

Golladay or a similar tier WR makes sense since you need to start 3 of them. I can also see the rationale to grab another RB if there is one you like since you don't pick for a while, just personal preference I would not grab either of those 2 until a round or two later. 

Kenny G.

I don't trust CEH for fantasy purposes this year.  Due to COVID-19, rookies are missing a lot of the off-season activities.  There's no pre-season.  I don't think Damien Williams is good, but he's very good in the KC system.  I see no reason to bench him and highly use CEH when Williams has been so effective.  I worry that they're in a pretty even split and my 3rd round pick is seeing 10-12 touches a game.  

Gurley is such a mystery box.  If I told you that one of these 3 players had knee issues, that would probably  be the one  near the bottom of the list.  What if I told you the guy with the knee issues is on a whole new team in a new system?  It's entirely possible his struggles were due to the o-line, and he upgrades in Atlanta.  But knee issues and a new team in the 3rd round--I'll let someone else roll those dice.  

Kenny G is really the only certain guy of the 3.  In 8 games with Stafford, he was on pace for 70/1280/14.  He should be in line for another big season with the band back together.  

If this was not a Covid-19 offseason I'd go with CEH, but since I believe no real preseason leaves him behind Williams Galloday is an easy choice.

I took Golladay on the previous poll (I selected other in the poll) which was an earlier pick than this so if he is still here at this point I would select him easily over the other two choices.  I just worry about the downside of the other two choices and I prefer Golladay over what other players are left as well. 

Like the others, I'd take Golladay. But if it's a keeper league, CEH would be tempting. I tend to prefer having an anchor at each major position instead of overloading at one, even if it's RB.

Golladay>CEH>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Gurley

ARob and DJM should be considered here IMO

I'd have Robinson equal to KG and DJM to CEH

Of these I’m taking Golladay pretty easily. He and DJ Moore and ARob are about even but I’d give Golladay the advantage due to known QB situation. 

CEH might have the best upside as a season changer late, but with no training camp I think he will be too far behind the learning curve to have value until late (he would be a good trade target early to mid season). Additionally having CMC helps to wait on RB and see what comes back at the next turn. 

Gurley wouldn’t be a consideration here but would be at the next set if he makes it back.

Users who are viewing this thread