What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020 Mid Year Song Draft - Round 7 Saturday, Round 8 Sunday (1 Viewer)

7... Bee Bee Sea- daily jobs

Spotify threw these guys at me last year or so...Italian garage band. Every track in my wheelhouse, even their cover of Live for today/piangi con me

8...rolling stones w/Jimmy page- scarlet

After what feels like 20 years of the stones trying to refind the blues in the worst, most boring possible old white guy ways, they threw this 70s jangly throwback down...with Jimmy page. Combines both sounds in expected (nothing groundbreaking here) ways... but ways that always worked for me. Haven't even remotely liked a stones related tune in a long while.

Northern Voice said:
These guys totally won me over when I saw them live this year/feels like five years ago

8.nv - Strangers - Mt Joy
whoa, they have a new album out?  How did Spotify not tell me about that one after how much I listened to their last album :hot:  

Slowing it down for Old Farts Monday

I can't let this excellent album go unrecognized.  I wouldn't call this one the best track on the record but it's up there and it works for our purposes here.  Who doesn't love a nice jangly Veddery slow jam?   Don't answer that.

9.jz  Pearl Jam - Comes Then Goes
Funny... I had a PJ song possibly pulled for this too. After taking the stones, not sure I have it in me though. But when I listened to the album it too felt like it harkened back to when I actually like them.

Funny... I had a PJ song possibly pulled for this too. After taking the stones, not sure I have it in me though. But when I listened to the album it too felt like it harkened back to when I actually like them.
Not to spotlight but DotC is probably the best track conventionally speaking, and my fave is Quick Escape, but I like this one for the big mix

Let's do round 9 today

10, 11 tomorrow

12, 13 Wednesday

14, 15 Thursday,

Then see where we stand. Today is a holiday in Canada, not sure about down south.

:thumbup:  yeah.. it's a good album, right up there with anything post-Yield

btw gb, I don't want to be a #### or burst your bubble, but that stones song was recorded when we were still pooing our pants
No bubble burst- thanks for pointing it out. makes sense too, since it was actually...good.

If it's not a 2020 recording, I'll toss it back.

No bubble burst- thanks for pointing it out. makes sense too, since it was actually...good.

If it's not a 2020 recording, I'll toss it back.
yeah I had it on release radar at some point and thought the same at first

I'm not sure if there's a rule, since it was never released before.. certainly no offense to me

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys!  Can I play, too?

I gotta admit, this feels like a down year for good, new albums.  I've got a dozen or so songs that have bubbled up into favorites after some repeat listens, but very few that caused me to fall in love upon the first hearing them.  I've also been struggling all year to find an entire albums worth of enjoyable songs.  I'd currently rate Pearl Jam's Gigaton album as my clubhouse leader, but I'm extraordinarily biased towards them as they're arguably my favoritist band eva!  Looking forward to listening to your suggestions in hopes that I've just been listening to the wrong stuff and missing all the goodies that I'm sure are out there.  So without further adieu, allow me to provide my favorite songs from this year and get caught up with the group...

1 - End Of - Biffy Clyro 
This sucker's been putting lead in my pencil since it was first released.  The more I hear it, the more I love it.  Looking forward to the entire album drop sometime later this year.

2 - Move Me - Badflower
I'm still very much in love with this band.  This is actually an older song that they just finally released as a single this year so I'm counting it.  One of my favorites to see them perform live.

3 - Shakin' Off The Rust - The Blue Stones
The single was released late last year but should be on an album later this year.  Got to see them live back in Feb before the world went to crap.  I really enjoyed their previous album and hold out hopes the new one could be an AOTY contender based on their previous work.  Plus, the video is kinda fun.

4 - The Rush - JJ Wilde
She was the opener for The Blue Stones show I went to.  I've got a few of her songs on my favorites list, but I feel this is her best one.  Another artist worth following based on her existing work.

5 - She - Harry Styles
Hadn't paid any attention to Harry's career but gave his new album a spin earlier this year and enjoyed it.  This is one of the few songs that I immediately added as a favorite before it even completed.  I dig the instrumental jam towards the end.  Good song for getting busy.

6 - Father of All - Green Day
I wasn't a huge Green Day fan growing up, but I've really enjoyed their last two albums.  If you'd have played me this song without telling me who it was, I would NEVER have guessed Green Day.   There are a couple I could have gone with, but I settled on the title track.  Good stuff.

7 - Wasted - My Morning Jacket
Got to the instrumental jam in the middle of this song and immediately added it to my favorites.  Another album where I struggled to pick my favorite.  There are a few good ones on here.

8 - Better - Milk Teeth
I love me some grungy girl music and this just feels the grungiest.

9 - Mister Impossible - Phantogram
Had higher hopes for this album as I'm a big fan of the band, but this was the only song that really stood out to me.  Love the groove.

So that's what I've got so far.  I look forward to shuffling this sucker to see what I've been missing.  Lots of bands and songs I've never heard of.

Peace!

J

Users who are viewing this thread