Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Tick

Opt-outs

Recommended Posts

Patrick Chung opted out.  That boosts Adrian Philips and Kyle Dugger.

Donte Hightower opted out.  That boosts Ja'Whuan Bentley.

 

What else do people see out there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Patsfan39 said:

I’m a little behind on this. Can a player not opt back in?

Good question, per this article they can not come back.

 

Quote

Players have until Aug. 3 to opt out of the season. That decision is final and they won’t be allowed to return. Players with preexisting conditions get a $350,000 stipend and those who opt out for other reasons receive $150,000.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Patsfan39 said:

I’m a little behind on this. Can a player not opt back in?

Correct

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, acarey50 said:

Good question, per this article they can not come back.

 

 

8/3 is not really correct.

The deadline for players to opt out of the 2020 season will fall no earlier than Tuesday, Aug. 4, multiple sources tell Mike Florio of PFT. The deadline could also fall later, depending on how fast the NFL and the NFLPA complete their paperwork. The NFL and the NFLPA verbally agreed to the opt out provision, but they have yet to fully execute the side agreement. Per their deal, the deadline will fall seven days after everything is formally signed.

As far as I have seen, the deal has not been signed yet.

Edited by JoeSteeler
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Star Lotulelei Opted out. For those of us in leagues that start 2 DT, this bumps up Vernon Butler quite a bit and Harrison Phillips to a lesser extent.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JoeSteeler said:

8/3 is not really correct.

The deadline for players to opt out of the 2020 season will fall no earlier than Tuesday, Aug. 4, multiple sources tell Mike Florio of PFT. The deadline could also fall later, depending on how fast the NFL and the NFLPA complete their paperwork. The NFL and the NFLPA verbally agreed to the opt out provision, but they have yet to fully execute the side agreement. Per their deal, the deadline will fall seven days after everything is formally signed.

As far as I have seen, the deal has not been signed yet.

Got it - was just quoting the Yahoo article.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, acarey50 said:

Got it - was just quoting the Yahoo article.

No worries...sorry if that came off as snippy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, JoeSteeler said:

No worries...sorry if that came off as snippy

Definitely was not taken that way, all good

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/28/2020 at 5:58 PM, Tick said:

Patrick Chung opted out.  That boosts Adrian Philips and Kyle Dugger.

Donte Hightower opted out.  That boosts Ja'Whuan Bentley.

 

What else do people see out there?

Yes. Philips probably is the box safety.

Patriots lost all four linebackers from last year(Collins, Roberts, Hightower, VanNoy). So it may be that they go more 4-3. In which case Bentley is boosted. Or they may have Uche play off the ball like Hightower. This boosts Uche.  and blitz on passing downs according to this article... https://patriotswire.usatoday.com/2020/05/03/josh-uches-role-on-the-patriots-defense-may-prove-surprising/

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CJ Mosley is the latest to forego the season.  Take him off your redraft lists and look for Burgess, Hewitt, and Cashman to fight it out.  Hewitt put up good points last year while healthy as did Burgess.  I probably lean towards Burgess

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Adam Schefter

@AdamSchefter

Opt-out deadline for NFL players is now expected to be moved up to either Tuesday or Wednesday, per league sources, depending on talks this weekend. NFL is pushing to move up the deadline from one week after the new CBA side-letter is signed, and it now is expected even sooner.

more on this https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/08/01/nfl-pushes-for-shorter-opt-out-window/

Edited by JoeSteeler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Gally said:

CJ Mosley is the latest to forego the season.  Take him off your redraft lists and look for Burgess, Hewitt, and Cashman to fight it out.  Hewitt put up good points last year while healthy as did Burgess.  I probably lean towards Burgess

Cashman got a shot before both of them as a rookie and looked good doing it til he went down. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/1/2020 at 5:29 PM, MAC_32 said:

Cashman got a shot before both of them as a rookie and looked good doing it til he went down. 

Im going with Burgess as option #1, but Cashman can play inside next to him pretty easily.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The NFL and the NFL Players Association have agreed that players will have the ability to opt out of the 2020 season through Thursday, August 6, at 4:00 p.m. ET. After that, players may opt out under only limited circumstances.

According to the document outlining the final opt-out procedures, a copy of which PFT has obtained, a player may opt out after August 6 if he he receives a new diagnosis that he suffers from one of the “Higher Risk” factors. If that occurs, the player will have one week after receiving the new diagnosis to opt out.

Also, if a player has a family member die or become hospitalized due to COVID-19 after August 6, the player will be eligible at that point to opt out.

Beyond those two categories, players can’t opt out after August 6. Technically, they can still retire and un-retire; however, some players may have to refund teams for unearned signing bonus payments.

Ideally, players would have two more limited windows to decide whether to opt out: (1) after padded practices begin; and (2) after games begin. That’s when all players will have a chance to see whether they feel safe and comfortable playing 11-on-11 football in a pandemic, and that’s why they all should get extra opportunities to tap out.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/08/04/nfl-allows-for-changed-circumstances-opt-outs-after-thursday/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.