What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Do you think violence/looting is justified during protests? (1 Viewer)

Do you think looting/violence is justified during current protests?

• Yes

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • No

Votes: 142 94.0%

• Total voters
I would have thought something like a pandemic would, but maybe you are right. 
Yeah I was hoping this whole pandemic thing would unite people but Trump and others have taken it so far up the conspiracy/Political ladder theres no hope. I hate to say it but I think another 9/11 type event needs to happen for that to work again. I remember despite only being in 8th grade just how friendly and nice everyone was to one another after that. 

Jesus Christ I just found this on my friends facebook post today about a school resource officer!!!!!! I Blanked out names besides the department of Police it is The fact this happened at my school is crazy as we've never had issues like Teachers banging students or other things. I wouldn't say our resource officers were great either. most were bullies who always escalated most issues. They use to stop my one friend constantly after he had been arrested over the summer for possession of some pot. The sad thing is they charged him with possession on intent to sell yet it was only enough for him to get a few puffs out and it was done. So that whole next school year they use to bully and intimidate him constantly with searches or stopping him and asking him where he was going. This isn't the same friend who posted this though

"So my particular ACAB story is how the school resource officer **** ***** of the Havertown Police Department, would, whenever he felt the need to search an AMAB student, would juggle the balls. We, being early 2000's literal teenagers didn't know the language too much to call this sexual assault. And it wasn't just me, I remember back then I made a joke about reporting him with a friend back then. We need to get police out of our schools, and to abolish them. The fact I went to a school of 500 or so people and happened to not nearly be the only one who was sexually asaulted by an officer is telling. Mind you, I never saw it that way personally at the time and for about 10 years, and a lot of the male students didn't is telling. Lord knows what the troublemakers who were women went through when I went there."

Jesus Christ I just found this on my friends facebook post today about a school resource officer!!!!!! I Blanked out names besides the department of Police it is The fact this happened at my school is crazy as we've never had issues like Teachers banging students or other things. I wouldn't say our resource officers were great either. most were bullies who always escalated most issues. They use to stop my one friend constantly after he had been arrested over the summer for possession of some pot. The sad thing is they charged him with possession on intent to sell yet it was only enough for him to get a few puffs out and it was done. So that whole next school year they use to bully and intimidate him constantly with searches or stopping him and asking him where he was going. This isn't the same friend who posted this though

"So my particular ACAB story is how the school resource officer **** ***** of the Havertown Police Department, would, whenever he felt the need to search an AMAB student, would juggle the balls. We, being early 2000's literal teenagers didn't know the language too much to call this sexual assault. And it wasn't just me, I remember back then I made a joke about reporting him with a friend back then. We need to get police out of our schools, and to abolish them. The fact I went to a school of 500 or so people and happened to not nearly be the only one who was sexually asaulted by an officer is telling. Mind you, I never saw it that way personally at the time and for about 10 years, and a lot of the male students didn't is telling. Lord knows what the troublemakers who were women went through when I went there."
That's too bad...at our school about a decade ago there was a heroin problem...a couple of the school resources are credited with not only helping get it it out of the schools but changing the culture with regard to this...I was at a panel about this where one of the students detailed how his life as an addict was saved by one of the Resource Officers...one of the most powerful things I have ever seen...kid basically said he would have died without him.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's too bad...at our school about a decade ago there was a heroin problem...a couple of the school resources are credited with not only helping get it it out of the schools but changing the culture with regard to this...I was at a panel about this where one of the students detailed how his live as an addict was saved by one of the Resource Officers...one of the most powerful things I have ever seen...kid basically said he would have died without him.
We've had a issue with this in our school and country for awhile now. It didn't get big until after we all graduated HS though and we've had a few fallen into this and die. Theres a movie coming out from one of the producers who has done a few music Docs in Sept called "Sno Bunny" It's about 2 white girls from suburbia America with scholarships to good colleges addicted and hiding it from oblivious parents. It's suppose to show how this isn't just a poor people issue 

Comparing this poll to the one where that asks how you lean politically and if the centrist % is also removed (25%) from the people who support looting.   

The left leaners who support looting are closer to 25% to 30%.
I suspect it's Trump supporters who answered that they support looting, in order to cast aspersions.  Make it a public poll and I suspect the results will be quite different.

We've had a issue with this in our school and country for awhile now. It didn't get big until after we all graduated HS though and we've had a few fallen into this and die. Theres a movie coming out from one of the producers who has done a few music Docs in Sept called "Sno Bunny" It's about 2 white girls from suburbia America with scholarships to good colleges addicted and hiding it from oblivious parents. It's suppose to show how this isn't just a poor people issue 
I would hope most people don't see opioid issues as a poor people's problem...I know many of the wealthy high schools in Massachusetts have had their share of difficulties with this over the years...this junk doesn't care how much your you or your parents make, once it gets its claws in you you're in for a bad ride.

I suspect it's Trump supporters who answered that they support looting, in order to cast aspersions.  Make it a public poll and I suspect the results will be quite different.
I dont think so.    I think you can find at least 8 posters on the left who qualify.   

• Laughing
Reactions: rct
I would hope most people don't see the opioids as a poor people's problem...I know many of the wealthy high schools in Massachusetts have had their share of difficulties with this over the years...this junk doesn't care how much your you or your parents make, once it gets its claws in you you're in for a bad ride.
Yeah unfortunately some believe its just a poor people issue. But what they don't realize through their lack of education or sheer ignorance on the issue is that most the OD's are from white people in wealthy areas. The issue now is the drug isn't pure and laced with fetenyle. That's what kills most of them. Yes Heroine itself is terrible and kills you but people aren't realizing its stronger laced. Thinking they are getting pure stuff inject at a higher dose essentially OD without knowing they did so. Most of the issues in my area now are unfortunately those who were addicts who fell off the wagon. Had a friend who moved to Texas who was an attack bad farming accident and the drs being idiots put him on pain meds laced with oxy and other stuff that gets you addicted to the stuff. Started using again (most use at the same does they had when they left off) and OD and died. 

Here's the sad part on all of this. I had a friend who went to Public HS till 9th grade (Transferred to Catholic HS in 10th). Was riding his bike to get to his GF so they could go for a Bike Ride in the city. He died of a hit and run from a chest wound. What I said everyone was thinking afraid to say it was "At least this wasn't another OD. It still sucks but this hurts more because theres nothing we could've done to help in this situation. Where as for Art, Rob, Jesse, Justin, Scott, etc we knew they had issues or needed help and tried to?" After I said that most said they were afraid to say it but agreed. Our buddy was a Chief in Philly and part time co owner of a new restaurant. They had just help feed the homeless a few days before. I'm more mad at this point because theres guys and girls who do not care about their lives and addicts we've tried to help. Somehow they are alive but my buddy who helps anyone and always called me for some football/Eagles question gets hit by someone and dies? It just isn't fair 

:confused:  "Sorry JB"?
Joe Bryant 

ETA Please consider that I know you are a very good person. The work you do to help the poor is admirable.  I wasn't taking shots at your friends either.  That was directed at elected officials and someone like Shapiro born into more money than I can even imagine.

Thank you Joe for what you do for those that need help the most.  @Joe Bryant

I disagree. It's a worse look to protest than to do nothing.
The vet wasn't involved until Colin had already decided to protest and was doing so by sitting on his behind. The vet wrote him a letter and ended up then meeting with him. He told Colin it was a bad look to be sitting on the bench and that it looked like he didn't want to be part of the team or just aloof.

The kneeling was an image adjustment, not a factor in whether or not he would protest.

I disagree. It's a worse look to protest than to do nothing.
The vet wasn't involved until Colin had already decided to protest and was doing so by sitting on his behind. The vet wrote him a letter and ended up then meeting with him. He told Colin it was a bad look to be sitting on the bench and that it looked like he didn't want to be part of the team or just aloof.

The kneeling was an image adjustment, not a factor in whether or not he would protest.
The image adjustment is what made it a worse look. It's the act of being assertive instead of passive.

If you sit for the anthem, no one can tell if you're protesting, being lazy, or following the official Flag Code for people who are unable to stand. Taking a knee signals which one of those options you've chosen.

I'll be honest. I didn't know that before. 

I saw the tweet https://twitter.com/BLMChi/status/1292906262674526210?s=20 and thought it wasn't real. Then saw the account has almost 58,000 followers. 
I was being a little hyperbolic, but in all seriousness, if you you're not front and center condemning the looters and the rioters and instead saying that "we understand the frustration" then you're a step removed from condoning it. That's the way life is. When your movement's marches spawn that kind of violence, you darn well know that you'd better be painstaking in condemnation of it or you'll be seen as supporting it. Think about Trump and the marches with white nationalists showing up in support of them. People easily made the leap that in order to truly condemn these people, he must speak out.

It's the new rule, apparently, but it reveals an ugly way of getting to the truth. The sad fact is that it seems ugly because it is ugly. 

Are we sure this isn't James O'Keefe again? This seems like something he would do. Nobody could be this...this...I'll let you all fill in the blank. 

• Thinking
Reactions: rct
Are we sure this isn't James O'Keefe again? This seems like something he would do. Nobody could be this...this...I'll let you all fill in the blank. 
That's what I mean. It seemed fake to me.

Has anyone higher up addressed it? I'm sure Ben Shapiro and crew will be shouting about it. 

That's what I mean. It seemed fake to me.

Has anyone higher up addressed it? I'm sure Ben Shapiro and crew will be shouting about it. 
It is not fake. 

Ariel atkins is mentioned and quoted in the media plenty before this incident. 

Ariel Atkins, of Black Lives Matters Chicago, calls for defunding the Chicago Police Department during a protest Thursday outside Cook County Jail

Side note: I would say there is a good chance she is homophobic too based in her comments in that story. 

I would hope most people don't see opioid issues as a poor people's problem...I know many of the wealthy high schools in Massachusetts have had their share of difficulties with this over the years...this junk doesn't care how much your you or your parents make, once it gets its claws in you you're in for a bad ride.
Just so true.  Good friend(55 yrs old) with a net worth of over 30 million died a year ago from a heroin overdose(pill form).  My former brother in law who was business partners with the before mentioned friend is on the same path.   He has been to treatment/rehab at least 8 times.  Just can't shake it.

See, this is where I think the distinction should be made.   One member of BLM supports this and thinks this way, but I don't think it's correct to say "BLM supports this".   

They need to get this under control and address this in some way.  I am starting to get nervous that this going to help Trump get re-elected.  

See, this is where I think the distinction should be made.   One member of BLM supports this and thinks this way, but I don't think it's correct to say "BLM supports this".   

They need to get this under control and address this in some way.  I am starting to get nervous that this going to help Trump get re-elected.  
Look at how many times we hear "they are insured" "If you are upset about looting and not the police you are part of the problem" "Looting is the physical manifestation of grief" "the tea party was basically the same thing"

Look they havent come out and said "yay looting", but they haven't exactly hid their beliefs on the matter(until now obviously). 

How about they get it under control because its a terrible idea.

Users who are viewing this thread