What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The 2020 Presidential Debates (the elephant in the room) (1 Viewer)

Opie

Footballguy
So, what do you think?

Is Biden looking at a, "Damned if you do....damned if you don't" situation or, will he dazzle all with his debating skills?

How do you see the outcome if he chooses to debate President Trump?
What repercussions (if any) will he face if he elects not to take the stage?
If he chooses not to debate...how will it be spun?

Bottom line when it comes to Biden....will he or won't he?

He will.  It will be an embarrassment on both sides, Biden doing his Biden thing and Trump doing his.  Trump supporters will dunk on Sleepy Joe for his performance and Trump haters will dunk on Trump for his.  Almost no one will change there current position and another opportunity will be lost in a pointless “show” of a debate.  

Biden will come out and do an OK job....which will be more positively amplified because Trump supporters have repeatedly set the bar so low for his abilities.  Net gain for Biden. 

Biden will come out and do an OK job....which will be more positively amplified because Trump supporters have repeatedly set the bar so low for his abilities.  Net gain for Biden. 
Yeah.  In the history of televised presidential debates, I think the bar has been set lower for Biden than any other candidate other than, arguably, Trump.  

assuming they're both in an empty auditorium and on the same stage (i.e. not some kind of garbage Zoom debate),  Trump is at a disadvantage since he won't be able to play to a crowd and feed off their reaction. as long as Biden doesn't stumble too much or reference Corn Pop, it's a net win for him. 

The only thing Biden needs to say upon any questions posed to him is this:

"Mr. Trump assigned a cabinet position to Alex Acosta, the man who let Jeffrey Epstein get away with decades of child rape.  Your turn, Mr. Trump".  

And that's it.  Just over and over and over.

assuming they're both in an empty auditorium and on the same stage (i.e. not some kind of garbage Zoom debate),  Trump is at a disadvantage since he won't be able to play to a crowd and feed off their reaction. as long as Biden doesn't stumble too much or reference Corn Pop, it's a net win for him. 
I think that debates should occur without an audience in the same room

• Thinking
Reactions: rct

"Mr. Trump assigned a cabinet position to Alex Acosta, the man who let Jeffrey Epstein get away with decades of child rape.  Your turn, Mr. Trump".  

Ooooh....an accusation!!

That would be something different from the Left !!

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Laughing

Then after Trump responds with "BUT HUNTER BIDEN!", Joe can respond by saying "Now watch me drink a glass of water with just one hand."

If the Trump campaign was smart they would be running ads to make sure Biden does them...there has already been a few trial balloons floated out there about no debates or having strings attached to them...Joe has a tough time handling scripted stuff right now, not sure how he is gonna handle looking coherent in three debates.

There wont be an elephant in the room at the first debate. Trump will bail first.

lol fat drunk thumbs

• Thinking
He will.  It will be an embarrassment on both sides, Biden doing his Biden thing and Trump doing his.  Trump supporters will dunk on Sleepy Joe for his performance and Trump haters will dunk on Trump for his.  Almost no one will change there current position and another opportunity will be lost in a pointless “show” of a debate.  
Yep....

I don't think Biden will do a debate because of dementia.  Hope I'm wrong.

I don't think Biden will do a debate because of Trump's dementia. Hope I'm wrong.

Biden should just say that he's boycotting the debates because the TV networks have been very, very unfair to him.

And when asked to clarify, he should just say, "Many people are saying it. You know what I mean." and then shuffle away.

That's what an alpha would do.
Do you think he could remember all that?

It seems to be a lot for him to recite.

• Laughing
And Trump will do anything besides answer the questions.  And no matter what he does his supporters will claim he was awesome.

Can anyone honestly  say he  will change someone’s mind?  Think he will say anythjng meaningful?

And Trump will do anything besides answer the questions.  And no matter what he does his supporters will claim he was awesome.

Can anyone honestly  say he  will change someone’s mind?  Think he will say anythjng meaningful?
And no matter what he does, those afflicted with a certain syndrome will claim otherwise.    :shrug:

Funny how that works.

“No puppet”

Trump counting on the debate(s) helping him is a desperate long shot, but it’s about all he’s got.

The “I’m scary authoritarian Trump” act has backfired with exactly the demographic he was courting: the “Suburban Housewives” as he likes to call them. They’re not impressed. 

• Thinking

No.

That's why it's not going to help Trump.  Trump will A) attack the Obama years and B) push a weak narrative( because he's not going to come out and say that Biden is lacking his faculties in the debate) that Biden will be a pushover for the Left.  

Same tired rhetoric.  

The only difference is that you have to cut and paste to make it funny with President Trump.
With Biden...just keep the camera running.

Of course...nobody's voting for Biden...they're voting for the Democrat Party.
Or voting against Trump.

I’d make a deal to vote for Pence in turn for Trump dropping out. That’s the level of incompetence we’re suffering through that we desperately need to get out from under.

300K dead by the end of the year. Enough is enough.

The fact that anyone thinks one of these candidates is substantially better than the other in terms of coherence and performance is ridiculous.

I mean Biden won't lie and call Trump names and can probably use some of his experience as a real public servant, but other than that it's a coin toss.

The fact that anyone thinks one of these candidates is substantially better than the other in terms of coherence and performance is ridiculous.

I mean Biden won't lie and call Trump names and can probably use some of his experience as a real public servant, but other than that it's a coin toss.
...not even a "Lying, Dog faced, pony soldier?"
or does he save that kind of talk for the voter?

Biden won't lie....because he never has?
Not about his full academic scholarship in college (half scholarship)...or graduating with three degrees (one degree) and as the, "Outstanding Political Science Student" at Syracuse Law School (not)?
Not even about finishing at the top of his class ( in fact, 76th in a class of 85)
You think that he'll dwell much on that time he got arrested in South Africa on his way to visit Nelson Mandella?
Maybe he'll bring up his plagiarism....at law school and in politics...maybe?

Of COURSE he won't lie....he never has in his past !!

I wonder if he would mention his crime bill....that was good and speaks volumes about his experience as a real public servant.

Yeah...this guy is a lock to tell the truth. Take it to the bank.

“No puppet”

Trump counting on the debate(s) helping him is a desperate long shot, but it’s about all he’s got.

The “I’m scary authoritarian Trump” act has backfired with exactly the demographic he was courting: the “Suburban Housewives” as he likes to call them. They’re not impressed. 
And now he’s touting Telehealth. Newsflash: Seniors hate Telehealth. It reminds them of the pandemic, and people want to visit their Dr in person.

Do simple market research Donald and Co. Big miss there.

I don't think Trumpfans should bank too much on Biden's mental faculties collapsing in a debate.  He seems to manage it pretty well in debates for the most part, unless Trump can get him way off script.  He doesn't handle anger well.  It would look bad to oversell the 'dementia' stuff if Biden comes across somewhat lucid.  Trump is no spring chicken either.

I think there is plenty of evidence that Biden is deteriorating mentally, but I think they've figured out how to manage it in short windows.  

Users who are viewing this thread