What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Extreme Cheapskates on TLC (1 Viewer)

I've seen bits and pieces of this - I'd rather just forgo things than do some of the stuff these people do.

Yep, but beyond that assume all reality TV is fake. House hunters is fake, the MTV shows are fake, they are all fake. 
We watch a bunch of HGTV shows, and I wonder how much of them are scripted, especially with the curious occurrences in every episode of some semi-disastrous event with the house that is being renovated. 

I have quite a few first hand experiences of reality tv. My wife applied to go on house hunters a while ago, you need to already be in escrow to go on the show, then you look at 2 houses that are not yours, then the one that is yours, 100% fake. A friend went on the show Trading Spaces. It is also 100% fake, where you pretend to do some renovation for a minute, then the camera cuts out and a crew comes in and finishes the job. Another friend was on one of the early 2000 MTV shows where a girl dates 2 guys, and then chooses one (or the inverse), I cannot remember the name of it. They are not given a script, but they are told what to talk about for the whole show, and people are intentionally made to look like the heel. 

We watch a bunch of HGTV shows, and I wonder how much of them are scripted, especially with the curious occurrences in every episode of some semi-disastrous event with the house that is being renovated. 
One of my favorite examples was when Tariq on Flip or Flop LA was swinging a sledgehammer at bathroom tile in shorts and flip flops with a Rolex on his wrist.  :rolleyes:  So, so fake.

Users who are viewing this thread