What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Footballguys Subscriber Contest is LIVE (5 Viewers)

I had posted 2 days earlier, and had bye conflicts.  Decided WTH and kept the team and bye conflicts.  3 of my 6 RB's are off week 11
I was happy with mine and the bye conflicts with only 2 of my WR's having same bye week, but I have 7 WR's so hopefully nothing trips any of them up. Everyone else is well spread out. Just like last year nothing dazzling and instead of studs/duds, went Meh...

Just goes to show how few subscribers actually dig into the threads.  Joe offered the deal of a lifetime, and still only 67 out of 10207 took him up on his incredible offer.
Absolutely! a decent chance at a lifetime membership.....too easy to pass up!

Just goes to show how few subscribers actually dig into the threads.  Joe offered the deal of a lifetime, and still only 67 out of 10207 took him up on his incredible offer.
Oh, I read it.  But I knew that having an entry 12 hours ahead of time was an exercise in futility.  And I was right.  My final iteration came at 11:35 last night.  I think.  Might have been slightly later.  And I've never hated a team I've put together as much as I do this one.  But then again, I've never even made the final 250, so maybe that's a good sign (it's not). 

Dak Prescott - $19
Matthew Stafford - $14

This is the first time in years that I've limited myself to two QBs, so I wanted guys who could potentially score high every week.

Alvin Kamara - $32
Austin Ekeler - $26
Jonathan Taylor - $21
Cam Akers - $18
Phillip Lindsay - $11

Obviously, this is where I spent my money, and I'm looking for the two rookies to progress and get me some later-season scores.

DJ Moore - $23
Adam Thielen - $21
Cee Dee Lamb - $12
Jerry Jeudy - $12
Alan Lazard - $7
Bryan Edwards - $3

I like Moore and Thielen here, and then had to fill in with a whole lot of guys I'm taking chances with.

Blake Jarwin - $9
Jonnu Smith - $9

A couple of guys who are probably due for breakout seasons.  Easily my weakest position, but I couldn't bring myself to spend up at TE with so many possibilities elsewhere.

Jason Myers - $4
Sam Sloman - $2

Non-descript, sure.  But these two guys have EIGHT games against WAS, NYG, NYJ, CHI, ARI and LAR.  Four of those eight are during the playoffs.  

Colts - $3
Giants - $2
Cardinals - $2

I never spend on defense.  The only reason I went with the Colts was because this final roster gave me an extra dollar to spend.

I'm currently in 6086th place :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Enterd my final iteration late last night. Knew of Joe's offer, but why would I deprive myself of 12 hours of fun changing and tinkering? Here goes

QB - Russell Wilson - SEA/6 - $17
QB - Matthew Stafford - DET/5 - $14

Toyed with 3 QBs of Goff, Tannehill and Carr but decided to go with 2 that have the potential to put up top 1-3 numbers any given week. Also liked the early week 5 & 6 byes. Really liked Brady at his $15 price as well but that week 13 bye was killer. Hoping I don’t regret going with just 2 QBs.

RB - Clyde Edwards-Helaire - KC/10 - $27
RB - Josh Jacobs - LV/6 - $26
RB - Kareem Hunt - CLE/9 - $17
RB - Zack Moss - BUF/11 - $10
RB - Antonio Gibson - WAS/8 - $9

Really wanted to add another RB but couldn’t find the extra $. Thought more would be in on CEH but I’m OK being somewhat unique here. Had Aaron Jones and Thompson here as well but swapped them out for Hunt and Moss. I didn’t trusts Thompson staying healthy with only 5 RBs total and felt Hunt was good value. Hoping Moss can take over the majority of Buffalo’s running game. Gibson was a no-brainer.

WR - D.J. Chark - JAX/7 - $17
WR - Marvin Jones - DET/5 - $13
WR - Diontae Johnson - PIT/8 - $13
WR - CeeDee Lamb - DAL/10 - $12
WR - Preston Williams - MIA/11 - $12
WR - DeSean Jackson - PHI/9 - $9
WR - Marquez Valdes-Scantling - GB/5 - $3
WR - Bryan Edwards - LV/6 - $3

I liked the distribution of bye weeks with these WRs. All should have the potential to have a big game any given week. Went back and forth between Fuller and Johnson.  Liked them both and wish I could have carried both but that week 10 bye was a deal breaker. DeSean Jackson seems to be overlooked and hopefully he can stay healthy. MVS had a couple of big games last year when healthy and reports out of Green Bay are very positive. I expect him to out-produce Lazard.

TE - Tyler Higbee - LAR/9 - $15
TE - Hayden Hurst - ATL/10 - $15
TE - Chris Herndon - NYJ/11 - $7

Really liked this combo of TEs. Hopefully the 3 H’s and the 1.5 PPR can help me here and I can get a flex score from them as well occasionally.

PK - Dustin Hopkins - WAS/8 - $2
PK - Stephen Gostkowski - TEN/7 - $2
PK - Sam Sloman - LAR/9 - $2

3 cheap kickers that should hopefully hang on to their jobs.

TD - Tennessee Titans - TEN/7 - $3
TD - Las Vegas Raiders - LV/6 - $2

Like the Titans D and the early bye.

Total value: 250

Jealous?*

* Don't be. I never do well in this contest but man, do I have fun

Oh, I read it.  But I knew that having an entry 12 hours ahead of time was an exercise in futility.  And I was right.  My final iteration came at 11:35 last night.  I think.  Might have been slightly later.  And I've never hated a team I've put together as much as I do this one.  But then again, I've never even made the final 250, so maybe that's a good sign (it's not). 

Dak Prescott - $19
Matthew Stafford - $14

Alvin Kamara - $32
Austin Ekeler - $26
Jonathan Taylor - $21
Cam Akers - $18
Phillip Lindsay - $11

DJ Moore - $23
Adam Thielen - $21
Cee Dee Lamb - $12
Jerry Jeudy - $12
Alan Lazard - $7
Bryan Edwards - $3

Blake Jarwin - $9
Jonnu Smith - $9

Jason Myers - $4
Sam Sloman - $2

Colts - $3
Giants - $2
Cardinals - $2

I'm currently in 6086th place :)

I had you down as the first of the 67, bummer.   

To be fair, there wasn't a lot of time to see the post and react. For example, I was out of town on Tuesday night, so I didn't see it until about 8:30 yesterday morning. If I wasn't retired, I would have been at work by then and probably wouldn't have seen it at all until it was too late to post my lineup.

Now that the contest has started is there any easy way to get a properly formatted list of your team?   

I started with Mahomes and built a 23 player roster around him. And I really like Taysom Hill at $3. 

Patrick Mahomes       $27                                                                                               
Dwayne Haskins         $5                                                                                                      
Taysom Hill            $3                                                                                                         
-------------------------
Nick Chubb            $26                                                                                                           
Austin Ekeler         $26                                                 
Josh Jacobs           $26                                                             
Frank Gore             $3                                  
A.J. Brown            $22                                                        
Marvin Jones          $13                                                               
Mecole Hardman        $10                                             
John Ross              $5                                                   
Chase Claypool         $4                                                
Marquez Valdes-Scantling   $3                                                                                 
Bryan Edwards          $3                                                                         
Mark Andrews          $22                                                        
Zach Ertz             $20                                                  
Jared Cook            $13                                                                           
Justin Tucker          $6                                                    
Stephen Gostkowski     $2                                                               
Sam Sloman             $2                                              
Minnesota Vikings      $4                                                         
Seattle Seahawks       $3
Cincinnati Bengals     $2                                              

QB ownership (most to least common)

Roethlisberger - 2377
Newton - 1463
Minshew - 1446
Prescott - 1439
Stafford - 1401
Burrow - 1401
Rivers - 1392
Wilson - 1210
Brady - 1194
Brees - 983
Carr - 944
Mahomes - 939
Lock - 883
Cousins - 881
Murray - 866
Bridgewater - 832
Fitzpatrick - 817
Jones - 759
Jackson - 737
Goff - 589
Taylor - 576
Tannehill - 546
Rodgers - 539
Haskins - 504
Ryan - 494
Tagovailoa - 483
Watson - 453
Garoppolo - 443
Darnold - 359
Trubisky - 344
Mayfield - 300
Allen - 297
Wentz - 187
Hill - 163
Foles - 137
Hurts - 112
Winston - 100
Dalton - 87
Herbert - 63
Love - 41
Mariota - 24
Stidham - 13

My combo of Watson/Cousins is owned by only 26

Had a busy week and wasn’t on the forum so I missed Joe’s post but here’s my team. 

Jared Goff                 LAR/9         $12     
                                                                                Ben Roethlisberger   PIT/8          $11

Jalen Hurts                 PHI/9         $2                                                                                                           

Tons of good values at QB so this was difficult for me.  In the end I think Goff and Big Ben both end up as low end QB1’s this year and should give me a solid floor as well as a high weekly ceiling.  Hurts is a super athlete at QB, playing behind likely the most injury prone QB in the league.  I think there’s a decent chance of some startable games and possibly a Tebow-esque fantasy run at some point this year.  Worth the gamble for $2.

Alvin Kamara          NO/6     $32                                                                                                        

Jonathan Taylor     IND/7    $21                                                                                                           

J.K. Dobbins           BAL/8    $16                                                                                                           

Boston Scott          PHI/9      $11                                                                                                           

Chris Thompson    JAX/7     $5

I wanted Barkley but went with Kamara due to an earlier bye week.  There is some small worry about his contract status but I think he’s a pretty safe bet to produce top 5 numbers.  Taylor is an elite talent running behind arguably the best offensive line in the NFL.  Dobbins is a similar level talent but has more competition in Ingram.  With an injury to Ingram he becomes a potential league winner, but I expect solid work either way.  Scott is a guy I feel is being overlooked.  Miles Sanders is not going to get all the work and is already dealing with some injuries. Thompson is cheap and likely to get some good PPR numbers before he likely gets hurt.  Just want a bit of a bridge until my rookies take on bigger workloads.  Passed on Antonio Gibson as I think that is fools gold, at least this season.  

Adam Thielen          MIN/7     $21                                                                                                       

Calvin Ridley           ATL/10   $21                                                                                                           

Marquise Brown     BAL/8     $16                                                                                                           

Marvin Jones          DET/5     $13                                                                                                           

Steven Sims            WAS/8     $7                                                                                                            

Bryan Edwards        LVR/6      $3     

I immediately identified Theilen and Ridley as underpriced, and looks like I am not alone in thinking that.  Brown is the perfect best ball WR.  Jones is continually underrated and I think the Lions offense as a whole is in for a big year.  Loved what I saw from Sims last year and I think he will get a lot of receptions in WAS.  Edwards is a starting WR for $3 so everyone will likely have him                                                                                                     

T.J. Hockenson       DET/5     $14                                                                                                           

Mike Gesicki           MIA/11     $12                                                                                                           

Jonnu Smith           TEN/7        $9                                                                                                           

Eric Ebron               PIT/8          $8                                                                                                           

I’m really high on Hockenson.  I expect a Mark Andrews level breakout from him this year.  Gesicki is a guy who I think will be inconsistent but will have some monster games.   Jonnu Smith I think will be a top 10 TE this year.  Ebron is a guy who I don’t think many people are talking about.  He will be inconsistent but there is a lot of upside with him in the Pittsburgh passing offense.  Wouldn’t want to rely on him as an every week option but I think he will have his fair share of big weeks.  Like most years I am trying to get at least one flex from the TE position most weeks.  

Austin Seibert             CLE/9   $3                                                                                                           

Chris Boswell              PIT/8     $3                                                                                                          

Stephen Gostkowski  TEN/7   $2                                                                                                           

Cheap and different bye weeks

Jacksonville Jaguars  JAX/7      $2                                                                                                           

Detroit Lions                DET/5       $2                                                                                                         

Arizona Cardinals      ARZ/8        $2                                                                                                           

Las Vegas Raiders      LVR/6        $2   

Cheap and different bye weeks.  Bad defenses but all it takes is a defensive score to post a respectable number.  

I started with Mahommes and built a 23 player roster around him. And I really like Taysom Hill at $3.
Hill's upside seems like a few games with a random touchdown run/catch, while Winston is the same price but his upside is top 10 QB if Brees goes down.

Curious as to why you thought Hill was the better roster selection.

Qbs

Big Ben

Minshew

Cousins

Carr

RBs

Jacobs

David Johnson 

Zach Moss

Gibson

McKinnon

Chris Thompson

Malcolm Brown

WR

Metcalf 

Chark

Diontae

Slayton

Lazard

Shenault

Bryan Edwards

JJAW

TEs

Waller

Ebron

Knox

K

Butker

Tucker

Prater

D

Dal

LV

Tennessee

Miami

Hill's upside seems like a few games with a random touchdown run/catch, while Winston is the same price but his upside is top 10 QB if Brees goes down.

I don't think anyone knows who will start if Brees went down.  Could be Hill or could be Winston.

Had a busy week and wasn’t on the forum so I missed Joe’s post but here’s my team. 

Jared Goff                 LAR/9         $12     
                                                                                Ben Roethlisberger   PIT/8          $11

Jalen Hurts                 PHI/9         $2                                                                                                           

Tons of good values at QB so this was difficult for me.  In the end I think Goff and Big Ben both end up as low end QB1’s this year and should give me a solid floor as well as a high weekly ceiling.  Hurts is a super athlete at QB, playing behind likely the most injury prone QB in the league.  I think there’s a decent chance of some startable games and possibly a Tebow-esque fantasy run at some point this year.  Worth the gamble for $2.

Alvin Kamara          NO/6     $32                                                                                                        

Jonathan Taylor     IND/7    $21                                                                                                           

J.K. Dobbins           BAL/8    $16                                                                                                           

Boston Scott          PHI/9      $11                                                                                                           

Chris Thompson    JAX/7     $5

I wanted Barkley but went with Kamara due to an earlier bye week.  There is some small worry about his contract status but I think he’s a pretty safe bet to produce top 5 numbers.  Taylor is an elite talent running behind arguably the best offensive line in the NFL.  Dobbins is a similar level talent but has more competition in Ingram.  With an injury to Ingram he becomes a potential league winner, but I expect solid work either way.  Scott is a guy I feel is being overlooked.  Miles Sanders is not going to get all the work and is already dealing with some injuries. Thompson is cheap and likely to get some good PPR numbers before he likely gets hurt.  Just want a bit of a bridge until my rookies take on bigger workloads.  Passed on Antonio Gibson as I think that is fools gold, at least this season.  

Adam Thielen          MIN/7     $21                                                                                                       

Calvin Ridley           ATL/10   $21                                                                                                           

Marquise Brown     BAL/8     $16                                                                                                           

Marvin Jones          DET/5     $13                                                                                                           

Steven Sims            WAS/8     $7                                                                                                            

Bryan Edwards        LVR/6      $3     

I immediately identified Theilen and Ridley as underpriced, and looks like I am not alone in thinking that.  Brown is the perfect best ball WR.  Jones is continually underrated and I think the Lions offense as a whole is in for a big year.  Loved what I saw from Sims last year and I think he will get a lot of receptions in WAS.  Edwards is a starting WR for $3 so everyone will likely have him                                                                                                     

T.J. Hockenson       DET/5     $14                                                                                                           

Mike Gesicki           MIA/11     $12                                                                                                           

Jonnu Smith           TEN/7        $9                                                                                                           

Eric Ebron               PIT/8          $8                                                                                                           

I’m really high on Hockenson.  I expect a Mark Andrews level breakout from him this year.  Gesicki is a guy who I think will be inconsistent but will have some monster games.   Jonnu Smith I think will be a top 10 TE this year.  Ebron is a guy who I don’t think many people are talking about.  He will be inconsistent but there is a lot of upside with him in the Pittsburgh passing offense.  Wouldn’t want to rely on him as an every week option but I think he will have his fair share of big weeks.  Like most years I am trying to get at least one flex from the TE position most weeks.  

Austin Seibert             CLE/9   $3                                                                                                           

Chris Boswell              PIT/8     $3                                                                                                          

Stephen Gostkowski  TEN/7   $2                                                                                                           

Cheap and different bye weeks

Jacksonville Jaguars  JAX/7      $2                                                                                                           

Detroit Lions                DET/5       $2                                                                                                         

Arizona Cardinals      ARZ/8        $2                                                                                                           

Las Vegas Raiders      LVR/6        $2   

Cheap and different bye weeks.  Bad defenses but all it takes is a defensive score to post a respectable number.  
One of my favorite Roosters right here.  Props!

To be fair, there wasn't a lot of time to see the post and react. For example, I was out of town on Tuesday night, so I didn't see it until about 8:30 yesterday morning. If I wasn't retired, I would have been at work by then and probably wouldn't have seen it at all until it was too late to post my lineup.

Roethlisberger - 2377
Newton - 1463
Minshew - 1446
Prescott - 1439
Stafford - 1401
Burrow - 1401
Rivers - 1392
Wilson - 1210
Brady - 1194
Brees - 983
Carr - 944
Mahomes - 939
Lock - 883
Cousins - 881
Murray - 866
Bridgewater - 832
Fitzpatrick - 817
Jones - 759
Jackson - 737
Goff - 589
Taylor - 576
Tannehill - 546
Rodgers - 539
Haskins - 504
Ryan - 494
Tagovailoa - 483
Watson - 453
Garoppolo - 443
Darnold - 359
Trubisky - 344
Mayfield - 300
Allen - 297
Wentz - 187
Hill - 163
Foles - 137
Hurts - 112
Winston - 100
Dalton - 87
Herbert - 63
Love - 41
Mariota - 24
Stidham - 13

Only 297 believers in Josh Allen? I like my chances. 

For me it was because simply for the fact of COVID/Injury protection if my starter (Ryan) is on bye and the #2 (Big Ben) was say injured or on COVID report (Case in point I only had Brees/Ljax last year and it almost bit me in week 9).

That Random TD or catch or rush is still worth more points than no QB at all, it was simply insurance. $3 was an easy cost in that equation. 

Roethlisberger - 2377
Newton - 1463
Minshew - 1446
Prescott - 1439
Stafford - 1401
Burrow - 1401
Rivers - 1392
Wilson - 1210
Brady - 1194
Brees - 983
Carr - 944
Mahomes - 939
Lock - 883
Cousins - 881
Murray - 866
Bridgewater - 832
Fitzpatrick - 817
Jones - 759
Jackson - 737
Goff - 589
Taylor - 576
Tannehill - 546
Rodgers - 539
Haskins - 504
Ryan - 494
Tagovailoa - 483
Watson - 453
Garoppolo - 443
Darnold - 359
Trubisky - 344
Mayfield - 300
Allen - 297
Wentz - 187
Hill - 163
Foles - 137
Hurts - 112
Winston - 100
Dalton - 87
Herbert - 63
Love - 41
Mariota - 24
Stidham - 13

Had a feeling Roethlisberger would be over-exposed. 

I’ll have to play with it to see Ryan/Roethlisberger. - Ryan is much lower ownership than I expected.

Only 7 teams have the triple R at QB (Ryan/Roethlisberger/Rivers

of those, only one other has JuJu

and I am the ONLY team to boast those 3 QBs, JuJu & Henry. 

Send it! 

:pickle:

Hill jumped to #2 on the depth chart over Winston this week. But regardless, he can score some points in a variety of ways even if Brees is #1 and he could be top 10 if Brees is out.

Daniel Jones          $13      
Joe Burrow            $11      
Tua Tagovailoa         $5      

Yes, I know Tua has the same bye as Jones, but I just like the potential for a couple blow-up weeks later in the season thrown in there. Not worried about Jones early schedule as it's already been reported there's no cut line for week 1, and very shallow cut line week 2.

Josh Jacobs           $26      
James Conner          $23      
Boston Scott          $11      
Zack Moss             $10      
Benny Snell            $4      

Risky RB selection, but I thought Jacobs was a great value, plus the early bye,  and as of right now Snell is the backup to Conner. Even if Sanders stays healthy, I believe Philly will sprinkle in enough Scott to make him valuable. Same with Moss. 

D.J. Chark            $17      
Michael Gallup        $16      
Will Fuller           $15      
CeeDee Lamb           $12      
Deebo Samuel          $12      
Preston Williams      $12      
Steven Sims            $7      
Bryan Edwards          $3      

Big believer in Dallas passing game, but having both Gallup and Lamb could cost me. I just think one of them outshines Coop this year. Everyone has Edwards. I think Sims will double his value/cost ratio. Fuller is perfect for best ball. I think the Minshew/Chark combo is good for at least 4 50yd+ TD bombs this year. I think Samuel comes back and becomes target 1B to Kittle's 1A.

T.J. Hockenson        $14      
Dallas Goedert        $11      
Jonnu Smith            $9      
Chris Herndon          $7  

More high risk/reward here, but I think I might sneak a flex score from the TE position at least every other week.

Dustin Hopkins         $2      
Stephen Gostkowski     $2      
Sam Sloman             $2    

Meh, kickers..wanted 3, and I hope at least 2 keep their jobs.

Tennessee Titans       $3      
Seattle Seahawks       $3  

I might be overreacting to the Clowney signing a bit, but he is from my home town (Football City, USA) and both Tennessee and Seattle have relatively early byes.

this isn't necessarily the case at all......you have no way of knowing one way or another what the number was who checked in here at some point.....just because they didn't post after the offer (or post at all) .....doesn't mean they didn't check in earlier when all the free "hints and suggestions and strategies" were being tossed around....

this isn't necessarily the case at all......you have no way of knowing one way or another what the number was who checked in here at some point.....just because they didn't post after the offer (or post at all) .....doesn't mean they didn't check in earlier when all the free "hints and suggestions and strategies" were being tossed around....
And all those tasty tasty lineups we ~67 posted - I admit, I very nearly blew off Joe’s offer to go bold with 2-QB since so many others were doing it.  I was also tempted to tinker with RBs when I saw a couple I’d sort of overlooked at their value.

i opted to stick with it & get my better odds on Joe’s special offer, but it was a tough decision for sure. I could have easily been dropped out of that due to the overwhelming urge to tinker. 

On a related note it’s crazy how you can stare at a list so many times - 100 or more iterations, and STILL miss a guy. 

Users who are viewing this thread