Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Shaunz33

Footballguys Subscriber Contest is LIVE

7 hours ago, TheWinz said:

Just goes to show how few subscribers actually dig into the threads.  Joe offered the deal of a lifetime, and still only 67 out of 10207 took him up on his incredible offer.

I had too much going on and waited too long to do my lineup. I really wanted in on it, but just wasn't ready.

Not like it matters because I always look back and think, WTF was I thinking with this lineup?

One year, I missed the cut in week 4 or 5 by less than one point. Other than that week, I was above the cut line all season. I would have been crushed in the finals, but I think I would have made the top 250. Just a really bad week for me

• Like 1

@Joe Bryant

Joe,

Your contest is hands down, the best contest for fantasy football. I LOVE this contest.

My favorite year was when my coworkers all played. We had a blast. I usually do pretty bad but I look forward to it each year. I usually do two entries because I like it so much.

Two years ago, I decided at 11:30 PM, the day before the first game to enter a second time. By the time I signed up, paid, etc... I had about 10 minutes left to enter my 2nd entry.

Like my usual screw ups, my second entry was almost an exact copy of my first entry. LOL.. I think I went out in weeks 3 and 4 that year.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ConstruxBoy said:

Well, mission accomplished of having a team with more unique studs. No one over 2000 teams at my top QB, top 2 RB, top 3 WR and top 2 TE. 

Biggest risk is not having flood insurance.  The week 4 Uber popular guys go off, it’ll drown those without. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, chocula said:

How many teams have Courtland Sutton? He just hurt his shoulder./

And Golladay popped his hammy yesterday. 

looks like 666 owners for Golladay ( :o well that’s an unfortunate number) and 642 for Sutton.

hopefully neither are too serious. Lower ownership for both than I’d expected. 

Edited by Hot Sauce Guy
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

My 30-player roster:

8.6% - QB - Kirk Cousins - MIN/7 - $8
13.6% - QB - Philip Rivers - IND/7 - $8
9.2% - QB - Derek Carr - LV/6 - $7

10.2% - RB - Derrick Henry - TEN/7 - $30
24.6% - RB - Josh Jacobs - LV/6 - $26
46.7% - RB - Antonio Gibson - WAS/8 - $9
8.4% - RB - Benny Snell - PIT/8 - $4
6.9% - RB - Frank Gore - NYJ/11 - $3

11.3% - WR - Michael Thomas - NO/6 - $33
5.2% - WR - Julian Edelman - NE/6 - $15
7.5% - WR - Deebo Samuel - SF/11 - $12
10.9% - WR - Parris Campbell - IND/7 - $7
3.0% - WR - Corey Davis - TEN/7 - $6
11.4% - WR - Laviska Shenault - JAX/7 - $5
3.4% - WR - TreQuan Smith - NO/6 - $3
9.5% - WR - Marquez Valdes-Scantling - GB/5 - $3
26.1% - WR - Bryan Edwards - LV/6 - $3

5.3% - TE - Zach Ertz - PHI/9 - $20
10.4% - TE - Darren Waller - LV/6 - $17
4.2% - TE - Irv Smith - MIN/7 - $8
1.8% - TE - Jordan Akins - HOU/8 - $3

21.8% - PK - Chris Boswell - PIT/8 - $3
6.3% - PK - Dustin Hopkins - WAS/8 - $2
23.5% - PK - Stephen Gostkowski - TEN/7 - $2
9.9% - PK - Sam Sloman - LAR/9 - $2

18.4% - TD - Tennessee Titans - TEN/7 - $3
4.5% - TD - Atlanta Falcons - ATL/10 - $2
3.4% - TD - Jacksonville Jaguars - JAX/7 - $2
6.1% - TD - Detroit Lions - DET/5 - $2
7.3% - TD - Arizona Cardinals - ARI/8 - $2

average ownership: 11.3%
average ownership (excluding PK & Def): 11.4%

The biggest change I made from previous years was putting more effort into stacking, with 2 Raiders receivers, 1 Viking, and 1 Colt. It should help both for the season as a whole (e.g., if the Raiders passing offense clicks this year) and for individual games in the finals.

By position
QB: 3 for $23
The good: pretty cheap, I got 3 of them, they're solid guys, I stacked each with 1-2 receivers. The bad: limited upside, 2 wk7 byes. I thought about going pricier on one, but I just wasn't that thrilled with anyone in the $10-15 range and I didn't want to pay up for the top guys.

RB: 5 for $72
2 studs (Henry who has a great playoff schedule, Jacobs). 1 obvious value play (Gibson). 1 "handcuff" to a guy with high injury risk (Snell). 1 cheap depth guy (Gore). I considered getting a 3rd stud or another cheap guy but preferred spending that money elsewhere.

WR: 9 for $87
Thomas could be the highest scoring non-QB in the whole contest. Edelman is a huge value compared to his typical production. Deebo looks like one of the standard "great value if you set aside the first few weeks" guys for this contest. Then a bunch more cheap guys to take advantage of best ball, mainly guys who have moved up the ranks since pricing was set.

TE: 4 for $48
One (near?) stud TE in Ertz, two mid-range guys who were borderline choices but get a bit of a boost from the stack (Waller, Irv Smith), and one of the best value plays of the contest in Akins (behind only Edwards & Gibson, IMO, but somehow he's the least-owned player on my roster at 1.8%).

PK: 4 for $9
Def: 5 for $11
These are prime "throw numbers at it" positions, where you can keep adding $2 players who are likely to give you at least a couple starts. My two $3 options are Boswell (solid kicker, I was out of $2 starters) and TEN (good looking D especially for the championship weeks).

By bye
wk5: 2 for $5
wk6: 7 for $104
wk7: 10 for $79
wk8: 6 for $23
wk9: 2 for $22
wk10: 1 for $2
wk11: 2 for $15
wk13: 0 for $0
Could be in trouble in week 6 (Raiders + M Thomas + Edelman) and 7 (Cousins + other Vikings, Rivers + other Colts, Henry). Hopefully I'll still have enough firepower that early in the season. Week 13 byes essentially make a player undraftable.

By price
Studs ($24+): 3 for $89. 2 RB, 1 WR.

Solid Starters ($11-$23): 4 for $64. 2 WR, 2 TE.

Undervalued midrange guys ($6-$10): 7 for $47. 3 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE.

Cheap value plays ($2-$5): 16 for $44. 2 RB, 4 WR, 1 TE, 4 PK, 5 Def.

This year the barbell shape is less extreme than usual. I usually like paying up for a few of the very best, but this year it seemed worth taking the discount to get guys in the next tier (Henry, Jacobs, Ertz, Waller instead of Barkley, Elliott, Kelce, Kittle). I wonder if the pricing was a little different? Another factor was McCaffrey's ineligibility. 30 players with lots of cheap guys is typical for me (though with last year's pricing I only got 26).

Who missed the cut
The last change I made: cutting $10 Noah Fant + $4 Malcolm Brown and adding $8 Irv Smith + $3 Frank Gore + $3 Tre'Quan Smith. Irv Smith gives me a stack & I expect he'll be much lower ownership than Fant, I'm skeptical of Brown's upside which makes Gore not much worse for RB depth, and Smith has some potential for blow-up games (like he's done before) or a surprisingly good season (as a 3rd yr WR getting some camp hype).

The last change I seriously considered but rejected: cutting $8 Philip Rivers + $7 Parris Campbell and adding $15 Drew Brees. Tempting as a way to get some QB upside, plus Campbell isn't that great a deal and I already have two NO WRs. But Brees is on the road for the 3-week championship, and has a wk6 bye, so I'll bet on Campbell making up the Brees-Rivers gap.

Some other guys who I was eyeing: QB Russell Wilson, QB Ryan Tannehill, RB Aaron Jones, RB Chris Thompson, WR Jerry Jeudy, WR Adam Humphries, WR Cole Beasley, TE Mark Andrews, TE Chris Herndon.

Edited by ZWK
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, ZWK said:

My 30-player roster:

30 guys with Henry, Jacobs, Thomas, Ertz & Waller? Color me impressed.

• Like 2

Just now, apalmer said:

30 guys with Henry, Jacobs, Thomas, Ertz & Waller? Color me impressed.

Yeah, that blew my mind too. 

i have Henry & Ertz but only managed 25. fell in love with too many mid-level WR & RB.

i kept going back and forth between “need numbers to win at best ball” and “need enough talent to not only survive weeks but score”. 

Its a tough balance. Makes this contest really hard. 

3 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Yeah, that blew my mind too. 

i have Henry & Ertz but only managed 25. fell in love with too many mid-level WR & RB.

i kept going back and forth between “need numbers to win at best ball” and “need enough talent to not only survive weeks but score”. 

Its a tough balance. Makes this contest really hard. 

I went with 20 and said screw it im going to stay healthy. Lost one already. So starting off great. 

• Laughing 3

My team is one of the 67 eligible for Joe's offer and the ONLY way I could not scratch that itch was to enter a second team.  And with the help of my trusty dog 'Roscoe' and a bottle of Jameson we combined for another 30 iterations or so, and finally submitted around 10 minutes before the deadline.

• Like 3
  • Laughing 2

1 hour ago, Grid71 said:

Biggest risk is not having flood insurance.  The week 4 Uber popular guys go off, it’ll drown those without. 

True, but my thesis is that it's much more dangerous to have backup popular guys go off that you don't have. The teams that have those guys also have studs that generally would have scored well that week. So you're more screwed without the popular backup/end of roster guys. If a popular stud goes off, I still have my studs to keep the relative distance in scoring to a minimum among the studs. 

At least, that's my theory. 

• Like 1

What player didn’t make your final roster that you REALLY wanted but didn’t due to BYE or salary cap constraints?

Marquise Brown and Dobbins were my two omissions. Already have Ben, Connor, Claypool, Cobb, Gibson and Snell out week 8. Hope it doesn’t bite me!

:shark:

QB - Dak Prescott - DAL/10 - $19
QB - Matthew Stafford - DET/5 - $14
RB - James Conner - PIT/8 - $23
RB - Jonathan Taylor - IND/7 - $21
RB - Marlon Mack - IND/7 - $14
RB - Adrian Peterson - DET/5 - $8
RB - Benny Snell - PIT/8 - $4
WR - D.J. Chark - JAX/7 - $17
WR - Marquise Brown - BAL/8 - $16
WR - Tyler Boyd - CIN/9 - $16
WR - Diontae Johnson - PIT/8 - $13
WR - CeeDee Lamb - DAL/10 - $12
WR - Sterling Shepard - NYG/11 - $11
WR - Mecole Hardman - KC/10 - $10
WR - Marquez Valdes-Scantling - GB/5 - $3
TE - Hayden Hurst - ATL/10 - $15
TE - Dallas Goedert - PHI/9 - $11
TE - Jonnu Smith - TEN/7 - $9
PK - Chris Boswell - PIT/8 - $3
PK - Stephen Gostkowski - TEN/7 - $2
TD - Indianapolis Colts - IND/7 - $3
TD - Green Bay Packers - GB/5 - $3
TD - Tennessee Titans - TEN/7 - $3

• Like 1

Does "enter a second team" mean signing up for another FBG subscription under a different email address? Not understanding this one.

7 minutes ago, joey said:

Does "enter a second team" mean signing up for another FBG subscription under a different email address? Not understanding this one.

That was my assumption.

someone mentioned it earlier and I was tempted. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Grid71 said:

What player didn’t make your final roster that you REALLY wanted but didn’t due to BYE or salary cap constraints?

Marquise Brown and Dobbins were my two omissions. Already have Ben, Connor, Claypool, Cobb, Gibson and Snell out week 8. Hope it doesn’t bite me!

I have one at each position mostly due to salary......

QB wanted Garoppolo, settled for Fitzpatrick. 

RB wanted David Johnson, settled for Antonio Gibson. 

WR wanted Crowder, settled for Shepard

TE wanted Jarwin, settled for Herndon

• Like 1

It's raining so no walk for me today so I have time to do this now.

QB - Kyler Murray - ARI/8 - $18   --- 866 owners
QB - Joe Burrow - CIN/9 - $11   ---1401 owners
QB - Ryan Fitzpatrick - MIA/11 - $4   --- 817 owners

RB - Clyde Edwards-Helaire - KC/10 - $27   --- 2874 owners
RB - Aaron Jones - GB/5 - $25   --- 651 owners
RB - Zack Moss - BUF/11 - $10   --- 3080 owners
RB - Antonio Gibson - WAS/8 - $9   --- 4764 owners
RB - Chris Thompson - JAX/7 - $5   --- 2184 owners
RB - Frank Gore - NYJ/11 - $3   --- 701 owners

WR - A.J. Brown - TEN/7 - $22   --- 823 owners
WR - Tyler Boyd - CIN/9 - $16   --- 1320 owners
WR - Marvin Jones - DET/5 - $13   --- 926 owners
WR - Sterling Shepard - NYG/11 - $11   --- 868 owners
WR - Robby Anderson - CAR/13 - $9   --- 147 owners
WR - Allen Lazard - GB/5 - $7   --- 1191 owners
WR - TreQuan Smith - NO/6 - $3   --- 344 owners
WR - Bryan Edwards - LV/6 - $3   --- 2669 owners

TE - Darren Waller - LV/6 - $17   --- 1064 owners
TE - Noah Fant - DEN/8 - $10   --- 1276 owners
TE - Chris Herndon - NYJ/11 - $7   --- 2499 owners
TE - Tyler Eifert - JAX/7 - $6   --- 455 owners

PK - Mike Badgley - LAC/10 - $3   --- 832 owners
PK - Stephen Gostkowski - TEN/7 - $2   --- 2395 owners
PK - Sam Sloman - LAR/9 - $2   --- 1015 owners

TD - Green Bay Packers - GB/5 - $3   --- 666 owners :devil:
TD - Cincinnati Bengals - CIN/9 - $2   --- 244 owners
TD - Carolina Panthers - CAR/13 - $2   --- 392 owners

Average ownership percentage is 13.2%

QBs 3 for $33  (Murray, Burrow, Fitz).  Most of my early iterations had Murray and Burrow and then Lock but looking at the previous top entries big spending on QB is not the norm so I got into a bunch of alternate plans - a lot of Newton, then it sorta became a Ryan thing (oh all of these combos with Burrow - was never not having Burrow).  May regret not having Locker.  Was tempted to go Murray/Burrow even but not loving that idea in COVID era.  Switched things Ryan/Burrow/Locker for a while and then a reshuffle and a thought of having an early bye with Brees led me to my first posted entry.  And the more I thought about it - I just couldn't do it.  What struck me was how many entries killed it at QB with Jackson last year.  And I really think Murray could be that kind of home run so I swapped him back in.  Fitzpatrick was the ultimate compromise - like many of you probably did I went through a phase of taking the whole Miami QB bucket for $9 but again it just put my total $ at this position too high.  And I really didn't like the other micro cheap QBs so I compromised.  Rolling the dice a little bit and going 2 1/2 QBs sorta but just having Fitz to go with Murray and Burrow.  In such a strange year and with his long term health in mind there is at least a sporting chance that Tua sits longer than people might be inclined to think - and with the contest closing out at week 14 the lost games by having Fitz only may be few to none.  And he's the kind of luck box QB that may be awful a couple game and then do a 4 TD 400 yard game out of nowhere.  My roster is one of just 3 in this contest that has all 3 of these QBs.

RBs 6 for $79 (C-E-H, A Jones, Moss, Gibson, Thompson, Gore).  A lot of commonly owned guys here with the exceptions being Jones and Gore.  RB is just not the position to try and fire a bunch of cheap bullets - Moss, Gibson, and Thompson look like solid overlays so they provide cost savings.  Even though I'm a Bengals home I wasn't big on Mixon at the price.  Did the Jacobs thing for a bit, had the Indy rookie for a while but decided against it, didn't really consider the big big price guys - A little surprised in a way that I opted for Jones but he might be a good example of those guys that may be faded a little too much in a contest like this.  There's vultures in his midst for sure but he's fought them off before - at that price it's a worth a shot that he has another year like last one.  I wasn't kidding when I said Gore was basically on all my iterations.  Adam Gase is a joke.  The local rumblings are that Gore may get more of a share of the carries than expected and at $3 - why not?  Just because he shouldn't see the light of day in a backfield with Bell doesn't mean that will be the case.  Thompson was the add that cause the 2nd and final cross out roster by me in this thread.  Opted to get a little bit more security there for the weeks when the big guns are out.  (This roster is the only one with all 6 of these RBs and one of only 3 that have C-E-H/Jones/Moss/Gibson/Thompson).

WRs  8 for $84  (AJ Brown, Boyd, M Jones, Shepherd, Robby Anderson, Lazard, Tre'Quan, Edwards).  Big believer in the idea of taking a lot of mid-price WRs.  This is a position where those kinds of players can come up with meaningful contributions on multiple occasions.  Tennessee is not an inspiring offense but Brown is an inspiring player and I like his probable target share in that situation.  Burrow and Boyd have been connecting all camp.  In a circumstance where it seems more likely than not that AJ Green will be gone after this year I just think Boyd is going to be a big time consistent deliverer.  Marvin Jones is one of those guys that doesn't get the kind of love in a contest like this that he should.  Shepherd is another guy like that on a team that is going to be throwing because they are going to be losing - another solid citizen.  Robby Anderson was that kind of guy last year on the Panthers and unheralded - Bridgewater is not an ideal mesh with him and between that and the week 13 bye it's clear why folks looked elsewhere but I think he's again going to see a share and contribute in that quiet but effective style.  Lazard is a reasonable dart to thrown for the Pack with an early bye.  Edwards is a guy that it's just shocking isn't on many more teams.  Tre'Quan was basically the next to last guy - when I decided that I needed to add Thompson the corresponding move was to downgrade DeSean to Tre'Quan.  The way the Saints spread the ball around there might be some nice games from him and I might even do better when all is said and done.

TEs  4 for $41 (Waller, Fant, Herndon, EIfert)  Every year I think I'm gonna put in for one of the big $ tight ends but every year I sorta turn around and do this.  Like many of you in the thread I see Waller as a great combination of price point an opporunity.  Fant was more of a late consideration - I had Jonnu in this spot on most iterations but Fant had a great rookie year and may have the biggest chance of anyone on my roster to outperform his price.  Herndon is hugely owned and for good reason - he looks like he is going to be a huge mainstay for the Jets.  Eifert was another guy that I put on the team late.  Most iterations had Akins with that $3 potential but with Eifert playing and a guy like Jay Gruden knowing what he is capable of I decided to roll the dice that he can stay healthy with a surprisingly big role on a bad team.  A healthy Eifert is worth at least double his $6 price tag.  My roster is the only one that has all 4 of these tight ends.

PKs  3 for $7 (Badgely, Gostkowski, Sloman shield)  I'm a 3 cheap kicker guy traditionally but I was very near flipping the script a tiny bit and splurging $5 for Lutz - the return of the $2 kicker to the contest and deflation in price for the top guys made that an attractive option.  But then I felt the need to swap Brees for Murray and so this was the compromise.  I briefly downgraded this to Hopkins and the bare bones approach but the move from DeSean to Tre'Quan wriggled a dollar lose to upgrade to Badgely.  I'm not really loving Gostkowski but injuries and cuts really depleted the kicker ranks, especially for the cheapies so I'm gonna gamble that last year's comical lack of FG attempts by Tennessee was an aberration.  Sloman had a draft pick spent on him and the Rams have the kind of offense that should give him opportunities.  He's probably the guy I am most nervous about losing his job.  My entry is one of only 23 that has 3 of these guys.

DEF:  3 for $7 (Green Bay, Cincinnati, Carolina).  I never wavered from cheap defenses.  It's just not a consistently high scoring position so inexpensive diversity is the way to go.  I did do the homer thing and swipe out the Jags for my Bengals.  The way guys are leaving Jacksonville and the fact that the Bengals actually spend some FA $ on defense has me feeling good about that move.  Carolina and Green Bay seem like they be fine and sneaky good for the price.  Carolina's defense will be on the field a lot probably - but that's just more oppotunity for them to make a play here or there - giving up yardage and touchdowns doesn't matter in this contest.  None of these 3 are that popularly owned and it so happens that even when it seems like a lot of people would go with cheap defenses my entry is the only one with all 3 of these teams.

Finally a note about bye weeks.  After the first 2 weeks every cut is fairly steep - the early ones all have pretty similar rates to each other to be honest.  I found myself putting a premium and spreading out the bye weeks overall and among my key players.  I was pleasantly surprised that my last couple of moves didn't really hurt the mix.  A big reason why I ultimately turned away from Ryan and Hurst was that I didn't like having those key guys out the same week as C-E-H.

Anyway the byes work out like this:

Week 5:  4 players for $48 (A Jones, M Jones, Lazard, GB Defense)

Week 6:  3 players for $23 (Waller, Tre'Quan, Edwards)

Week 7:  4 players for $35 (AJ Brown, Eifert, Thompson, Gostkowski)

Week 8:  3 player for $37 (Kyler, Fant, Gibson)

Week 9:   4 players for $31 (Burrow, Boyd, Sloman, Cincy Defense)

Week 10:  2 players for $30 (C-E-H, Badgely)

Week 11:  5 players for $35 (Shepherd, Z Moss, Herndon, Fitzpatrick, Gore)

Week 13:  2 players for $11 (Robby Anderson, Caroline Defense) - felt like sacrificing a Defense in the playoffs was reasonable since it's not like with a player getting injured.

All together 27 players.  I'm excited :excited:

:boxing:

Good luck everyone!

-QG

• Like 2

Who’s the 1 player you ABSOLUTELY did NOT want for the $? 

Edited by Hot Sauce Guy

3 hours ago, Maggot Brain said:

My team is one of the 67 eligible for Joe's offer and the ONLY way I could not scratch that itch was to enter a second team.  And with the help of my trusty dog 'Roscoe' and a bottle of Jameson we combined for another 30 iterations or so, and finally submitted around 10 minutes before the deadline.

Obviously @Joe Bryant is a smart business man. Probably recouped his 100 payout in addl subscribers 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Who’s the 1 player you ABSOLUTELY did NOT want for the $? 

I saw a surprising number of people that seem excited for Hayden Hurst for $15 and didn't really understand it. Just plugging him in for Hooper isn't going to pan out like most people think imo. I just think Hooper is more talented and proven than Hurst so I don't think there's a great chance that Hurst produces like Hooper did.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

Obviously @Joe Bryant is a smart business man. Probably recouped his 100 payout in addl subscribers 

I also think he's built a relationship with a core audience that goes well beyond one bad FF season for the industry. He's playing the long game. The people that took advantage of the "easter egg" will appreciate it and it's one of the things that differentiates his product from his competition. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Grid71 said:

I was "absolutely set" at taking Rodgers and stafford for $28. Had to take a 3rd with that pair, which was between haskins and trubisky. (Yeah, 3 QBs in the NFC north seemed notso smart).

Rodgers still seems really cheap here.

But then, for $1 more I could get Tanny and Dak. Had to do that. 

• Like 1

:bowtie: only one with 

Dak Prescott, Miles Sanders, A.J. Brown and T.J. Hockenson

Also the only one with 

Tannehill, Miles Sanders, A.J. Brown and T.J. Hockenson

I'm bummed, I did not see Joe's offer until a few hours after the deadline, my lineup was already set.

I feel good about my team other than TE's

QB

Baker Mayfield $12 0.00 bye

Tyrod Taylor $6 0.00 bye

Tua Tagovailoa $5 0.00 bye

Ryan Fitzpatrick $4 0.00 bye

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RB

Saquon Barkley $35 0.00 bye

James Conner $23 0.00 bye

Kareem Hunt $17 0.00 bye

Zack Moss $10 0.00 bye

Antonio Gibson $9 0.00 bye

Joshua Kelley $8 0.00 bye

Jerick McKinnon $5 0.00 bye

Benny Snell $4 0.00 bye

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WR

Calvin Ridley $21 0.00 bye

Keenan Allen $18 0.00 bye

Marquise Brown $16 0.00 bye

Deebo Samuel $12 0.00 bye

Randall Cobb $6 0.00 bye

Marquez Valdes-Scantling $3 0.00 bye

Bryan Edwards $3 0.00 bye

TE

Chris Herndon $7 0.00 bye

Gerald Everett $7 0.00 bye

Devin Asiasi $4 0.00 bye

Jordan Reed $3 0.00 bye

PK

Stephen Gostkowski $2 0.00 bye

Sam Sloman $2 0.00 bye

DST

Tampa Bay Buccaneers $4 0.00 bye

Los Angeles Chargers $4 0.00

1 hour ago, QuizGuy66 said:

I'm still right on the cut line :scared:

-QG

I haven’t seen the cut line.

29 minutes ago, -OZ- said:

:bowtie: only one with 

Dak Prescott, Miles Sanders, A.J. Brown and T.J. Hockenson

Also the only one with 

Tannehill, Miles Sanders, A.J. Brown and T.J. Hockenson

Most of us will be in this boat. 

10 hours ago, dbc925 said:

I haven’t seen the cut line.

It will be 0.00 this week.

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

On 9/9/2020 at 3:15 PM, TheWinz said:

I went through this thread and counted 67 entries to make @Joe Bryant noon ET cut off.  Here they are, by page number of this thread:

1 - @dbc925
2 - @-OZ-  @Milkman  @Stray Doug  @barackdhouse
3 - @Payne 
4 - @Stinkin Ref
5 - @sg419  @Drunken Cowboy
6 - none
7 - @TheWinz  @Deamon  @Dacomish  @Hot Sauce Guy
8 - @Mingooch  @BroadwayG  @da_budman  @Solomon Grundy  @reflint  @cstruk  @nightmare
9 - @Galileo  @The Man With No Name  @neal cassady  @Steeler  @GroveDiesel  @Ignoratio Elenchi  @coltsuperfan  @Shaunz33  @Sweet Love  @Longtucky Lemmings  @bcnfinance  @gobrowns33  @rockaction  @Stephen Holloway  @Genester  @rick6668  @stuckinthemuck  @Tha Guru  @Raging weasel  @Go DC Yourself  @ajm27501  @mrmits  @bro1ncos  @Grid71
10 - @Brook Jacoby  @IHEARTFF  @zed2283  @Kujjie  @apalmer  @Maggot Brain  @madzff  @mphtrilogy  @ConstruxBoy  @Titans_fan  @BillyJoeBob  @4th&inches  @QuizGuy66  @themeanmachine  @Synthesizer  @wombat104  @AwesomeAuger  @Dreamer  @fbomb  @BassNBrew  @scoobus  @SeniorVBDStudent  @Rhythmdoctor

I did not continue on after Joe announced the timer had expired, so if you have changed your lineup since then, you are out of the running for the additional prizes.  Did I miss anyone?

Just noticed this... oops, missed it by 83 minutes.  Well, at least that guarantees a top 100 finish for me,

• Laughing 3

2 hours ago, Lehigh98 said:

Just noticed this... oops, missed it by 83 minutes.  Well, at least that guarantees a top 100 finish for me,

You didn’t include me. I posted mine. 

On 9/9/2020 at 1:10 PM, Gottabesweet said:

Gottabesweet 

Your team has been successfully entered.

QB - Russell Wilson - SEA/6 - $17
QB - Matthew Stafford - DET/5 - $14
RB - Josh Jacobs - LV/6 - $26
RB - Tarik Cohen - CHI/11 - $14
RB - Boston Scott - PHI/9 - $11
RB - Antonio Gibson - WAS/8 - $9
RB - Chase Edmonds - ARI/8 - $8
WR - Allen Robinson - CHI/11 - $24
WR - Terry McLaurin - WAS/8 - $20
WR - CeeDee Lamb - DAL/10 - $12
WR - Mecole Hardman - KC/10 - $10
WR - Justin Jefferson - MIN/7 - $9
WR - Marquez Valdes-Scantling - GB/5 - $3
WR - Bryan Edwards - LV/6 - $3
TE - George Kittle - SF/11 - $27
TE - Mark Andrews - BAL/8 - $22
TE - Jack Doyle - IND/7 - $9
PK - Dustin Hopkins - WAS/8 - $2
PK - Stephen Gostkowski - TEN/7 - $2
PK - Sam Sloman - LAR/9 - $2
TD - New York Giants - NYG/11 - $2
TD - Detroit Lions - DET/5 - $2
TD - Carolina Panthers - CAR/13 - $2

44 minutes ago, Gottabesweet said:

Missed the deadline by an hour.

• Sad 1

34 minutes ago, SeniorVBDStudent said:

🎯 McKinnon is one of three cheap players I’m jazzed about having fairly low ownership. other two are

$4 Claypool.  Severely under valued. Look at the history with Ben and speedy Tall receivers even in their rookie year.  Claypool >>>>> than any of his predecessors on multiple levels.

$6 Dissly. Injury prone concerns me more than Olsen. Almost no buzz around him, but I see him as a difference maker reading between the lines.  

36 minutes ago, apalmer said:

Missed the deadline by an hour.

It was 12pm EST? 

23 minutes ago, Grid71 said:

🎯 McKinnon is one of three cheap players I’m jazzed about having fairly low ownership. other two are

$4 Claypool.  Severely under valued. Look at the history with Ben and speedy Tall receivers even in their rookie year.  Claypool >>>>> than any of his predecessors on multiple levels.

$6 Dissly. Injury prone concerns me more than Olsen. Almost no buzz around him, but I see him as a difference maker reading between the lines.  

Of the 3, Claypool was the one I wanted to find $4 for. Dionte Johnson seems to get dinged up a lot.  TBD if it costs him any time but if it does Claypool could make a splash. 

McKinnon is going to get some receptions. I'm not sure he'll be your best player at the position any given Sunday, and if he is, that could merely be a statement about how bad the rest of your lineup is. :lol:   I like McKinnon, and think he will contribute to the Niners success this season. But he's after Debo, Kittle and maybe Ayuk in the target pecking order if things go as planned. He'll likely be in the mix for carries, but he's expected to primarily be the 3rd down receiving back, which is hard to get league-winning production out of in a best ball format. 

I took that approach with many of the $3-4-5 players. It's why I ended up with only 25 on my team. I felt like having a huge stable of cheap players might keep you afloat here and there, but none were likely to help me win anything, save for the lottery ticket types like Snell playing behind an oft-injured Conner.  

Tough contest - I could be dramatically wrong. Would be interesting to know what past winners had in terms of $3-4-5 scrap-heap type players. At one point I had 5-6 of them in my lineup, and opted to consolidate to Jefferson & another $8-9 player. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gottabesweet said:

Not my post

50 minutes ago, Gottabesweet said:

It was 12pm EST? 

The deadline for Joe's Double Secret Super Duper "Post it here for a chance at an extra $100 and Lifetime Subscription" Offer was noon Eastern time. The regular contest deadline was 11:59 PM. You're OK for the regular contest, but you don't get included in Winz's list of teams eligible for the bonus offer.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Of the 3, Claypool was the one I wanted to find $4 for. Dionte Johnson seems to get dinged up a lot.  TBD if it costs him any time but if it does Claypool could make a splash. 

McKinnon is going to get some receptions. I'm not sure he'll be your best player at the position any given Sunday, and if he is, that could merely be a statement about how bad the rest of your lineup is. :lol:   I like McKinnon, and think he will contribute to the Niners success this season. But he's after Debo, Kittle and maybe Ayuk in the target pecking order if things go as planned. He'll likely be in the mix for carries, but he's expected to primarily be the 3rd down receiving back, which is hard to get league-winning production out of in a best ball format. 

I took that approach with many of the $3-4-5 players. It's why I ended up with only 25 on my team. I felt like having a huge stable of cheap players might keep you afloat here and there, but none were likely to help me win anything, save for the lottery ticket types like Snell playing behind an oft-injured Conner.  

Tough contest - I could be dramatically wrong. Would be interesting to know what past winners had in terms of $3-4-5 scrap-heap type players. At one point I had 5-6 of them in my lineup, and opted to consolidate to Jefferson & another $8-9 player. 

My other RB is Connor. Have some guy named Michel too, so yeah...Mickey is critical 🤣

seriously, being best ball, I think this group will splash meaningful scores to augment the starters. Time to put those rose colored contacts down and see how it plays out in fantasy.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Grid71 said:

My other RB is Connor. Have some guy named Michel too, so yeah...Mickey is critical 🤣

seriously, being best ball, I think this group will splash meaningful scores to augment the starters. Time to put those rose colored contacts down and see how it plays out in fantasy.

Any given Sunday, for sure. For the sake of my 49ers, I do hope Jerick McKinnon starts paying off considering the investment to date. 

2 hours ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

I agree with your approach, in fact I only have 21 on my roster, but McKinnon and Chris Thompson were both to cheap to pass up at $5.  If these guys contribute 2 or 3 weeks each in best ball I'll take it with a sense of smug satisfaction.  Ditto with Bryan Edwards, $3.  I would not be shocked if Edwards and Thompson contribute 5 weeks.

My last "cheapie" is Devin AsiAsi but he doesn't count because I'm a homer, and it ties into my delusional Cam Newton MVP strategy. :P

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Gottabesweet said:

One of 22 with Kittle AND Andrews. 

That’s shocking. I haz shock. 

lot of scratch to invest in 2 elite TEs. 

Currently putting ownership numbers into an excel spreadsheet for future years.  Shocked to see both $7 D's and the $6 D with higher ownership than any of the $2 D's.  Of the 9 D's offered for $2, the the most common (ARI) ranked only 13th.  Also, many kickers who lost their jobs still with a decent following.  I'm sure most just never went back and changed it, but there are bound to be a few who think they will latch on somewhere else later in the season.

24 minutes ago, TheWinz said:

Currently putting ownership numbers into an excel spreadsheet for future years.  Shocked to see both $7 D's and the $6 D with higher ownership than any of the $2 D's.  Of the 9 D's offered for $2, the the most common (ARI) ranked only 13th.  Also, many kickers who lost their jobs still with a decent following.  I'm sure most just never went back and changed it, but there are bound to be a few who think they will latch on somewhere else later in the season.

Will you be publishing said spreadsheet anywhere?

Just now, ConstruxBoy said:

Will you be publishing said spreadsheet anywhere?

I am an old fart and would need help sharing.  Are you offering your services when I am finished?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, TheWinz said:

would love to see what you put together.  Was just going to post actually and ask if you had ownership and other cool stats figured out yet.

Just now, Deamon said:

would love to see what you put together.  Was just going to post actually and ask if you had ownership and other cool stats figured out yet.

Done with the smaller ones (QB, TE, K, D), and working on RB & WR now.

• Like 1