What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Footballguys Subscriber Contest is LIVE (2 Viewers)

In lets do it.  Will it just be us getting the live scoring or will it show every team in the contest?
I think what @Steeler needs is a service from which he can extract live stats, not scores.  He then applies the FBG Contest scoring system to said live stats to generate the live scoring website.

As such, I would assume it's going to be like prior years just with stats coming from an alternate source.  We probably won't notice any difference.

I like that idea I just don't think MFL api can provide raw stats as they don't want to violate agreements with their stat providers.

I'm still testing ...

58.00 after tonight's game.  24 players left to play.

Burrow looking like an excellent investimate in this contest.  Boyd as expected will have some weeks.

Bengals defense has zero pass rush (especially with Atkins out) and was a homerish waste (though we'll see if Jags who they replaced are really any better).

-QG

Last edited by a moderator:
Dunno if anyone posted these numbers...

The average team has 21 roster spots
- 2.8 QB's
- 5.2 RB's
- 6.0 WR's
- 2.5 TE's
- 2.2 K's
- 2.3 D's

Anyone else have previous experience in using MFL api / imporjson into gsheets?

I have it working great to automate rosters & free agents but live scores not working yet.

Let me know - thanks

The average team has 21 roster spots
- 2.8 QB's
- 5.2 RB's
- 6.0 WR's
- 2.5 TE's
- 2.2 K's
- 2.3 D's
Wow, that's amazing. Seems like the injury report is already a mile long for nearly every game this week. Feeling good so far about my decision to go with 29 players + 1 team defense......

- 4 QB $35

- 8 RB $63

- 9 WR $87

- 5 TE $48

- 3 K $10 (hoping Seibert takes over for Bullock soon as Seibert was one of the three)

- 1 D $7

@TheWinz , I'm not sure where you are checking this but do you happen to know how many other entrants went with 30 roster spots and only one of them being team defense?

I have Blake Jarwin and CJ Ozumah, so Irv Smith and Chris Herndon better beware.
Jarwin and Ozumah were on so many versions of my roster..... dodged a bullet there. If most players took 2.5 TE's there are going to be a lot of people that will have trouble overcoming losing Jarwin in a TE premium league. At least you have 4(and I like the two that you have left given how the MIN/NYJ defenses looked week #1).

QuizGuy66 said:
pass rush is comically bad - turnovers and return TDs are going to be the points from them - a ton of 2's with a rare 8 or 10 thrown in there :(

-QG
Yes. But they have some decent matchups on the schedule and will probably count towards a total score at least a couple of weeks this season. 

So far my only questionable pick is AJ Brown. Really went back and forth between Brown, Metcalf, Ridley and Kupp for that spot. 

BoltBacker said:
I'm not sure where you are checking this but do you happen to know how many other entrants went with 30 roster spots and only one of them being team defense?
No clue.  You would have to individually sift through all the 226 of the 30 roster spot teams to figure this out.

Only losing 200 entries this week, alot of which will be gimmick teams.  I'm sure we will lose a few normal entries too.  Just as in week 1, I really only care about injuries.  If my team sucks so bad I miss the cut line, it just wasn't meant to be.

1pm games

BUF vs MIA = $34 invested
MIN vs IND = $29 invested
ATL vs DAL = $21 invested
NYG vs CHI = $16 invested - This is the game I will be watching.  I own Tarik Cohen and the Giants D.
LAR vs PHI = $13 invested
SF vs NYJ = $10 invested
JAC vs TEN = $6 invested
DEN vs PIT = $3 invested
DET vs GB = $3 invested
CAR vs TB = zero invested

DET-GB $48

JAX-TEN $35 ($22 out) :(

BUF-MIA $14

GIANTS-CHI $11

CAR-TB $11

SF-JETS $10 (I will watch this as my television market punishes me with awful games every week)

DEN-PIT $10

LAR-PHI $2

MIN-IND $0

ATL-DAL $0

Our teams are way different Winz :)

-QG

1pm games

BUF vs MIA = $34 invested
MIN vs IND = $29 invested
ATL vs DAL = $21 invested
NYG vs CHI = $16 invested - This is the game I will be watching.  I own Tarik Cohen and the Giants D.
LAR vs PHI = $13 invested
SF vs NYJ = $10 invested
JAC vs TEN = $6 invested
DEN vs PIT = $3 invested
DET vs GB = $3 invested
CAR vs TB = zero invested

DET-GB $48

JAX-TEN $35 ($22 out) :(

BUF-MIA $14

GIANTS-CHI $11

CAR-TB $11

SF-JETS $10 (I will watch this as my television market punishes me with awful games every week)

DEN-PIT $10

LAR-PHI $2

MIN-IND $0

ATL-DAL $0

Our teams are way different Winz :)

-QG
Contest hasn't even started guys.

QB - Deshaun Watson - 20.45
RB1 - Antonio Gibson - 11.7
RB2 - Clyde Edwards-Helaire - 10
WR1 - Calvin Ridley - 29.9
WR2 - Keenan Allen - 16.6
TE - Mike Gesicki - 31
Flex1 - Jordan Akins - 16
Flex2 - Adam Humphries - 15.8
K - Stephen Gostkowski - 13
D - New York Giants - 8

Total - 172.45

Only players left are RB Josh Jacobs and WR Bryan Edwards.

212.5 with a couple players left (Metcalf and Edwards).

But lost Jarwin in week 1 and Barkley in week 2. I'm legit scared of week 3.  :oldunsure:

202.60 + (Trequan/Edwards - 12.30/14.10/19.90) + (Waller - 12.30/14.10/17.70)

Injury roundup:  AJ Brown :(   Sterling Shepherd :unsure:

-QG

My team is bad. Might as well post it this week b/c I will be out soon enough. Bryan Edwards left to play.

Joe Burrow           36.05

Clyde Edwards-Helaire13

James Conner         13.8

Antonio Gibson       11.7

D.J. Chark           12.4

Tyler Boyd           21.8

Diontae Johnson      23.2

C.J. Uzomah          16.2

Younghoe Koo         17.3

Los Angeles Rams     6

Looks like a high-scoring week all around. Currently sitting around 233 with my Raider contingent (Carr, Jacobs, Waller & Edwards) left. More importantly, still no serious injuries (knock on wood).

Hi. In case you missed it I setup a FBG MFL live scoring for the contest with groups by pos...

https://www64.myfantasyleague.com/2020/ajax_ls?L=56531&FRANCHISES=0001

My testing of MFL api calls to export the data to a gsheet worked but didn't update in a timely enough manner. 

The above live scoring link updates every couple mins.

It gives you a list to scroll through and manually add up your scores.

@Steeler I was going to get you an auto updated gsheet which one could link to and update your app for the contest but it's not updating fast enough and will need more testing.

Due to some recent family issues I won't be able to work further on this project for at least a week.

anyone can play with the following calls

https://www64.myfantasyleague.com/2020/export?TYPE=playerScores&L=56531&APIKEY=&W=2&YEAR=&PLAYERS=&POSITION=&STATUS=&RULES=&COUNT=&JSON=0

that's for xml

change the "0" at the end to "1" for json

change the "2" after W= to the future week

I use importjson with a custom script to get the data into gsheets

@Steeler sounds like you have the coding background to run with it and import into your app. I"m assuming you will have no prob linking MFL id with your id/player

good luck

Users who are viewing this thread