What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Footballguys Subscriber Contest is LIVE (2 Viewers)

We released the contest much later than normal so we could accommodate the opt outs.  That threw everything behind schedule. Plus it's tough as the salaries are priced accurately. You can do us all a favor and help spread the word. Thanks. 
I will, and I will certainly join in the second I feel a little more certain about the season!

just did my first of many iterations, hopeful for the season.. just had an owner drop out but was able to fill his slot, gonna be a wild ride!

First iteration in. I'll bet less than 5 of these guys are on my final submission.

QB - Aaron Rodgers - GB/5 - $14
QB - Philip Rivers - IND/7 - $8
QB - Tua Tagovailoa - MIA/11 - $5
QB - Justin Herbert - LAC/10 - $4
QB - Marcus Mariota - LV/6 - $3
RB - Miles Sanders - PHI/9 - $28
RB - Ronald Jones - TB/13 - $18
RB - Derrius Guice - WAS/8 - $15
RB - Alexander Mattison - MIN/7 - $11
WR - DeAndre Hopkins - ARI/8 - $28
WR - DK Metcalf - SEA/6 - $18
WR - Brandin Cooks - HOU/8 - $14
WR - Diontae Johnson - PIT/8 - $13
WR - Deebo Samuel - SF/11 - $12
WR - Curtis Samuel - CAR/13 - $10
WR - Golden Tate - NYG/11 - $9
TE - Jonnu Smith - TEN/7 - $9
TE - Eric Ebron - PIT/8 - $8
TE - Dawson Knox - BUF/11 - $6
PK - Greg Zuerlein - DAL/10 - $5
PK - Jason Sanders - MIA/11 - $3
PK - Daniel Carlson - LV/6 - $3
TD - Jacksonville Jaguars - JAX/7 - $2
TD - Las Vegas Raiders - LV/6 - $2
TD - Carolina Panthers - CAR/13 - $2

Almost certainly need more RB.

Lineup change #4. Up to 22 on the roster. Can’t see going above that without sacrificing some of the elite talent, which I’m already thin on.

definitely a challenging year. It feels like some of the value plays are so obvious that they’ll cancel out cuz everyone will have them. 

also feels like ya need at least 1 elite at most positions or you can’t win. Surviving =/= winning. 

i do love me a good challenge though. And it’s fun to have something football-related to stress over. Makes me feel like the season may actually happen. :pickle:

Lineup change #4. Up to 22 on the roster. Can’t see going above that without sacrificing some of the elite talent, which I’m already thin on.

definitely a challenging year. It feels like some of the value plays are so obvious that they’ll cancel out cuz everyone will have them. 

also feels like ya need at least 1 elite at most positions or you can’t win. Surviving =/= winning. 

i do love me a good challenge though. And it’s fun to have something football-related to stress over. Makes me feel like the season may actually happen. :pickle:
I wouldn't touch a 22 player roster.  You should plan on losing 50% of your players for 2 weeks of Covid plus a bye.  Going to be a lot of strategy in surviving this year.

I wouldn't touch a 22 player roster.  You should plan on losing 50% of your players for 2 weeks of Covid plus a bye.  Going to be a lot of strategy in surviving this year.
Luck favors the bold!

YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO, PICKLE!!!

:pickle:

*I’ll change this lineup 16 times before breakfast tomorrow) 

Last edited by a moderator:
BassNBrew said:
This will be interesting for sure.

To make sure I understand you, what percentage of the players do you think will miss two weeks due to Covid? 

To make sure I understand you, what percentage of the players do you think will miss two weeks due to Covid? 
I was a bit disappointed to see that the maximum roster size wasn't bigger this season and there weren't more sub-$5 players due to the uncertainty. Especially given everything happening in baseball right now. 

It's a great contest so I'm not here to quibble and truth be told I think the available players and starting rosters each week should be bigger so I'll admit to never being quite satisfied. I just always lean toward bigger rosters, more starters, equals less luck. Never more so than this season. Isn't it more or less just assigning a $ value to the projected fantasy points by your experts? Weighted for bye weeks of course, but still........

It's pretty tough to even throw out a guess as to % of players likely missing time because there is no official announcement of players having contracted covid or not. Just whether they went on a quarantine list which could mean something different. Then you have the reliability of the tests which are also in question which leads to a bigger headache in a non-bubble scenario like the NFL.

I was a bit disappointed to see that the maximum roster size wasn't bigger this season and there weren't more sub-$5 players due to the uncertainty. Especially given everything happening in baseball right now. 

It's a great contest so I'm not here to quibble and truth be told I think the available players and starting rosters each week should be bigger so I'll admit to never being quite satisfied. I just always lean toward bigger rosters, more starters, equals less luck. Never more so than this season. Isn't it more or less just assigning a $ value to the projected fantasy points by your experts? Weighted for bye weeks of course, but still........

It's pretty tough to even throw out a guess as to % of players likely missing time because there is no official announcement of players having contracted covid or not. Just whether they went on a quarantine list which could mean something different. Then you have the reliability of the tests which are also in question which leads to a bigger headache in a non-bubble scenario like the NFL.
Thanks. Having a little extra time this year helped us dial in the pricing to make it even tougher. It's one of the toughest contests out there I think. 

I was only half joking about the “luck favoring the bold”.

i feel like the winner this year will go 22-24 man roster, and get lucky as heck with regard to injury & COVID. 

every time I try to work the roster above 25, I find I have to drop the blue chip players to do it. Even with 22 to 25, you need to get lucky with lower priced / value players breaking out.

Diversification to the point of 28 might just mean dilution having a ton of mediocre players. 

Super challenging year. 

There will be so many moving parts this year it's just an exercise in boredom to start putting together a team more than a week before the deadline. Which doesn't mean I'm above such an exercise!
Do you expect there to be way more than normal shakeups in August?

I expect there to be way more than normal shakeups all year. 

Plus possibly not having a season. 
Thanks @-OZ- Do you think the shakeups will all be from players missing time due to Covid or from something else?

Do you expect there to be way more than normal shakeups in August?
I expect there to be more injuries for sure, even without preseason games. That would be my guess. Even if you assumed there were NO Covid positive tests.... which I think would be pretty naive. Everyone knows if the QB can't play that changes the whole team. But have you seen Cowboy games in the past when Tyron Smith went out? I think ATL had about 30 sacks against them(or at least it felt like it) and the offense imploded. If Henry misses a couple of weeks that entire TEN team looks different. So it goes way beyond just a QB injury/test right before the season shaking up an entire roster imo.

Not saying there's anything you could have done about that, but having the ability to make a deeper roster to offset those additional risks just would have made sense to me. I'm sure plenty of people would have built the roster the exact same way as they did every year. There are plenty of folks that think the season is going to go off without a hitch. You had posters saying just a week or two ago that they though baseball players were safer at the team facilities than they would be at home. (shrug)

no preseason games seems to be a pretty big factor for me.....we are all going to be sifting through coach speak and scrimmage darlings for some of our decisions.....

Thanks @-OZ- Do you think the shakeups will all be from players missing time due to Covid or from something else?
Both. 

For one, I don't know what practices look like while social distancing. It's difficult for teams, especially offensive linemen, to get together and be ready for the season right now.  Players new to teams are at a significant disadvantage imo. To the point where I don't think I'll draft any rookies in redraft unless crazy value falls (which would basically mean others agree with me). Then you have key players like Bridgewater, Cam, Rivers, etc who should be good but we won't see with their team until the season starts. They're veterans on good teams (cam and rivers anyway) so they might be okay but who knows?

I expect there to be more injuries for sure, even without preseason games. That would be my guess. Even if you assumed there were NO Covid positive tests.... which I think would be pretty naive. Everyone knows if the QB can't play that changes the whole team. But have you seen Cowboy games in the past when Tyron Smith went out? I think ATL had about 30 sacks against them(or at least it felt like it) and the offense imploded. If Henry misses a couple of weeks that entire TEN team looks different. So it goes way beyond just a QB injury/test right before the season shaking up an entire roster imo.

Not saying there's anything you could have done about that, but having the ability to make a deeper roster to offset those additional risks just would have made sense to me. I'm sure plenty of people would have built the roster the exact same way as they did every year. There are plenty of folks that think the season is going to go off without a hitch. You had posters saying just a week or two ago that they though baseball players were safer at the team facilities than they would be at home. (shrug)
All this too. 

I heard talk of switching to 8-10 games, AFC / NFC alternating weeks. That would be a HUGE change and clearly require rethinking rosters. That may not happen, but until we know more it is really challenging to plan a team, or a season.

no preseason games seems to be a pretty big factor for me.....we are all going to be sifting through coach speak and scrimmage darlings for some of our decisions.....
Absolutely. Although we've been able to get a pretty good read on the Rams key players without preseason. It's for sure a bigger focus though on sifting through the information and news. I've told our Camp Report writers the pressure is on us now more than ever. 

no preseason games seems to be a pretty big factor for me.....we are all going to be sifting through coach speak and scrimmage darlings.....
Oh I can’t wait. :rolleyes:

BB: “well, Jared’s really worked hard, but Cam is well, you know, he’s a hard worker too; so we’re gonna put the ball in the hands of the guy we think gives the New England Patriots the best chance to win. If that’s Cam, it’s Cam, but we think there’s a lot of talent on this team so we’d like to keep Jared involved as much as possible. But we’ll have to see what happens. Ok, we done?”

X 1000 coaches/players. ♾ 

Oh I can’t wait. :rolleyes:

BB: “well, Jared’s really worked hard, but Cam is well, you know, he’s a hard worker too; so we’re gonna put the ball in the hands of the guy we think gives the New England Patriots the best chance to win. If that’s Cam, it’s Cam, but we think there’s a lot of talent on this team so we’d like to keep Jared involved as much as possible. But we’ll have to see what happens. Ok, we done?”

X 1000 coaches/players. ♾ 
That would mean Hoyer starts week 1 

QB - Matthew Stafford - DET/5 - $14
QB - Ben Roethlisberger - PIT/8 - $11
QB - Dwayne Haskins - WAS/8 - $5
RB - LeVeon Bell - NYJ/11 - $22
RB - Leonard Fournette - JAX/7 - $22
RB - David Johnson - HOU/8 - $21
RB - Devin Singletary - BUF/11 - $18
RB - Phillip Lindsay - DEN/8 - $11
RB - Carlos Hyde - SEA/6 - $6
RB - Benny Snell - PIT/8 - $4
WR - D.J. Chark - JAX/7 - $17
WR - NKeal Harry - NE/6 - $9
WR - Steven Sims - WAS/8 - $7
WR - Jalen Hurd - SF/11 - $5
WR - Chase Claypool - PIT/8 - $4
WR - Bryan Edwards - LV/6 - $3
TE - Tyler Higbee - LAR/9 - $15
TE - Blake Jarwin - DAL/10 - $9
TE - Jonnu Smith - TEN/7 - $9
TE - Kyle Rudolph - MIN/7 - $6
PK - Harrison Butker - KC/10 - $6
PK - Matt Gay - TB/13 - $5
TD - New England Patriots - NE/6 - $5
TD - Dallas Cowboys - DAL/10 - $3

Got to 25. Love my RBs. I'm sure ill change it all though. 

I have been generally hovering around 25. I think If I worry too much about COVID and try for a bigger roster like elsewhere listed in here its gotta come down to luck. Last year I finished 75th and had about 5 guys value guys hit, its gonna have to be the same again this year. One thing I am still doing is not getting multiple high priced studs and instead sticking with the Meh attempt  (only 2 above $20 this year), but I expect to get bounced week 7...lol! 

I agree all the contingency kickers should have been listed as well so we could have 48-kicker guy in the contest :excited:

-QG

I'm expecting 50% if they make it thru the full season without a bubble.  In most years we have a week or two for each team where several players have the flu.  You'll have several teams like the STL Cards that miss entire games.

I'm expecting 50% if they make it thru the full season without a bubble.  In most years we have a week or two for each team where several players have the flu.  You'll have several teams like the STL Cards that miss entire games.
Interesting. Thanks a lot for the feedback. 

Attempt #1... not in love with it, but don't hate it...

QB - Tom Brady - TB/13 - $15
QB - Kirk Cousins - MIN/7 - $8
QB - Dwayne Haskins - WAS/8 - $5
RB - Dalvin Cook - MIN/7 - $31
RB - Nick Chubb - CLE/9 - $26
RB - Josh Jacobs - LV/6 - $26
RB - Darwin Thompson - KC/10 - $3
RB - DeAndre Washington - KC/10 - $3
WR - Michael Gallup - DAL/10 - $16
WR - Marvin Jones - DET/5 - $13
WR - Golden Tate - NYG/11 - $9
WR - Corey Davis - TEN/7 - $6
WR - Mohamed Sanu - NE/6 - $5
WR - Andy Isabella - ARI/8 - $4
TE - Zach Ertz - PHI/9 - $20
TE - Evan Engram - NYG/11 - $16
TE - Cameron Brate - TB/13 - $3
PK - Chandler Catanzaro - NYJ/11 - $2
PK - Greg Joseph - TEN/7 - $2
PK - Dustin Hopkins - WAS/8 - $2
TD - Atlanta Falcons - ATL/10 - $2
TD - Detroit Lions - DET/5 - $2
TD - Arizona Cardinals - ARI/8 - $2

Week 8 will be tough......

QB - Kyler Murray - ARI/8 - $18
RB - Darrell Henderson - LAR/9 - $11
PK - Randy Bullock - CIN/9 - $3
PK - Chase McLaughlin - IND/7 - $3

Week 8 will be tough......

I see a team that’s 2, maybe 3 injuries away from a week 8 elimination. 

unless of course it’s week 8 players who are out. 
:shrug:  

QB - Derek Carr - LV/6 - $7
QB - Jalen Hurts - PHI/9 - $2
RB - Kenyan Drake - ARI/8 - $27
RB - Raheem Mostert - SF/11 - $20
RB - KeShawn Vaughn - TB/13 - $10
RB - Nyheim Hines - IND/7 - $9
RB - Antonio Gibson - WAS/8 - $9
WR - Michael Thomas - NO/6 - $33
WR - Terry McLaurin - WAS/8 - $20
WR - Marquise Brown - BAL/8 - $16
WR - Christian Kirk - ARI/8 - $12
WR - Breshad Perriman - NYJ/11 - $10
WR - Michael Pittman - IND/7 - $8
TE - Noah Fant - DEN/8 - $10
TE - Chris Herndon - NYJ/11 - $7
TD - Kansas City Chiefs - KC/10 - $4
TD - Cleveland Browns - CLE/9 - $3

QB - Derek Carr - LV/6 - $7
QB - Jalen Hurts - PHI/9 - $2
RB - Kenyan Drake - ARI/8 - $27
RB - Raheem Mostert - SF/11 - $20
RB - KeShawn Vaughn - TB/13 - $10
RB - Nyheim Hines - IND/7 - $9
RB - Antonio Gibson - WAS/8 - $9
WR - Michael Thomas - NO/6 - $33
WR - Terry McLaurin - WAS/8 - $20
WR - Marquise Brown - BAL/8 - $16
WR - Christian Kirk - ARI/8 - $12
WR - Breshad Perriman - NYJ/11 - $10
WR - Michael Pittman - IND/7 - $8
TD - Kansas City Chiefs - KC/10 - $4
I like the Hurts dart throw. Jmo but I think you can get similar upside and injury risk for a lot cheaper than Drake. Fwiw. Nice team though. 

Not thrilled with 5 RBs, but like the rest of the team.  IDK.

QB - Drew Lock - DEN/8 - $8
RB - James Conner - PIT/8 - $23
RB - Kerryon Johnson - DET/5 - $14
RB - Joshua Kelley - LAC/10 - $8
WR - Amari Cooper - DAL/10 - $23
WR - Robert Woods - LAR/9 - $20
WR - T.Y. Hilton - IND/7 - $17
WR - Preston Williams - MIA/11 - $12
WR - Hunter Renfrow - LV/6 - $6
TE - Vance McDonald - PIT/8 - $4
PK - Brandon McManus - DEN/8 - $4
PK - Josh Lambo - JAX/7 - $3
TD - Tampa Bay Buccaneers - TB/13 - $4
TD - Los Angeles Rams - LAR/9 - $4

Not thrilled with 5 RBs, but like the rest of the team.  IDK.

QB - Drew Lock - DEN/8 - $8
RB - James Conner - PIT/8 - $23
RB - Kerryon Johnson - DET/5 - $14
RB - Joshua Kelley - LAC/10 - $8
WR - Amari Cooper - DAL/10 - $23
WR - Robert Woods - LAR/9 - $20
WR - T.Y. Hilton - IND/7 - $17
WR - Preston Williams - MIA/11 - $12
WR - Hunter Renfrow - LV/6 - $6
TE - Vance McDonald - PIT/8 - $4
PK - Brandon McManus - DEN/8 - $4
PK - Josh Lambo - JAX/7 - $3
TD - Tampa Bay Buccaneers - TB/13 - $4
TD - Los Angeles Rams - LAR/9 - $4
This is similar set up to my current iterations (different players though). Except I may go even cheaper at K and D. Think you can easily get a $3-6 RB6 by coming down a little on those and/or a couple bucks at your top RBs. Usually with more preseason a decent cheap RB emerges but not sure it will be as clear this year. Could be a good one if we can guess right at KC or Pitt RB2!

Ok think I'm sticking with this one.. lol

QB - Russell Wilson - SEA/6 - $17
RB - Jerick McKinnon - SF/11 - $5
WR - John Ross - CIN/9 - $5

If I dont change my mind again, here is mine:

QB - Tom Brady - TB/13 - $15
QB - Joe Burrow - CIN/9 - $11
RB - Alvin Kamara - NO/6 - $32
RB - Josh Jacobs - LV/6 - $26
RB - Phillip Lindsay - DEN/8 - $11
RB - Damien Harris - NE/6 - $8
RB - Anthony McFarland - PIT/8 - $4
WR - Tyreek Hill - KC/10 - $31
WR - DK Metcalf - SEA/6 - $18
WR - Emmanuel Sanders - NO/6 - $11
WR - Larry Fitzgerald - ARI/8 - $7
WR - Allen Lazard - GB/5 - $7
TE - Hayden Hurst - ATL/10 - $15
TE - Greg Olsen - SEA/6 - $7
PK - Harrison Butker - KC/10 - $6
PK - Chris Boswell - PIT/8 - $3
TD - Baltimore Ravens - BAL/8 - $6
TD - Los Angeles Chargers - LAC/10 - $4

Yay!  My favorite thing about FBG is here!  I was so into the COVID and movie draft threads, I totally forgot about the actual football season.  Time to sift through the pricing for hidden gems.  Anyone care to chime in on obvious steals or obvious avoids?

Yay!  My favorite thing about FBG is here!  I was so into the COVID and movie draft threads, I totally forgot about the actual football season.  Time to sift through the pricing for hidden gems.  Anyone care to chime in on obvious steals or obvious avoids?
Avoid Derrius Guice.  That's about the extent of my strategy for this year...

Users who are viewing this thread