What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Footballguys Subscriber Contest is LIVE (2 Viewers)

176.4 + jacobs...with lousy rb scores so plenty of room to go up ....I dodged most of the  major injuries  but lost Uzomah  ...one of my 4 TEs.  

I'm at 243.8 with Daniel Carlson to go & he has to beat out Younghoe Koo (17.5 points) to advance me further

Last edited by a moderator:
Alberta Clipper said:
anyone can play with the following calls

https://www64.myfantasyleague.com/2020/export?TYPE=playerScores&L=56531&APIKEY=&W=2&YEAR=&PLAYERS=&POSITION=&STATUS=&RULES=&COUNT=&JSON=0

that's for xml

change the "0" at the end to "1" for json

change the "2" after W= to the future week

I use importjson with a custom script to get the data into gsheets

@Steeler sounds like you have the coding background to run with it and import into your app. I"m assuming you will have no prob linking MFL id with your id/player

good luck
Assuming there's no unreasonable limit on calls to that URL this seems pretty straightforward, the bold part being an annoyingly manual mapping process to undertake I presume, but fortunately we're talking ~330 mappings which is not unreasonable... I'll even pitch in if you want help with that task Steeler (just need a list of the names/IDs on your end and can append MFL id to each).

Assuming there's no unreasonable limit on calls to that URL this seems pretty straightforward, the bold part being an annoyingly manual mapping process to undertake I presume, but fortunately we're talking ~330 mappings which is not unreasonable... I'll even pitch in if you want help with that task Steeler (just need a list of the names/IDs on your end and can append MFL id to each).
I appreciate the offer but I probably don't need help with the actual mapping, but I'm not familiar with MFL so I don't know how to find the player names associated with the id.  Can you point me to how find that?

I appreciate the offer but I probably don't need help with the actual mapping, but I'm not familiar with MFL so I don't know how to find the player names associated with the ids.  Can you point me in the right direction?

I think this would work better if just 1 person / app did the calls and then the app uploads/presents the live scoring. If we get 300+ people calling the api every min all day Sunday we would definately be offside to what it was intended.

Didn't bother to add it up...have Waller.  Unfortunately my team is crushed with injuries.

Ended up at 224.60

Thoughts on the team so far:

QBs Murray (Used 2 times), Burrow (0), Fitzpatrick (0).  Glad I went with this trio and switched back Murray whom I'm very high on.  Was hoping the Dolphins could pull off the upset to keep them from throwing in the towel on the season too soon and putting Tua in but at least Fitzpatrick looked good this week.

RBs A Jones (Used 2 times), CEH (1), Gibson (1), Moss (0), Thompson (0), Gore (0).  So far so good with these guys as well, though still a little scared that I will take some bad numbers from them some weeks.  Gibson bounced back to make an appearance and it was nice see to Thompson get into the endzone.  Gore ain't so hot but he'll get carries cuz Gase.

WRs R Anderson (Used 2 times), Boyd (1), Lazard (1), AJ Brown (0), M Jones (0), Shepherd (0), Tre Smith (0), B Edwards (0).  This is where the injuries have hit so far with AJ Brown and Shepherd (though so many have had it a lot worse).  That said, feeling better about the usage and thing they all have a legitimate chance to contribute.  Tre'Quan just missed counting this week but I feel really good about him moving forward given the opporunity he got tonight.  Robby Anderson is making look like more of a genius than I am so far.  If those two continue to hit it could be a massive difference maker for my entry as I have one of only 8 roosters with both of them.  Edwards hasn't been quite the phenom that was expected but I still hold out hope that he'll have his moments.

TEs Waller (Used 2 times), Fant (2), Herndon (1), Eifert (1).  So far pretty excited about this bunch - I almost never ever get tight ends right so I'm pleasantly surprised that I have used all 4 of them already (in fact all 4 of my flex spots have been tight ends so far).  Herndon disappeared this week, but I think he's way too much a part of what they do for that to me more than an anomaly.  Eifert coming through with a TD makes me feel better about putting him on my team - he just has to stay healthy - he has the kind of talent still to be a difference maker.

PKs Badgley (Used 1 time), Gostkowski (1), Sloman (0).  While they haven't been gang busters they have been okay.  Really need Sloman and Gostkowski to stop missing kicks (especially extra points) and solidify their standing.  I think Badgley is going to be solid over the course of the year.

DEFs Packers (Used 2 times), Panthers (0), Bengals (0).  Packers are bailing this position out so far.  Bengals desperately need Atkins back - the pass rush is non-existent without him (and I fear may not be that much better with him to be honest).  Packers might have more of a chance to tee off on teams playing from ahead.

But all in all, so far so good.  Just need the grim reaper to stay away from my guys :scared:

-QG

91 points from my TEs (Waller, Gesicki & Jonnu) plus Aaron Jones means I literally would have survived with 0 from the rest of my team. Finished at 259.2 and 5th place for the week. That probably means I get cut in Week 3.

I think this would work better if just 1 person / app did the calls and then the app uploads/presents the live scoring. If we get 300+ people calling the api every min all day Sunday we would definitely be offside to what it was intended.
When I built the app several years ago I added a throttle so it only makes calls to the external api every minute, so we should be OK regarding the TOS.

The Turk now commences going on a rampage with the compressed contest calendar this year.  Only 6500 make the next cut.  In week 2, 6500th place was 166.60 :scared:

-QG

91 points from my TEs (Waller, Gesicki & Jonnu) plus Aaron Jones means I literally would have survived with 0 from the rest of my team. Finished at 259.2 and 5th place for the week. That probably means I get cut in Week 3.
259.2?  That's some high octane there!

Moving on, but one tight end out of three left for the year leaves me on the outside looking in at this contest. For all intents and purposes, it's all over but the shouting.  Uzomah and Jarwin were two of my tight ends, and in seemingly great positions to make hay with their value.

Chris Herndon, down to you. 

I think this would work better if just 1 person / app did the calls and then the app uploads/presents the live scoring. If we get 300+ people calling the api every min all day Sunday we would definately be offside to what it was intended.
Not sure I follow... I was just saying there are 300+ NFL players/teams that need to get mapped from their MFL ID to their id in Steeler's app/DB (and you provided the API for that info, thanks). In terms of gametime API hits, I presume that player scoring updates happen wholesale on some cadence on the back end, not "on demand" whenever a Calcomatic user visits their team page on Sunday, etc.

Averaging ~202 so far, avoided major injuries, hopefully a sign of things to come?  I could use some improved output from TY Hilton and Preston Williams... also disappointed in Herndon's week 2 given Crowder was out.

Cardinals TEs (albeit not as big a part of their attack) only had 2 catches vs the 49ers in week 1 so maybe Herndon's poor game has to do with that.  As a fellow Herndon owner I sure hope so.

-QG

Not sure I follow... I was just saying there are 300+ NFL players/teams that need to get mapped from their MFL ID to their id in Steeler's app/DB (and you provided the API for that info, thanks). In terms of gametime API hits, I presume that player scoring updates happen wholesale on some cadence on the back end, not "on demand" whenever a Calcomatic user visits their team page on Sunday, etc.
Correct. Calcomatic will get it setup that way. MFL API usage has guidelines for # and who calls the data. I just didn't want to encourage hundreds to play with that link and overload their system untli a solution is presented.

My experience so far has been that the API calls scores are not updated frequently enough to work (which I stated yest) but the reviewing them on the MFL site live scoring by pos that I setup is updated every couple mins.

QB - Justin Herbert - 28.35
QB - Jarrett Stidham - 0.00

RB - Aaron Jones - 43.60
RB - Leonard Fournette - 25.60
RB - Jalen Richard - 8.60
RB - Ito Smith - 2.00
RB - Justice Hill - 0.00

WR - Calvin Ridley - 29.90
WR - Stefon Diggs - 29.30
WR - Julian Edelman - 25.90
WR - Adam Humphries - 15.80
WR - KJ Hamler - 8.70
WR - Jakobi Meyers - 1.70

TE - Mike Gesicki - 31.00
TE - Jordan Reed - 27.50
TE - Kaden Smith - 2.90

$153 for 241.15 points, not counting kicker or defense.

What's so special about this team?  They are the only players with 100% survival rate.

Moving on, but one tight end out of three left for the year leaves me on the outside looking in at this contest. For all intents and purposes, it's all over but the shouting.  Uzomah and Jarwin were two of my tight ends, and in seemingly great positions to make hay with their value.

Chris Herndon, down to you. 
I had these same two injuries as well, but had a 4th TE that I hope will help me get through.  Ertz needs an Ertz year. 

Averaging ~202 so far, avoided major injuries, hopefully a sign of things to come?  I could use some improved output from TY Hilton and Preston Williams... also disappointed in Herndon's week 2 given Crowder was out.
I'm with you @Stray Doug.. Avg ~205 and no major injuries (yet) and Hilton, Fuller & Preston have not been used so far...  but there is still time!!   Herndon will get his when the offense realizes what he can do....  

I feel good about Cam & Big Ben.... but Rivers is a major disappointment ...

Code:
Cam	Newton	$11 
Ben	Roethlisberger	$11 
Philip	Rivers	$8 
---------------------------------------------------		
Alvin	Kamara	$32 
Nick	Chubb	$26 
Cam	Akers	$18 
Jerick	McKinnon	$5 
Calvin	Ridley	$21 
DK	Metcalf	$18 
T.Y.	Hilton	$17 
Will	Fuller	$15 
Darius	Slayton	$12 
Preston	Williams	$12 
Chase	Claypool	$4 
J.J.	Arcega-Whiteside	$3 
Dallas	Goedert	$11 
Chris	Herndon	$7 
Dan	Bailey	$4 
Jake	Elliott	$4 
Chris	Boswell	$3 
Denver	Broncos	$4 
Los	Angeles Rams	$4

Just having fun, coming up with a cheap team that would've advanced.  Cutoff was 124.95

QB - Ryan Fitzpatrick - $4 = 29.60
RB1 - Dion Lewis - $3 = 13.60
RB2 - Frank Gore - $3 = 6.30
WR1 - TreQuan Smith - $3 = 13.60
WR2 - Zach Pascal - $3 = 10.90
TE - Jordan Reed - $3 = 27.50
Flex1 - Jordan Akins - $3 = 16.00
Flex2 - Kendrick Bourne - $3 = 10.70
K - Stephen Gostkowski - $2 = 13.00
D - NYG - $2 = 8.00

Managed to score 148.9 using $29

Never seriously considering Ridley (instead of AJ Brown) and not keeping Akins (even though Eifert hasn't been a disaster) are my two big regrets.  Woulda freed up another $4 and I coulda done another cheap receiver or maybe uprgraded a mid-level RB.

-QG
I think I had Ridley on every one of my 7,539 iterations.  My biggest regret is my last move: finding $5 for Chris Thompson. Dropped Claypool and decreased the Tenn D to Carolina.

Users who are viewing this thread