What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

⚽ EPL 2020-21 Fantasy League ⚽ ​ Congrats McBokononon on the title! (3 Viewers)

@Sinn Fein / @The Gator / @Bluto Blutarsky

@zazale / @Getzlaf15

@Christo / @justforpdsl

@TLEF316

@JMon348

@Poke_4_Life

@drunken slob

@Bonzai / @Rooney10

@Ned

@shader

@Moe.

@Kumerica

I think I tagged everyone.

First, good luck in the upcoming season.  I hope everyone has an injury-free season.

Second, just a reminder that the goal is to run waivers in between each match week - so that may mean running waivers on Monday nights and Thursday nights - 9:00 ET each night - depending on how the mid-weeks are setup.  I will post a reminder when we get close.

Third - and most important - COVID rules:

1.  If the season is canceled with less than 19 games played for all PL teams - we will simply refund everyone the $35.  

2.  If the season is canceled after 19 games have been played - we will pay out according to the standings at that time.

3.  I have added 2 injured reserve spots to the teams - these can ONLY be used if/while a player who is already on your roster is forced to quarantine for some period of time (typically it will be 14 days).  Players cannot be added for any other reason (in keeping with previous years).  And, you may not add a player from waivers/FA to the IR - only players that were already on your roster when they were required to quarantine.*

4.  I am doing this somewhat on the fly, I reserve the right to make reasonable adjustments if the situation warrants.  Hopefully it does not come to that.

5.  If the season is "postponed" we will simply wait it out until they reach a conclusion - like last season.

*If you use the IR inappropriately, I will send a message, and if its not fixed, I will cut the player from the roster as punishment...

Any questions?  PM @Bluto Blutarsky

i see there is a change to the auto substitution method from none to sorted by most fantasy points. how exactly does that work, does it take the highest scoring bench player that makes a legal lineup if a lineup player did not play any minutes?

i see there is a change to the auto substitution method from none to sorted by most fantasy points. how exactly does that work, does it take the highest scoring bench player that makes a legal lineup if a lineup player did not play any minutes?
hmmm... there should be no auto sub.  Let me check

As near as I can tell - that is a new feature, but was not selected.  If I did select it, it gave two options - one being "most fantasy points" the other being "owner sets order".

"most fantasy points" was the default, which is why I think it showed up as a rule change - despite not actually selecting auto subs.

Yes - you have an open spot - and you can pick up any player listed as "FA" (there are only a handful of players who are on waivers)
Cool. Though it pains me to have to draft a Man U player, I need a backup goalie.

Dean Henderson, G, Man United

Cool. Though it pains me to have to draft a Man U player, I need a backup goalie.

Dean Henderson, G, Man United
You can do that directly on the league website. Just go to the players tab and click on the + next to Henderson - you don’t have to drop anyone, so that should be all you need to complete the transaction 

Now that I've looked at it even more, am I correct to conclude that the only scoring benefit to M over F is the point for a CS?

I have five players going in the Newcastle/ West Ham match. What could go wrong?

Come back, Burnley and Manchester teams.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can't drop a player - if the player (or his team) already played this week - which I assume is the issue here.

To be more specific, the real problem is that Spurs/Eve players have been locked for me this morning. 

Will the site make Dier eligible for D if he keeps playing there. Or am I stuck with him in M for the season since that's where he started?

What’s a typical winning score?
This is our first year with this scoring method. 

In the past 45ish would normally win. Scores are way up with the new scoring. This is also a weird week with lots of teams not having games. 

Speaking of the new scoring, not sure yet how I feel about the D scoring. I remember very few negative scores last year and yet I already got negative for Ayling. And that was without a card. 

This is our first year with this scoring method. 

In the past 45ish would normally win. Scores are way up with the new scoring. This is also a weird week with lots of teams not having games. 

Speaking of the new scoring, not sure yet how I feel about the D scoring. I remember very few negative scores last year and yet I already got negative for Ayling. And that was without a card. 
I’m a total noob but the negative scoring is lame. You’re going to be better off not starting players and taking a 0. 

Its probably also worth pointing out - that with the additional scoring categories - there will be a higher variance game-to-game.

Using De Bruyne as an example - in the last 5 games of the season, he had a 53 point game and a 4 point game (did not start but he also had a few 6-7 point games that he did start earlier in the season).

Over the course of your team, I would expect that to even out each week - some guys will play well, some guys won't - I am thinking the average score each week will be in the 100-125 range - compared to the 30 or so we have been used to seeing as an "average" score.

Most players probably will not be worth starting if they are on the bench in real-life, but a few key attacking players may be worth the gamble (high end guys that you will draft), if you think they are likely to come on as a sub after 60 minutes.

There are no free points here for starting or simply playing in a game.
:goodposting:

Users who are viewing this thread