What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

⚽ EPL 2020-21 Fantasy League ⚽ ​ Congrats McBokononon on the title! (1 Viewer)

Or just waiting for more transfer rumors.
Maybe - but I don't think that is it.

I think most people are legitimately busy. And, its hard to come up with a player you are excited about.  I think @Bluto Blutarsky and I went back and forth on a dozen+ players yesterday, with more reasons not to draft them, than to draft them.

Then he showed me his #### :shrug:

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah, at this point, I think it makes sense to do a clock to avoid the stalling for transfers situation.

I think its ok to skip @Moe. in this instance - in part because there will be no viable rumors between now and when he gets home, its already 6 PM in England, unlikely to see much movement overnight.

Plus, I'd really like to get through round 16 by Friday, so that I can make Round 17 be completed over the weekend.

That would allow for a single waiver period to run next Wednesday.

Also - as a REMINDER once the draft is complete - only players in the Fantrax database are eligible to be picked.  AND - all players who are added to the database must pass through waivers once, before being able to be selected as a FA. 

In the event that a player does not pass through waivers - its a mistake in how I set up the league, and if you pick up a player before they go through waivers, I will reverse the transaction.

BUT - keep in mind that Fantrax will be adding players as they sign - sometimes that happens in the hours before the waivers run, so, at least until the transfer window closes in October - be aware that players added Wednesday nights will be eligible to be chosen in waivers, or if undrafted, as FAs.

In the event that a player does not pass through waivers - its a mistake in how I set up the league, and if you pick up a player before they go through waivers, I will reverse the transaction.
Just to be clear - you can select anyone in the database in the waiver process.

And for the new owners, waivers start in reverse order of the draft, and as you claim a player, you move to the back of the list.

I think its ok to skip @Moe. in this instance - in part because there will be no viable rumors between now and when he gets home, its already 6 PM in England, unlikely to see much movement overnight.
Whatever, I've seen updates from 'the man' 3 times in the last hour.  Of course all of those are well known, but still.  

lol if you think I’m following the transfer market right now...

I think in the six (?) years or so that we’ve been doing this I’ve never ever drafted a non-league player. If somehow some crazy news breaks tonight and Mbappe moves to Fulham I promise I won’t take him 

lol if you think I’m following the transfer market right now...

I think in the six (?) years or so that we’ve been doing this I’ve never ever drafted a non-league player. If somehow some crazy news breaks tonight and Mbappe moves to Fulham I promise I won’t take him 
I was really just f-ing w/ Sinn...  but sure, whatever...  I will never trust a Sooner fan.

I don’t follow this stuff as closely as the rest of you. I’m mostly drafting guys I had last year and hoping KDB carries me. No funny stuff, I promise. I started a new job on the 10th if August and it’s just an insane amount of work, plus a lot of sites are blocked and I have to use my phone which is a pain. I’ve been on this site forever and it’s $35 - there is no angle 

I don't get the desire to skip guys. Don't you guys have enough now to rosterbate to?

Most of the time he's only talking completed deals.  Which is too late for this crowd.  

Btw, did you see he was on a Spurs podcast yesterday?  
Yeah - nothing earth shattering.

- Spurs are targeting a CB, ST and potentially a winger still this window. So far, Jose has been pleased with Spurs' dealings and Doherty is a really good purchase for what Jose wants.
- Ndombele situation is that the player is keen to have another season but would respect Spurs' wishes. Fabrizio thinks theres a good chance he remains at Spurs given the boards' appreciation for the player. Mourinho has no doubt over his ability but his application needs to match it. Spurs supposedly would ask for around €30m + Skriniar if a deal is to be done with Inter involving the 2 players.
- Aurier has suitors in both Leverkusen and AC Milan but Spurs won't budge on the €20m fee they've assigned. As a side point, Fabrizio says Spurs have a reputation now that if any player is to be sold, they simply won't budge on the price they've set and he said its something clubs are just not used to dealing with!
- On Eriksen, he doesn't see Inter selling Eriksen and that Spurs did ask apparently to have him back but Fabrizio asked Inter's directors who declined it. Inter remain certain he will stay.
- Spurs need to sell to buy but this is the same for basically any club. Of course some opportunities can change this but it's just the way it is around football.
- On striker targets, Fabrizio thinks the options at strikers will be hard to come by. Not much info here but rules out a player such as Diego Costa and Suarez. He remains very sure they'll be getting a striker. PL experience isn't a necessity either but he feels that a PL proven striker is most likely.
- On Bale, he echoes that Spurs would love Bale back and everyone at the club would. He says it's still extremely unlikely unless something extraordinary happens. He thinks the Mourinho element doesn't add much to the potential of it either.
- on DYBALA, Spurs has a total agreement with Juventus over the transfer fee (as did Man United). Juventus' director arrived in London and had agreed to sell him. Dybala's agent received a great offer from Spurs but the player really didn't want to leave Juventus. Fabrizio says there is literally no more that Spurs could do. Fabrizio says it came down to Dybala and didn't mention image rights.
- On left back opportunities, Fabrizio says there is no links or has no info on a LB. He says Reguillon has been offered around to other clubs including Spurs but there isn't anything at the moment.
- On the winger links, the players Spurs are interested in Leon Bailey and are tracking him. The issue on this is that Leverkusen are cash-rich because of the Havertz sale so it might be tough to see it happen. He's not sure on many other names.
- On CBs, Kim Min-Jae, Fabrizio says it wasn't a very progressed deal at all. He says Jose really does want a new CB.
- For Zaniolo, this summer is not a possibility. He says Spurs are massive on him and would move mountains to bring him in if they could. The new owners have absolutely no interest to sell him. Maybe in future but no chance now.
- On Millik, Spurs do like the player and did have a conversation with his agents but Juventus looks to be likely with him. He says Millik might become available should Dzeko be the choice for Juventus but time will tell.
- On Coutinho, Spurs have been offered the player but Spurs aren't particularly interested at all.
- For Foyth and Rose, Foyth is likelier to stay and there is an Italian club that asked for a loan but Spurs refused. Foyth is apparently available for about €15m. He has no info on Rose.
- Gazzaniga, Lamela, Sissoko and Winks - Spurs could listen to bids. Gazzaniga looks to be leaving. Lamela he says loves the club and doesn't want to go.
- On Hugo's contract, Spurs are in discussions over his contract extension with his agents. This is a priority after the window closes.
- For Pochettino, Fabrizio says it was tough to see him ever at Barcelona. Poch's contract wherever he ends up is going to be quite lucrative so the COVID situation hasn't helped.
- Fabrizio says he expects Spurs to end up with a CB, ST and winger all this window.
All in all, Fab didn't have much breaking news but great to have some light shed on what positions we're targeting. Sounds like a busy month is ahead of us.

With pick No.15.08, Sporting Real Christo United Football Club selects . . . 

Rodrigo Hernández Cascante, M, Citeh

F - Turbo Timo Werner, The Blues

F - Adama Traoré Diarra, The Wanderers

F - Chris Wood, The Clarets

M/F - Nicolas Pépé, The Gunners

M/F - Wilfried Zaha, The Glaziers

M/F - Trézéguet, The Lions

M - Adam Lallana, The Seagulls

M - Jack Harrison, The Peacocks

M - Eric Dier, Spurs

D/M - Leander Dendoncker, The Wanderers

D - Aymeric Laporte, Citeh

D - Thiago Silva, The Blues

D - David Luiz, The Gunners

G - Rui Patrício, The Wanderers

@JMon348 is OTC!

With pick No.15.11, Sporting Real Christo United Football Club selects . . . 

Mason Anthony Holgate, D, The Toffees

F - Turbo Timo Werner, The Blues

F - Adama Traoré Diarra, The Wanderers

F - Chris Wood, The Clarets

M/F - Nicolas Pépé, The Gunners

M/F - Wilfried Zaha, The Glaziers

M/F - Trézéguet, The Lions

M - Adam Lallana, The Seagulls

M - Jack Harrison, The Peacocks

M - Eric Dier, Spurs

M - Rodrigo, Citeh

D/M - Leander Dendoncker, The Wanderers