Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
The Gator

⚽ EPL 2020-21 Fantasy League ⚽ ​ Poke tired of all the negativity

It is very early to make any conclusions. But negative D scores without a card seems to be a problem. 

Leeds did give up 4. But damn. 

Kumerica's GK scored 4 more points than Alisson. Anybody wanna guess who he started?

Forget it, I'll just tell you. Nobody, read that again, Nobody. His dudes were doing the same thing as us today :lmao:

• Laughing 2

53 minutes ago, Poke_4_Life said:

It is very early to make any conclusions. But negative D scores without a card seems to be a problem. 

Leeds did give up 4. But damn. 

:violin:

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

This is a very interesting game.  So remarkably different from the fantasy fpl game I spend so much time on.  But I like all the added stats.  I like how James Rodriguez, who dominated Spurs today, got 19 in this game, as opposed to 3 in fpl 

Solid

• Like 2

3 hours ago, drunken slob said:

Kumerica's GK scored 4 more points than Alisson. Anybody wanna guess who he started?

Forget it, I'll just tell you. Nobody, read that again, Nobody. His dudes were doing the same thing as us today :lmao:

Yeah, this being my first time using the Fantrax app (I know the PL app like the back of my hand), I almost rage quit this league due to user experience. Also, I got so busy during the week, I tacked on my last waiver pick Friday, without even consulting/remembering the schedule. 😐

Edited by Kumerica

3 minutes ago, Kumerica said:

Yeah, this being my first time using the Fantrax app (I know the PL app like the back of my hand), I almost rage quit this league due to user experience. 

Understand

The problem you're talking about isn't something that can be solved by those nerds, @ feinblutogatortheblutarskysinnwhateverthehell

Hate to come off as a get off my lawn guy, but the old way was better. Unfortunately, Fantrax felt different (I don't use the App, but my desktop experience has declined with the latest updates.)

As for the defensive scoring, we've chose this path. I'm fine with it. Actually happy to have a new challenge to sort out.

:banned:

• Like 1

I like the new scoring system :thumbup:

Much like @shader said, it's interesting. Way less emphasis on having a player get a start versus getting in with 20 to go and making some impact plays.

Also. @Kumerica, before the games started I wondered why you didn't have a GK starting against me and was ready to reach out. It took me 5 or 10 minutes to go through the reports to figure out that both the Man City and Man United guys you have are part of postponed fixtures. Once again, Fantrax made this hard, not the schizo rule makers of the league.

:banned:

• Like 2

I find the new scoring to be interesting.

I will say, it is a little funny that @Poke_4_Life gets 71 points from two strikers in the week he plays a team with only 6 players going this week...

17 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

I find the new scoring to be interesting.

I will say, it is a little funny that @Poke_4_Life gets 71 points from two strikers in the week he plays a team with only 6 players going this week...

:bowtie:

I find it interesting that van Aanholt outscored Ayling without touching the pitch!

9 minutes ago, Poke_4_Life said:

:bowtie:

I find it interesting that van Aanholt outscored Ayling without touching the pitch!

What do you want me to say?

Ayling was part of a defense that conceded 4 goals.  Do you think he should be rewarded for that?

If you really think about the scoring from last year - typical players averaged 3-4 points per game.  They got 2 of those points just for showing up...

Now, points are earned, and lost, based on what the players do.  There will be a much higher variance from game-to-game, and Ayling will have better games - where he contributes more, and concedes fewer goals.

Despite all the changes in scoring, the fundamentals have not really changed - player who score goals/assist will continue to do well, and defenders with clean sheets and/or attacking returns will do well, and keepers with saves/clean sheets will do well.  There are some nuances to watch for - but, fundamentally its still the same game.

When David Luiz correctly scores -10 points, everyone will realize this scoring system is superior.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Laughing 1

42 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

What do you want me to say?

Ayling was part of a defense that conceded 4 goals.  Do you think he should be rewarded for that?

If you really think about the scoring from last year - typical players averaged 3-4 points per game.  They got 2 of those points just for showing up...

Now, points are earned, and lost, based on what the players do.  There will be a much higher variance from game-to-game, and Ayling will have better games - where he contributes more, and concedes fewer goals.

Despite all the changes in scoring, the fundamentals have not really changed - player who score goals/assist will continue to do well, and defenders with clean sheets and/or attacking returns will do well, and keepers with saves/clean sheets will do well.  There are some nuances to watch for - but, fundamentally its still the same game.

I don't want any changes. 

But I am going to ##### and moan and overreact when Matchweek 1 isn't even over yet.

It's why I paid $35.  

8 minutes ago, Poke_4_Life said:

I don't want any changes. 

But I am going to ##### and moan and overreact when Matchweek 1 isn't even over yet.

It's why I am a Spurs fan paid $35.  

FYP

BTW - for those asking about average scores, I came across this on twitter:

Average: 96.0
Average Winning: 109.6
Average Losing: 82.2

Highest: 171.5
Lowest: 20

Highest Losing: 141
Lowest Winning: 53.5

These were last year's numbers in a competitive league.

3 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

Lowest Winning: 53.5

i think we can best this on week 1 especially when teams self-sabotage

Edited by zazale

2 minutes ago, zazale said:

i think i can best this on week 1 especially when teams self-sabotage

Yeah - we are definitely not racing to the top.

I give you the edge right now to win though...you have the lead, and one more player than we do - and two of our players are questionable to start.

ETA - It would probably be smart of Wolves to keep Jiminez out today, so he does not get injured before he is sold...

Edited by Sinn Fein

Oh - and #### that Klich guy... that was a 13-point swing when he scored...

1 minute ago, Sinn Fein said:

Yeah - we are definitely not racing to the top.

I give you the edge right now to win though...you have the lead, and one more player than we do - and two of our players are questionable to start.

ETA - It would probably be smart of Wolves to keep Jiminez out today, so he does not get injured before he is sold...

i honestly feel like there is no universe that exists where Havertz does not start. Podence for sure won´t play. i am concerned for both Azpilicueta and McGoldrick because Wilder always puts in the worst options at striker on any given week

1 hour ago, zazale said:

Podence for sure won´t play.

:coffee:

Of course, he is starting against our goal keeper - so damned if he does, damned if he doesn't...

53 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

Of course, he is starting against our goal keeper - so damned if he does, damned if he doesn't...

I hate this game

On 9/13/2020 at 1:19 PM, Sinn Fein said:

15 games played is the requirement - you will be tired of him long before then...

• Laughing 1

20 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

Yes, I'd rather have half of the Arsenal defense.

• Like 1

There is a glitch in the system....

Drunken Slob FC.  238 

BareChested Matadors Rising.  17.5

:lmao:

Richarlison is listed with 39 assists.

• Laughing 2

6 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

There is a glitch in the system....

Drunken Slob FC.  238 

BareChested Matadors Rising.  17.5

Richarlison is listed with 39 assists.

Looks like Fantrax has made changes - Richarlison now 43 Assists - 262 points.

• Laughing 2

Now I think he’s getting shortchanged one assist which I’m sure they’ll correct.

But that Diangana goal was a beauty.

34 minutes ago, McBokonon said:

I used to be on board with the new scoring system but now I hate it.

I will say - I think we should adjust the yellow card points for next year.

I am playing against Doucoure - who picked up a yellow stopping a counter attack today.  In theory it was a positive contribution to his team, but he gets hit with -3 points.  Seems a little disconnected to reward/penalty for play on the field.

@TLEF316 crushing it - 5 goals already, and its not even half time of the 2nd game of the week.  Attacking.

14 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

@TLEF316 crushing it - 5 goals already, and its not even half time of the 2nd game of the week.  Attacking.

Go big or go home.

On 9/13/2020 at 10:41 PM, Kumerica said:

Yeah, this being my first time using the Fantrax app (I know the PL app like the back of my hand), I almost rage quit this league due to user experience. Also, I got so busy during the week, I tacked on my last waiver pick Friday, without even consulting/remembering the schedule. 😐

What if I told you it's about a billion times better than it used to be...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Moe. said:

What if I told you it's about a billion times better than it used to be...

I love that you can now make a roster move with out having to hit a "confirm" button.

That tripped me up more than once...

2 minutes ago, Poke_4_Life said:

:hot:

Don’t be so negative. 

• Laughing 1

1 minute ago, The Gator said:

Don’t be so negative. 

I would have been better off not starting my two players that did play today. 

Neat. 

18 minutes ago, Poke_4_Life said:

:hot:

16 minutes ago, The Gator said:

Don’t be so negative. 

Don't draft ####ty players

4 minutes ago, Getzlaf15 said:

Don't draft ####ty players

Semi Ajayi says :hey:

21 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

@Ned - clear out your inbox so you can get messages.

Then send me a counter... @Bluto Blutarsky is desperate for a liverpool backup.

• Thinking 1

6 minutes ago, Getzlaf15 said:

-8.75. :lmao:

I am expecting Poke to start himself in Goal next week.

2 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

I am expecting Poke to start himself in Goal next week.

update: -10.75

• Laughing 1

19 minutes ago, Getzlaf15 said:

update: -10.75

I am going to have half a roster of players that never play soon. Let Salah, Vardy, James, etc score my points. 

• Thanks 1