What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

⚽ EPL 2020-21 Fantasy League ⚽ ​ Congrats McBokononon on the title! (2 Viewers)

Hey @Bluto Blutarsky I just dropped an injured player but instead of putting him on waivers, Fantrax slotted him in an IR spot automatically. I manually dropped him from there but that could be what happened to everyone else.

I lost two clean sheets when Fulham scored a pointless ####### goal with seconds to go in ####### extra time so everybody and their family is a ####.

ETA: wouldn’t have mattered but still

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thinking
Reactions: Ned
Has @Kumerica already given up?  I played him last weekend and half his team didn't play.  

Also, if you feel so inclined...  pour one out for @Sinn Fein.  He may be back at some point, but I'm assuming it will be after the election given his lack of restraint in the PSF.

Also, if you feel so inclined...  pour one out for @Sinn Fein.  He may be back at some point, but I'm assuming it will be after the election given his lack of restraint in the PSF.
:lmao:   :lmao: :lmao:

Regarding the bolded, can't do it  :no:    Got way more important uses for my suds

That cesspool should be shut down until January 1st

I assume the expectation is we field a full lineup when possible, meaning you can’t bench a player to avoid a negative score - correct? I was actually relieved when I saw the Burnley defender in my lineup didn’t get the start yesterday. 

I assume the expectation is we field a full lineup when possible, meaning you can’t bench a player to avoid a negative score - correct? I was actually relieved when I saw the Burnley defender in my lineup didn’t get the start yesterday. 
I'd rather go the opposite way. All's fair in love and war if you meet the minimum lineup requirements--1 G, 3 D, 2 M, 1 F.

Don't think we should get into the "Did he start that guy knowing he wouldn't play?" stuff. If you're leading, all of your opponents players have played, and you sit a defender who could only hurt you, have at it IMO. Most points is the first tie-breaker, maybe your D scores a goal and that wins the league for you.

I had seriously considered benching my GK yesterday but it felt dirty. Ended up giving me the W :thumbup:  

I'd rather go the opposite way. All's fair in love and war if you meet the minimum lineup requirements--1 G, 3 D, 2 M, 1 F.

Don't think we should get into the "Did he start that guy knowing he wouldn't play?" stuff. If you're leading, all of your opponents players have played, and you sit a defender who could only hurt you, have at it IMO. Most points is the first tie-breaker, maybe your D scores a goal and that wins the league for you.
Makes sense, particularly the bolded. I’m fine with it either way, just wanted to make sure it had been discussed. 

This.  

I have already started some injured players this year for this very reason.  

Has @Kumerica already given up?  I played him last weekend and half his team didn't play.  

I haven't given up. I got busy in work and life and forgot all about it. I also play in a couple of different FPL leagues using a different app and my focus was on those. I'll work harder at paying more attention and being somewhat competitive.

I'm looking to trade KDB. I know he has started slow, but I can't afford to sell-low so to speak, so let's pretend his future production will be in line with what he did last year...

Would be looking for two reliable starters, preferably a F and MF but I'm up for whatever. I just need to do something. If we want to make it a blockbuster I'm not particularly attached to anyone on my roster except for Dunk, who for some odd reason is my favorite player. 

I'm looking to trade KDB. I know he has started slow, but I can't afford to sell-low so to speak, so let's pretend his future production will be in line with what he did last year...
We feel the same about Kai. Please pretend he's still putting up his Leverkusen stats when sending offers. 

I can't get in to Fantrax. I think he's still in my lineup from last weekend. But I want to confirm I am starting Chris Wood against Everton in the early game.

Does someone have a link to the definitions for the scoring categories? Curious about a few of them. E.g., what is an accurate cross? If there's a cross that a forward heads on target or scores it seems like those results would make it a key pass or an assist. So if neither of those happen what's the difference between an accurate and non-accurate cross?

Does someone have a link to the definitions for the scoring categories? Curious about a few of them. E.g., what is an accurate cross? If there's a cross that a forward heads on target or scores it seems like those results would make it a key pass or an assist. So if neither of those happen what's the difference between an accurate and non-accurate cross?
https://www.fantrax.com/newui/fantasy/scoringCategoryGlossary.go?leagueId=u9gcuk2akdog4sxu

AC  Accurate Crosses. An accurate pass from a wide position (via corners, open plays and set pieces) into a specific area in front of the goal. The pass must be touched next by a teammate of the crossing player.

ACNC. Accurate Crosses (No Corners) Same as Accurate Crosses, but excludes corners

The stats are compiled by Opta who are tracking ball position, among other things, as it relates to some of these scoring metrics.  (Its also why many "live" stats are adjusted throughout the game, and even after, as things are reviewed more closely when they have time)

I think - but don't know - that you can get a ACNC, KP and assist all on one play - if the player crosses the ball to a teammate who scores.

Users who are viewing this thread