What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020 Anarchy League 1 Thread (1 Viewer)

Anarchy99

Footballguy
2020 Anarchy League 1 Site
I turned the draft on, so people can start drafting / predrafting.
No timer on for now.

DRAFT ORDER:
01 - Jason Wood - IN
02 - BroncoFreak_2K3 - IN
03 - BassNBrew - IN
04 - renesauz - IN
05 - Stephen Holloway - IN
06 - BroadwayG - IN
07 - Maggot Brain - IN
08 - Aaron Rudnicki - IN
09 - Genester - IN
10 - eNdblu - IN
11 - David Yudkin - IN
12 - Stinkin' Ref - IN
13 - Dickey Moe - IN
14 - Go DC Yourself - IN
15 - bro1ncos - IN
16 - freeanyong - IN

Last edited by a moderator:
We should feel honored. JW only has only posted three times in the past two years and 2 of them are in Anarchy sign-in threads. He came out of 17 months of FBG posting hibernation to check in today.

Just texted Renesauz.....he is on timeout until like Sept 3 or 4th.....got hit with a pretty big timeout.....thats why you don't go to the political forums.... so he is out

Just texted Renesauz.....he is on timeout until like Sept 3 or 4th.....got hit with a pretty big timeout.....thats why you don't go to the political forums.... so he is out
What does one have to do with the other? He can’t draft? He doesn’t have access to his regular email? Confused . . . 

Anarchy99 said:
What does one have to do with the other? He can’t draft? He doesn’t have access to his regular email? Confused . . . 
if the draft is on MFL, then he is in no problem, just can't comment here

Anarchy99 said:
It means that he got banned from the message boards and so cannot respond to this thread or any message on the board.

I remember him downplaying the seriousness of the Fukishima disaster. He isn't a very nice person, and he was wrong. Some things never change.

It means that he got banned from the message boards and so cannot respond to this thread or any message on the board.

I remember him downplaying the seriousness of the Fukishima disaster. He isn't a very nice person, and he was wrong. Some things never change.
 Please don’t do that here. Sure he can be opinionated and testy at times. He’s also a very caring individual and has been working extremely hard treating Covid patients. He’s also done a lot of work commissioning the inner board league for football guys. Don’t confuse someone’s political opinions For how nice someone is

BassNBrew said:
 Please don’t do that here. Sure he can be opinionated and testy at times. He’s also a very caring individual and has been working extremely hard treating Covid patients. He’s also done a lot of work commissioning the inner board league for football guys. Don’t confuse someone’s political opinions For how nice someone is
Yeah I was talking without thinking about it first. My apologies for that.

I hope everyone is doing well including Ren.

Drafting after Dickey and Ref is like going to a bar with Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt and there being only two really hot Women there. 

Unreal how great it felt to click the MFL link and my saved password worked!!!!!!!!!! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Yuck. Didn't really like anyone at my spot. There were some ok options, but guys in positional battles with limited intel coming out of camps. I have only lukewarm feelings for my team so far. Normally I get those at the end of the draft, so I am ahead in that regard.

At least BNB didn’t take a kicker 17th overall like the Raiders did with Janikowski. 
Other options were Herdon and Anthony Miller.  The playoffs points were the tiebreaker.  Figured some kickers would go before it got back to me and didn't want to forced to go K/K at the next turn for marginal kickers.  Also by going early I don't have to research camp kicking battles which I have no interest in outside of this league.

Team rzrback77 

QB - Jaguars - Been high on them all off-season and with the dismissal of Fournette, that only bolsters my faith. Wanted to wait and wait so happy with the Jaguars who should almost always be playing catch-up and then late decided to wait to get the final Team QB, either the NY Jets or the Football Team. definitely losing some points to the field here and especially during the playoffs, but the top team QBs went so early, i just kept seeing value elsewhere.

RB - Chubb, Bell, Coleman and DeAndre Washington - nice top three and then a wild card late. Middle of the pack likely.

WR - Hopefully can make hay with my wide receivers - Michael Thomas, Mike Evans, Sutton, Edelman, Shepard and Flex Aiyuk. Several top target guys and several playoff team candidates. Like this wide receiver group.

TE - Fant and Everett - hoping that Fant takes a big step and Everett plays a nice role in a consistent two tight end set for the Rams. Middle of the pack or worse.

PK - Tucker and Sanders - nice first one with the top kicker or at least top two on a potential super bowl team and then a rather cheap option on hopefully an up and coming offense. above the middle tier

DSt - Tampa Bay and Seattle - hopefully both teams make the playoffs.

not my best effort, but this year is definitely an outlier so hoping for the best.

Special thanks to David running these leagues and the special group of drafters that i join here in League 1 (and also League 2)

(ADP from all Anarchy Leagues, L1 Draft info, 2019 year-end ranking)

Quarterbacks:
Patriots TMQB (All ADP: QB19 - 128 | L1: QB19 - 139 | 2019: QB10)
Chargers TMQB (All ADP: QB23 - 241 | L1: QB29 - 267 | 2019: QB23)

If Cam is mostly healthy (a big if) and he goes back to running a lot (another big if), then he should put up decent fantasy numbers whether he has good passing totals or not. I am not convinced the Patriots offense will be even average this year, but a running QB can make up for that. Decent shot at an extra game. Not sure why the Chargers QB didn't get a little more love. Rivers had a lot of yards, but also a lot of INT and not a ton of TD. Taylor should get some rushing yards . . . likely enough to not end up as the #29 QB situation. Both of these picks should outproduce their draft spots.

Running Backs:
Cam Akers LAR (All ADP: RB28 - 83 | L1: RB29 - 86 | 2019: NA)
Marlon Mack IND (All ADP: RB36 - 120 | L1: RB35 - 118 | 2019: RB19)
Joshua Kelley LAC (All ADP: RB57 - 221 | L1: RB55 - 214 | 2019: NA)
Darrell Henderson LAR (All ADP: RB59 - 233 | L1: RB58 - 235 | 2019: RB97)

Sure, this group will look bad compared to teams that loaded up on RBs early, but the strategy was to get some guys that get more playing time and production than they were projected for. I read some good things about Akers, but then seemingly Brown might see more carries out of the gate. I took Henderson as insurance for Akers . . . and I might end up with two backs that initially have small workloads. Obviously I am hoping Kelley becomes the #2 behind Ekeler with Gordon out of the picture. I think Mack sees the majority of carries in the early going and still will get 30-35% of the carries once Taylor starts to get more involved. It won't be pretty, but Mack should be able to at least get back his RB35 draft investment (which last year would have been 113.5 points), especially if the Colts make the playoffs.

Wide Receivers:
Davante Adams GBP (All ADP: WR2 - 8 | L1: WR3 - 11 | 2019: WR6)
Chris Godwin TBB (All ADP: WR5 - 18 | L1: WR5 - 22 | 2019: WR3)
DeVante Parker MIA (All ADP: WR23 - 67 | L1: WR27 - 75 | 2019: WR13)
Marvin Jones DET (All ADP: WR35 - 95 | L1: WR41 - 107 | 2019: WR32)
Steven Sims WAS (All ADP: WR74 - 223 | L1: WR77 - 246 | 2019: WR68)
Danny Amendola DET (All ADP: WR89 - 295 | L1: WR83 - 278 | 2019: WR52)

Obviously this is where I invested the most, and I don't like these picks as much as I did at the time. Adams seems to always be nicked up and needed two huge playoff games to jump 20 spots in the rankings last year. After further thought, I see Tampa not passing as much and the projections for their receivers are probably too high (and their RBs likely too low). Parker may turn out ok. Normally a decent bet to take last year's WR13 with this year's WR27 pick. The MIA offense clicked at the end of the year, but who knows if that will carry over. I did like the Jones pick. He missed almost a month of the season last year and Stafford missed a lot of time . . . and he still ranked 32nd (and I snagged him as WR41 this season). I am surprised Simms didn't get more love in these leagues. He only started the last month and put up really good numbers. He was a starting NFL WR2 still available after 73 other WR were taken). He ranked 68th last year with hardly any playing time . . . seems like a no brainer as the WR74. Amendola is another guy that no one seemed to care about. He had several decent weeks with Stafford . . . if he is healthy I don't see how he falls to WR89. I don't like that I probably picked a bunch of guys that really have no shot at playoff games.

Tight Ends:
Evan Engram NYG (All ADP: TE7 - 45 | L1: TE6 - 43 | 2019: TE20)
Jared Cook NOS (All ADP: TE8 - 47 | L1: TE8 - 54 | 2019: TE9)

Who knows what to expect out of the Giants. They finally have 3 healthy receivers and a tight end to start the season. Since that hasn't happened with this group of players and Jones, it is impossible to know who falls where in the pecking order. Engram will prove to be worth it if he stays healthy and a wasted pick if not. I think I overpaid for Cook in that I paid a premium for last year's hot finish with a bunch of TDs that may not be there again this year. Tight ends that are 33 usually start losing production.

Kickers:
Greg Zuerlein DAL (All ADP: PK5 - 150 | L1: PK5 - 150 | 2019: PK15)
Zane Gonzalez ARI (All ADP: PK11 - 193 | L1: PK13 - 203 | 2019: PK8)

Grabbed a couple of kickers with offenses that should be better than last year and in stadiums that favor kickers. Might eke out a couple extra playoff games.

Defenses:
Bills DST (All ADP: DEF4 - 167 | L1: DEF5 - 171 | 2019: DEF10)
Saints DST (All ADP: DEF 5 - 169 | L1: DEF8 - 182 | 2019: DEF8)

I don't usually take two defenses this early, but both should be playoff teams. I can't remember who I was deciding from at the time I picked, but no one stood out as must have picks. IIRC, the value in those sports was at WR, but I already had too many of them. I still am not convinced that defensive scoring in this league carries over from year to year . . . so I am not sure there is a lot of benefit from investing in defenses other than to avoid the true bottom feeders.

I am so glad I doubled up on taking Mack in the Anarchy Leagues. I can't complain I had to take a zero . . . at least he scored 5.6 points on the season.

I am so glad I doubled up on taking Mack in the Anarchy Leagues. I can't complain I had to take a zero . . . at least he scored 5.6 points on the season.
Should have taken a kicker at his draft spot instead. 

ool

Last edited by a moderator:
@Anarchy99 FYI...Dicky Moe has an illegal lineup and the scoring has been best ball.
Dickey ended up with an extra RB with his last pick from his list of pre-draft picks (why the system allows this to happen is beyond me). As you mentioned, that made him go into best ball scoring. The pick that gave him an illegal lineup was his last pick (RB Jaylen Samuels PIT). Samuels has scored 0.8 points on the season. However, his 0.3 points were not scored from Week 1 (due to the best ball scoring). By extension, that means Samuels has added 0.5 points to Dickey Moe's total that should not count.

It is too late for DM to get a replacement player. He needs a WR to make his roster legitimate. I replaced Samuels with WR Travis Benjamin SFO, who opted out this season (and therefore cannot score any points).

It is unlikely that the league will come down to 0.5 points, but we can bear that in mind come the end of the season. If things do come down to fractions of a point, I will ask MFL to rescore Dickey's team starting the season with a 0.00 for that entire roster spot across the entirety of the season to make things official.

Close to a 200 pt lead and 4 left to score should lock up the title.  Finally seal the deal after numerous 2nd and 3rd place finishes.  Honestly not that many great picks.  Draft Kelce and then a bunch of players that stay on the field.  

Users who are viewing this thread