What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

1 SPOT LEFT! 14 Team Y! League, Draft 9/6 @ 7:45pm, $100 Paypal Buy-In!!! (1 Viewer)

The Frankman

Footballguy
First of all I hope all of you are staying safe during this time and are healthy and well. This is the footballguys league interest thread for Season 7 of the SLAENT Fantasy Football Play or Die League. It's going to be a 14 or 16 team non-PPR League (PPR IS STILL THE DEVIL!), in which 8 teams will make the playoffs and Top 4 get payouts (getting 4th should get you your initial buy-in back). The buy-in this year is $100 dollars; this was voted on last year. As usual, the percentages will be skewed more towards the Top 2 so making the Fantasy SuperBowl nets you a nice chunk of change. League Dues will start to be collected on Friday, August 14th. As of now, we have four open spots and 6 people (including me) confirmed in the league. I update all of that info in the forum link below.

SLAENT Forum Link - https://slaent.com/thread/1926289/

*ALL RULES SUBJECT TO CHANGE*

League Draft/Start Date: (Tentative) Sunday, September 6th at 7:45pm
Draft Type: Snake
Buy-in: $100, using PayPal (CONTACT ME VIA PM FOR PAYPAL ADDRESS WITH TEAM NAME/SLAENT NAME!)
Payout: Top 4

Max Acquisitions for Entire Season: 72
Max Acquisitions per Week: 7
Max Trades for Entire Season: No maximum
Trade End Date: November 2020
Waiver Type: FAAB w/ Continual rolling list tiebreak
Weekly Waivers: Game Time - Tuesday
Post Draft Players: Free Agents
Playoff Reseeding: No
Divisions: No
Lock Eliminated Teams: Yes
League Pickem: Yes
Roster Positions: QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/T, W/R/T, K, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR, 3 IR/COVID-19 spots (for 16 teams)

Kickers League Value
Field Goals Total Yards: 0.1 points per yard (True Fractional scoring)
Field Goals Missed 0-19 Yards: -0.5
Field Goals Missed 20-29 Yards: -1
Field Goals Missed 30-39 Yards: -1.5
Field Goals Missed 40-49 Yards: -2
Field Goals Missed 50+ Yards: -2.5
Point After Attempt Made: 1
Point After Attempt Missed: -0.75

Buy-In (Official)
1st gets $778
2nd gets $458
3rd gets $259
4th gets $105 (get Buy-In back+)

Formula
16 people x $100 = $1,600 Pot
1st gets 48.75% - 2
2nd gets 28.75% - 2
3rd gets 16.25% - 1
4th gets remaining cash + 5

General Rules/Changes:
Everyone gets Two Trade Pushes: If you need a trade automatically pushed, the person requesting the push must contact me through the App/IM (unless usage of a push is part of the deal).

Fractional Kicking Scoring: FINALLY kickers can use fractional scoring on FGs! Basically if your kicker hits a 47 yard FG, you get 4.7 points. Penalties for misses will be frozen so at most you will be penalized half for a miss.

Make Sure You Log In Once Every Seven Days: In order to curb absentee owners, you are required to login once in a 7 day period... it's impossible to run your FAAB waivers, do you lineup stuff, and make changes to your team if you don't even log in for the week. If 7 days pass from the last login period I will send a mass e-mail to everyone and give the offender a warning for the future. After that if logging in once during a 7 day period continues to be a problem and other people complain that the person doesn't respond to PMs/can't be contacted, they run the risk losing their team. Communication issues are the one thing I can't stand in a league where it almost costs $100 to enter, that's why I keep saying people need to update contact info, post on the Yahoo League Thread if they have issues and DL the Yahoo Fantasy app. This isn't a Best Ball League; people can't just join and be impossible to contact.

Download of the Yahoo Sports FF App is STRONGLY ADVISED - I know in past years I've said it's mandatory and relented on that, but this year I'm really stressing getting the app or AT LEAST contact me and tell me why you can't download it. Am I going overboard with the constant reminders? I've had to listen to THREE YEARS of "how come this dude doesn't post?" and "why does the guy ignore trade requests?" and frankly I'm tired of it. If you join a $100 league and become impossible to contact... why are you joining?

Play or Die: Every Spot Has To Be Filled: I've thought about situations where people didn't account for Bye Weeks and just not start a QB/TE because they didn't want to use a spot on the roster. To me, that forgives poor planning and roster construction. In this League you must start a player every week at every startable position or be penalized points based on the position (I have to look through the old chat and threads for the exact penalty; think it was an average of the Top 3 scorers in FA at that position). The only exceptions to this are player injuries: Gameday pre-game injuries or designations where a player is Questionable and then ruled Out late (not sure about Doubtful). Each instance will be evaluated individually; However, if you run out of transactions for the week with a player on Bye in a starting spot you will be penalized.

MIA Owners: The only time I will take over a team and set their rosters is if the owner is completely MIA and I have to look for a new owner.

COVID-19 Rules

1) All teams will have 4 IR spots; 3 for COVID, 1 for regular IR - So far Yahoo! doesn't seem to be having any special rules or implementing a special COVID-19 IR, so I'm implementing extra spots for that. We already have one spot for regular IR, so this adds 3 more specifically for COVID-19 cases. You cannot have a player who is on normal IR put on one of the three COVID IR spots though.

2) The league payouts are changed based on what happens during the season:
* If 10 or fewer games are played and the season is canceled, no payouts will occur and all monies are refunded OR can be rolled to entry into the 2021 league (your choice).
* If 11-13 games are played but the playoffs don't start (aka we don't reach Week 14), payouts will occur based on what place you are in when the season ended after tiebreakers.
* If we make it to the playoffs but the season ends, payouts will occur based on seeding.

3) People diagnosed with COVID-19 are off limits - You may *NOT* pick up and stash any IR-COVID players that were on the waiver wire when their status was changed. If a player diagnosed with COVID-19 is dropped from a roster he *CANNOT* be picked up to stash on your IR-COVID roster. Once their status reverts back to active, they are free game.

4) Draft will be no earlier than the week during the season starts - First game is Thursday, September 10th. The Draft will be no earlier than September 6th in order to best navigate COVID-19 issues.

This is what I have so far, but the list will get longer. I'm posting this here since I can edit freely here, can't edit posts on the official Yahoo! league forum. The league will run regardless of 14 or 16 people;  I implore everyone interested to please be informed about the state of the NFL in the US if you want to go ahead and play FF this year. Don't be that guy who ragequits a league with no heads-up if one of your key guys gets infected/has to sit erroneously due to a false positive.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread