What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020 Anarchy League 2 Thread (1 Viewer)

Anarchy99

Footballguy
2020 League 2 Site
Locked and loaded . . . draft turned on.

Draft Order
01 - BroncoFreak2K3 - IN
02 - Reaper - IN
03 - nittanylion - IN
04 - Anarchy99 - IN
05 - Pigskin Fanatic - IN
06 - rzrback77 - IN
07 - Ben & Jerry's - IN
08 - Stinkin Ref - IN 
09 - Firstseason1988 - IN
10 - Duckboy - IN
11 - Norseman - IN
12 - CalBear - IN
13 - JeremyX13 - IN
14 - Just Win Baby - IN
15 - Biabreakable - IN
16 - Coordinator - IN

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm . . . several of the unaccounted for haven't been around the boards for quite awhile. That's unusual for League 2 members.

It almost seems silly to start it up as the whole thing could be shut down before we finish the draft, but...what the heck. In.

So if David would stop looting and trying to overthrow the government for a minute we could move on.

Draft so far

1.01 BroncoFreak 2K3Chiefs, Kansas City KCC TMQBTue Aug 18 3:01:11 p.m. PT 2020- 

1.02 ReaperMcCaffrey, Christian CAR RBTue Aug 18 3:27:19 p.m. PT 202026 minutes 

1.03 nittanylionKittle, George SFO TE

1.04 Anarchy99 on the clock.

1.05 Pigskin Fanatic

Myself and Coordinator are going to have to watch a ton a picks after the turn.

So if David would stop looting and trying to overthrow the government for a minute we could move on.

Draft so far

1.01 BroncoFreak 2K3Chiefs, Kansas City KCC TMQBTue Aug 18 3:01:11 p.m. PT 2020- 

1.02 ReaperMcCaffrey, Christian CAR RBTue Aug 18 3:27:19 p.m. PT 202026 minutes 

1.03 nittanylionKittle, George SFO TE

1.04 Anarchy99 on the clock.

1.05 Pigskin Fanatic

Myself and Coordinator are going to have to watch a ton a picks after the turn.
Pillaging and plundering is tough these days. It was much easier back when no one was expecting it. Now everyone is doing it. There's just no glory in it anymore. Plus with my creaky back from sciatica and poor insurance coverage, at this point I am ready to just let the kids take over. It's a young person's game.

1.011BroncoFreak 2K3Chiefs, Kansas City KCC TMQBTue Aug 18 3:01:11 p.m. PT 2020- 

1.022ReaperMcCaffrey, Christian CAR RBTue Aug 18 3:27:19 p.m. PT 202026 minutes 

1.033nittanylionKittle, George SFO TETue Aug 18 6:50:32 p.m. PT 20203 hours 

1.044Anarchy99Kelce, Travis KCC TEWed Aug 19 3:57:08 a.m. PT 20209 hours[Pick made by Commissioner.]

1.055Pigskin FanaticRavens, Baltimore BAL TMQBWed Aug 19 3:57:08 a.m. PT 2020-[Pick made from Pre-Draft List]

1.066rzrback77Thomas, Michael NOS WRWed Aug 19 4:37:56 a.m. PT 202040 minutes 

1.077Ben & Jerry'sAdams, Davante GBP WRWed Aug 19 4:19:55 p.m. PT 202011 hours 

1.088Stinkin' RefElliott, Ezekiel DAL RBWed Aug 19 4:19:55 p.m. PT 2020-[Pick made from Pre-Draft List]

1.099Firstseason1988Barkley, Saquon NYG RBWed Aug 19 4:19:55 p.m. PT 2020-[Pick made from Pre-Draft List]

1.1010DuckboyHill, Tyreek KCC WRWed Aug 19 4:26:37 p.m. PT 20206 minutes 

1.1111NorsemanKamara, Alvin NOS RBWed Aug 19 4:38:59 p.m. PT 202012 minutes 

1.1212CalBearAndrews, Mark BAL TEWed Aug 19 4:38:59 p.m. PT 2020-[Pick made from Pre-Draft List]

1.1313JeremyX13Gronkowski, Rob TBB TEWed Aug 19 4:38:59 p.m. PT 2020-[Pick made from Pre-Draft List]

1.1414Just Win Baby

@Just Win Baby your pick sir

So, it's kind of interesting that we got the whole band back together so quickly but we got crickets on the smack talk channel here. Are we all just going through the motions? Feels that way a bit this year.

CalBear said:
So, it's kind of interesting that we got the whole band back together so quickly but we got crickets on the smack talk channel here. Are we all just going through the motions? Feels that way a bit this year.
Perhaps you missed my comments about Davids exploits into incorrigible behavior?

Personally I am trying to win and that means scoring more points than the other guys not just making a collection of decent players from my favorite college.

Of course I am also trying to win my side bet that gives me scrabble scores based on the players I select.

I had BassNBrew giving me the dad talk the other day so I have been trying to be nice.

Biggest surprise to me so far was Ben and Jerrys taking Davante Adans over Barkley and Elliot. I mean some one should explain to him that Adams is a Packer and he doesn't even have any superfluous vowels in his name. 

I was happy to come away with Dalvin Cook at pick 15 and then Hopkins on the way back.

@BroncoFreak_2K3 you have two picks in a row here. 

Draft so far

1.01    1    BroncoFreak 2K3    Chiefs, Kansas City KCC TMQB     
1.02    2    Reaper    McCaffrey, Christian CAR RB     
1.03    3    nittanylion    Kittle, George SFO TE    
1.04    4    Anarchy99    Kelce, Travis KCC TE    
1.05    5    Pigskin Fanatic    Ravens, Baltimore BAL TMQB    
1.06    6    rzrback77    Thomas, Michael NOS WR    
1.07    7    Ben & Jerry's    Adams, Davante GBP WR  
1.08    8    Stinkin' Ref    Elliott, Ezekiel DAL RB    
1.09    9    Firstseason1988    Barkley, Saquon NYG RB    
1.10    10    Duckboy    Hill, Tyreek KCC WR  
1.11    11    Norseman    Kamara, Alvin NOS RB    
1.12    12    CalBear    Andrews, Mark BAL TE    
1.13    13    JeremyX13    Gronkowski, Rob TBB TE    
1.14    14    Just Win Baby    Ertz, Zach PHI TE    
1.15    15    Biabreakable    Cook, Dalvin MIN RB    
1.16    16    Coordinator    Henry, Derrick TEN RB         
2.01    17    Coordinator    Jones, Julio ATL WR    
2.02    18    Biabreakable    Hopkins, DeAndre ARI WR    
2.03    19    Just Win Baby    Godwin, Chris TBB WR    
2.04    20    JeremyX13    Edwards-Helaire, Clyde KCC RB    
2.05    21    CalBear    Waller, Darren LVR TE    
2.06    22    Norseman    Evans, Mike TBB WR     
2.07    23    Duckboy    Cook, Jared NOS TE     
2.08    24    Firstseason1988    Texans, Houston HOU TMQB    
2.09    25    Stinkin' Ref    Cowboys, Dallas DAL TMQB    
2.10    26    Ben & Jerry's    Mixon, Joe CIN RB    
2.11    27    rzrback77    Jacobs, Josh LVR RB     
2.12    28    Pigskin Fanatic    Sanders, Miles PHI RB (Q)    
2.13    29    Anarchy99    Jones, Aaron GBP RB    
2.14    30    nittanylion    Cooper, Amari DAL WR    
2.15    31    Reaper    Ekeler, Austin LAC RB

Stephen Holloway said:
Gronkowski in the first is interesting. Kamara falling to #11 seems a bargain for @Norseman
I haven't watched ESPN for like a month or something. Had almost forgotten Gronk unretired without them to remind me about it every 10 minutes when they talk about Brady.

As far as Kamara goes he was the 2nd highest scoring RB in 2018 when he didn't miss games (picked up two playoff games) with 295 points. This was the 36th highest score in 2018. He isn't as good in this format without the PPR.

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally don't see Gronk being worth a first round pick. He wasn't the same guy his last year in NE and then took a year off. All his major surgeries didn't suddenly get better . . . maybe he won't start the season as sore, but IMO he's a lot closer to Gronk 2018 than Gronk 2011. He was a main cog for years the Patriots, and I don't see him as such in Tampa. The receivers will be targeted a ton and he will be splitting time with Howard and Brate. I also would guess Gronk agreed to come back on a limited snap count and thus won't be an every down TE.

In 2018, Gronk had 180 points in this format through the regular season . . . at which point he ranked 12th in the Anarchy Leagues. He rode a decent post season through the SB to get to 225 points and a #7 ranking. Sure, he missed a couple of games that season, but he misses a few games every season.

Overall, Gronk in this league in 2020 got drafted as the #4 TE. Over the last few seasons, the #4 TE has scored roughly 320 points. Basically, Gronk would need to score almost 100 points more than he did in 2018 (when NE got 3 extra post season games) to earn back his draft spot this year. I would bet the under on Gronk scoring 320 points (but certainly I have been wrong on plenty of things over the years).

The other thing is, if Gronk were to have such a season and the other Tampa receiving targets hit the numbers that some are predicting, then there is no way Brady should be ranked in the QB10-12 range.

Damn it I really wanted Drew Brees.

One of the funniest things Ive ever seen in fantasy football was Teddy or Brees throwing TD to Tayson Hill last year. 

Damn it I really wanted Drew Brees.

One of the funniest things Ive ever seen in fantasy football was Teddy or Brees throwing TD to Tayson Hill last year. 
I had Allen Robinson queued up and got buyer's remorse before I even clicked submit. His name was selected and I just needed to hit click . . . and after 30 minutes I chickened out. NOS TMQB just seemed to make more sense, seeing that they go three quarterbacks deep and have been in the Top 3 in this format most years. Of course, now that I say that, Robinson will go 120-1600-15 and Chicago will make the SB and the Saints will go 6-10 and miss the playoffs. (Of course, I don't expect teams to play 16 games, but it's nice to pretend.)

1.03: Kittle, TE 49'ers

2.14: Cooper, WR Cowboys

3.03 QB Seahawks

I can't complain. Kittle got paid, he's the #1 target in the passing game and primary red zone threat for an offense that should be in the red zone frequently. My QB target for 2/3 was Cowboys, but didn't get back to me. Quite the run on RB going into my 2.14. In this format, I would have liked to have had Mixon, Jacobs or Sanders, had they fallen. I bought Aaron Jones last year in $$$ Dynasty RFA, and when I elected to go into rebuild mode, I sold him at a pretty profit at the trade deadline (to the eventual League Champ, so I guess he got his $$$'s worth), but despite his outstanding 2019 Season, I had a gut feeling the Packers weren't completely sold, and there might be some kind of offseason shakeup. Maybe there is, maybe there isn't. Had a decision to make at 2.14 between Chubb/Cooper. Concussion spooked me. Maybe I shouldn't have let it. Cooper over Golladay/Robinson partly because of QB, partly because of overall quality of offense, partly because of potential for extra games. Seahawks QB (as long as it's Wilson), represented a tier break for me, and those are picks I feel you have to make when drafting close to the corners on the far end between selections. I like my start.

1.03: Kittle, TE 49'ers

2.14: Cooper, WR Cowboys

3.03 QB Seahawks

I can't complain. Kittle got paid, he's the #1 target in the passing game and primary red zone threat for an offense that should be in the red zone frequently. My QB target for 2/3 was Cowboys, but didn't get back to me. Quite the run on RB going into my 2.14. In this format, I would have liked to have had Mixon, Jacobs or Sanders, had they fallen. I bought Aaron Jones last year in $$$ Dynasty RFA, and when I elected to go into rebuild mode, I sold him at a pretty profit at the trade deadline (to the eventual League Champ, so I guess he got his $$$'s worth), but despite his outstanding 2019 Season, I had a gut feeling the Packers weren't completely sold, and there might be some kind of offseason shakeup. Maybe there is, maybe there isn't. Had a decision to make at 2.14 between Chubb/Cooper. Concussion spooked me. Maybe I shouldn't have let it. Cooper over Golladay/Robinson partly because of QB, partly because of overall quality of offense, partly because of potential for extra games. Seahawks QB (as long as it's Wilson), represented a tier break for me, and those are picks I feel you have to make when drafting close to the corners on the far end between selections. I like my start.
The issue I have with Cooper is that Gallup put up better numbers than Cooper did from Week 9 on and Dallas added Lamb (Gallup averaged 3 ppg more over that time in this format). IMO, that does not bode well for Cooper. But every year is different, so maybe Cooper goes back to the top of the mountain and Gallup is the one that ceded production to Lamb.

FWIW I had Dallas and the Seahawks qued up for my 3rd pick had they made it to me.

Happy to be near the start of a long RB run.

I had Allen Robinson queued up and got buyer's remorse before I even clicked submit. His name was selected and I just needed to hit click . . . and after 30 minutes I chickened out. NOS TMQB just seemed to make more sense, seeing that they go three quarterbacks deep and have been in the Top 3 in this format most years. Of course, now that I say that, Robinson will go 120-1600-15 and Chicago will make the SB and the Saints will go 6-10 and miss the playoffs. (Of course, I don't expect teams to play 16 games, but it's nice to pretend.)
How I wish you had gone with Robinson. Who is a fine player dont get me wrong and he had done wonders with poor QB play before I just dont see him as as much of a difference maker as Brees from a VBD perspective.

I am happy when people go on RB runs at this point in these leagues. IMHO, not enough value at the RB spot and better fish to fry elsewhere.
ADP for fantasy football in general has really shifted hard to the RB position recently.

There have been a lot of good RB that have come into the league recently. The cupboard was getting pretty thin for awhile there.

ADP for fantasy football in general has really shifted hard to the RB position recently.

There have been a lot of good RB that have come into the league recently. The cupboard was getting pretty thin for awhile there.
IMO ADP is pretty meaningless for Anarchy. ADP is not based on leagues with 0 PPR for RBs, 1 PPR for WRs, and 2 PPR for TEs. Nor based on all 32 QBs, 64+ RBs, 80+ WRs, and 32+ TEs starting every week. That stuff changes everything.

IMO ADP is pretty meaningless for Anarchy. ADP is not based on leagues with 0 PPR for RBs, 1 PPR for WRs, and 2 PPR for TEs. Nor based on all 32 QBs, 64+ RBs, 80+ WRs, and 32+ TEs starting every week. That stuff changes everything.
Oh I agree completely.

That doesn't mean that overall ADP inst influencing peoples valuation of the players.

I was hoping all this anti RB talk might cause folks to overlook Johnathan Taylor. But nope scratch him off the top of the list.

Users who are viewing this thread