What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020 Anarchy League 2 Thread (1 Viewer)

I just don't get why you would have TMQB and not TMPK. PK is the stupidest position and it's stupid to have some rando Bill Grammatica injury take out 100 points.
Only a rando injury to a kicker in the first few weeks of the year that is a season ender will result in a loss of 100 points. At the same point in the season, the loss of an elite QB could cost 400+ points. 

Last edited by a moderator:
In regards to the Irv Smith vs Jefferson question, I was listening Sam Eckstrom Luke Inman and Arif Hasans podcast where someone asked them who would have the most yards between the two and they all went with Irv Smith

So are you saying that no one on the Jags will be fantasy relevant this year?
I doubt there will be a ton of fantasy relevant players in regular sized leagues, but in Anarchy Leagues there will be several players that will get drafted. There have already been 7 guys drafted in L2 with QB and DEF obviously still to get drafted as well.

So are you saying that no one on the Jags will be fantasy relevant this year?
Depends on what you mean by relevant?

The bar is pretty low in this format. 50 points might be relevant here.

Chris Thompson is not a feature RB. Last time he had high volume Carrie's he only lasted a few games before being injured. I am expecting a 3 RB split over the course of the season maybe 4.

I think there are better RB options still available. I just picked one of them.

Chris Thompson is not a feature RB. Last time he had high volume Carrie's he only lasted a few games before being injured. I am expecting a 3 RB split over the course of the season maybe 4.

I also think the Jags will explore other RB options, so the backfield could be a total mess fantasy wise.

If Thompson and Jones both stay healthy all season, I think Thompson outscores Dillon.

In 2017 with Jay Gruden, Thompson had 116.4 points in this format, despite playing only 10 games. The other RBs on that roster were Perine and Robert Kelley. In 2018 and 2019, Thompson scored much less, but Adrian Peterson was the lead RB for Washington. Do the RBs other than Thompson  on the Jaguars today look more like Perine and Kelley or Peterson?

I also think the Jags will explore other RB options, so the backfield could be a total mess fantasy wise.
Why would they if they are tanking? I suppose anything can happen, but what other RB options are out there that would be impactful at this point?

If Thompson and Jones both stay healthy all season, I think Thompson outscores Dillon.
Well we will find out. 

Everyone should know I hate the Packers so I have to pinch my nose to take one. Dillon was a pretty high pick and this format being no PPR for RB I like his chances compared to Thompson who is more of a receiving RB. You still have the yards advantage from that type of comparison but I think Dillon could score 8 TD even with limited action.

I also think there is another Jaguars RB who will get action who hasn't been selected yet and then as Anarchy points out perhaps another RB they dont have yet.

Why would they if they are tanking? I suppose anything can happen, but what other RB options are out there that would be impactful at this point?
They just got rid of two of their best players recently. Doesnt seem like the moves of a team that is looking to contend.

I am not going to name any names but I touched on that in previous post.

Maybe Chris Thompson is awesome. He had a string of 2 or 3 really good games for Washington while back before being injured. If he does get that kind of run I am not expecting him to maintain it much longer than he did before.

I didn’t imply they had to be good. They could be last minute cuts. Or on another teams practice squad. But I think they add another back from somewhere. 

So I intended to go with a TE as my flex but I had too many rookie WR in my predraft list and ended up with Tee Higgins instead. You guys still in need of a TE get one more to choose from.

I know which one I was planning to take. Will be checking that against Higgins when all is said and done.

I drafted too many rookies I know. All bust team for 2020

1.15    15    Cook, Dalvin MIN RB    - There has been some drama surrounding Cook all off season but I see him playing at a high level as he tries to earn a big contract next season. He is seeking a McCaffrey level deal and the Vikings were only offering $12 million per year. Cook was the 4th highest scoring RB in this league last season despite missing 2 games.

2.02    18    Hopkins, DeAndre ARI WR (Q)    - Hopkins has never been one of my guys and his price has always been too high for me to acquire until now. My landing him caused me to decide to try to stack him with Kyler Murray.

3.15    47    Cardinals, Arizona ARI TMQB    - Murray had a great rookie season and ran for a ton of yards as well. I am expecting him to improve a lot in his second season, The addition of Hopkins helps. The Cardinals are pretty deep at WR now. I am expecting a top 10 finish for him.

4.02    50    Thielen, Adam MIN WR    - I think Adam Thielens floor is 120 targets in 2020. Plus I get to watch all his games.

5.15    79    Fant, Noah DEN TE    - Fant took awhile to get going as a rookie but he had 40 receptions and the 2nd highest ypc pf any TE last season with 10  or more receptions. Jared Cook was the top guy last year and I was targeting him but had to settle for Fant.

6.02    82    McLaurin, Terry WAS WR    - I think McLaurin gets a ton of targets in 2020 on a bad team. While everyone is gushing over AJ Brown this off season while McLaurin had more receptions and more yards than him in 2 fewer games.

7.15    111    Swift, D'Andre DET RB (Q)    - I was targeting JK Dobbins for this pick but I had to settle for Swift instead. As a prospect I think he is very similar to Dalvin Cook. I would be more excited about him on another team besides Detroit who likely splits opportunity too much between their RBs.

8.02    114    Smith Jr., Irv MIN TE    - I was targeting Jonnu Smith for this pick but JWB snoped him ahead of me to I had to settle for Irv Smith instead. I am hoping for 50  receptions here and have both Smiths projected to be pretty close 

9.15    143    Edwards, Bryan LVR WR    - I think its possible that Edwards leads the Raiders in receptions this season. 

10.02    146    Gibson, Antonio WAS RB    - This guy is pretty amazing with the ball in his hands. I am expecting Washington to be in negative game scripts a lot and Gobson should be their guy in those situations. Peterson a almost insurmountable obstacle to him doing more.

11.15    175    Bailey, Dan MIN PK    - This guy actually kicked really well last year. I do think the Vikings get at least one extra playoff game.

12.02    178    Vikings, Minnesota MIN Def    - I might be buying into the reports of rookie corners playing well, Zimmer said he has never had a bad defense and isn't about to start now. Some possible new wrinkles in the defense from Dom Capers influence and there does seem to be a higher focus on causing turnovers.

13.15    207    Prater, Matt DET PK    - One of the best in the business, He reportedly has been hitting kicks over 65 yards in practice consistently.

14.02    210    Dillon, AJ GBP RB    - I like Dillon a lot. If he were not a Packer I would like him more. Seems like everyone is sleeping on him. Had to plug my nose and take the plunge here.

15.15    239    Jefferson, Van LAR WR    - I have been a fan of this guy for awhile. I wanted the Vikings to take him. He was drafted higer than I expected. From what I am hearing he has already passed Josh Reynolds on the depth chart.

16.02    242    Higgins, Tee CIN WR - I havent heard much news about him since the draft. I think he was on the shelf for awhile so not participating in practice until recently. Ross and Green are injury risks though and maybe Higgins gets to play at some point. As I said before I wish this pick was a TE instead though and the guy I was targeting is still out there right now. My bad.

I still need a defense and a QB but you guys cant stop me from getting them.

Adrian Peterson perhaps?
As I said before, I suppose anything can happen, but why? Having released starting RB Fournette and traded starting DE Ngakoue and starting safety Harrison all within the past week, the Jaguars seem to be tearing down their roster and arguably tanking. Why add a 35 year old RB who might actually improve their RB performance in 2020?

Just Win Baby said:
As I said before, I suppose anything can happen, but why? Having released starting RB Fournette and traded starting DE Ngakoue and starting safety Harrison all within the past week, the Jaguars seem to be tearing down their roster and arguably tanking. Why add a 35 year old RB who might actually improve their RB performance in 2020?
I agree. Just having some fun with you buddy.

Always a fun time with Anarchy's best cohort. Over the years I think we've developed some pretty solid shared ideas about positional value in this format, so there aren't as many big bargains waiting around as there used to be. And especially early, a lot of my favorite guys were getting sniped, which is a sign of a competitive draft. Now to sit back and wait for the inevitable season-crushing injuries. 

1.12 Mark Andrews, TE BAL

Wow, really didn’t expect to get a live TE down this far. Andrews finished as the #5 TE last year despite sitting week 17 and only getting one playoff game. His 285 points would have made him the #4 RB or #3 WR. I was kind of expecting to get Julio Jones here, but happy because TE > WR >> RB in this format. I coulda thought about Gronk but I just don’t buy the Tampa story this year.

2.05 Darren Waller, TE LV (LV?)

It was pretty clearly a TE for me here. Only other possibility was Mike Evans, and like I said, I just don’t buy the Bucs with Brady. I went back and forth between Cook, Waller, and Evan Engram. Cook has the best situation of the 3, Engram may be the most talented, but Waller I think has the best combination of the two. He actually finished as TE#4 in Anarchy last year because of his 90 receptions, even though he had just 3 TDs. He might see a downtick in targets this year with the addition of Edwards and Ruggs, but he also will probably get more TD chances.

This is where I should have selected Keenan Allen last year, but that was when he had a QB. If I’m lucky the situation in San Diego is scary enough that he'll be there in the third.

3.12 Keenan Allen, WR LAC 

I really debated over this. There are a number of solid WR1s left on the board and I can’t really pass one up here. I went back and forth between Cooper Kupp, Adam Thielen, and Allen. In fact I had changed my order just shortly before Norseman picked, to put Kupp at the top of my list. Then Norseman picked Kupp which would have saved me the trouble. 

My biggest mistake in Anarchy last year was choosing Antonio Brown over Allen. (It wasn’t obvious for the first few days how much of a mistake that was). Allen this year is getting downgraded an entire round because of his QB situation, and while that’s understandable, it doesn’t really make much sense. Allen finished as WR9 in 2019 and here he’s going as WR14. He’s still going to be the #1 target getter and Sammy Watkins had 1047/9 with Tyrod Taylor at QB. Should get at least par value. Could wind up regretting missing on Thielen, but he really struggled with injuries last year.

4.05 Todd Gurley, RB ATL

I really expected one of the two guys on my pre-draft list, Thielen and Hunter Henry, to make it to me. Woke up on the clock as they got taken in the three picks before mine (grr). The TE cupboard is pretty bare, and Thielen was the last WR I was really excited about. I thought about Robert Woods, AJ Green, or Stephon Diggs, but eventually decided that RB value had risen enough to take my first. Gurley is the 17th RB taken, which is a pretty big drop for him. He finished as RB11 in Anarchy last year. There’s uncertainty about his role in ATL and his knee but down here getting a potential top-5 RB with questions is as good as you can do.

5.12 Mike Gesickt, TE MIA

Once again I woke up on the clock. I had been watching the guys on my pre-draft list get picked off one by one; AJ Green, Hayden Hurst, DeVante Parker, Stefon Diggs, Robert Woods. The one guy I had left was DJ Chark who got taken the pick before me (grr, Norseman). Chark was the end of a tier, so the remaining WRs really didn’t do much for me (Jarvis Landry and company), and we’re also out of legit starting RBs. 

In Anarchy, when in doubt, take a TE. 

6.05 Devin Singletary, RB BUF

I’m done with TEs, and the only WR I was remotely interested in at this point was Jarvis Landry who went a pick before this. We’re solidly into third-tier RBs but their value is coming up and there are still some guys with potential. Singletary is a favorite breakout candidate for certain fantasy football types I’m sure he’ll be on Otis’ list, if Otis is still into embarrassing himself in public.

Now that I say that, if Otis likes it it’s probably a bad pick and he’ll wind up with 150 touches and 3 TDs like he did last year. (And Otis will post long excited screeches after every one of those TDs.). Maybe Cam Akers would have been a better choice. Or maybe I’m wrong and Cam Akers is Otis’ pick and Singletary will go for 1200 total and 10 TDs. Anyway, at this point in the RB pool you’re hoping just to get some decent production with some upside.

7.12 James White, RB NE

You can never tell what’s going to go on from week to week with running backs in New England, but White has been a consistent mid-tier producer for several years now and there’s no reason to believe that will change. 1000 combined and 6 TDs is all I ask of a 7th round RB. I would have preferred Sterling Shepard or John Brown but the guys ahead of me are doing a great job of sniping this year.

8.05 Justin Jefferson, WR MIN

I finally got a pick at the top of my list. Stefon Diggs took his 1100 yards with him to Buffalo. Jefferson’s the obvious starter across from Thielen and the noise out of camp is positive. I need to start loading up on WRs and I’m happy with the upside here.

9.12 Anthony Miller, WR CHI

We’re out of top-tier and even mid-tier WRs, so it’s time to start scraping the barrel. Miller at least is the clear #2 in Chicago, but it’s very much a #1 and #2 situation as Robinson got almost twice as many targets last year. There’s a little reason for optimism as Nick Foles may wind up replacing Trubisky. Foles’ history is that he spreads the ball around. 

10.05 Robby Anderson, WR CAR

I dig the hair. And, he’s a pretty consistent third-tier WR with some upside if Darnold continues to grow. Hard to get excited about much down here.

At this point I need one more RB, one more WR, and all of TMQB, DEF, and PK. Kickers just started to go so I might be thinking about one by my next turn. You can always wait for the last four rounds for TMQB and DEF.

11.12 Justin Jackson, RB LAC

Jackson’s in the best position to step into the Melvin Gordon role in the Chargers’ offense. He did great in limited work in 2019, and Ekeler won’t ever be viewed as a workhorse back. Buzz out of camp is good, lots of talk of Jackson as a sleeper. I think absent an injury to Ekeler he’s not likely to have a huge year, but he could push 1000 combined yards in an RBBC (as Gordon did), with potential for a big season if Ekeler misses any time.

12.05 Ka’imi Fairbain, PK HOU

Whatever. He’s a kicker. But I’m annoyed that Just Win Baby nabbed DeSean Jackson. From a fantasy perspective I actually don’t think Jackson's worth taking at this point but he was my last reasonable opportunity to get another Golden Bear. I was hoping to get him after the kickers.

13.12 Younghoe Koo, PK ATL

If I have to have a kicker, I at least want it to be one worth watching. Koo’s trick kicks and that 3-onside game are worth the price of admission.

That all leaves me with two TMQBs, two Ds and a flyer WR to pick up. I might hang on the WR to the last round just to see if anything interesting comes out of camps. 

14.05 Las Vegas Raiders TMQB

Here’s why I think it’s almost always silly to take a QB early in Anarchy. Carr threw for over 4000 yards last season and he finished as the #16 QB, and that was before he got a new first-round rookie WR. He’s the 27th QB off the board here. He’s not likely to be in the top 5 QBs but he (and Mariotta, if Carr goes down) is almost certain to be in the middle of the pack with guys who went five and six rounds earlier. And the Raiders might even make the playoffs.

15.12 LA Chargers TMQB

Obviously we can’t expect the performance of the LAC TMQB from previous years with Rivers now gone. But they seem like they might not suck. And I guess I get a double-up with Keenan Allen.

16.05 Alshon Jeffery, WR PHI

I needed another WR, and I was surprised, looking at rosters, how many other people still need or could take WRs. So I figured as long as there was a WR I cared about, I should go for him before I take the DSTs. There was a total of one WR on that list, and he was still there, so I got him.

Jeffery’s fallen this far because he’s hurt, and we’re still not sure when he’ll see the field. But he’s got way more potential than anyone else down here. I’ll be happy to get 10 games out of him.

17.12 Cincinatti Bengals Def

I ran some numbers on this a few years back and found that bargain-basement Ds usually are great value, often performing in the middle of the pack and sometimes making the top 10. Do I know that Cincinatti will? No. But it’s cheap and it probably won’t be much worse than Ds taken many rounds earlier. 

Of course, I took Cincinatti last year in about the same spot and they finished 30th. But they did a revamp, and they should be closer to the middle of the pack.

18.05 Detroit Lions Def

Coincidentally, my two defenses last year were Detroit and Cincinnati. They both kinda sucked, and they both did a rebuild, Detroit especially in the secondary. Hoping they finish 17th this year.

Thanks again, Yudkin, for organizing this craziness. Good luck to all,.

Team JWB:

1.14 Zach Ertz, TE, PHI - Drafted as TE5. Finished last season as TE3 and was the #6 overall scorer excluding TMQB. So he should be about as good a value as is possible to draft at this position. Playoff points seem likely.

2.3 Chris Godwin, WR, TB - Drafted as WR6. Finished last season as WR3 , despite the fact that he played only 14 games. Enter Tom Brady. Godwin's skill set seems to be at least a slightly better fit for Brady than Evans, so I don't see any reason for a dropoff as long as he and Brady stay healthy. Solid chance for playoff points.

In this format, I always prefer to get a TE in the first as long as the value is there, and I think that was definitely the case here. I planned to take a WR with my second pick and was happy to get Godwin... I was pleasantly surprised that only 5 WRs were drafted within the first 18 picks. I did not strongly consider any other players at these picks. I tentatively planned to go WR-WR at the next turn, anticipating value would be better at WR than TE.

3.14 Tyler Lockett, WR, SEA - Drafted as WR15. Finished last season as WR5 on just 8.0 targets per game. I can't see those targets going down, as there are some signs that Carroll might actually #LetRussCook a bit more this season. I chose Lockett over the other available WRs in his tier because IMO he has the best QB among them as well as the best chance at playoff points.

4.3 DK Metcalf, WR, SEA - Drafted as WR19. Finished last season as WR21 as a rookie, but was WR9 from week 9 forward. I expect him to move into the top 15 WRs this season in this format. Playoff points seem likely. I considered TE Henry here, but I think he is a bit overrated for 2020 (injury history, Taylor/Herbert replacing Rivers, playoffs unlikely) and expect Metcalf to outscore him by a non-trivial margin.

In this format, my objective in the first 4 rounds is to try to target safe, productive players, and I think I did that here. Individually, there may have been safer options than Lockett and Metcalf, but IMO pairing them mitigates that. I also focus almost exclusively on TE and WR in the first 4 rounds, unless incredible value presents itself at RB or TMQB, which typically does not happen in Anarchy 2. I tentatively planned for 1 WR/TE and 1 RB/WR/TE at the next turn.

5.14 Jonnu Smith, TE, TEN - Drafted as TE18. Finished last season as TE16, even though other TEN TEs combined for 190.2 fantasy points. Delanie Walker had 75.5 of those points, and he is gone. Smith has been playing well in camp, and I'm expecting him to finish as a top 12 TE this season in Anarchy format. Playoff points are possible.

6.3 Michael Gallup, WR, DAL - Drafted as WR30. Finished last season as WR27 as a rookie in 14 games. The Cowboys added rookie WR Lamb, but they also let Witten, Cobb, Austin, and their combined 190 targets walk, so there should still be plenty of targets for Gallup, especially with Lamb losing valuable time/reps to COVID. Playoff points are possible.

I felt it was important to get another TE before what I saw as an impending dropoff at that position. I considered TMQB but decided I could afford to wait in order to strengthen WR and TE. I did not really strongly consider RBs... I knew it would only get worse, but I didn't feel like it made sense to sacrifice 50+ points to draft one. I tentatively planned for 1 TMQB and 1 RB at the next turn.

7.14 Bills, TMQB, BUF - Drafted as TMQB11. Finished last season as TMQB10, and I'm expecting some improvement on that ranking in 2020. The Bills added Diggs, and Josh Allen will be playing his third season and should show some improvement, as he did from his first season to his second. Even if Allen regresses a bit in rushing, I expect it will be made up in passing production. Playoff points seem very likely.

8.3 Marlon Mack, RB, IND - Drafted as RB34. Finished last season as RB19, despite playing just 14 games. He certainly stands to be impacted by Taylor, who has looked great running the ball in camp but has played poorly in the passing game, with several drops. I am reasonably confident in 150+ points for Mack if he stays healthy, and that would be great value here. Playoff points are likely IMO.

I was mildly surprised that only 10 TMQBs were drafted through 7.13, but felt I needed to take one here to get ahead of a potential QB run, with so many picks between my even and odd round picks. I considered Green Bay also, but expect Buffalo to score more points. I really wanted the IND TMQB, and very seriously considered drafting them at 8.3, but gambled that they would make it back to me at 9.14. After my 7th round pick, I still needed 4 RBs, so figured I should probably take my first here, especially because I saw a dropoff after Mack. I tentatively planned to take my second TMQB at the next turn, along with the best RB/WR/TE.

9.14 Titans, TMQB, TEN - Drafted as TMQB20. Finished last season as TMQB6. The 2019 Titans played 3 playoff games, which boosted their production in this format, but through week 17, they were TMQB8. To expect some regression is reasonable, but I expect this team to outperform this draft position, with a high ceiling that was demonstrated last season. Playoff points are possible.

10.3 Matt Breida, RB, MIA - Drafted as RB43. Finished last season as RB43, but was traded to the Dolphins. I'm expecting a bigger role for him in Miami than in SF, so expecting 100+ points.

I am annoyed that @nittanylion took the Indy TMQB. In retrospect, I wish I had taken them over Mack at 8.3. That said, I'm fine with last year's TMQB6 as a consolation prize. I contemplated various WRs and TEs at 10.3 but decided I should get my second RB on the board. With 8 picks to go, I needed 2 RBs, 1 WR, 1 Flex, 2 PKs, and 2 DSTs. I tentatively planned to go with the best 2 RB/WR/Flex players at the next turn.

11.14 Desean Jackson, WR, PHI - Drafted as WR64. Only played one healthy game in 2019, but had 8/154/2 on 9 targets in that game, his first in Doug Pederson's offense. Over the past 5 seasons, he has averaged 11.6 ppg in this format, which scales to 185 points over 16 games, which would have ranked as WR36 last season. He hasn't played 16 games since 2013, but injury seems like the only thing that could prevent this pick from being a steal, and he is fully healthy right now. Meanwhile, Jeffery isn't healthy, Goodwin opted out of the season, and Reagor lost time/reps to COVID and is now apparently out for at least 4 weeks. Playoff points seem likely if Jackson is healthy enough to play.

12.3 Gerald Everett, TE, LAR - Drafted as TE28. Finished last season as TE25, despite a serious injury in week 12; he was TE11 through week 11. Of course, that allowed Higbee to break out in the second half. But the Rams traded WR Cooks, clearing the way to play more 12 personnel this season, so there should be enough opportunity for Everett to return value on this pick. McVay has stated recently that he needs to do a better job of involving Everett, hopefully more than just coach speak. Playoff points seem unlikely.

I like to draft my first PK a bit early in this format so I only need 1 more if a PK run starts, especially drafting near a turn, with 26 picks in between my even and odd round picks. I don't want to get stuck with a zero at PK, as one or more teams typically do in this league. However, I got burned with this strategy last season, so decided to wait.

I wanted Jackson, but thought @CalBear would snipe me on him for sure. Glad that didn't happen. Considered several RBs still on the board, but figured I would have to get very lucky to hit on one who would score as many points as Everett in this format. Still need 2 RBs, 2 PKs, and 2 DSTs. Tentatively planned to target RB and/or PK at the next turn.

13.14 Chris Thompson, RB, JAX - Drafted as RB54. Finished last season as RB61 but missed 5 games. Back with Jay Gruden in JAX and Fournette's release creates opportunity, so hoping for 100 points here.

14.3 Jason Myers, SEA, PK - Drafted as PK15. Finished last season as PK14. Expecting playoff points.

Wasn't targeting Thompson until Fournette was released and I found him to be available. Probably would have taken Darrell Henderson if not for that development. Hope I don't regret the decision. Needed to get my first PK on the board, and Myers was a solid and safe choice. Still needed 1 RB, 1 PK, and 2 DSTs. Figured at this point that I would be punting my final RB to round 18 and would take my second PK and first DST at the next turn.

15.14 Eagles, PHI, DST - Drafted as DST16. Finished last season as DST14, despite having the 4th most adjusted games lost on defense, per Football Outsiders, and made personnel improvements that could result in moving into the top 10 in this format. Playoff points are likely.

16.3 Joey Slye, PK, CAR - Drafted as PK25. Finished last season as PK11. Not expecting playoff points, but just wanted to avoid a high risk PK situation, and should have accomplished that here.

Easy picks here. Figured I'd take my second DST at 17.14 and my last RB at 18.3. Was targeting McKinnon for that last pick.

17.14 Football Team, DST, WAS - Drafted as DST25. Finished last season as DST23, but they replaced offensive-minded HC Gruden with defensive-minded HC Rivera, and drafted Chase Young, so hoping they can improve on that finish.

18.3 Jerick McKinnon, RB, SF - Drafted as RB65. Hasn't been healthy since 2017, when he finished as RB19 in this format. Reports from training camp have been glowing. Playoff points seem likely. Hoping for 100+ points, which would be amazing value at this point in the draft.

As planned. I like it when a plan comes together.

I liked drafting from the #14 spot. Hopefully I will still like it once the season plays out.

1.6 Michael Thomas WR1 NO - Nice combination of lots of targets plus Brees has good accuracy and Thomas hands are glue

2.11 Josh Jacobs RB9 LVR - Prefer going heavy WR/TE but felt a plateau at WR after Evans at WR and Cook at TE

3.6 Allen Robinson WR10 CHI - actually considered Robinson at 2.11, but he was in that plateau just after Evans so glad to get him here

4.11 Chris Carson RB20 SEA - considered Hockenson who went the next pick and also Goedert who dropped all the way to my next pick, so happy with Carson as RB2.

5.6 Dallas Goedert TE14 PHI - very happy to get Goedert here.

6.11 Eagles QB9 - I waited forever in Anarchy 1 and decided I wanted to try a different path in Anarchy 2, but only one more (Ryan) was taken before my 7.6 so I probably should have gone Marvin Jones, Jeudy or Lamb here and got Ryan or maybe Wentz next.

7.6 Golden Tate WR41 NYG - really wanted Preston Williams here, but went the pick before. I was driving following a funeral and was going to be in the car until after 9:00 that night so made this pick hastily without much consideration. Might have taken Dobbins or Diontae Johnson if I would have waited and searched better,

8.11 Cole Beasley WR51 BUF - meh was high on Ruggs, but Ref got him. Nothing stands out much better so hope Buffalo makes the playoffs and Beasley continues to have a role.

9.6 Patriots QB17 - Really glad I went earlier than I had planned on my second team QB here

10.11 Greg Zuerlein PK DAL- wanted one of the top three, so maybe should have waited, but so difficult knowing who will keep their jobs.

11.6 Ravens DST2 - one of the top defenses and also a super bowl favorite plus five more were taken before my next pick, seemed like the right time.

12.11 Boston Scott RB51 PHI - Eagles always seem content to run several RBs, have a fairly high Eagles team investment so Fly Eagles Fly! All in

13.6 Bucs DST12 - better defense than expected a year ago and hopefully will be much improved simply of field position and more efficient offense.

14.11 Brian Hill RB56 ATL - hoping I snagged the #2 behind Gurley rather late here

15.6 James Washington WR76 PIT - tough choices here, but like Washington's skills and hope Roethlisberger is healthy and stays that way

16.11 Jason Sanders PK28 MIA - hoping that he keeps his job all year

17.6 Jimmy Graham TE36 CHI - hoping for some red zone targets for Graham who has slowed down so much. Mistake waiting so long on second TE but truly this is the toughest draft every year and difficult to find bargains.

18.11 Miles Boykin WR85 BLT - I am  hopeful that the light comes on for Boykin, who seems like he could be an effective weapon in the Raven's offense. There were actually four or five players that I loaded in my pre-draft that were all surprises to me as being available. I hope that I chose wisely with my last two picks.

To be honest I am amazed that TD Teddy Bridgewater was the 2nd to last QB.

Carolina has too many good skill players for him to be this low. 
They went 24th in Anarchy 1 at pick 12.01, they were a definite value pick here. By comparison, I waited forever at QB in Anarchy 1 and drafted Jacksonville as QB27 at 13.05 and then took the last one, Washington at 18.12.

PK casualty:

RODRIGO BLANKENSHIP K, INDIANAPOLIS COLTS

Rodrigo Blankenship has won Colts' kicking duties. 

The Colts never re-signed Adam Vinatieri, and Blankenship has dispatched 2019 Vinatieri fill-in Chase McLaughlin. One of the best kickers in college football over the past four seasons, it was a mild surprise that Blankenship went undrafted, though he did convert "just" 81.8 percent of his senior field goal tries. Blankenship will provide 2020 fantasy value if Philip Rivers rebounds from last year's disaster. 

RELATED: 

Chase McLaughlin

Sep 5, 2020, 1:34 PM ET
Sorry, @Ben & Jerry's

TMPK !

No one should start in the hole before the season even starts if it can be avoided. 

PK is such a crapshoot position every year. 

B&Js should be able to swap out his PKs at least. Just my $0.02.

TMPK !

No one should start in the hole before the season even starts if it can be avoided. 

PK is such a crapshoot position every year. 

B&Js should be able to swap out his PKs at least. Just my $0.02.
For starters, all drafted kickers that got cut could be picked up by other teams. Second, it only makes taking established and secure kickers worth taking in earlier rounds. Third, it takes some research skills to follow what is going on in camp for 32 NFL teams. Anyone solely and blindly looking at kicker rankings (that this year were pretty inaccurate) for second and third tier kickers were going to get burned.

How is that different than drafting players in position battles for any other position? Receivers, TE, and RB lose their roles and Anarchy teams take the hit. 

Don’t like getting stuck with a camp battle kicker? Then burn a premium draft pick on a kicker! TMPK would make the kicking position useless. Every team would be usually be guaranteed 100 points and the only reason to draft one a round early would be to get one from a high scoring team or a playoff team. 

This is not meaningful, but perhaps interesting. Here is the DD view of the rosters, with projections updated this morning:

3055 rzrback77
3042 Just Win Baby
3012 Stinkin' Ref
2987 CalBear
2986 Anarchy99
2935 BroncoFreak 2K3
2925 Biabreakable
2905 Pigskin Fanatic
2901 Norseman
2898 Coordinator
2862 nittanylion
2853 Ben & Jerry's
2839 Firstseason1988
2799 Reaper
2745 JeremyX13
2726 Duckboy

Caveats:

1. These are default FBG projections in DD Classic, no modifications. I'm sure many of you and other sources of projections have different views on many players.
  2. For QB, I drafted every individual QB available in DD onto the teams in accordance with TMQB selections to make up the TMQB projections.
  3. Obviously, these projections do not account for playoff points.
  4. Obviously, these projections do not account for injuries or final roster cuts, which will make a huge impact.
The PK curse strikes again... drafted players projected with 0 points in DD:

• Duckboy - 13.10, PK Matt Gay
  • Ben & Jerry's - 15.07, PK Chase McLaughlin
  • Coordinator - 15.16, PK Greg Joseph
  • Anarchy99 - 16.13, PK Nick Folk
Other drafted players projected with 50 or fewer points in DD:

• Firstseason1988 - 13.09, RB Jaylen Samuels (19.2)
  • JeremyX13 - 18.04, RB DeAndre Washington (25.6)
  • Biabreakable - 15.15, WR Van Jefferson (32.0)
  • rzrback77 - 14.11, RB Brian Hill (33.4)
  • nittanylion - 17.03, TE Adam Trautman (34.4)
  • Norseman - 18.06, RB Dion Lewis (34.8)
  • BroncoFreak 2K3 - 8.16, RB Adrian Peterson (41.1)
  • JeremyX13 - 16.04, RB Giovani Bernard (46.0)
  • BroncoFreak 2K3 - 15.01, RB Jamaal Williams (48.3)
  • Just Win Baby - 18.03, RB Jerick McKinnon (48.6)

For starters, all drafted kickers that got cut could be picked up by other teams. Second, it only makes taking established and secure kickers worth taking in earlier rounds. Third, it takes some research skills to follow what is going on in camp for 32 NFL teams. Anyone solely and blindly looking at kicker rankings (that this year were pretty inaccurate) for second and third tier kickers were going to get burned.

How is that different than drafting players in position battles for any other position? Receivers, TE, and RB lose their roles and Anarchy teams take the hit. 

Don’t like getting stuck with a camp battle kicker? Then burn a premium draft pick on a kicker! TMPK would make the kicking position useless. Every team would be usually be guaranteed 100 points and the only reason to draft one a round early would be to get one from a high scoring team or a playoff team. 
Then it should also be no TMQBs.  

Doesn’t matter to me that much just seems like a waste to do a draft this long and lose a player, however significant or insignificant right from the get go without any recourse. 

This is not meaningful, but perhaps interesting. Here is the DD view of the rosters, with projections updated this morning:

3055 rzrback77
3042 Just Win Baby
3012 Stinkin' Ref
2987 CalBear
2986 Anarchy99
2935 BroncoFreak 2K3
2925 Biabreakable
2905 Pigskin Fanatic
2901 Norseman
2898 Coordinator
2862 nittanylion
2853 Ben & Jerry's
2839 Firstseason1988
2799 Reaper
2745 JeremyX13
2726 Duckboy

Caveats:

1. These are default FBG projections in DD Classic, no modifications. I'm sure many of you and other sources of projections have different views on many players.
  2. For QB, I drafted every individual QB available in DD onto the teams in accordance with TMQB selections to make up the TMQB projections.
  3. Obviously, these projections do not account for playoff points.
  4. Obviously, these projections do not account for injuries or final roster cuts, which will make a huge impact.
The PK curse strikes again... drafted players projected with 0 points in DD:

• Duckboy - 13.10, PK Matt Gay
  • Ben & Jerry's - 15.07, PK Chase McLaughlin
  • Coordinator - 15.16, PK Greg Joseph
  • Anarchy99 - 16.13, PK Nick Folk
Other drafted players projected with 50 or fewer points in DD:

• Firstseason1988 - 13.09, RB Jaylen Samuels (19.2)
  • JeremyX13 - 18.04, RB DeAndre Washington (25.6)
  • Biabreakable - 15.15, WR Van Jefferson (32.0)
  • rzrback77 - 14.11, RB Brian Hill (33.4)
  • nittanylion - 17.03, TE Adam Trautman (34.4)
  • Norseman - 18.06, RB Dion Lewis (34.8)
  • BroncoFreak 2K3 - 8.16, RB Adrian Peterson (41.1)
  • JeremyX13 - 16.04, RB Giovani Bernard (46.0)
  • BroncoFreak 2K3 - 15.01, RB Jamaal Williams (48.3)
  • Just Win Baby - 18.03, RB Jerick McKinnon (48.6)
I suggest you rerun the numbers on opening day when NFL rosters are more settled. Technically I am projected to have 0 points for Nick Folk but I am 95% confident he will be the Patriots kicker and they will add him once they move someone to IR. Only players on a team’s initial roster can be moved to injured reserve and come back during the season. Players placed on IR before then must miss the entire season. 

Oh and David Dodds does a fine job of projecting JWB I am surprised that Tee Higgins is projected for more than 50 points while Van Jefferson is not.

I suggest you rerun the numbers on opening day when NFL rosters are more settled. Technically I am projected to have 0 points for Nick Folk but I am 95% confident he will be the Patriots kicker and they will add him once they move someone to IR. Only players on a team’s initial roster can be moved to injured reserve and come back during the season. Players placed on IR before then must miss the entire season. 
I typically do it at conclusion of the draft and outset of the season. The timing this year implies there will be less change, since the season starts on Thursday. I will do it if I have time.

Then it should also be no TMQBs.  

Doesn’t matter to me that much just seems like a waste to do a draft this long and lose a player, however significant or insignificant right from the get go without any recourse. 
This was already discussed earlier in the thread. Losing 100 points for a PK is completely different from losing 300+ points for a QB if we had no TMQB.

Losing a PK does not kill a season. I drafted Gostkowski in the 10th round last year and lost him after 4 games and 34 points. I won the league. Had I drafted Lamar Jackson instead of the BAL TMQB, and he got hurt, I most assuredly would not have won the league; I'm sure I would have been in the bottom half somewhere.

It's apples and oranges.

Users who are viewing this thread