What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Savage Political Ad by Republican Baltimore Candidate Kimberly Klacic (1 Viewer)

So her and Joe Biden don’t want to defund the police. What does she want to do different that will change Baltimore.

• Laughing
Reactions: rct
Powerful message, it's truly unfortunate that with all the money that has been spent so many of these cities are in that condition.  She is a real long-shot to win but hopefully this puts pressure on the powers that be.  Real interested to follow her career,  looks like she has a very bright future.  

https://kimkforcongress.com/campaign-issues-6/
:goodposting:

"Name a blue city where black people's lives have gotten better...I'll wait"

• Laughing
How do Republicans fix the problems of Baltimore?
Creating jobs and opportunity with outcomes like record unemployment...not by creating  a nanny state.

Not by defunding the police.(as noted in the ad)

For starters.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Laughing
Creating jobs and opportunity with outcomes like record unemployment...not by creating  a nanny state.

Not by defunding the police.(as noted in the ad)

For starters.
What Republicans policies have created record unemployment in cities?  You realize the trend was going there under. Democratic president, right?

Her ad is little more than an attack with little actual substance and almost nothing she would actually do.

• Thanks
From her web-site:

Economic Development

Maximizing the economic impact of The Port of Baltimore and the I-270 Biotech corridor to generate thousands of Working class jobs and hundreds of small businesses is priority number 1. Our opponents like to say never let a crisis go to waste, I agree with them on that point at this moment in time. The port is the second busiest in the country and has one of the best transportation networks on the east coast. However it does not and will and Maryland has a robust Biotech industry with the National Institutes of Health NIH, Johns Hopkins, Bethesda Naval/Walter Reed and the FDA all located in the state. The multi billion Research and Development economy has a billion dollar medical supply chain waiting to be developed. With a strong focus on workforce development for current city residents and “including” West Baltimore as an Opportunity zone, current residents will be able to participate and remain in the revitalization of the city of Baltimore.

This National emergency has shown we have to bring the Billion Dollar medical equipment industry back to the US. Locating it in the Baltimore region with it’s vast Port to ship products overseas and tremendous transportation network via roads and rail to deliver the goods stateside. It compliments the research facilities in Montgomery County and Baltimore perfectly.

From her web-site:

Economic Development

Maximizing the economic impact of The Port of Baltimore and the I-270 Biotech corridor to generate thousands of Working class jobs and hundreds of small businesses is priority number 1. Our opponents like to say never let a crisis go to waste, I agree with them on that point at this moment in time. The port is the second busiest in the country and has one of the best transportation networks on the east coast. However it does not and will and Maryland has a robust Biotech industry with the National Institutes of Health NIH, Johns Hopkins, Bethesda Naval/Walter Reed and the FDA all located in the state. The multi billion Research and Development economy has a billion dollar medical supply chain waiting to be developed. With a strong focus on workforce development for current city residents and “including” West Baltimore as an Opportunity zone, current residents will be able to participate and remain in the revitalization of the city of Baltimore.

This National emergency has shown we have to bring the Billion Dollar medical equipment industry back to the US. Locating it in the Baltimore region with it’s vast Port to ship products overseas and tremendous transportation network via roads and rail to deliver the goods stateside. It compliments the research facilities in Montgomery County and Baltimore perfectly.
Boom!

I just gave her 100 bucks.

Powerful video.  I agree with her.  Not enough has been done, and I absolutely support more funding for inner cities.  :thumbup:

From her web-site:

Economic Development

She should have included some of this stuff in her ad. 

From her web-site:

Economic Development

This all sounds intriguing. Unfortunately, I don't know enough about Baltimore or the medical industry to know how accurate/realistic it is.

What did you think of the rest of the video?
It's just a hot take with Conservative buzz words.

FTR, I don't necessarily disagree with that concept.  There's a legit thought process that in certain areas the Democratic Party has enough of a majority (from suburbs) that they can backburner or even ignore the inner city (particularly like smaller cities like BAL)voter.  I don't think there's anything wrong with an inner city politician acknowledging that and holding the local Democratic Party accountable for it.

A Conservative Republican in BAL in the racially divided and charged era of Donald Trump isn't going to be that person.  

ETA: "What do you have to lose?"...... More George Floyds nationwide as racially charged people get a cue (interpreted or deliberate) from the White House that such attitudes are alright.  That's one of the things one has "to lose". 

:goodposting:

Love the armchair QBs chiming in with what she should have done with her viral Ad.
But she has, like, no chance at winning.  It’s an ad that many Republicans will like and maybe the buzz will help her career but it won’t make a difference in the election.

Powerful message, it's truly unfortunate that with all the money that has been spent so many of these cities are in that condition.  She is a real long-shot to win but hopefully this puts pressure on the powers that be.  Real interested to follow her career,  looks like she has a very bright future.  

https://kimkforcongress.com/campaign-issues-6/
I live in Baltimore City (not in her district).  Never heard of her, and no one here cares about her.

McNulty: Let me understand. Every Friday night, you and your boys are shootin crap, right? And every Friday night, your pal Snot Boogie… he’d wait till there’s cash on the ground and he’d grab it and run away? You let him do that?

Kid: We’d catch him and beat his ### but ain’t nobody ever go past that.

McNulty: I’ve gotta ask you: if every time Snot Boogie would grab the money and run away… why’d you even let him in the game?

Kid: What?

McNulty: Well, if every time, Snot Boogie stole the money, why’d you let him play?

Kid: Got to. It’s America, man.

Do you think what is going on now is working?
There are problems in many of our cities that aren’t being solved. Crime, poverty, poor schools, etc.  The causes are complex and there certainly aren’t easy solutions.  I’m skeptical that changing the party of political leaders will improve things. 

There are problems in many of our cities that aren’t being solved. Crime, poverty, poor schools, etc.  The causes are complex and there certainly aren’t easy solutions.  I’m skeptical that changing the party of political leaders will improve things. 

Especially if that political party has been moving further away from being supported by the demographics in those cities.  You think that the black/brown people in the city of Baltimore think that the GOP has their interests in mind?

Yeah...watching it again to really give it the time...few things.

-its not the Democrat party...if someone is serious, they should know this and not repeat it like she does.

-BS that she just walks the streets in a dress and heals like that...sorry, nothing savage about her acting as if that is something she would do outside this stunt

-the party itself is not pushing "defunding the police"

-it also plays into the same simplistic thing that democrat (ic) cities bad...despite it being more about the size of the city than the party.

-Democrats think black people are stupid...umm...yeah, just nonsense (especially at a time Trump is off talking about how much he has done for black people).

I could go on and on...but no, that wasn't savage, it wasn't powerful...it was a young black woman repeating weak GOP talking points about the "democrat" party...and nothing actually about her.   Less of a campaign ad and more of what you would have a special interest group pushing against a candidate.

1 million Twitter views

1 million Facebook Views

800K youtube views

In about 1 Day
It was featured on Carlson and Hannity, of course. She won with 40% of the Republican vote in the primary. She got 4,425 votes.

One of these days I guess I'll understand the insult intended in turning an adjective, Democratic, into a noun, Democrat. 

And I guess if she was serious about seeking to improve her city she'd be running for mayor. She's a Republican campaign consultant IIRC. She made her announcement to run on Fox, not local tv. I only mention all that because she appears to have had no history of trying to work in and help Baltimore? 

I have problems with the history of my own city's government, but none of these attacks seem sincere. There are no policy proposals, it's just a prop to deflect from Trump's failures and troubles. 

How do Republicans fix the problems of Baltimore?
by not doing the same things Democrats have done for 50 years ?

only thing I didn't like was she was wearing red high heals - I think dress down a bit and she didn't give more information on her platform BUT this is only one commercial and I'm sure more is to follow

hard questions for Democrats to answer though 

• Thinking
by not doing the same things Democrats have done for 50 years ?

only thing I didn't like was she was wearing red high heals - I think dress down a bit and she didn't give more information on her platform BUT this is only one commercial and I'm sure more is to follow

hard questions for Democrats to answer though 
Maybe doing different things would make things worse? I think voters will be skeptical unless they buy into clearly stated Republican ideas.

has Democrats ran Baltimore for 50 years? Are the stats she noted real ?

if the above 2 are true ... its not a deflect 
We could check, which one do you want to look at?

Obviously her candidacy is real, I meant the Trump and Fox focus on the issue of Democratic run cities.

Maybe doing different things would make things worse? I think voters will be skeptical unless they buy into clearly stated Republican ideas.
then the voters are saying they like poverty, murder, violence and crime and that's what they've had and they like how it is

majority voting wins and they get what they vote for 

• Laughing
We could check, which one do you want to look at?

Obviously her candidacy is real, I meant the Trump and Fox focus on the issue of Democratic run cities.
I went back to William Donald Schaefer ( 1971-1987) and yes, they've all been Democrats 

you wanna check the murder/violence stats ?

Users who are viewing this thread