What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Summerpalooza III: FFA Music/Fantasy Football Draft - Congrats League Champ Pip's Invitation (2 Viewers)

rockaction said:
Northern Voice said:
Yeah, it's that roster I pm'd you, so we had kept 2 QB, 2 RB, 5 WR, 1 TE. It's superflex like here, so qb went early. 

1.01  - Clyde Edwards-Helaire RB KC
1.02  - Jonathan Taylor RB IND
1.03  - Joe Burrow QB CIN
1.04  -  Tua Tagovailoa QB MIA
1.05  - DJ Chark WR JAX
1.06  - JK Dobbins RB BAL
1.07  - Justin Herbert QB LAC
1.08  - CeeDee Lamb WR DAL
1.09  - D'Andre Swift RB DET
1.10  - Cam Akers RB LAR
1.11  - Jerry Jeudy WR DEN
1.12  - Henry Ruggs III WR LV

2.01  - Zack Moss RB BUF
2.02  - DeVante Parker WR MIA
2.03  - Michael Pittman Jr WR IND
2.04  - Justin Jefferson WR MIN
2.05  - Brandon Aiyuk WR SF
2.06  - Antonio Gibson
2.07  - Damien Harris
2.08  - Jalen Reagor
2.09  - Christian Kirk
2.10  - Darrell Henderson
2.11  - Latavius Murray
2.12  - AJ Dillon

My picks bolded. Obviously Chark should have been kept. I might have taken Reagor or Kirk if we weren't so strong at WR. 

Round 3 I took Tyrod Taylor, because QB's  :bag:
Looks good, NV. Bryan Edwards nowhere to be seen, huh? He's going to likely start this year. Maybe the PFF article about him is scaring people off. Shenault and he are the two notables that I see missing. Joshua Kelley, who I just drafted in this league, is getting second team reps over Justin Jackson at RB. Waldman loves him. Maybe something to look for in the fourth.
Edwards was gone before my 3.06 and Shenault shortly after. Kelley is interesting, I have Ekeler here and though I'm not usually a handcuff guy, he makes some sense. I'm on deck and going to do a scan through what veterans are hanging around as well. 

3.01  - DeeJay Dallas RB SEA
3.02  - Tee Higgins WR CIN
3.03  - Ryquell Armstead RB JAX
3.04  - Bryan Edwards WR LV
3.05  - Parris Campbell WR IND
3.06  - Tyrod Taylor QB LAC
3.07  - Irv Smith TE MIN
3.08  - Laviska Shenault Jr WR JAX
3.09  - Philip Lindsay RB DEN
3.10  - Tyler Higbee
3.11  - Jamison Crowder
3.12  - Denzel Mims

4.01  - Allen Lazard WR GB
4.02  - Boston Scott RB PHI
4.03  - Hayden Hurst TE ATL
4.04  - Austin Hooper TE CLE
4.05  - 
4.06  - 

Northern Voice said:
12.10 Adrian Peterson, RB, WSH

song to follow.
Pretty great #### you political song - Not Ready to Make Nice - The Chicks

I made my bed, and I sleep like a baby
With no regrets, and I don't mind saying
It's a sad, sad story
When a mother will teach her daughter
That she ought to hate a perfect stranger
And how in the world
Can the words that I said
Send somebody so over the edge
That they'd write me a letter
Saying that I better
Shut up and sing
Or my life will be over?

Yeah, I think a lot of people here who probably wouldn't otherwise listen to Taylor Swift would really like it. 
I wouldn't normally listen to her (I listen to Ryan Adams cover of the 1989 album a lot though) - but was curious after reading it was produced by the guy from the National. It sounds like an indie rock record.

Last edited by a moderator:
Listened to about 40 minutes of the playlist so far. A song I never heard before that I liked turned out to be by Wilco. It seems this happens in just about every draft I'm in,that I like a Wilco song. For all I know it could always be the same song but what album is a good starting point for a new fan?

Listened to about 40 minutes of the playlist so far. A song I never heard before that I liked turned out to be by Wilco. It seems this happens in just about every draft I'm in,that I like a Wilco song. For all I know it could always be the same song but what album is a good starting point for a new fan?
You'll get a different answer from everyone. If you can handle some weirdness, Yankee Hotel Foxtrot would be my recommendation. I also love love love Kicking Television: Live in Chicago as a live overview of their first five albums. 

Also -- because of the long wait between picks -- all draft long, I've done very little pre-analysis of who I wanted when I came back on the clock. So when it's been my turn -- even if I'm fully available immediately -- I go through the following:

a) Open up the Google Docs spreadsheet, copy/paste last two rounds picks into my own spreadsheet
b) Mark off who was picked by position on my own spreadsheet
c) Analyze who/what is left, make up a short list
d) Check short list online for last-minute injury news
e) Last-second sanity check -- anyone out there unquestionably better than who I've decided on? This step doesn't take that long, but I will peruse a few headlines on Google News and some FF info that I subscribe to.
f) Start looking for music. Some players/teams are more difficult than others. I spent about 15 minutes or so going through options for Allen Lazard (Des Moines, Iowa State, and Green Bay aren't fertile ground). Bailey, from OKC, was easier -- either OKC's Flaming Lips, or a slew from the Dallas area.
g) Type it all out in a separate file, formatted. This actually saves me time -- I don't have to hand-code the formatting each time in the FFA.
h) Post picks to thread.

After simey picked and "atted" me last time ... I did all the above plus took two work phone calls and responded to a few MS Teams messages. So, I could have maybe picked ~5 minutes faster had there been no interruptions.

You'll get a different answer from everyone. If you can handle some weirdness, Yankee Hotel Foxtrot would be my recommendation. I also love love love Kicking Television: Live in Chicago as a live overview of their first five albums. 
Just finished YHF- solid album nothing great or terrible and didn't think there was any "weirdness". Fav track "I'm the Man Who Loves You" followed by "Heavy Metal Drummer" and "Ashes of American Flags"

I'll fire up Being There next

I second the recommendations of Yankee Hotel Foxtrot and Being There, but also highly recommend A Ghost Is Born and, if you want to try more recent stuff, Star Wars.

Users who are viewing this thread