What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Summerpalooza III: FFA Music/Fantasy Football Draft - Congrats League Champ Pip's Invitation (2 Viewers)

I was thinking I had a loser lineup with two TEs taking up space on the team, one starting, one on the bench. "What are you gonna do," I jeered at myself, "start one in Superflex?" Huh. Well. One has 26 and the other has 22 points. Brady has about ten. So much for that impenetrable logic.

I was thinking I had a loser lineup with two TEs taking up space on the team, one starting, one on the bench. "What are you gonna do," I jeered at myself, "start one in Superflex?" Huh. Well. One has 26 and the other has 22 points. Brady has about ten. So much for that impenetrable logic.
I started Jonnu over Engram in my other one, so some of my decisions have worked. 

What is up with the Rams uniforms?  Who decided that dingy cream is a good look?  It looks like they have laundry issues.

Gotta love that Colts kicker, though.

simey said:
I figured out how to add a song. It isn't like it normally is, but when on Spotify on your computer, right click the song and hit open in desktop app. You don't have to download the desktop app, and it will blink and take you to the desktop app. Then you click on the song, and you hit add to playlist, and it will give you a menu of all your playlist to add it to. You add it, and then you click out of the all the those windows, and your back to your normal Spotify.
simey.....I'm Sorry

If it makes you feel any better, I had a fifty point lead on Metcalf and Wilson going into another game in a different league.

No more.

I actually got a little excited when I finished researching all that. Without getting too emotive, I think of how fortunate I am to have had a life filled with this music and that I can hear and appreciate it. Junior Brown to Gnarls runs a pop gamut from modern Western Rockabilly/Country Swing to Electro/DJ Soul, and I love both songs. How lucky to have them! 

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually got a little excited when I finished researching all that. Without getting too emotive, I think of how fortunate I am to have had a life filled with this music and that I can hear and appreciate it. Junior Brown to Gnarls runs a pop gamut from modern Western Rockabilly/Country Swing to Electro/DJ Soul, and I love both songs. How lucky to have them! 
and to so easily be able to access them at any moment you desire

This is going to be a huge add by the end of the year. I almost added him like six-seven times and couldn't find a guy to drop. Like, I literally clicked the green button cross to bring his name up and was dropping Higbee or Smith.

Song rules, too. 
Well when you have a starting WR that is dead, it's an easier decision to make. :D

This is going to be a huge add by the end of the year. I almost added him like six-seven times and couldn't find a guy to drop. Like, I literally clicked the green button cross to bring his name up and was dropping Higbee or Smith.

Song rules, too. 
Seems like he could be their next Martavis (as in not many catches but high impact plays guy)

Seems like he could be their next Martavis (as in not many catches but high impact plays guy)
Yeah, he's just got to crack the lineup as their steady third (and Diontae Johnson has a lingering toe injury) and I think it's explosion time. I drafted him here, I think. Think I cut him for Jonnu or something.

Song rules, too. 
Essentially he goes in the lineup once Desean Jackson pulls his hernia again.  And hopefully they each get 3 catches, 90 yards, 1 td each time they are in the lineup.

(So far, no, Desean is not doing that.)

Yeah, he's just got to crack the lineup as their steady third (and Diontae Johnson has a lingering toe injury) and I think it's explosion time. I drafted him here, I think. Think I cut him for Jonnu or something.
Jonnu is probably a better fantasy player so that was a good move 

Jonnu is probably a better fantasy player so that was a good move 
Yeah, thanks, but it kills me to carry two TEs with such short benches before bye weeks even hit. TE? TE? Nice to have some good ones so far, though. If I'd neglected it as I always do, I might have come up short in the future.

Yeah, thanks, but it kills me to carry two TEs with such short benches before bye weeks even hit. TE? TE? Nice to have some good ones so far, though. If I'd neglected it as I always do, I might have come up short in the future.
Oh, didn't realize he was the 2nd TE. I hear you, especially tough in 2QB league with these short benches. I really hate that Kittle got hurt and I've had to grab a 2nd TE as well.

I watched a documentary about the story of how "Jesus Walks" came to be. Interesting doc, really. The sample they use in the song -- the church choir -- got to Kanye through a friend who was feeling awful about a divorce. His friend (the friend's friend) put his arm around his shoulder and took him to his car at work and they listened to the song. Moved, the man called up Kanye, who he'd come up with, and told him he had to use the song. Kanye heard it and began writing the lyrics for the song, and thus, "Jesus Walks" was born. It was a hip hop documentary on AMC, I think. 

eta* One funny part of it all is that Kanye -- being Kanye - was insistent to Roc-A-Fella Records that "Jesus Walks" be the first single off of College Dropout. Dame Dash and Jay-Z held firm, and "Through The Wire" it was, which was a good thing. An anecdote: That first single made such a big impression on me when it came out (many months before the album) that I got a bootlegged copy at a place called The Village in New Britain (don't tell anyone) right before its release date. These guys had the hook up. It was a brick and mortar, too. 

Users who are viewing this thread