What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Summerpalooza III: FFA Music/Fantasy Football Draft - Congrats League Champ Pip's Invitation (2 Viewers)

I just got Kittle'd. :thumbdown:

It's a match up all over again.
It’s been a good game, best of luck. Its Mahomes vs Adams who might not even play tho so I’m sure you are good. I should have played Herbert over Rivers. That’s obviously the move going forward.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went to visit some friends this past weekend, and Saturday afternoon we saw a live band for the first time in months. It was in Durham where they live, and it was behind a brewery. It was an Allman Brothers cover band, and they were fun. There were pods in the back parking lot where the band played, and only 4 people were allowed per pod, and they were about 15 feet apart.  It wasn't crowded, and it was safe. It was fun.  Anyway, that night we watched the first 30 minutes of Saturday Night Live, and at midnight Austin City Limits came on, and it was a celebration type thing of John Prine. It showed him singing his songs from different stages in his life when he was on ACL.  It was good. Did anybody else watch it?

It’s been a good game, best of luck. Its Mahomes vs Adams who might not even play tho so I’m sure you are good. I should have played Herbert over Rivers. That’s obviously the move going forward.
Yes, it has been pretty good. Same to you. In honor of Kittle, from University of Iowa, here's a band from Marshalltown, IA doing some pretty righteous punk rock. Warning: This isn't really Monday morning music.

D.E.A.D.R.A.M.O.N.E.S. - Modern Life Is War

Mismanaged my roster so bad. Left Adams in WR instead of flex so I can’t even play Rex. Congrats on the win Rock

Mismanaged my roster so bad. Left Adams in WR instead of flex so I can’t even play Rex. Congrats on the win Rock
If it makes you feel better, I did something similar last week and was only reminded this week because of TEN/PIT to adjust my flexes properly. You still have Hardman and Mahomes needs to throw to somebody. T'aint over yet, but I appreciate the sentiment.

eta* And as someone in a NEP household who has to follow it, I don't think Burkhead was getting you there. Better to play Hardman and hope for bombs away against the lighter part of the secondary (I assume Gilmore is on Hill). Anyway, best.

rockaction said:
If it makes you feel better, I did something similar last week and was only reminded this week because of TEN/PIT to adjust my flexes properly. You still have Hardman and Mahomes needs to throw to somebody. T'aint over yet, but I appreciate the sentiment.

eta* And as someone in a NEP household who has to follow it, I don't think Burkhead was getting you there. Better to play Hardman and hope for bombs away against the lighter part of the secondary (I assume Gilmore is on Hill). Anyway, best.
Maybe but it’s hard to see Mahomes not out scoring Hardman. I am half tempted to throw in a random Packer WR, hope CEH runs for all the TDs is a slow slug fest and the random Packers WR catches a long TD.

Maybe but it’s hard to see Mahomes not out scoring Hardman. I am half tempted to throw in a random Packer WR, hope CEH runs for all the TDs is a slow slug fest and the random Packers WR catches a long TD.
😠 

(I'm up 24 with CEH left to go and I really don't need a second massive come from behind miracle against me)

I’m an idiot for not playing Herbert over Rivers. Never even looked at it honestly, forget I even had him. I’m way too busy to give any of my usual energy or thought this year and somehow I ended up in twice as many leagues as usual.

I’m an idiot for not playing Herbert over Rivers. Never even looked at it honestly, forget I even had him. I’m way too busy to give any of my usual energy or thought this year and somehow I ended up in twice as many leagues as usual.
Back in the day we'd clip the boldface font and make it a signature. Proof! We have proof! He admitted it.

Ahhh, those were the days on this board, amirite?

But to the topic, I'm in a league on ESPN that I thought I was just drafting for. I haven't even checked the lineup this week. Another league still has me managing on Yahoo! when I told the guys I wasn't even drafting. My "Gold" status is now in doubt, because the team playing under my name is horrible. I may wind up with "Silver." Oh Noes, Yahoo! 

All that is by way of saying you're not alone.

My eff-it pick-up-&-start selection is TE Robert Toynan worked out all right.

Take your time coming back, Jared Cook.
That was crazy. He almost cost me my game in my big money league. If Calvin Ridley had manage 20 yards, I would have lost on the back of Tonyan. Dodged one there.

So it looks like I can't reduce the number of bench spots in season - only increase. So we can either

A - Go to 7 bench spots for the rest of the year

or

B - 5 bench spots with an agreement the last two are only for covid use. 

So it looks like I can't reduce the number of bench spots in season - only increase. So we can either

Just due to uncertainty alone ... my vote is for (A).

I'm hoping teams have a better handle on things going forward ... but I can also imagine a week with a few forfeitures.

or

B - 5 bench spots with an agreement the last two are only for covid use. 
Didn't some teams already get to add players to those extra bench spots?

Just seeing this, already dropped Greg Ward because I'm fairly sure my IR guys haven't been declared out yet, though Godwin will be. Dropping Greg Ward was no big deal at all.

Don't really care about what you do about this. As long as it's consistent from this point on, I think we should be good. I think maybe just go to full seven on the bench so we're not policing those that are neglecting pruning their bench. That's really the last thing I want to be doing. Those are my two cents.

Just seeing this, already dropped Greg Ward because I'm fairly sure my IR guys haven't been declared out yet, though Godwin will be. Dropping Greg Ward was no big deal at all.

Don't really care about what you do about this. As long as it's consistent from this point on, I think we should be good. I think maybe just go to full seven on the bench so we're not policing those that are neglecting pruning their bench. That's really the last thing I want to be doing. Those are my two cents.
Yes - just add the slots. Let’s not complicate things.

The Eddie Van Halen death sucks. I don't listen to a lot of 80s metal these days but I grew up listening to it all the time because it's what my older brother listened to. Van Halen, AC/DC, Whitesnake, Bon Jovi, Warrant, Poison, Motley Crue, Skid Row and of course Def Leppard. Hearing all those bands takes me back there to when those were all I listened to and my brother and I were close as could be, which we are not so much these days.

On perhaps my last buddy trip to Vegas ever, October of '19, I and one other buddy made our way to a Sunday night concert outside The Linq.  80's cover band, with a dance floor.  The ol' facooker caught the eye of the lead singer (a very talented lass)...she gave me the mic for the chorus of Panama.  "PAN-a-MAha-ha-HA-HA-HA!"  We brought down the house.  RIP Eddie.  You're a genius.

PANAMA    :headbang:

No idea if Flacco is the guy this week, would actually like to see Morgan in this dumpster fire of a year for the Jets, but Flacco it is for now... unless it isn't... Stafford is off so need a guy

Going with some Billy

Pressure

Added Gabriel Davis, WR, BUF

Song: We've already established Buffalo is a musical wasteland. Davis was born in the Orlando area and went to UCF. Unfortunately, Orlando is also a musical wasteland. Nothing but boy bands, death metal bands and Matchbox Twenty. So I'm going to invoke the "Toronto counts for Buffalo" rule that I was told existed in previous years. Triumph -- Fight the Good Fight 

New England/Denver and Tennessee/Buffalo both in question.

To be clear, based on last week's precedent, if they are rescheduled, we won't do anything, especially since we have extra bench spots now. They will just be treated as bye weeks. 

If it's moved to Monday/Tuesday and there is question whether a game will happen, you will be able to name a provisional starter if a game is postponed last minute (again, this time no bench spots added, so plan ahead)

Added Gabriel Davis, WR, BUF

Song: We've already established Buffalo is a musical wasteland. Davis was born in the Orlando area and went to UCF. Unfortunately, Orlando is also a musical wasteland. Nothing but boy bands, death metal bands and Matchbox Twenty. So I'm going to invoke the "Toronto counts for Buffalo" rule that I was told existed in previous years. Triumph -- Fight the Good Fight 
The rule has actually always been 100 miles "as the crow flies" so Buffalo by that distance legitimately claims Toronto as it's territory for our purposes. 

Users who are viewing this thread