What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Summerpalooza III: FFA Music/Fantasy Football Draft - Congrats League Champ Pip's Invitation (2 Viewers)

Well, my guys definitely did not show last week and injuries are starting to mount and take their toll.

Back to the pack I go!  Keep the seats warm, I'm coming.

Hold On!

eta* BTW facook, good show. Congrats. You were redi, it seems.

We're Ready

an underrated song lost in expectations to their first eponymous album.
Sorry bud, your dudes didn't show.  And Johnu getting hurt hurt both of us....

If it makes you feel any better I sat the super cold Matt Ryan for Cam Newton in Shiny.  Matt Ryan...getting Julio back....Cam Newton, who hadn't jogged or touched a football for 2 weeks.  I'M AN IDIOT.

Oh I'M READY...  Are YOU?!

Well, my guys definitely did not show last week and injuries are starting to mount and take their toll.

Back to the pack I go!  Keep the seats warm, I'm coming.

Hold On!

eta* BTW facook, good show. Congrats. You were redi, it seems.

We're Ready

an underrated song lost in expectations to their first eponymous album.
I was just telling my wife and son how much I enjoyed our exchange last weekend, and how I kicked your A, and played them AC/DC "Are You Ready?"  My wife shows me this picture her first grade student made for her and dropped off at school for her today.  "Are You Ready?" made her think of this.  :D  

Are You Ready?

It's Dr. Octopus this week for the squad. We shall we what it brings. I see you might start Ruggs. Attempting to win my heart will get you nowhere when you're kicking my butt to his tune of 5-140-1.

That'll stink. 

Bucs have a really, really good defense this year, so that's certainly an optimistic position.
I have very little choices as to who to start, unfortunately.

I have very little choices as to who to start, unfortunately.
Hopefully Rivers continues to come through for you. I have to start Breshad Perriman at super flex this week which I’ve heard is not ideal. He will almost certainly be better than Hardman was at super flex last week though.

Hopefully Rivers continues to come through for you. I have to start Breshad Perriman at super flex this week which I’ve heard is not ideal. He will almost certainly be better than Hardman was at super flex last week though.
Rivers looks horrendous but he did produce last week - he's on a bye this week so hopefully he rests his arm up.

Added: Jeff Wilson Jr., JaMycal Hasty (San Francisco 49ers)

Songs: Laugh Laugh, Rock N' Roll (Could Never Hip-Hop Like This)

Artists: Beau Brummels, Handsome Boy Modeling School

Added: Philadelphia Eagles D/ST

Song: Harlem Shake

Artist: Baauer

Bonus Track:

Harlem Shake ft. Despot and El-P

I'm goin' ham I'm goin' cheese I'm goin' bread
I'm goin' sandwich hold those famines you're all fed
I'm going so over your head
You should eat something else instead
When I blow up only hope that the explosion leave you dead
Take cover the mother of all mothers of mothers of all mothers is comin'

That don't love you
Run from it -- burn rubber
The one hundred hit wonder

That come with his own thunder that rumbles and oh brother
The block snuggles under the covers and starts snorin'
The streets ain't watching no more you're all boring...

&

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there anyway the trade I made with @Ilov80s can be pushed through? Part of the reason I made it was for this week where I was short handed. I didn’t realize there was a two day waiting period - that makes no sense.
Would be fine with me. When I accepted it, I assumed it would go through right away. 
I changed this so going forward trades will be in effect immediately

Added: Jeff Wilson Jr., JaMycal Hasty (San Francisco 49ers)

Songs: Laugh Laugh, Rock N' Roll (Could Never Hip-Hop Like This)

Artists: Beau Brummels, Handsome Boy Modeling School

Added: Philadelphia Eagles D/ST

Song: Harlem Shake

Artist: Baauer

Bonus Track:

Harlem Shake ft. Despot and El-P

I'm goin' ham I'm goin' cheese I'm goin' bread
I'm goin' sandwich hold those famines you're all fed
I'm going so over your head
You should eat something else instead
When I blow up only hope that the explosion leave you dead
Take cover the mother of all mothers of mothers of all mothers is comin'

That don't love you
Lovin' to burn rubber
The one hundred hit wonder

That come with his own thunder that rumbles and oh brother
The block snuggles under the covers and starts snorin'
The streets ain't watching no more you're all boring...

&
I work for a large corporation.  We had our "district' do one of these Harlem Shake videos a few years ago.  Picture 150 white dudes and 50 white girls (+/- a few people of color) participating.  I put on one of the "funny" masks only because I was so ashamed.  Gross....

Added Trey Burton, TE Indianapolis

Indianapolis and Venice/Sarasota/St. Pete, FL are wastelands (sorry Margot), so I'm cheating a bit.

End of the Road - Boyz II Men - written by Babyface who is from Indianapolis
I've run into this problem with Indy and various parts of Florida. For the former, I really need to learn more about the music of

Wes Montgomery.

Also: Boyz II Men are from Philadelphia, Trey Burton is best known for his role in The Philly Special. So there you go, another connection. 

I work for a large corporation.  We had our "district' do one of these Harlem Shake videos a few years ago.  Picture 150 white dudes and 50 white girls (+/- a few people of color) participating.  I put on one of the "funny" masks only because I was so ashamed.  Gross....
That's worse than our CEO doing the Electric Slide with a bunch of drunk women at last year's holiday party. 

OMG. Does getting drunk with a few of your work friends on the road and talking about sex and drugs with the COO in earshot count? 
At the same conference, our "Hall of Fame" area director climbed hand over hand up the parking garage walls (cable-walls) and then peed beside his limo, in full view of both genders, cause he couldn't hold it.  So....no.

Our Board of Directors did the Honkey Tonk Badonkadonk at one conference.  :bag:    Top that?

OMG. Does getting drunk with a few of your work friends on the road and talking about sex and drugs with the COO in earshot count? 

At the same conference, our "Hall of Fame" area director climbed hand over hand up the parking garage walls (cable-walls) and then peed beside his limo, in full view of both genders, cause he couldn't hold it.  So....no.
But wait....there's more....

Pitchfork said:
Also, sorry RA, I was looking at different trade permutations and sent that one without fully thinking it through :lol:
No sweat, NV. Hey, I didn't even see it, so my apologies also. What was it? Anything tasty?

eta* Don't worry about telling me what it was. I just saw it on my once-main email. (It was my main one until about a month ago, when I accidentally sort of consolidated fantasy stuff into one email, really.) Thanks for the thought, man. That's pretty even. It's a moot point, but I'd have thought about that.

Pitchfork said:
Also, sorry RA, I was looking at different trade permutations and sent that one without fully thinking it through :lol:
No sweat, NV. Hey, I didn't even see it, so my apologies. What was it? Anything tasty?
Fulgham/Foles for Carr/Kelley. I still think there may be some sense to it. I figured you'd inevitably counter for one of my other non-Burrow QB's and then I'd probably do it. But as I was proposing it, I was reading the shark pool Fulgham thread and got cold feet :lol:

Fulgham/Foles for Carr/Kelley. I still think there may be some sense to it. I figured you'd inevitably counter for one of my other non-Burrow QB's and then I'd probably do it. But as I was proposing it, I was reading the shark pool Fulgham thread and got cold feet :lol:
No sweat, brother. Heh. I can relate. See my above edit for thoughts. Pretty even deal -- I'm desperate for RBs, though, so I probably would have held. I'm hurtin' there.

Wait, wat?

Guess I'll have some lineup changes in fantasy football this week. 
They’re saying only one of them had Covid and will be out. The other four will play if they continue to test negative. But the game was moved to late afternoon so the league won’t risk losing the SNF game. Seattle is now SNF.

You can wait around for other positions, but not worth it for a kicker IMO.

They’re saying only one of them had Covid and will be out. The other four will play if they continue to test negative. But the game was moved to late afternoon so the league won’t risk losing the SNF game. Seattle is now SNF.

You can wait around for other positions, but not worth it for a kicker IMO.
Yeah, just saw that. Gruden said he "hopes" to have some offensive linemen back for Sunday. If ever anything was said through some ruefully gritted teeth, it was probably that.

For my other league, it is PPR. What do you think, Boston Scott or Darrell Henderson? Every place I go that does rankings has them literally right next to each other. 

For my other league, it is PPR. What do you think, Boston Scott or Darrell Henderson? Every place I go that does rankings has them literally right next to each other. 
If it's half PPR for running backs, I go Henderson. That's just who I like to watch play better. Who they're facing is also the question. Giants or Chicago? Dunno, but Chicago seems pretty stout against the run while the Giants get the green light. Decisions, decisions...

Toss up, bro.

If it's half PPR for running backs, I go Henderson. That's just who I like to watch play better. Who they're facing is also the question. Giants or Chicago? Dunno, but Chicago seems pretty stout against the run while the Giants get the green light. Decisions, decisions...

Toss up, bro.
It is full PPR and yes it's a tough one. I am a big favorite, not sure if that matters. 

For anyone interested in Love the band, this is sort of a fascinating look into one of their alternate takes from "You Set The Scene" off of Forever Changes.

While the YouTube video calls it early "rap," it's really just different emphasis on vocals done through tracking. But it does sound a bit like rap.

You Set The Scene

WSIS (pick 3): Fulgham, OBJ, Lamb, Justin Jackson. 

Think I'm rolling Fulgham in tonight so I have interest in it, plus JJackson is made of glass and on injury report. 

It may be time to send OBJ a message. 

And watch him go off for 6/150/2 or something

WSIS (pick 3): Fulgham, OBJ, Lamb, Justin Jackson. 

Think I'm rolling Fulgham in tonight so I have interest in it, plus JJackson is made of glass and on injury report. 

It may be time to send OBJ a message. 

And watch him go off for 6/150/2 or something
Lamb makes me nervous with Dalton. I actually like the matchup for OBJ a lot. 

Users who are viewing this thread