What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Points per First Down Projection HELP (1 Viewer)

CMU37484

Footballguy
My league just decided to switch from typical PPR to PPFD for all receiving and rushing first downs.  Loving the idea and starting to prep for it......but it's a struggle to find sites that have projections, cheat sheets, etc. that support it.  Im struggling to just find traditonal stats anywhere that track first down plays.

Any suggestions/input would be welcome

My league just decided to switch from typical PPR to PPFD for all receiving and rushing first downs.  Loving the idea and starting to prep for it......but it's a struggle to find sites that have projections, cheat sheets, etc. that support it.  Im struggling to just find traditonal stats anywhere that track first down plays.

Any suggestions/input would be welcome
Some info here 

https://www.fantasypros.com/2020/04/point-per-first-down-ppfd-fantasy-football-league-primer/

I prefer PP1st over PPR since they actually need to go forward to get points for it. There is no real strategy on a specific player who gets more first downs outside of ones that are good and get the ball often, so it does not really change your draft outside of slightly increasing the value of running QBs. It does make RBs a little better, since they tend to benefit more from first downs relative to receivers, comparing to PPR. 

I think the guys that get the majority of targets and rushes will be the guys that get the majority of qst downs.  I don't think you are going to find some special 1st down stud that will put you over the top.  Good players get the ball and they get the ball in key situations.  

I wouldn't spend a bunch of time coming up with something elaborate.  

Users who are viewing this thread