What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Green Dot (1 Viewer)

umjaker

Footballguy
Who are we anticipating to have the green dot on the defense

Arizona- Jordan Hicks
Atlanta- Deion Jones
Baltimore- Patrick Queen
Buffalo- Tremaine Edmunds
Carolina- Shaq Thompson
Chicago- Roquan Smith
Cincinnati- Germaine Pratt
Cleveland- Sione Takikati
Dallas- Leighton Vander Esch
Denver- AJ Johnson
Detroit- Jahlani Tavai
Houston- Zach Cunningham
Indianapolis- Darius Leonard
Green Bay- Christian Kirksey
Jacksonville- Joe Schobert
Kansas City- Anthony Hitchens
Las Vegas- Cory Littleton
Los Angeles R- Kenny Young
Los Angeles C- Kenneth Murray
Miami- Jerome Baker
Minnesota- Erik Kendricks
New England- Ja'Whaun Bentley
New York G- Blake Martinez
New York J- Avery Williamson
New Orleans- Demario Davis
Philadelphia- Nate Gerry
Pittsburgh- Devin Bush
San Francisco- Fred Warner
Seattle- Bobby Wagner
Tampa Bay- Devin White
Tennessee- Rashaan Evans
Washington-  Thomas Davis

LVR - Kwiatkoski was wearing the green dot last I read.

LAR - Kiser and Howard were running with the 1s this week.

Good thread! Are these forecasts to be confirmed/reviewed? I read yesterday that BJ Goodson is wearing the dot in Cleveland so far. I'm definitely interested in who's wearing the dot in Cincy, Miami, Detroit, New England, Washington, LAR, & LAC. Didn't jayon brown wear it for Tennessee last year?

Just trying to start some dialogue on who is going to be the every down lb, the green dot is an indication which players are going to be playing the sub packages.

Good article below

Mike Woellert 4for4.com

tripp said:
Good thread! Are these forecasts to be confirmed/reviewed? I read yesterday that BJ Goodson is wearing the dot in Cleveland so far. I'm definitely interested in who's wearing the dot in Cincy, Miami, Detroit, New England, Washington, LAR, & LAC. Didn't jayon brown wear it for Tennessee last year?

Just trying to start some dialogue on who is going to be the every down lb, the green dot is an indication which players are going to be playing the sub packages.

Good article below

Mike Woellert 4for4.com
Great article. Don't think Malik Harrison belongs on the list per other lists and per coachspeak that has him off in coverage. At least, that seems to be consensus. Also doubting another unproven player or two, but overall an instructive list, at least on my end.

Great article. Don't think Malik Harrison belongs on the list per other lists and per coachspeak that has him off in coverage. At least, that seems to be consensus. Also doubting another unproven player or two, but overall an instructive list, at least on my end.
Got a link to that coachspeak? This is what I have:

“To the physicality, the way he moves and his size, he’s really talented. He’s a really big person, and he moves really fluidly and smoothly," Ravens coach John Harbaugh said. "He has great body control. He’s a guy that [when] you teach him footwork, he picks it up quickly – whether it’s defense or special teams. That’s a gift." Harrison will start at WILL in the base package, but could also switch positions with Queen. Both players are expected to make an impact in pass coverage, which is a challenge for any young player. "For the rookies, the pass coverages aren’t as sophisticated [in college]," Harbaugh said. "Even as Ohio State has a sophisticated defense, it’s not like here. So, the ability to adjust and feel and know where the routes are at, it takes a lifetime of playing linebacker. He made a big step from yesterday to today, and to see – like you said – the plays that he made, that was good to see.”

I read that as he will get base...and if he keeps playing like that why would they take him off the field in nickel? 

Got a link to that coachspeak? This is what I have:

“To the physicality, the way he moves and his size, he’s really talented. He’s a really big person, and he moves really fluidly and smoothly," Ravens coach John Harbaugh said. "He has great body control. He’s a guy that [when] you teach him footwork, he picks it up quickly – whether it’s defense or special teams. That’s a gift." Harrison will start at WILL in the base package, but could also switch positions with Queen. Both players are expected to make an impact in pass coverage, which is a challenge for any young player. "For the rookies, the pass coverages aren’t as sophisticated [in college]," Harbaugh said. "Even as Ohio State has a sophisticated defense, it’s not like here. So, the ability to adjust and feel and know where the routes are at, it takes a lifetime of playing linebacker. He made a big step from yesterday to today, and to see – like you said – the plays that he made, that was good to see.”

I read that as he will get base...and if he keeps playing like that why would they take him off the field in nickel? 
Wow. Yeah. That wasn't what Harbaugh was saying when he first assessed the two before camp (Queen and Harrison). Queen was to be the three-down back, I maybe assumed Harrison comes off in coverage. I guess that's why you wait until camp. Thanks for posting. I'm trying to keep up with everything involving guys I drafted or have an interest in. Like, here's a difference where you and I have gleaned, and I should tell the reader you've been doing this a lot longer than me. But, for example, you're high on Oren Burks, but everything I've read in the blogs pooh-poohs him and elevates other guys (maybe because he plays more like a safety or has a safety body type). But I could be wrong, and so could they. We ought post about it, though, just for clarity.

By the way, I forgot to send you an invite to Summerpalooza III. Here's the link. You've been both a stalwart of the music drafts and of the SP, so this might really interest you. We start soon. Basically, what we do is have a music draft relating to football players. In this case you draft a player and a song from a band 100 miles from either the player's football city, his college, or his place of birth. It's Non-IDP Superflex league with relatively short benches. Interesting league and fun draft. Not sure if you're up for it, but you certainly merit an invite, bro. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. Yeah. That wasn't what Harbaugh was saying when he first assessed the two before camp (Queen and Harrison). Queen was to be the three-down back, I maybe assumed Harrison comes off in coverage. I guess that's why you wait until camp. Thanks for posting. I'm trying to keep up with everything involving guys I drafted or have an interest in. Like, here's a difference where you and I have gleaned, and I should tell the reader you've been doing this a lot longer than me. But, for example, you're high on Oren Burks, but everything I've read in the blogs pooh-poohs him and elevates other guys (maybe because he plays more like a safety or has a safety body type). But I could be wrong, and so could they. We ought post about it, though, just for clarity.

By the way, I forgot to send you an invite to Summerpalooza III. Here's the link. You've been both a stalwart of the music drafts and of the SP, so this might really interest you. We start soon. Basically, what we do is have a music draft relating to football players. In this case you draft a player and a song from a band 100 miles from either the player's football city, his college, or his place of birth. It's Non-IDP Superflex league with relatively short benches. Interesting league and fun draft. Not sure if you're up for it, but you certainly merit an invite, bro. 
I wouldn't say I'm high on Burks, but I was more receptive to him because last year was essentially a waste. He tore his pec...then played anyway. Most guys with that injury don't and for good reason. Burks couldn't even bench 135 during the season, but refused to go on IR. Wild. But the LB buzz out of Packer camp has been Kamal Martin. I don't know if that says more about him or the others, but regardless of the answer the one share I have of Burks is probably going to be whacked on cutdown day next week.

Appreciate the invite, but I'm abstaining from anything but established leagues this year. I'm actually happy a couple of mine aren't happening. If you think about it throw me a line next year when things are (hopefully) some semblance of normal. Maybe my want-to will return. 

I wouldn't say I'm high on Burks, but I was more receptive to him because last year was essentially a waste. He tore his pec...then played anyway. Most guys with that injury don't and for good reason. Burks couldn't even bench 135 during the season, but refused to go on IR. Wild. But the LB buzz out of Packer camp has been Kamal Martin. I don't know if that says more about him or the others, but regardless of the answer the one share I have of Burks is probably going to be whacked on cutdown day next week.

Appreciate the invite, but I'm abstaining from anything but established leagues this year. I'm actually happy a couple of mine aren't happening. If you think about it throw me a line next year when things are (hopefully) some semblance of normal. Maybe my want-to will return. 
Regarding Burks, thanks for the info. That's great. I knew the story of his torn pec and have seen him since (he's put on about fifteen even over last year and apparently come a long way from his injury) but hadn't heard that camp buzz I would have liked. I guess I'll look to cut down, too. I'd already planned on it, but your imprimatur on the matter means something. 

As for the league, no sweat. We're actually in our third year, but I know what you're getting at. I'm not sure how we're even handling COVID and stuff. It was a competitive league last year, though. Some really good redrafters taking part. I'll definitely keep you in mind for next year should it go into its fourth. Peace, brother. 

I'm not sure about the dot, but it definitely seems like Goodson is 3DLB now that Mack is out. It's a week old article but it mentions Goodson is in for all packages.

Martin is going under the knife and will be out half the season with knee surgery to repair his meniscus.  I get the two-fer on meniscuses.  I have Martin and Derwin James..  great....

Ourlads showing J Davis starting over Tavai in Detroit.

Also showing Baker as a back up in Miami.

Free value in NEP and Rams if you can guessthe right guy there

NYJ have Neville Hewitt with the green dot.

The 4for4 article has a few hiccups. This being one of the bigger ones.

The starting ILBs are Williamson (hurt) and Hewitt, with Neville calling the plays. The back ups are Onwuasor and then Cashmen and then Bello.  This all coming from theathletic and their reporters.

The starting ILBs are Williamson (hurt) and Hewitt, with Neville calling the plays. The back ups are Onwuasor and then Cashmen and then Bello.  This all coming from theathletic and their reporters.
I don't disagree with you, but I haven't seen that info in Athletic articles.  Maybe you've seen it elsewhere?  I currently see:

Analysis: Onwuasor’s knee injury will sideline him for a bit, Gase said on Tuesday. Even before that, though, he wasn’t doing much with the defense. The Jets seem to have settled on Hewitt and Cashman with the starters, then Williamson and Burgess. This is easily the Jets’ deepest position. All four guys have shown they can be effective starters.
and

Surprisingly, it doesn’t look like Avery Williamson factors into this. The big-money free-agent signing from 2018 worked almost exclusively with the second-team defense. Maybe it’s because he’s still recovering from offseason knee surgery? That’s certainly possible. But then why would the Jets have him take a pay cut? Neville Hewitt and Blake Cashman are the top two linebackers at practice. Hewitt is a favorite of defensive coordinator Gregg Williams, while Cashman looks legitimately improved from a promising-but-injury-shortened 2019.
No doubt it's an unclear situation

Cashman and Hewitt.   

Who you got?
If both are out there, I'd likely prefer Cashman as he is slightly bigger, faster and quicker and will get to freelance for more splash plays.  But Hewitt will be calling plays and be the last player to leave the field amongst the LBs.

Who are we anticipating to have the green dot on the defense

Arizona- Jordan Hicks
Atlanta- Deion Jones** vs SEA 59 Snaps 95%
Baltimore- Patrick Queen vs ATL 54 Snaps 74%
Buffalo- Tremaine Edmunds** vs NYJ 36 Snaps 64% INJ
Carolina- Shaq Thompson vs OAK 63 Snaps 100%
Chicago- Roquan Smith vs DET 76 Snaps 97% 
Cincinnati- Germaine Pratt
Cleveland- Sione Takikati** vs BAL 54 Sanps 92% 
Dallas- Leighton Vander Esch
Denver- AJ Johnson
Detroit- Jahlani Tavai vs CHI 51 Snaps 74%
Houston- Zach Cunningham** Green Dot vs KCC  69 Snaps 100%
Indianapolis- Darius Leonard** Green Dot vs JAX 50 Snaps 100% 
Green Bay- Christian Kirksey** Green Dot vs MIN 52 Snaps 100%
Jacksonville- Joe Schobert & Myles Jacks vs IND 74 Snaps 100%
Kansas City- Ben Niemann** Green Dot vs Hou 36 Snaps 61%
Las Vegas- Cory Littleton vs CAR 67 Snaps 100%
Los Angeles R- Kenny Young
Los Angeles C- Kenneth Murray
Miami- Jerome Baker
Minnesota- Erik Kendricks
New England- Ja'Whaun Bentley
New York G- Blake Martinez
New York J- Neville Hewitt 87 Snaps 100%
New Orleans- Demario Davis
Philadelphia- Nate Gerry
Pittsburgh- Devin Bush
San Francisco- Fred Warner
Seattle- Bobby Wagner** 79 vs ATL Snaps 100%
Tampa Bay- Devin White
Tennessee- Rashaan Evans
Washington-  Thomas Davis

Baltimore- Patrick Queen
Saw a video of Queen's first game action and didn't see a Queen thread.

For those interested here is the LINK

Despite the final score the Browns had success on the ground so he wasn't blowing up plays in the backfield but he had an impact with a sack and forced fumble.  

Saw a video of Queen's first game action and didn't see a Queen thread.

For those interested here is the LINK

Despite the final score the Browns had success on the ground so he wasn't blowing up plays in the backfield but he had an impact with a sack and forced fumble.  
I was more interested in the usage of Malik Harrison (4 tackles, 1 PD, 29% snap count) than Queen as I figured Queen would be on the field plenty (74% snaps).  I am hoping Harrison gets more time soon as he seems to make the most of his opportunities out there. 

I figured this would be a good spot for this question...………………...what do people think about Schobert after 3 weeks of games.  Last night was the first time I really watched him in Jax and was fairly disappointed.  I expected better IDP numbers than what he is getting.  Is he going to just be around 5 solos & 3 assists a week from here on out?  There are a lot of players in that neighborhood and Schobert was supposed to be a top 10ish LB'er this year.  Is this just early season feeling it out or do you think this will be the norm?

I figured this would be a good spot for this question...………………...what do people think about Schobert after 3 weeks of games.  Last night was the first time I really watched him in Jax and was fairly disappointed.  I expected better IDP numbers than what he is getting.  Is he going to just be around 5 solos & 3 assists a week from here on out?  There are a lot of players in that neighborhood and Schobert was supposed to be a top 10ish LB'er this year.  Is this just early season feeling it out or do you think this will be the norm?
He looks about the same as any of the other (very few) times I've seen him play. He's good but not special, will be in position to make plays, and will have some splash plays mixed in throughout the season. Those splash plays are what it takes for him to be a top 10 LB, I think, as he's not a dominant athlete by any stretch. CLE & JAX don't make primetime often but I was happy with what I saw. He's on pace for the 90 solo range he's flirted with each of the last few (healthy) seasons.

Jacksonville brought in then lost Al Woods and Rodney Gunter before the season started. Abry Jones can't do it. Adam Gotsis is inconsistent. Schobert's production fell way off after Myles Garrett's suspension last year. I'm not counting on a big season from Schobert. He's getting pushed around by IOLs climbing to the second level.

2021 list available https://www.4for4.com/2021/preseason/projected-three-down-linebackers-2021 

A few players on that list are projected to take a big jump in snap % based on last year's totals.

Milano in BUF; Wilson in CIN; Phillips in CLE; Anzalone in DET (assuming he doesn't break and can hold off Barnes); Wilson in JAX (obv. after Schobert trade)

Gay in KC; Tranquil in LAC; McKinney in MIA; Barr in MIN; Werner in NO; Mosley & Davis in NYJ;

Any that look way off? 

(I've ignored the incoming rookies and the stud rookies from last year that are expected to take the big jump for year 2.)

2021 list available https://www.4for4.com/2021/preseason/projected-three-down-linebackers-2021 

A few players on that list are projected to take a big jump in snap % based on last year's totals.

Milano in BUF; Wilson in CIN; Phillips in CLE; Anzalone in DET (assuming he doesn't break and can hold off Barnes); Wilson in JAX (obv. after Schobert trade)

Gay in KC; Tranquil in LAC; McKinney in MIA; Barr in MIN; Werner in NO; Mosley & Davis in NYJ;

Any that look way off? 

(I've ignored the incoming rookies and the stud rookies from last year that are expected to take the big jump for year 2.)
Jaylon Smith for Dallas. 

With LVE and Neal, I don't even know if he has 2nd most snaps.  Cox is having a good summer as well, apparently. A Dallas homer may know more. 

This makes me sad. His college highlights were as good if not better than Parsons.

https://youtu.be/lsJ6EX7LFjI

Jaylon Smith for Dallas. 

With LVE and Neal, I don't even know if he has 2nd most snaps.  Cox is having a good summer as well, apparently. A Dallas homer may know more. 

This makes me sad. His college highlights were as good if not better than Parsons.

https://youtu.be/lsJ6EX7LFjI

Interesting. I have been assuming LVE is the odd man out there, and believe there were at least rumblings about LVE being OTB. 

Interesting. I have been assuming LVE is the odd man out there, and believe there were at least rumblings about LVE being OTB. 
Oh I don't think LVE is playing over Jaylon.

I think it'll be Parsons and a bunch of guys. Rotation, and I think Neal could get more snaps than people think.

Oh I don't think LVE is playing over Jaylon.

I think it'll be Parsons and a bunch of guys. Rotation, and I think Neal could get more snaps than people think.

Thanks for clarifying. The first post mentions Smith not being the second most snaps so it was a bit confusing. 

Personally, I think LVE is traded the second a team realizes the LB core they have sucks and/or a top LB gets injured for the season. 

Any that look way off? 

I have Gay on my roster, so maybe this is just me lamenting, but I don't think KC has had a LB over 1000 snaps in many years, per Kislingbury. And they play base nickel, like everybody else, but the television screen's starting D shows base nickel, which is unusual for teams. They play a lot of 1 LB sets. Hitchens and Bolton figure to eat into Gay's snaps. Perhaps I'm wrong here, but Kislingbury gives me pause. Perhaps that's his skepticism about everything (I'm having trouble discerning his points at times. He's harping on something. I'm just not sure what. Yes, we know it's uncertain. Give an opinion or something.)

I'm also not sure I'm pooh-poohing this because I have him. I roster McKinney, Barr, and Davis, and I can see all of those besides Kislingbury pointing out in his research that Miami plays lots of one linebacker. I can see McKinney coming off the field in Miami dimes. That's a more solid Kislingbury take, and is based on his season-ending charting of all defensive plays by each team, which is a labor of some sort of something else. Wow. 

I have Gay on my roster, so maybe this is just me lamenting, but I don't think KC has had a LB over 1000 snaps in many years, per Kislingbury. And they play base nickel, like everybody else, but the television screen's starting D shows base nickel, which is unusual for teams. They play a lot of 1 LB sets. Hitchens and Bolton figure to eat into Gay's snaps. Perhaps I'm wrong here, but Kislingbury gives me pause. Perhaps that's his skepticism about everything (I'm having trouble discerning his points at times. He's harping on something. I'm just not sure what. Yes, we know it's uncertain. Give an opinion or something.)
I assume it's a variation on how the positional designations don't mean as much anymore (SS/FS, WLB/SLB, etc). He's been polishing that rant for years. Still, we need more Kislingburys.  

I think Bolton and Hitchens are definitely  a concern for Gay, a Twitter and Athletic search pops up some good blurbs about Hitchens, specifically his fitness. Looking lighter/quicker this year.  

Another comment on DAL:  Dallas fan Twitter think Jaylon and LVE are gone next year, and with the addition of Parsons/Cox/Neal, the front office seems to be agreeing with them.  

I assume it's a variation on how the positional designations don't mean as much anymore (SS/FS, WLB/SLB, etc). He's been polishing that rant for years. Still, we need more Kislingburys.  

I think Bolton and Hitchens are definitely  a concern for Gay, a Twitter and Athletic search pops up some good blurbs about Hitchens, specifically his fitness. Looking lighter/quicker this year.  

Another comment on DAL:  Dallas fan Twitter think Jaylon and LVE are gone next year, and with the addition of Parsons/Cox/Neal, the front office seems to be agreeing with them.  

That DAL situation is exactly what I've been assuming since the draft. LVE is in his final year and did not have his 5th year exercised. Smith will be a bit more tricky since he just signed a long term deal, but if both youngsters show out, forcing a restructure or get cut scenario would be on the table. 

I agree. I just wish I didn't have to divine so much from him sometimes. That's a minor complaint, though. It's really that when I'm in the re-telling of a Tweet of his it's often hard to fully explain the substance of what he's saying. 

Hey guys! Mike here from 4for4. I just wanted to thank you for referencing my article throughout this thread.

I just wanted to give you a heads up - if you scroll down I break the snaps/usage team by team below the table and also give my thoughts on trends on who could be line for significant snap increases/decreases. It's updated weekly and it's one of my favorite articles I do over at 4for4.

Thanks again for sharing and referencing. If you have any questions, Twitter is the best place to get me......@Mike_Woellert

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread