What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Republican Convention: Charlotte, Jax, White House... (1 Viewer)

SaintsInDome2006

Footballguy
Republicans scrambling to pull off convention as Trump keeps changing demands: report

According to a report from USA Today, Republicans tasked with putting together the Republican National Convention next week are still scrambling because Donald Trump is making constant demands for changes and scrutinizing every detail.

With the RNC having been moved from Charlotte, North Carolina, then to Jacksonville, Florida over COVID-19 concerns, Republicans — like the Democrats — will now be holding a virtual convention.

However, unlike the Democrats, Republicans are having to deal with the ever-changing moods and demands of the volatile Trump.

Noting that organizers have yet to release a schedule for the week — including all of the speaker slots — the report states that demands are changing by the hour.

According to a report from USA Today, Republicans tasked with putting together the Republican National Convention next week are still scrambling because Donald Trump is making constant demands for changes and scrutinizing every detail. 

With the RNC having been moved from Charlotte, North Carolina, then to Jacksonville, Florida over COVID-19 concerns, Republicans — like the Democrats — will now be holding a virtual convention.

However, unlike the Democrats, Republicans are having to deal with the ever-changing moods and demands of the volatile Trump.

Noting that organizers have yet to release a schedule for the week — including all of the speaker slots — the report states that demands are changing by the hour.

...According to USA Today, Trump is being kept up to date on every detail which is leading to delays and even more confusion.

“Trump freely offers advice on what he wants to see in the convention, officials said. Previous presidents have taken an interest in convention planning, but Trump’s role is unique given his background in television. The star of a TV reality show before entering politics, Trump often envisions events in terms of how they will look on television,” the report states. ”

According to Ron Bonjean, a GOP political strategist, “When it comes to what a television shot looks like, the president is very engaged. He cares about what the lighting looks like. What are the backgrounds? Who are the other people who are going to be in the shot? He is very detail oriented on what viewers are going to be seeing and how it is going to be portrayed on a daily basis.”
Also - USAT

Last edited by a moderator:
The media is going to flooded with stories of haggard, downtrodden,  relieved Republican staffers when Trump gets voted out. 

"My god, I'm so glad we don't have to deal with HIM anymore..."*

*not an actual quote yet but will be many times over.

Very interested in seeing the speaker line-up.  Not former President Bush; I highly doubt the first lady.  All of his kids.  But what current political leaders will speak, if any?  And how will they dance around the unqualified, undignified, narcissistic elephant (no pun intended) in the room?  In general, how upbeat can everyone be with over 180,000 Americans dead from Covid-19 and someone dying every minute or two?  A thin red line, indeed.

“Many people” are saying it’s not legal to use the White House for this purpose. Are “the best people” saying it? Not sure, but hopefully we’ll find out from “fine people on both sides”.

Very interested iingn see the speaker line-up.  Not former President Bush; I highly doubt the first lady.  All of his kids.  But what current political leaders will speak, if any?
RNC speakers will include:

- a House Representative who pushes coronavirus conspiracy theories

- two people currently charged with felonies

- a man who is currently suing the federal government over a school shooting

- notable Republicans such as Colin Powell, John Kasich, Cindy McCain, Christine Todd Whitman, Susan Molinari, and Meg Whitman (JUST KIDDING! They all spoke at the Democratic convention.)

RNC speakers will include:

- a House Representative who pushes coronavirus conspiracy theories

- two people currently charged with felonies

- a man who is currently suing the federal government over a school shooting

- notable Republicans such as Colin Powell, John Kasich, Cindy McCain, Christine Todd Whitman, Susan Molinari, and Meg Whitman (JUST KIDDING! They all spoke at the Democratic convention.)
Nikki Haley

Kevin McCarthy

Joni Earnst
Tim Scott

Nick Sandmann

Jim Jordan is saying prayers to be asked to headline.  He'll say anything Trump wants him to.

• Laughing
Reactions: rct
I am sure there will be an effort by his family members to tell us what a kind , generous , humble man President Trump is. 

Should be an easy week for the MSM...they already have their stories written regardless of what happens.

Should be an easy week for the MSM...they already have their stories written regardless of what happens.
Like anyone actually believes anything unexpected is going to happen. A great deal of time will be spent exaggerating what is going to this country if Biden is elected. The only question that remains is how absurd and ridiculous they will be.

Trump is expected to speak every night at 10:00 ET.

Republicans involved in the planning admit that anxiety began to set in two weeks ago. But on Saturday, they said that they were now confident that a fully realized lineup was in place — and that in contrast to the Democrats’ virtual event, voters could expect something more akin to a regular convention, with a focus on live onstage moments featuring Mr. Trump, whom aides described as the week’s “talent in chief.”

Typically, the nominee makes a mundane appearance early in the convention — waving or watching from the wings — before a major speech at the end. Mr. Trump has dismissed that model and now plans to directly address the nation in prime-time on each of the convention’s four nights. The president wants the opportunity to rebut charges made against him throughout the Democratic program, aides said, particularly on his handling of the coronavirus crisis.

I don't have a problem with his kids having a spot on the dais.

I just wish that they would focus on Trump as a father and not use their time to rant about various grievances.

• Sad
I don't have a problem with his kids having a spot on the dais.

I just wish that they would focus on Trump as a father and not use their time to rant about various grievances.
There’s no problem other than it looks pretty sad.
We can agree to disagree. I don't think it's sad when the adult child of a politician delivers a testimonial about their parent.

It can become sad, yes. That's why I'm hoping that the Trump kids focus on family stuff instead of conspiracies, grievances, and other subjects which end up making Trump look like he raised poorly-mannered children.

But there's nothing wrong with the concept itself.

• Laughing
We can agree to disagree. I don't think it's sad when the adult child of a politician delivers a testimonial about their parent.

It can become sad, yes. That's why I'm hoping that the Trump kids focus on family stuff instead of conspiracies, grievances, and other subjects which end up making Trump look like he raised poorly-mannered children.

When the guy the week before has 2 past presidents, SoS, his opponents during the campaign, Senators, prominent members of the opposing party all speaking and your list is half composed of your family it looks pretty bad IMO

That’s precisely what Tiffany did in 2016. 

use their time to rant about various grievances.
As a disclaimer, I Probably will not be voting in this election , And as of today don’t really care who wins.

But isn’t what you wrote basically what the Dems did all of last week?
I wouldn't know because I didn't watch a single moment of the Democrat convention.

And in the interest of clarification: I'm not opposed to the airing of grievances, per se. I just think that it is better suited for party leaders and not the children of the candidate.

Ivanka will avoid conspiracy stuff and give some speech about jobs or trade or female empowerment or something. No idea what Tiffany will do, probably anecdotes that show her dad is totally not a sociopath, maybe he hugged her once.

Eric and Junior will absolutely bring conspiracy theories and grievances. That’s their role. 

When the guy the week before has 2 past presidents, SoS, his opponents during the campaign, Senators, prominent members of the opposing party all speaking and your list is half composed of your family it looks pretty bad IMO
The fact that this even needs to be explained is an example of the problem our country finds itself in a nutshell.

A bunch of unqualified family members “running” a country? That’s called a dictatorship. That’s embarrassing, unpatriotic, and un-American. The fact that people don’t see that is a huge problem. Open your eyes.

Users who are viewing this thread